Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Knothead...How are you?

+6
Vikingwoman
RealLindaL
PkrBum
knothead
2seaoat
Joanimaroni
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

151Knothead...How are you? - Page 7 Empty Re: Knothead...How are you? 12/5/2019, 11:47 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Ditto here!

152Knothead...How are you? - Page 7 Empty Re: Knothead...How are you? 12/6/2019, 5:57 pm

RealLindaL

Just sent knot a PM asking that he please check in asap, as we're worried.

153Knothead...How are you? - Page 7 Empty Re: Knothead...How are you? 12/8/2019, 2:02 pm

knothead

knothead

RealLindaL wrote:Knot, are you going to make me send you a PM to check on you?  Worried here.  
Had dinner at Pegleg's tonight and spoke of you to hubby, told him I was concerned and needed to post an inquiry, so here I am.  What's happening with you and the Mrs., please?

Linda, you are too kind!!! I apologize for neglecting our forum but being honest when I would visit it was umblaaah! LOL Since Mr. Oats passed away I think we have all been in a funk (I know I certainly have). There were only a handful of forum members willing to engage or didn't give a shit to engage, myself included. Folks (me included) began withdrawing from convos and it grew intolerable for me. I can stand my ground and remain civil/respectful but it requires energy to do these things which sadly puts me squarely in center of the I really don't give a shit crowd.

All that aside I am personally doing okay. I have lingering issues but the transition to thishas been not-so-hot but onward and upward, right? In October I brought a group of six for a week, we stayed at the Mini Goat and it was bittersweet but so so good to see our friends once again. Of course we are well . . . . . very well! PegLeg's (of course), Grand Marlin, Flounders where the bartender (a good friend) had a sexy waitress to do a routine designed to embarrass me (which it did) followed by surprise birthday cake! On Tuesday our gang attended Bands on the Beach and we all had a blast. So, I miss PB and my friends and at least some of them miss us. All said Linda I am doing just fine and I think of all yall more than you know. We etravel regularly to our spot at the LBL area and just had to have an eighty foot white oak cut because of rot around the base. Mr. Oats would have cut it himself no doubt but no thanks!

So, let me wish you a happy holiday and more importantly a healthy one!
Special hello to joani, pkr, zman (and the ghosts of Neko, Bob, Mr. Oats) RIP, and the others that I can't remember!

154Knothead...How are you? - Page 7 Empty Re: Knothead...How are you? 12/8/2019, 4:21 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

Thanks Knot... a special hi back. I'm glad you're continuing to recover. Even though it may not seem it... if you aren't going backwards you're still making progress in these things. The increments are just too small to notice day to day. Thank for the update... best wishes..!!

155Knothead...How are you? - Page 7 Empty Re: Knothead...How are you? 12/9/2019, 12:31 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

So glad to hear from you and know you are doing well! Have a blessed Holiday Season! My best to you and your wife!

156Knothead...How are you? - Page 7 Empty Re: Knothead...How are you? 12/9/2019, 1:37 am

RealLindaL

Whew, knot, what a relief to know you're OK, and thanks so much for your interesting and upbeat post! It's also very cool to know you were here among us in October, even if I didn't get to meet you and Mrs. knot. Especially loved the little Flounders story!
Pardon my ignorance, but what's the "LBL area"?? Is this something I'm supposed to know?
As for your being in the 'don't give a shit crowd,' I totally get it and can't blame you if you stay right there, but aside from politics, an occasional greeting from you on the General Discussion forum would be much appreciated - IF you want to. If not, that's OK, too, but I'll probably get worried again. lol (My problem, not yours.)
Happy and healthy holidays to you and yours as well, and here's wishing you all the very best in the New Year if we don't 'see' you before then. __LL

157Knothead...How are you? - Page 7 Empty Re: Knothead...How are you? 12/10/2019, 3:00 pm

knothead

knothead

RealLindaL wrote:Whew, knot, what a relief to know you're OK, and thanks so much for your interesting and upbeat post!  It's also very cool to know you were here among us in October, even if I didn't get to meet you and Mrs. knot.   Especially loved the little Flounders story!
Pardon my ignorance, but what's the "LBL area"??  Is this something I'm supposed to know?
As for your being in the 'don't give a shit crowd,' I totally get it and can't blame you if you stay right there, but aside from politics, an occasional greeting from you on the General Discussion forum would be much appreciated - IF you want to.  If not, that's OK, too, but I'll probably get worried again.  lol  (My problem, not yours.)
Happy and healthy holidays to you and yours as well, and here's wishing you all the very best in the New Year if we don't 'see' you before then.   __LL

what's the "LBL area"?

So sorry about that Linda, my bad! LBL is Land Between the Lakes which ia recreational area situated between the Cumberland River and the Tennessee River. The land mass in between these rivers is Land Between the Lakes! All of it is devoted to recreation and wildlife management with tons of camping areas. It has multiple boat launches along the entirety of approximately 60 miles with hiking and nature trails. No private homes allowed, I love it because I have always loved nature and all its gifts.

158Knothead...How are you? - Page 7 Empty Re: Knothead...How are you? 12/11/2019, 12:46 am

RealLindaL

knothead wrote:
what's the "LBL area"?

So sorry about that Linda, my bad! LBL is Land Between the Lakes which ia recreational area situated between the Cumberland River and the Tennessee River.  The land mass in between these rivers is Land Between the Lakes! All of it is devoted to recreation and wildlife management with tons of camping areas.  It has multiple boat launches along the entirety of approximately 60 miles with hiking and nature trails. No private homes allowed,  I love it because I have always loved nature and all its gifts.  

No apology necessary, knot. LBL sounds really beautiful and I'm delighted to know you're still enjoying it!

159Knothead...How are you? - Page 7 Empty KNOT, STILL DOING OK I HOPE? 2/22/2020, 2:21 am

RealLindaL

Been a while since we've been graced by your kind presence, Knot, so thought I'd throw out this plug and see if you take the bait by posting as to your current progress. Will look forward to a note if and when you're so inclined.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum