Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fox News' Chris Wallace: Ford's testimony a 'disaster' for GOP

+6
EmeraldGhost
Deus X
Sal
2seaoat
zsomething
Telstar
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Telstar

Telstar

Kavanaugh hearings underscored the sexism of Senate Republicans — just in time for the 2018 midterms

Highlighting the GOP's underlying gender issues, conservatives on the Judiciary Committee have etched into the public record profiles in cowardice.

Only four hours after Judge Brett Kavanaugh refused to call directly for an FBI investigation of the sexual-assault charges against him, Alabama’s first-term senator, Doug Jones, tweeted that he will vote against the Supreme Court nominee.

Jones’ late-night announcement stood in quiet contrast to President Donald Trump’s thunderous endorsement of Kavanaugh and his defiance of Senate Judiciary Committee members like Sen. Amy Klobuchar, D-NM.

Doug Jones
✔️
@SenDougJones
The Kavanaugh nomination process has been flawed from the beginning and incomplete at the end. Dr. Ford was credible and courageous and I am concerned about the message our vote will be sending to our sons and daughters, as well as victims of sexual assault. I will be voting no.

10:59 PM - Sep 27, 2018

Jones, who stood up to savage conservative attack ads in his home state before announcing his decision last night, likely provides a straw in the wind, confirming polling trends that point toward Republicans losing their House majority on November 6. The GOP’s midterm fate feels ominous regardless of whether Kavanaugh is confirmed by the full Senate. The vote was originally scheduled for Oct. 2, but a late push by Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake to reopen the FBI investigation, which was accepted on Sept. 28 by the White House, will push the vote at least another week.

Trump believes that Kavanaugh’s furious denunciation of the “search and destroy” tactics of Democratic committee members should offset the public-relations triumph of Dr. Christine Blasey Ford’s calm, scientifically detailed account of her traumatic memories. But a summer-long swell in feminist outrage across the polling universe argues that the bulldozer indifference to women’s concerns displayed by Trump, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and the Judiciary Committee’s bumbling chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, has probably assured the Democrats the seats they need to retake the House. Once in control, Democrats could even launch an impeachment movement.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/kavanaugh-hearings-underscored-sexism-senate-republicans-just-time-2018-midterms-ncna915116

Telstar

Telstar

Judge Kavanaugh relaxes while awaiting the verdict...

Fox News' Chris Wallace: Ford's testimony a 'disaster' for GOP - Page 3 Bogart11

Telstar

Telstar

So his dad is still alive. I guess his dad died a little when he watched his whining  little boy behave like a spoiled brat, squeeling like a little girl getting her pussy grabbed by a frustrated golden shower boy for the first time, and soiling himself while he's at it.

Telstar

Telstar

Fox News' Chris Wallace: Ford's testimony a 'disaster' for GOP - Page 3 Kav_ot13

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

RealLindaL wrote:
Sal wrote:This guy is going to be deciding constitutional issues for the next four decades, and the truth is not in him.

Frighteningly and very evidently the case.  Add to that his unmasked, paranoid and vitriolic hatred for Democrats and it's a recipe for judicial disaster in this nation.

Yes and a cloud over the court. What citizens group could bring a case and hope for an unbiased decision?

2seaoat

Please show me bias in his 300 written decisions. There is none. Yet, after being called a serial gang raper in high school he acts like a courageous man defending his reputation which has wrongly been stained by impotent and foolish political theater. The silly thing with this analysis is the only thing which was honest in this political chit show was the righteous anger of the Judge. Stewart said it best........he is a very good judge with some surprising written decisions which were very much main stream and brilliant.

In dissent, Justice John Paul Stevens wrote of the sentence Judge Kavanaugh had singled out that “this elegant phrase cannot bear the weight that our colleagues have placed on it.” There can be good reasons, he wrote, to allow “restrictions on the speech of some in order to prevent a few from drowning out the many.”

Brett's dissent was brilliant, and even Stevens conceded the same.

Telstar

Telstar

Fox News' Chris Wallace: Ford's testimony a 'disaster' for GOP - Page 3 Elepha11

Telstar

Telstar

Fox News' Chris Wallace: Ford's testimony a 'disaster' for GOP - Page 3 Kav_ca10

2seaoat

Very Happy

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:Please show me bias in his 300 written decisions.  There is none.  Yet, after being called a serial gang raper in high school he acts like a courageous man defending his reputation which has wrongly been stained by impotent and foolish political theater.  The silly thing with this analysis is the only thing which was honest in this political chit show was the righteous anger of the Judge.  Stewart said it best........he is a very good judge with some surprising written decisions which were very much main stream and brilliant.  

In dissent, Justice John Paul Stevens wrote of the sentence Judge Kavanaugh had singled out that “this elegant phrase cannot bear the weight that our colleagues have placed on it.” There can be good reasons, he wrote, to allow “restrictions on the speech of some in order to prevent a few from drowning out the many.”

Brett's dissent was brilliant, and even Stevens conceded the same.

In his recent comments in Boca Raton, Stevens "conceded" that Kavanaugh had the intellect and knowlege, and that some of his decisions had indeed been brilliant, but that none of that could overcome the clearly demonstrated fact that the man carries severe political bias which will virtually inevitably influence his judgment of untold numbers of litigants appearing before the Supreme Court over the coming decades.

Kavanaugh is a Trump/Bannon look-alike in his paranoid conspiracy-ism.  HE IS WRONG FOR THE SUPREME COURT, PERIOD.

PkrBum

PkrBum

How are you supposed to react when falsely accused and demonized in front of the world?

