Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Economists: A Trump win would tank the markets

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

knothead

knothead

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/donald-trump-wall-street-effect-markets-230164

NEW YORK — Wall Street is set up for a major crash if Donald Trump shocks the world on Election Day and wins the White House.
New research out on Friday suggests that financial markets strongly prefer a Hillary Clinton presidency and could react with panicked selling should Trump defy the polls and deliver a shocking upset on Nov. 8.
Story Continued Below

“Wall Street clearly prefers a Clinton win certainly from the prospective of equity prices,” said Dartmouth College’s Eric Zitzewitz, one of the authors of the new study along with the University of Michigan’s Justin Wolfers. “You saw Clinton win the first debate and her odds jumped and stocks moved right along with it. Should Trump somehow manage to win you could see major Brexit-style selling.”

2seaoat

Trump already has had a numbing impact on the economy and folks attitudes. People are sick of the base campaign and the crude Donald Trump. Idiots have taken over the asylum.

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:Trump already has had a numbing impact on the economy and folks attitudes.  People are sick of the base campaign and the crude Donald Trump.   Idiots have taken over the asylum.

Not quite yet seaoat but it does seem the republican party is doomed.

Telstar

Telstar

Economists: A Trump win would tank the markets   Daily_10

knothead

knothead

Telstar wrote:Economists: A Trump win would tank the markets   Daily_10

What a spot on headline is all I can say . . . . except to add trump is a clear and present danger.

Telstar

Telstar

knothead wrote:

What a spot on headline is all I can say . . . . except to add trump is a clear and present danger.

Trump is toxic to everything he touches.

knothead

knothead

Telstar wrote:
knothead wrote:

Sometimes I wonder if if I am actually insane because I do respect everyone's right to their pov but in this case I just cannot imagine why anyone could support The Donald . . .

Telstar

Telstar

knothead wrote:
Telstar wrote:
knothead wrote:

Sometimes I wonder if if I am actually insane because I do respect everyone's right to their pov but in this case I just cannot imagine why anyone could support The Donald . . .

There are more things in Heaven and Hell....anyway this would be a good Trump campaign song.

RealLindaL

knothead wrote:Sometimes I wonder if if I am actually insane because I do respect everyone's right to their pov but in this case I just cannot imagine why anyone could support The Donald . . .

Knot, if you're insane, so are a helluva lot of other people.  Hubby and I were just exclaiming tonight at dinner, for the umpteenth time, that, try as we may, we simply cannot FATHOM how anyone in his/her right mind could support The Trumpster.   We will never, ever, understand it, no matter how many analyses of the phenomenon are published.

The scary thing is, this in itself is the quintessential factor in the divide now ripping our nation apart:   that neither side can remotely understand the other.

It's completely disheartening -- and that's the understatement of the month.

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
knothead wrote:Sometimes I wonder if if I am actually insane because I do respect everyone's right to their pov but in this case I just cannot imagine why anyone could support The Donald . . .

Knot, if you're insane, so are a helluva lot of other people.  Hubby and I were just exclaiming tonight at dinner, for the umpteenth time, that, try as we may, we simply cannot FATHOM how anyone in his/her right mind could support The Trumpster.   We will never, ever, understand it, no matter how many analyses of the phenomenon are published.

The scary thing is, this in itself is the quintessential factor in the divide now ripping our nation apart:   that neither side can remotely understand the other.

It's completely disheartening -- and that's the understatement of the month.

Obviously both sides are flawed, but only one side is flawed BIGLY.

dumpcare

I have to say the people in my family (all up north btw) and ones I have known many years and a good percentage of people I work with are voting Trump. They have been and always will be very prejudiced. Some are very educated and some are just voting because of party line. I have been a republican most of my life up until I changed to NPA in Bush's last term. I have always voted republican except for once voted democrat. I have never voted party line, I just can't imagine someone doing this because they are one or the other.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum