Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Congratulations To The Republican Justice

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Telstar

Telstar

May he cover you with Glory! Party Harty!

Congratulations To The Republican Justice Kavana16

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Okay so the R's have tried to ruin football with all the BS about why the players are kneeling and now this thing has nearly ruined beer! Given it a bad name at any rate! This really is a new low.

Telstar

Telstar

othershoe1030 wrote:Okay so the R's have tried to ruin football with all the BS about why the players are kneeling and now this thing has nearly ruined beer! Given it a bad name at any rate! This really is a new low.

Football and pro wrasslin' since president Mushroom will be pushing the McMahon football league in 2020. Least the wrasslin' hall of fame member Mushroom can do after all the rubles the McMahon family contributed to the bastards campaign.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

We are like fish swimming in our own points of view and habits of thinking. This is a fact. Our brains are not wired to take in objective data but rather filters evidence to fit what we already know or believe.

That being said I was completely struck by the observation of Senator Mazie Hirono of Hawaii on State of the Union this morning. She stated quite correctly that as far as corroborating testimony/evidence goes Kavanaugh himself did not have any either yet his statement was treated as having to be true because SHE didn't have any corroborating witnesses. They were held to two different standards wherein HIS DENIAL was given full weight and she was required to PROVE her claims.

Is it not remarkable that no one else (that I've heard of) has pointed this out?

PkrBum

PkrBum

Because that's contrary to every tenet of jurisprudence and common law in civilized countries.

See dictatorships and theocracies for your "newfound" version.

Telstar

Telstar

Congratulations To The Republican Justice Gop_dn10

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:Because that's contrary to every tenet of jurisprudence and common law in civilized countries.

See dictatorships and theocracies for your "newfound" version.

I understand the legal stance of innocent until proven guilty but this was not a trial.

I'm wondering how many corporations or companies would hire a job applicant that behaved the way he did in a written statement no less, not a moment of flying off the handle but something he'd written and reflected on and chose to present. He was talking more like Alex Jones than a judge when he cited all the forces that he claimed had been rallied to oppose him.

Holy cow. I know he's going to be on the court for life unless he totally disintegrates along the way and is (highly unlikely) impeached but as job interviews go I'd say he should get an F on his presentation. Although letting his hair down and letting it all hang out apparently worked; so you've got to give him that.

I just think he was granted A LOT more credence than he deserved. More information should have been reviewed like 90% or more of what he wrote while working for the Bush WH. There were many irregularities in this whole process that many find regrettable.

PkrBum

PkrBum

There was already more "documentation" than any previous nominee. So no... that's irrelevant.

Just how much "credence" does a person deserve that has an unblemished record?

These aren't goalposts that you should want to move for political purposes.

Telstar

Telstar

Congratulations To The Republican Justice Tombst10

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

“This whole two-week effort has been a calculated and orchestrated political hit, fueled with apparent pent-up anger about President Trump and the 2016 election, fear that has been unfairly stoked about my judicial record; revenge on behalf of the Clintons and millions of dollars in money from outside left-wing opposition groups.

“This is a circus. The consequences will extend long past my nomination. The consequences will be with us for decades. This grotesque character assassination will dissuade confident and good people of all political persuasions from serving our country, and as we all know, in the political system of the early 2000s, what goes around comes around.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/editorials/article219358835.html

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:There was already more "documentation" than any previous nominee. So no... that's irrelevant.

Just how much "credence" does a person deserve that has an unblemished record?

These aren't goalposts that you should want to move for political purposes.

The process has denigrated both the Senate and the court nominees. There was not full disclosure. Important documents were kept secret and will only come out later.  I've also seen R's on camera making the same claim you've stated here but whereas there might have been a lot of information some of the potentially most damaging was kept under wraps.

New details have emerged about potentially thousands of Brett Kavanaugh’s White House emails and other records related to the Senate hacking scandal from early in the George W. Bush administration and other controversial subjects that have not been disclosed to the Senate, according to Democratic senators on the Judiciary Committee.

The undisclosed documents, which date from Kavanaugh’s time in the Bush White House, are set to be produced in coming weeks as a result of two Freedom of Information Act lawsuits, one pursued by Democratic senators on the Judiciary Committee and another by an outside privacy group, the Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC). Release of the documents is still subject to White House approval and other consultations.

The Senate hacking scandal involved a Republican Judiciary Committee aide, Manny Miranda, who, according to an official investigation, infiltrated the electronic files of Democrats on the committee with the help of a co-conspirator, James Lundell, and passed the intelligence on to other senators, the White House, and friendly opinion columnists over a period of years. The pilfered material contained, among other things, Democrats’ research and prepared questions for judicial nominees.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/lawsuits-point-large-trove-unreleased-kavanaugh-white-house-documents-202543065.html

Telstar

Telstar

[quote="Floridatexan"]what goes around comes around.

And around and around until it ends up back in the face of the 2 bit prick who vomited out.

polecat

polecat

Congratulations To The Republican Justice Dotpx610

Telstar

Telstar

polecat wrote:Congratulations To The Republican Justice Dotpx610

Congratulations To The Republican Justice 58336e18

Telstar

Telstar

Telstar

Telstar

Sponsored content