I doubt most people buy that talkingpoint.

zsomething

RealLindaL wrote:

In his recent comments in Boca Raton, Stevens "conceded" that Kavanaugh had the intellect and knowlege, and that some of his decisions had indeed been brilliant, but that none of that could overcome the clearly demonstrated fact that the man carries severe political bias which will virtually inevitably influence his judgment of untold numbers of litigants appearing before the Supreme Court over the coming decades.

Kavanaugh is a Trump/Bannon look-alike in his paranoid conspiracy-ism.  HE IS WRONG FOR THE SUPREME COURT, PERIOD.

I figure the Republicans will get their Kavanaugh. But they'll pay a bigger price for it down the road. By picking someone so divisive -- who's only going to get more divisive when he starts voting out things that are popular with the American people -- the resentment for the GOP will only keep growing.

Republicans are short-sighted and over-eager, and they're not looking at anything long-term at all. They're getting their way, but they're running roughshod to do it, and they're building up a backlash.

One of Obama's flaws was he tried too hard to appease them, when they were dead-set on not being appeased. They only resented him and took advantage of him for it. I don't think the next Democratic majority will make the mistake of being so nice.

I used to be more lenient with conservatives, but I'm getting a lot less willing to do that the more they've shown their true colors. Their base is old and rapidly withering, and when they finally get weak enough, the knives are gonna come out. And I don't think many people are going to be willing to stop 'em after this.

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:How are you supposed to react when falsely accused and demonized in front of the world?

Being angry and crying because you think (or pretend, whichever) that you've been falsely accused has NOTHING - ZERO ZIP NADA NIENTE - to do with what I just said about his placing blame on paranoid fantasies, especially that of revenge by the Clintons.   Try to picture ANY ONE of those currently serving on  the Supreme Court saying anything so severely partisan under any circumstances.  Oh, OK, except maybe for Clarence Thomas, another seriously flawed judge.

2seaoat

Take a deep breath, but the truth is about half the list would have been much worse.......so what really was the game plan. It never was to win this nomination battle, but to politicize the process and lower ourselves into the sewer. I will never forgive those who did this to the judge. It is the McCarthy moment where Americans understand common decency. What a shameful chit show as this Republican who was regularly voting for democrats and sending letters to Republican legislators to change unfair laws.......I am voting for my Republican rep holding my nose, but this conduct cannot be rewarded.

zsomething

RealLindaL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:How are you supposed to react when falsely accused and demonized in front of the world?

Being angry and crying because you think (or pretend, whichever) that you've been falsely accused has NOTHING - ZERO ZIP NADA NIENTE - to do with what I just said about his placing blame on paranoid fantasies, especially that of revenge by the Clintons.   Try to picture ANY ONE of those currently serving on  the Supreme Court saying anything so severely partisan under any circumstances.  Oh, OK, except maybe for Clarence Thomas, another seriously flawed judge.

Exactly.

If one of Obama's picks had done something similar, the right-wing would lose their minds. If, say, Sotomayor had come out and said "The only reason Republicans aren't voting for me is because the Koch brothers are leading a FOX News cabal, funded by Neo-Nazi groups, to keep me out!" or something else crazy like that, and then the Dems rammed it through anyway, Pkr would be "what-abouting" that every hour on the hour 'til he ran out of misplaced ellipses.

Also gotta love how they shift right into saying "falsely accused" as if that's actually settled, when it's anything but. And never will be.

They can, and likely will, ram Kavanaugh on through, but their stubbornness to not just pick a candidate that more of the country could accept is going going to have a high price tag on it. That controversy on Kavanaugh is never going to go away, nor is the sense of betrayal that half the country's feeling over how the process was handled -- especially after Merrick Garland was denied even getting a hearing. The GOP is going out of their way to be assholes, and that's something they still have never learned is a bad idea when dealing with this country. You treat voters like crap, you end up having more enemies to fear. When they get out of power again -- and despite the gerrymandering they're counting on, they will -- there's gonna be payback that'll be flat-out sick. They're calling something down that they won't like much when it gets there. It'll be hard to feel much sympathy for 'em, though.

2seaoat

It was worse than a false accusation. It was an accusation which could not be proven one way or the other and was totally irrelevant to the nomination process. It was knowingly destroying an esteemed jurist because he was appointed by Trump. History will judge this like the McCarthy hearings, and Booker and Harris leaving the chamber to talk to the press during the hearing......pure food for the Trump base. I will ask this question. Who is in charge of the democratic party? The inability to answer that question explains the impotency. Those old white blue collar party bosses sure would not put up with this weak wrist chit.......they played for real......but they have not be invited into the big tent, and these hearings affirmed for every white male in America, that the Democratic Party is in full hissy fit.

Trump needs to be defeated. First, get rid of Schumer. He is exactly the prototypical trump base liberal senator stereotype. He and Pelosi hurt the Democrats. Elevate Dick Durbin. He is a calm and reasoned man. He is tenacious but he also is smart. Kick into full gear to rally american agriculture to oppose Trump......if done intelligently, it will flip power to the Democrats. However, when the party is simply urban folks......nobody can sell it except Durbin who is from a farm state. I actually would like to see him run for President. He would win.

Telstar

Telstar

The Gripes of Wrath. LOL

Telstar

Telstar

Fox News' Chris Wallace: Ford's testimony a 'disaster' for GOP - Page 3 Pigs13

Telstar

Telstar

Fox News' Chris Wallace: Ford's testimony a 'disaster' for GOP - Page 3 Kav_me10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum