Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump gives a glowing endorsement to Pence....The markets will crash without me.....as he pointed to where his brain would have been

+4
polecat
knothead
PkrBum
2seaoat
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

When does he throw the Vice President under the bus.....you are fired......He does not even know he cannot fire the Vice President.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Nice thread. Could you be anymore conditioned by the media?

2seaoat

Nice thread. Could you be anymore conditioned by the media?

Could you imagine any other President in our history pointing to his brain and say that the markets will crash without him. The funny thing the market has been going up for seven years.......Rex said it best a F'ing moron.

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:Nice thread. Could you be anymore conditioned by the media?

Could you imagine any other President in our history pointing to his brain and say that the markets will crash without him.   The funny thing  the market has been going up for seven years.......Rex said it best a F'ing moron.

cheers cheers cheers

polecat

polecat

Trump gives a glowing endorsement to Pence....The markets will crash without me.....as he pointed to where his brain would have been 39911010

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:Nice thread. Could you be anymore conditioned by the media?

Could you imagine any other President in our history pointing to his brain and say that the markets will crash without him.   The funny thing  the market has been going up for seven years.......Rex said it best a F'ing moron.

At least the moron pays his F'ers to keep their mouths shut.

ConservaLady

ConservaLady

Today's Markets:

DOW:  25,790.35 (+0.52%)
NASDAQ: 7945.98 (+0.86%)
S&P: 2874.69 (+=.062%)

But Trump's going to crash the economy, right?  That's what all you loony liberals have been saying since day one.  What day is it now?  581.   Our portfolio is doing fine.  More than fine, in fact.

(Tip for lying loony liberal Chicken-Little  Negative-Nellies:  This is what "winning" looks like. It's kind of hard to argue with success, huh?

2seaoat

The percentage of increase in the Stock Market under Obama was greater than Trump. So I do not know what fantasy you are following, but there also were five months where Obama had higher monthly growth figures. Was that all Obama, or a recovering economy from the great recession. Trump has pumped one trillion of debt into the economy which is largely because the 1% is taking 80 percent of the tax cut gain, and it would take a numbskull to not realize increasing the defense budget by 65 billion also stimulated the economy.

Now that our Military is a welfare program, it makes sense to make cuts when the economy is good, and add to the budget as a stimulate when the economy is bad. He is out of sync with economic policy, and the fed just raised interest rates because he is over heating the economy with the giveways.

We now have millions of veterans who want their entitlements......welfare. We have created a militarized society where veterans are wanting more benefits just like the welfare queens. The difference is that paying more welfare to veterans gets you votes.........helping a family to get enough food stamps, gets you no votes.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:The percentage of increase in the Stock Market under Obama was greater than Trump.  So I do not know what fantasy you are following, but there also were five months where Obama had higher monthly growth figures.   Was that all Obama, or a recovering economy from the great recession.  Trump has pumped one trillion of debt into the economy which is largely because the 1% is taking 80 percent of the tax cut gain, and it would take a numbskull to not realize increasing the defense budget by 65 billion also stimulated the economy.

Now that our Military is a welfare program, it makes sense to make cuts when the economy is good, and add to the budget as a stimulate when the economy is bad.  He is out of sync with economic policy, and the fed just raised interest rates because he is over heating the economy with the giveways.

We now have millions of veterans who want their entitlements......welfare.  We have created a militarized society where veterans are wanting more benefits just like the welfare queens.   The difference is that paying more welfare to veterans gets you votes.........helping a family to get enough food stamps, gets you no votes.

Some of these veterans are also food stamp recipients...some are homeless...most have psychological and other health issues. Please don't equate the opposition to war and the MIC with veterans, or people who choose military service.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

BTW, here's Pence on Bill Clinton:

"I, for one, believe that the Seventh Commandment contained in the Ten Commandments is still a big deal. It's the most important promise you'll ever make. And holding people accountable to those promises and holding people accountable to respecting the promises that other people make to me. What what could possibly be a bigger deal than that in this country?"
[...]

"If our leaders flinch at this responsibility, they would do well to heed the Proverb 'if a ruler listens to lies, all his officials become wicked,'" he added. "Our leaders must either act to restore the luster and dignity of the institution of the Presidency or we can be certain that this is only the beginning of an even more difficult time for our land. For the nation to move on, the President must move out."
[...]

"If you and I fall into bad moral habits, we can harm our families, our employers and our friends. The President of the United States can incinerate the planet. Seriously, the very idea that we ought to have at or less than the same moral demands placed on the Chief Executive that we place on our next door neighbor is ludicrous and dangerous.

"Throughout our history, we have seen the presidency as the repository of all of our highest hopes and ideals and values. To demand less is to do an injustice to the blood that bought our freedoms."
[...]

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/8/23/1790380/-This-video-of-Mike-Pence-saying-adultery-is-an-impeachable-offense-is-your-Bible-lesson-of-the-day?detail=emaildkre

RealLindaL

Floridatexan wrote:
2seaoat wrote:

We now have millions of veterans who want their entitlements......welfare.  We have created a militarized society where veterans are wanting more benefits just like the welfare queens.   The difference is that paying more welfare to veterans gets you votes.........helping a family to get enough food stamps, gets you no votes.

Some of these veterans are also food stamp recipients...some are homeless...most have psychological and other health issues.  Please don't equate the opposition to war and the MIC with veterans, or people who choose military service.

I just asked Sea, under his thread admittedly stereotyping those who make military service a career, whether or not he ever served in the military at all. Can't remember. Seems to me it matters in this entire discussion.

2seaoat

Serving in the military is not a prerequisite to having a politcal voice. When I ran for office, I went to the regional police chief meeting and said these 20 smaller departments should be consolidated and taxpayers should work for training, professionalism, and cost savings to the taxpayer. Every other candidate said that we should expand police hiring. I was the only candidate that the police chiefs did not endorse, and local chief came up to me and said Seaoat, every chief in this room knows you are right, but you are messing with their job security. I came in third out of the four candidates. I was really suprised at that high of a rating as I had people in the community tell me I wanted to abolish the police.........it is hard for honest men to make reform in American government without stepping on government teat suckers. It is essential that courageous men and women take this country back from special interest groups who do not have the taxpayer in mind.

RealLindaL

Serving in the military is not a prerequisite to having a politcal voice.

I never said it was, but common sense and human nature tell me that having served or not having served can likely make a significant difference -- for all SORTS of reasons -- in how the military is viewed, whether or not the 'viewer' realizes it or even admits it to him/herself.

ConservaLady

ConservaLady

2seaoat wrote:Serving in the military is not a prerequisite to having a politcal voice.  When I ran for office, I went to the regional police chief meeting and said these 20 smaller departments should be consolidated and taxpayers should work for training, professionalism, and cost savings to the taxpayer.  Every other candidate said that we should expand police hiring.  I was the only candidate that the police chiefs did not endorse, and local chief came up to me and said Seaoat, every chief in this room knows you are right, but you are messing with their job security.  I came in third out of the four candidates.  I was really suprised at that high of a rating as I had people in the community tell me I wanted to abolish the police.........it is hard for honest men to make reform in American government without stepping on government teat suckers.  It is essential that courageous men and women take this country back from special interest groups who do not have the taxpayer in mind.

Save us your pathetic rationalizations.

It's very clear from the above why you ran away when your country called.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

STFU, "lady". You're no lady. Seaoat was NOT called. He was a student with high enough grades that he wouldn't flunk out. Others weren't so lucky. I remember a good friend who drew lottery #1. His grades had suffered from too much partying or he might have been able to avoid the draft.

I saw the clash between some returning Vietnam soldiers and the anti-war folks, of which I was one. I wrote an essay in 1968 condemning the war. My husband is a Vietnam vet; his mother was Canadian and he could have gone to Canada, as many did, but not with a decorated US Navy Commander for a father.

2seaoat

It's very clear from the above why you ran away when your country called.

My country did call while I was in high school and they gave ma a high draft number. Why would I want to kill people who were fighting for independence from a colonial power. Do you think any intelligent person in 1971 who would have volunteered for the military when our troops were withdrawing. The Lady does not know scripture, history, or law, but thinks killing children In Viet Nam was serving their country. I play poker with a viet nam native who made the boat exodus, and the idea of thinking that killing him was serving my country.....that is depravity. I was an eagle scout and in ninth grade I won the weekly reader palmer award which was a national contest. I remember being called in front of the auditorium and having my teachers rant about how amazing this was, but I read four or five papers a day, read a couple books a week, and consumed magazines. I knew as a senior in high school that it was an immoral war.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:It's very clear from the above why you ran away when your country called.

My country did call while I was in high school and they gave ma a high draft number.  Why would I want to kill people who were fighting for independence from a colonial power.  Do you think any intelligent person in 1971 who would have volunteered for the military when our troops were withdrawing.  The Lady does not know scripture, history, or law, but thinks killing children In Viet Nam was serving their country.  I play poker with a viet nam native who made the boat exodus, and the idea of thinking that killing him was serving my country.....that is depravity.  I was an eagle scout and in ninth grade I won the weekly reader palmer award which was a national contest.  I remember being called in front of the auditorium and having my teachers rant about how amazing this was, but I read four or five papers a day, read a couple books a week, and consumed magazines.  I knew as a senior in high school that it was an immoral war.

Yes, Seaoat, I'm a couple of years older than you and graduated HS in 1968. That was the year my boyfriend went to boot camp...he didn't have the grades, either. He, like many, thought and was probably led to believe that enlisting would keep him out of Vietnam...that was a lie. He wasn't military material and went AWOL 3 times that I know of...gave me a ring, but I wasn't ready for marriage, so he did himself in. It was only 2 months after that I wrote that essay...for advanced placement credit. But I was not all right, though I kept working at my bank job and going to school...but by the 2nd semester I just lost interest in everything...a clear sign of depression...the one and only time my grades slipped...and my family was also falling apart...mom and dad splitting up...my sister pregnant...my brother in prison for marijuana possession...yet I brought my grades back up...worked part-time through the school year and full time every Summer. I knew a few who had returned from Vietnam...probably knew some who never did. There was no reason for that "conflict".

2seaoat

Tex, I am sorry for your loss. Your boyfriend sounded like a gentle soul who was thrown into a military society and without options he was ground up. Both you and Dreams facing challenges both worked hard to educate yourself and make positive contributions. It shows character.

If militarism is wrong for America, and we are creating this permanent war status in Ameica, How do we correct it?

I believe folks like Gator need to keep working to fix what they know. I think we need to elect officials who are much more conducive to John McCain's idea of national service as compared to the current military service. There are so many good things which came out of the CCC programs where men without options built amazing things and served the nation. When we can reverse the positive connotation associated with war and militarism, and finally use stereotypes to break stereotypes. It can be done. War is ugly, and I am tired of punks trying to make it heroic.

PkrBum

PkrBum

It's cute that the outrage was muted when obama was throwing the military around the M.E... lol.

Telstar

Telstar

General Butler should be a household name.

2seaoat

It's cute that the outrage was muted when obama was throwing the military around the M.E... lol.

Yea, his promised withdrawals......throwing the military around........geez where is even a scintilla of the truth.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum