Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fox News' Chris Wallace: Ford's testimony a 'disaster' for GOP

+6
EmeraldGhost
Deus X
Sal
2seaoat
zsomething
Telstar
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Telstar

Telstar

Sounds like they lost Fox News....

Fox News anchor Chris Wallace said the early part of Christine Blasey Ford's testimony in front of the Senate was so far a "disaster" for Republicans because Ford came off as a credible witness.

"Extremely emotional, extremely raw, and extremely credible," Wallace said during a break in the hearing. He added that Ford was "obviously traumatized by an event" and said that "this is a disaster for Republicans."

Brit Hume, an analyst for Fox, added that Ford came across "very sympathetic" in the first part of her testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Ford has accused Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her more than 30 years ago, when they were teenagers in high school. She and Kavanaugh were both scheduled to testify separately Thursday morning.

Kavanaugh has vigorously denied the claim, but in response to questions from Democrats, Ford, said she had no doubt that Kavanaugh was the one who jumped on her and held her mouth closed as he tried to assault her.

Wallace also said he's confused at the Republican plan to ask their questions with the help of a woman with expertise in sexual assault. He and others said on the panel that her questions have yet to elicit any useful information from Ford that helps them.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/fox-news-chris-wallace-fords-testimony-a-disaster-for-gop

zsomething

They'd be idiots to try to ram this guy through. He will be forever in doubt, and the GOP would be sending a message that they don't really give two shits about credibility or accountability, as long as they get their way. They'll be poisoning their own well.

But, they may do it anyway.

The truth of it is, the GOP is so cynical about their own base now that they're prone to overreach. They think, "Our voters are a bunch of brainwashed idiots who'll follow us no matter what we do, so why even make an effort to make a good story for them anymore? We'll get the same results regardless! They'll keep voting for us just because they're spiteful and liberals are annoying!" They're counting on that... and eventually it's going to wear out for 'em. But, they've never been a group with much foresight.

I almost can't blame them. If I had a base as brainwashable and resistant to critical thinking as the conservatives do, I'd probably want to see what kind of bullshit I could make them buy, too. It's human nature.

2seaoat

I doubt it. I think this is just an ancillary never trump moment. I did not hear one cogent question of the Dr. from the Democrats. I heard political speeches. So will this hurt the mid terms........I am a lone voice which says the senate stays with the Republicans and the House despite gains for the Democrats, it will remain in the hands of the Republicans......what then after all the screaching and whining about this hearing where half the committee did not ask questions.

Gosh, it should be fun to see how they behave when questioning the judge.

Sal

Sal

Maybe it was intentional, ... I dunno, but the female prosecutor the Repubes brought in made them look horrible.

She scored zero points, made the Repubes appear cowardly, and actually disparaged the proceedings.

Judge Feel'emup is up next.

He better not bring his wooden, "I'm a chaste little choir boy" act ...

... he'll get savaged.

Telstar

Telstar

LOL, mannish boy republican...

Lindsey Graham to Democrats: “You’d better watch out for your nominees”

Graham is repeatedly, glibly dismissing Christine Blasey Ford’s accusations.

After Thursday morning’s first round of testimony by Christine Blasey Ford, who has accused Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her when they were teenagers (an allegation Kavanaugh has denied), Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) seemed to threaten that Republicans will make sexual assault allegations against future Democratic judicial nominees in retaliation.

“Let me tell my Democratic friends,” said Graham, who sits on the Senate Judiciary Committee where Ford is testifying, before a gaggle of reporters on Capitol Hill. “If this is the new norm, you’d better watch out for your nominees.”

You can watch his full remarks below:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/9/27/17910750/lindsey-graham-christine-blasey-ford-hearing-brett-kavanaugh

Deus X

Deus X

Republican governor says Kavanaugh allegations 'sickening,' calls on Senate to postpone vote

One of the country's most popular Republican governors on Thursday called for an independent investigation into the allegations made against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh and said the Senate should hold off on a vote.

Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker made the comments as Professor Christine Blasey Ford testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee that Kavanaugh sexually and physically assaulted her.

"The accusations brought against Judge Kavanaugh are sickening and deserve an independent investigation," Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker tweeted. "There should be no vote in the Senate."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/27/politics/massachusetts-governor-kavanaugh-investigation/index.html

This doesn't really matter though, Kavanaugh will never get 50 votes in the Senate. This is all political theater.

Telstar

Telstar

Deus X wrote:Republican governor says Kavanaugh allegations 'sickening,' calls on Senate to postpone vote

One of the country's most popular Republican governors on Thursday called for an independent investigation into the allegations made against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh and said the Senate should hold off on a vote.

Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker made the comments as Professor Christine Blasey Ford testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee that Kavanaugh sexually and physically assaulted her.

"The accusations brought against Judge Kavanaugh are sickening and deserve an independent investigation," Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker tweeted. "There should be no vote in the Senate."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/27/politics/massachusetts-governor-kavanaugh-investigation/index.html

This doesn't really matter though, Kavanaugh will never get 50 votes in the Senate. This is all political theater.

Evil rapist Kavanaught just called the process a national disgrace. It will be if he is confirmed. Now he is the angry ex virgin. You can almost see mushroom's arm up his ass. Pathetic even for the GOP.

Fox News' Chris Wallace: Ford's testimony a 'disaster' for GOP 1_kava12

Sal

Sal

Shouty one minute, ... weepy the next.

This dude paints a pretty spot on portrait of an alcoholic.

Mad Sad drunken Mad Sad drunken

Telstar

Telstar

Boo hoo now come the tears about his widdle girl. Maybe if he took a polygraph test his family and America would  believe he never got sloppy drunk and tried to rape an innocent woman. He keeps calendars because his dad did. ( Here come the tears again.) Poor widdle innocent virgin boy. Deny, deny, deny just like mushroom's legal guru taught him.

Telstar

Telstar

Sal wrote:Shouty one minute, ... weepy the next.

This dude paints a pretty spot on portrait of an alcoholic.

Mad  Sad  drunken  Mad  Sad  drunken

A spectacular meltdown! Can't wait to see what SNL does with it.

Telstar

Telstar

If his yearbook was supposed to be a combo of Animal House and Caddy Shack, why did his best friend quote Noel Coward about beating women?

Sal

Sal

Fox News' Chris Wallace: Ford's testimony a 'disaster' for GOP DumpsterFire2

Telstar

Telstar

Sal wrote:Fox News' Chris Wallace: Ford's testimony a 'disaster' for GOP DumpsterFire2

LOL right? Is it me or do you get the feeling that he's already been told he ain't going nowhere after he was told it was in the bag?

zsomething

Telstar wrote:

“Let me tell my Democratic friends,” said Graham, who sits on the Senate Judiciary Committee where Ford is testifying, before a gaggle of reporters on Capitol Hill. “If this is the new norm, you’d better watch out for your nominees.”

See, this is the kind of thing that makes me lose patience with conservatives. Every time one thing happens, they start acting like it's "the new norm." Gorsuch went through without claims of sexual impropriety. Judge Alito wasn't accused of being a rapist, neither did John Roberts. Harriet Myers didn't get through because she was an inept, ridiculous pick, but they didn't slam her morals.

Not everything is "political gamesmanship." They won't even entertain the idea that Kavanaugh is being accused of these things because just maybe he actually did them.

Does ah deah Miss Lindsey expect people just to shrug off bad, corrupt nominees just because they fear getting accused of "trying to set a new norm"?

Horseshit. Accountability is accountability. Don't want to deal with scandal, do the homework and pick better nominees. I know a lot of conservatives and despite all their Jesus-hollerin' they tend to be morally-defective people. There's a personality type that gets attracted to that authoritarian cult-follower shit, and it's a type that's full of flaws. If you really want to find one who doesn't have a dirty past, you better dig and dig hard.

Democrats don't have a double standard here. They ran Al Franken out of the senate for much less. He did a stupid thing, and I don't know if his dumb jokes and bad reading of people really warranted him losing his Senate seat, but he did something really stupid and it was his own fault and he had an ass-whuppin' coming because of it, and if losing his seat's what they deemed, then, that's what happens, fair enough, don't do stupid shit. I know of very few Dems who'll defend Bill Clinton on moral grounds. Good statesman, great at handling economies, sucks-from-hell at being a decent human being.

Lindsey Graham can stick it. I don't know where that guy's spine was spirited off to, anyway. He was standing up to Trump for a while, but Trump apparently has something on that little peezle, and now he's a lap-dog.

Sal

Sal

"I had more lady clerks than any other judge ... easy on the eyes, ... great gams."

Telstar

Telstar

Fox News' Chris Wallace: Ford's testimony a 'disaster' for GOP Kavana11

Telstar

Telstar

He can always get a job as a spokesperson for Budweiser. 'I like beer. I drink beer. I like beer!'

zsomething

Apparently Kavanaugh thinks a good defense is to fucking snivel. The guy's whining, crying, and sniveling when he talks about himself. It's actually repulsive.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1045396563621801985

Then -- I guess in an attempt to prove how impartial and fair a judge he'd be -- he starts paranoid shit about mean ol' Democrats and the Clintons trying to get "revenge" on him.

Hillary stood up to hours of grilling and kept her cool, and this guy turns into a snivelly little worm before the starting gun's done echoing.

The guy's fucking pathetic. If Republicans put this immature, unstable piece of shit on the highest court in the land, they are JOKES.

Deus X

Deus X

Telstar wrote:Fox News' Chris Wallace: Ford's testimony a 'disaster' for GOP Kavana11

MANY MUCH OUT LOUD LAUGHINGS!!

I heard on the news that his meetings at the White House were about "toughening him up". I can just imagine Trump's reaction when he sees this girly-man on the verge of weeping just talking about his "calendars".

What a putz!

He's done, toast!

Telstar

Telstar

zsomething wrote:Apparently Kavanaugh thinks a good defense is to fucking snivel.  The guy's whining, crying, and sniveling when he talks about himself.  It's actually repulsive.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1045396563621801985

Then -- I guess in an attempt to prove how impartial and fair a judge he'd be -- he starts paranoid shit about mean ol' Democrats and the Clintons trying to get "revenge" on him.

Hillary stood up to hours of grilling and kept her cool, and this guy turns into a snivelly little worm before the starting gun's done echoing.

The guy's fucking pathetic.   If Republicans put this immature, unstable piece of shit on the highest court in the land, they are JOKES.

Right. Who's the snowflake now virgin boy? lol!

Sal

Sal

Judge Kavanaugh has requested a break ...

... he needs a drink.

Deus X

Deus X

zsomething wrote:Apparently Kavanaugh thinks a good defense is to fucking snivel.  The guy's whining, crying, and sniveling when he talks about himself.  It's actually repulsive.

Yeah, hard to watch--but I couldn't turn away!

Deus X

Deus X

Sal wrote:Judge Kavanaugh has requested a break ...

... he needs a drink.

Hell, I needed one just watching it!

On MSNBC they're calling it "human carnage".

Buh bye, Kavanaugh.

Telstar

Telstar

Deus X wrote:
Sal wrote:Judge Kavanaugh has requested a break ...

... he needs a drink.

Hell, I needed one just watching it!

On MSNBC they're calling it "human carnage".

Buh bye, Kavanaugh.

lol! lol! lol!

zsomething

The gulping water is odd. It's like his impulse is to drink a lot... even if it's just water.

Trump's dimhead son is cheering like Kavanaugh is being "tough" and a "fighter." On what fucking planet is that "tough"? No guy should be crying like that in public unless his mom or his dog just died. Get ahold of yourself, dude, Jesus! This is a job interview. I don't think blubbering and choking is gonna cut it.

The guy's acting like what he probably is -- a bully who got stood-up-to and is now pulling a poor-pitiful-me thing. It's freakin' gross.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum