Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Democrats just killed any chance for the senate at midterm.....toothless and stupid

+8
Vikingwoman
EmeraldGhost
othershoe1030
Sal
Floridatexan
zsomething
Telstar
2seaoat
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:The babyboomers are the most selfish generation in American history.  They have run up debt by massive tax cuts and this idea that you can militarize society and bomb civilians around the world as children die in hospitals and schools from our bombs and that the cost......just send it down the line.

I have a challenge.  Name five babyboomers who have helped America.  Gates and Jobs sent more jobs overseas than the chinese devaluing their currency.....you see the babyboomers sold our factories and bought condos on the beach and gated communities on desert Mountain where five million will get you a house.  So much potential destroyed by selfish monetary pursuit and a total sense of entitlement.   The music was good, but as soon as they reached thirty...they abandoned the same for a bmw and coffee from starbucks as they listen to seventy five year old sing I can't get no satisfaction.....yep the babyboomer motto.

You're talking about REPUBLICANS. I was never a Republican, although I registered as one in this state so I could vote in local elections. Never, never abandoned the job or the music, and I didn't have my first child until I was 32, the second at 34. Ronnie Raygun made raising my children extremely difficult with his "voodoo economics". Ditto for H W. Double ditto for George W. Never owned a BMW; only get coffee from Starbucks when my daughter brings me a cup. Did I ever feel entitled? Only to the extent that I put in the WORK. So you can speak for yourself, but not for me and for people like me. BTW, I was never a hippie, but I damn sure opposed ALL THE WARS.

Telstar

Telstar

Floridatexan wrote:
2seaoat wrote:The babyboomers are the most selfish generation in American history.  They have run up debt by massive tax cuts and this idea that you can militarize society and bomb civilians around the world as children die in hospitals and schools from our bombs and that the cost......just send it down the line.

I have a challenge.  Name five babyboomers who have helped America.  Gates and Jobs sent more jobs overseas than the chinese devaluing their currency.....you see the babyboomers sold our factories and bought condos on the beach and gated communities on desert Mountain where five million will get you a house.  So much potential destroyed by selfish monetary pursuit and a total sense of entitlement.   The music was good, but as soon as they reached thirty...they abandoned the same for a bmw and coffee from starbucks as they listen to seventy five year old sing I can't get no satisfaction.....yep the babyboomer motto.

You're talking about REPUBLICANS.  I was never a Republican, although I registered as one in this state so I could vote in local elections.  Never, never abandoned the job or the music, and I didn't have my first child until I was 32, the second at 34. Ronnie Raygun made raising my children extremely difficult with his "voodoo economics".   Ditto for H W.  Double ditto for George W.  Never owned a BMW; only get coffee from Starbucks when my daughter brings me a cup.  Did I ever feel entitled?  Only to the extent that I put in the WORK.  So you can speak for yourself, but not for me and for people like me.  BTW, I was never a hippie, but I damn sure opposed ALL THE WARS.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Deus X wrote:

Are you still banging on about the Kavanaugh hearing? Nobody will even remember that by 4 November because Trump will have committed two or three new outrages by then.

You are being quite generous. Every day is like a week or more of what used to be known as "normal" when it comes to political BREAKING NEWS! Already 45 is saying he can't be blamed if R's lose the House. Even he can see this coming.

45 is a supreme demagogue who is attempting to control the news cycle and his supporters by churning up more news diversions such as this caravan of people from Guatemala who are on the southern border of Mexico. Instead of trying to work with the governments of Mexico and Guatemala to see if we can improve the conditions in those countries so people don't have to flea he is using the event to stir up his followers, making it seem more threatening than it is.

He is calling those who protest him a mob. I'm thinking it is going to be a mob of voters not one of violence. He is the one glorifying and condoning violence.
At his rally in Montana last night he congratulated the congressman from that state who body slammed a reporter. He thought that was just great. The crowd went wild. This is what a demagogue does, riles people up to the point that they stop thinking. Now that's a mob.

The list of transgressions and outlandish behavior grow by the hour. The assault on our civil senses is so constant and extreme that we are in danger of becoming numb to it. Fortunately there is an election coming and plenty of people reminding us to VOTE! That's our only chance at this point.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum