Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who do you support for 2020

+9
PkrBum
Wordslinger
gatorfan
Floridatexan
zsomething
polecat
Deus X
2seaoat
ConservaLady
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Who do you support for 2020 Empty Who do you support for 2020 7/26/2018, 6:55 pm

ConservaLady

ConservaLady

It's pretty obvious to me Trump will be reelected. But just for the sake of argument who are all you libbies suporting for 2020? Who do you think can beat Trump?

2Who do you support for 2020 Empty Re: Who do you support for 2020 7/26/2018, 8:00 pm

2seaoat

3Who do you support for 2020 Empty Re: Who do you support for 2020 7/26/2018, 8:12 pm

2seaoat

I will support any Traditional main street Republican who wants to flush the Dixiecrats out of the Grand Old Party. I would be looking for a Republican governor who has experience and follows the traditional tenets of the Republican Party which sought equality for all Americans. I like Charles Baker Republican governor of Ma. He is a fiscal conservative and more liberal on social issues. Harvard educated, and better yet an MBA from Northwestern. He has been elected Governor in a very democratic state. I want Trump defeated before the general election by honest Republicans and let the hateful dixiecrats rot in hell and go form their own party rather than attempting to hijack the Grand Old Party. This guy gets no press because he is qualified and has a great deal of knowledge on health care which is going to be the next big battle in America as we deal with medicare and social security shortfalls. We need intelligent people who have a proven record of getting along. Living in Illinois as a Republican, I will not vote for a Democrat unless Trump is the candidate.....and then with a great deal of caution.

4Who do you support for 2020 Empty Re: Who do you support for 2020 7/26/2018, 8:37 pm

ConservaLady

ConservaLady

2seaoat wrote:I will support any Traditional main street Republican ...

I cannot imagine any Republican who could even come close to beating President Trump out of the nomination.

So you'll be voting for Elizabeth Warren then?

5Who do you support for 2020 Empty Re: Who do you support for 2020 7/26/2018, 9:22 pm

2seaoat

Trump will be beaten in the primary. Game of thrones lovers stay tuned. Those non committal Republicans are going to all jump when they know the Donald is going down.....and in light of the latest lie about not knowing about the Russian meeting with his son......and the Accountant in front of a grand jury being asked any question......Dear god, get Rudy out of there.....he is like a deer in the headlights......his boy is going to the big house. The Dixiecrats will cry, but a real Republican will be elected this time. Who cares who the Democrats nominate, it will be the Republican nominee without baggage and a good economy who will win.

6Who do you support for 2020 Empty Re: Who do you support for 2020 7/26/2018, 9:58 pm

Deus X

Deus X

ConservaLady wrote:It's pretty obvious to me Trump will be reelected.

MANY MUCH OUT LOUD LAUGHINGS!

Democrats will win the House in about a hundred days and then Trump will wish he'd never run for office. There's not a chance he'll be on the ballot in 2020.

7Who do you support for 2020 Empty Re: Who do you support for 2020 7/26/2018, 10:11 pm

2seaoat

Agree......he will never finish his term in light of the growing snowball which is gaining speed and there is nowhere for these pack of liars to hide.......I think a fiscal conservative governor with a liberal social policy will be the next President. Most Democrats Post Trump will not accept Pence because he has been an active conspirator in the cover up, and it will be interesting to see how many meetings he was present. He is as damaged as Gerald Ford and has NO chance of election in America. You will still have Cruz and Paul doing their Beavis and Butthead routine attacking any experienced governor as being too liberal, but this constant strident extreme politics has come to an end, and idiots like Cruz and Paul will be at the bottom of the trash heap of strident yipping poodles trying to be big dogs. I want an IVY league person who is middle of the road. Intelligence is the bottom line, and the dixiecrats with their 30% are not going to be able to get blue collar white workers without the Trump illusion that he is helping them, when the tax cuts will be clear by 2020 who robbed the American people.

8Who do you support for 2020 Empty Re: Who do you support for 2020 7/27/2018, 9:00 am

ConservaLady

ConservaLady

So that's the Democrat strategy for 2020? Impeach President Trump? Really? That's it?

And if that doesn't happen (which it won't) what candidate do the Democrats have who can beat President Trump in 2020? They've got nobody. Nobody!

I haven't heard any of you all put even one name out there? Who? Ancient Joe Biden? Lefty Kamala Harris? Fast and Furious Eric Holder? Oprah Winfrey? (lol!) President Trump would whip any of those handily.

9Who do you support for 2020 Empty Re: Who do you support for 2020 7/27/2018, 10:02 am

polecat

polecat

People and things I will vote for other than Putin's Apprentice

Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren

New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker

New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand

Montana Gov. Steve Bullock

California Sen. Kamala D. Harris

A box of Moonpies

Ray Wylie Hubbard

Ronnie Van Zants dried up carcass

Stevie Ray Vaughans Fender Starcaster

The Question Has thump ever gotten sex for free?

all for now

10Who do you support for 2020 Empty Re: Who do you support for 2020 7/27/2018, 12:03 pm

zsomething

ConservaLady wrote:So that's the Democrat strategy for 2020?   Impeach President Trump?   Really?  That's it?

And if that doesn't happen (which it won't) what candidate do the Democrats have who can beat President Trump in 2020?   They've got nobody.  Nobody!  

I haven't heard any of you all put even one name out there?   Who?  Ancient Joe Biden?   Lefty Kamala Harris?   Fast and Furious Eric Holder?  Oprah Winfrey? (lol!)   President Trump would whip any of those handily.  

I don't think anybody's bothering to play along, because they don't want to encourage you when you're obviously just here to taunt.  Other than just kicking you around because you make a fun chew-toy, I don't value your regurgitated-Hannity opinion about anything so, why bother looking for your input on anything serious?   I've got herds of Baptards around me in this state if I ever want to hear the ill-informed-delusional-bovine-minded smug-dullard perspective (which I never do), and the character you're doing is no novelty.  

And in any case, it's too early to be sure who's running.  Nobody's seriously interested in Oprah running (turns out electing TV personalities with no experience is a really bad idea and the Dems will let you fools be the ones who own that kind of mistake).   I hang around a lot of Dems and don't know any who are big fans of Eric Holder... even though Fast & Furious is a "scandal" only to morons don't understand the basics of how federal law enforcement ops work.  And Joe Biden's good, but, yeah, he's too old.   So's Trump, for that matter (seeeeeeee-nile!).  

I think you underestimate Kamala Harris, though.  She's got some mighty-mighty legal chops and she would humiliate Trump in a debate.  You ever watched her work?  It's like watching a lioness bring down an gazelle.  I know she'd stir your side up to vote against her (she's black, female, and intelligent, and ya'll hate all three), but it'd be worth the risk to watch her go through your hapless man-child like a woodchipper when they debate.   Not sure she'll run, though.  I'm betting someone will emerge that hasn't been figured on yet.

Pretty much anybody the Dems run will have a good chance, because other than among the white-supremacy and theocrat sect, your candidate is despised.    And so is his base, due to representative examples like YOU who are wearing out your welcome and branding your party as a pack of delusional smug jerks  (which is one reason I do engage you -- the more you talk, the more detestable your side becomes! Smile ).   Herpes is more popular.   So far Trump's been enjoying taking credit for the great economic trends Obama left him, and that's been his life-support system, but his toddler-like knowledge of how economics actually works is screwing those up just as quickly as he can with corporate welfare and job-killing tariffs, so he's unlikely to even have that to save him in two years.  He'll have nothing but an asshole personality, a very-limited and predictable schtick that even his fanbase is starting to grow weary of, and scandals that'll likely make him ineligible, anyway.   He won't be able to pander his way out of the cesspit he's dug himself.

But, I'd rather not just win because your candidate is such a woeful piece of shit.  I think the Dems will come up with someone people will want to vote for for their own merits;  from what I'm seeing with my "inside baseball" connections, they're not counting on just not-being-Trump to be the reason.  Although lord knows to anyone with sense, that'd be plenty.

11Who do you support for 2020 Empty Re: Who do you support for 2020 7/27/2018, 12:50 pm

ConservaLady

ConservaLady

Seems the only name I'm consistently hearing is Kamala Harris.

She wants gun control, amnesty for illegal aliens, abortion on demand, anti-business, socialized health care, anti-death penalty, soft on crime, etc.   And she wants to put parents in jail for the bad acts of their children.

All of that might play well on the left coast but she can't win the heartland.  I don't think a lot of the Bernie people are particularly thrilled with her either.  She's Hillary Clinton warmed over.  

And so far as her being a black female I don't think that's going to help or hurt her.  By the way, is she 'black?"  I hadn't noticed that having only seen some pictures of her.   I always assumed she maybe had some Middle Eastern or Latin heritage or something?

(Oh, just looked it up.  So her mother is from India and her father is Jamaican-American.  Well, I guess that must qualify as "black" or "African-American" under the liberal Democrat's one-drop rule?   A candidate's race seems to be veeeeerrry important to liberals.)

If I were you all I'd be looking for someone else.  Myabe a moderate Democrat governor with a good record. Kamala Harris is a sure loser to President Trump.   "Bring her on!" I bet he'd say.

12Who do you support for 2020 Empty Re: Who do you support for 2020 7/27/2018, 1:21 pm

zsomething

ConservaLady wrote:Seems the only name I'm consistently hearing is Kamala Harris.

And I'm not even saying her, necessarily, but, yeah, she'd be good.  

She wants gun control, amnesty for illegal aliens, abortion on demand, anti-business, socialized health care, anti-death penalty, soft on crime, etc.   And she wants to put parents in jail for the bad acts of their children.

Oh, now, quit trying to make me fall in love with her.  Very Happy    (I don't actually support all those things, but then, neither does she.  You guys just build monsters in your heads and fight them rather than the real person, don'tcha?  Easier that way).

All of that might play well on the left coast but she can't win the heartland.

I'm in Mississippi and she'd have my vote!  And a lot of other people I know.  You folks sure are selective about who you're willing to count as "heartlanders."  Or Americans in general.

I don't think a lot of the Bernie people are particularly thrilled with her either.  She's Hillary Clinton warmed over.  

Not a Bernie fan, so that's not a major concern.  Most of the Bernie folks did end up voting for Hillary... and I think the few fools who didn't learned a good hard lesson that they won't repeat.  

And so far as her being a black female I don't think that's going to help or hurt her.

Really?  Have you met Trump's base?

Who do you support for 2020 523

Call me crazy, but I think they're gonna care.

By the way, is she 'black?"  I hadn't noticed that having only seen some pictures of her.   I always assumed she maybe had some Middle Eastern or Latin heritage or something?

(Oh, just looked it up.  So her mother is from India and her father is Jamaican-American.  Well, I guess that must qualify as "black" or "African-American" under the liberal Democrat's one-drop rule?

Okay, "person of color," then.  It's going to be all the same to the "Make America White Again" crowd.  

A candidate's race seems to be veeeeerrry important to liberals.)

Not really.  We've elected white folks, we've elected black folks.

While your side, well...

Who do you support for 2020 523

I'd say a candidate's race is even moooorrrrre important to conservatives.   And I say that as somebody who had to inform a conservative co-worker last week that she shouldn't say the n-word or call Asian people "chinks," especially at work.

If I were you all I'd be looking for someone else.

But you aren't me, so there's still hope for the world.

By the way, if I ever do need advice... you'll be the last person I'll be asking.  Not a single thing you do seems to be working for you at all.  

Myabe a moderate Democrat governor with a good record.   Kamala Harris is a sure loser to President Trump.   "Bring her on!" I bet he'd say.

It's cute when you make a puppet out of Trump and make him talk like that.   Just like Vladimir Putin!  Smile

Now... proceed.  Twisted Evil

13Who do you support for 2020 Empty Re: Who do you support for 2020 7/27/2018, 2:14 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Who do you support for 2020 L3jov8wuphxy

14Who do you support for 2020 Empty Re: Who do you support for 2020 7/27/2018, 3:43 pm

gatorfan

What amazes me most is that the Trumpet is still in office, I figured he would have quit by now or been impeached but he's pretty slippery. Apparently he learned some lessons from Slick Willy.

15Who do you support for 2020 Empty Re: Who do you support for 2020 7/27/2018, 3:59 pm

polecat

polecat

Who do you support for 2020 Pay2bw10

16Who do you support for 2020 Empty Re: Who do you support for 2020 7/27/2018, 6:36 pm

ConservaLady

ConservaLady

It's understandable liberals don't want to talk about their prospective 2020 candidates.  Because they've got nothing !!!

Instead you all just revert to Trump bashing.   I have news for you.  Trump bashing won't win Democrats the election.

Wait till the economy just gets better and better, and President Trump gets us better trade deals, brings peace to a lot of trouble spots around the world, and solves our border crisis once and for all. Wait till middle class Americans start seeing a few thousand more in their tax refunds.  Then tell me how a Democrat is going to get their votes?  

It's a work in progress, but the results or Trump's Presidency thus far have been nothing short of amazing.   Have any of you seen today's economic numbers?  4.1% GDP!  All the liberal economists are just confounded.

Newt Gingrich: Trump’s GDP achieves Mission Impossible (and shocks his critics)

Early in his presidency, when Donald Trump said U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) would exceed 3 percent growth, the supposed experts in the mainstream media claimed such growth would most likely be impossible.

In fact, the experts claimed unemployment would have to reach zero percent and immigration would have to double to meet such a high growth rate (despite the fact that 3.22 percent has been the average GDP growth rate over the last 71 years).

Well, according to the U.S. Department of Commerce on Friday, “real gross domestic product increased at an annual rate of 4.1 percent in the second quarter of 2018.”

It seems President Trump has once again achieved the impossible.

As it turns out, despite refrains from the elites in the media and establishment, the self-made billionaire who now leads our country knows quite a bit about creating a healthy economy.

As I explained Friday during a Facebook Live talk, the president’s massive deregulation effort, his success in cutting taxes on individuals and businesses, and his plan to renegotiate our international trade agreements have started to pay dividends.

Since his first days in office, President Trump has been dogged about cutting red tape and making it easier for American business owners (small and large) to work, hire people, and ply their trades – without having to devote time, money and attention to government regulators at every turn.

The historic Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, which was a tremendous accomplishment by the White House and the Republican-led Congress, has helped to encourage investments in the United States. The tax cuts have allowed American families to keep more of their money and incentivized American businesses to bring money they earn overseas back to our country.

This is a big part of why the United States is becoming twice as productive under President Trump as it was under President Obama.

Finally, despite an outcry from virtually every corner of the academic-political-media elite, President Trump’s tough positions on trade and his willingness to push through criticism to achieve results has started to pay off.

For months, the elites have howled as the President has dared to insist that all U.S. trade agreements should be fair and reciprocal (even when they are with our traditional allies).

It was anathema for the elites when President Trump called out European countries for taking advantage of the United States’ decades-long generosity. They warned his strong stances would cause economic turmoil.

Now the European Union is working with President Trump to try to reach a trade agreement that would eliminate tariffs.

Clearly, President Trump’s toughness is paying off and his economic agenda is working. We are creating jobs, the economy is growing, unemployment is at a record low, and the world is starting to accept that it can no longer take advantage of the United States.

However, Republicans can’t get too comfortable. The strong economy alone will not secure victory in the midterm elections. Democrats will bend over backwards to focus on anything but Republican achievements – and the so-called experts will be more than happy to avoid talking about how wrong they have been.

So, talking about the record-low unemployment rate (including the record-low rates for African- Americans and Latinos), the tremendous GDP growth, and the tax cuts should become reflexive for all Republican candidates.

The central question for voters regarding the November elections should be simple: “Do you want Americans to continue to be more prosperous, more able to invest in their businesses and families, and have more control over their futures – or do you want to elect Democrats?”

Newt Gingrich is a Fox News contributor. A Republican, he was speaker of the United States House of Representatives from 1995 to 1999. Follow him on Twitter @NewtGingrich. His latest book is "Trump’s America: The Truth About Our Nation’s Great Comeback.”

Four more years!!! Four more years !!! Four more years !!!

17Who do you support for 2020 Empty Re: Who do you support for 2020 7/28/2018, 1:09 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

FORTY YEARS! FORTY YEARS! FORTY YEARS!

Who do you support for 2020 SadDelightfulGopher-size_restricted

18Who do you support for 2020 Empty Re: Who do you support for 2020 7/28/2018, 1:15 pm

ConservaLady

ConservaLady

Floridatexan wrote:
FORTY YEARS!  FORTY YEARS!  FORTY YEARS!

Dream on!

So who are you pulling for?   That ditzy kid Ocaso-Cortez?

Face it.  You Demos have nobody that can beat Trump in 2020.

19Who do you support for 2020 Empty Re: Who do you support for 2020 7/28/2018, 1:41 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

ConservaLady wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
FORTY YEARS!  FORTY YEARS!  FORTY YEARS!

Dream on!

So who are you pulling for?   That ditzy kid Ocaso-Cortez?

Face it.  You Demos have nobody that can beat Trump in 2020.

Who do you support for 2020 94da79a89acb4d5437c0215816682ca5--the-fool-kool-aid

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

How 'bout it, Cuntservative Lady ... You know Jesus would never go along with ripping a child from its parents for political purposes. And Jesus would never give big tax breaks to the ultra rich and help them screw the poor more. And dear Jesus sure as hell wouldn't stand for adultery. Of course, I admit I wouldn't give two cents to an evangelist or his or her church, but I don't pretend about my position on such hoopla.

But, back to the main subject: Just how do you rationalize a belief in Jesus and Christianity, with adoring Herr Twitler? We're all ears ...

21Who do you support for 2020 Empty Re: Who do you support for 2020 7/29/2018, 7:45 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

A leftist atheist dispensing moral indignation... lol. Just apply your own standards: ends justify means.

22Who do you support for 2020 Empty Re: Who do you support for 2020 7/29/2018, 1:29 pm

polecat

polecat

I would be willing to “shut down” government if the Democrats do not give us the votes for Border Security, which includes the Wall! Must get rid of Lottery, Catch & Release etc. and finally go to system of Immigration based on MERIT! We need great people coming into our Country!
apostille Donald Johnald thump

No, you wouldn't. The Wall is deader than that lemur pelt you glue to your head.
Rick Wilson

Wow, highest Poll Numbers in the history of the Republican Party. That includes Honest Abe Lincoln and Ronald Reagan. There must be something wrong, please recheck that poll!
apostille Donald Johnald thump

this idiot thinks there were polls during Lincoln’s presidency

23Who do you support for 2020 Empty Re: Who do you support for 2020 7/29/2018, 1:49 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

Against border security is for human trafficking and foriegn criminal cartels. Get a clue.

24Who do you support for 2020 Empty Re: Who do you support for 2020 7/29/2018, 6:58 pm

2seaoat

Almost any candidate the Democrats choose will beat Trump in 2020. Even Bernie would win. The problem is that until there is an appeal to white blue collar workers which is appealing, all races will be close.

I believe that Governor Hickenlooper of Colorado is going to be on the Democratic Ticket. He is done as governor because of term limits, and after being the mayor of Denver and Governor, he has a solid resume of fiscal sanity and results. Rumors are Kasich wants to run as an independent with Hickenlooper as VP. I think the democratic party will embrace him......however, trump will be beat, but as it stands now.......not an easy task.

25Who do you support for 2020 Empty Re: Who do you support for 2020 7/29/2018, 8:35 pm

ConservaLady

ConservaLady

2seaoat wrote:Almost any candidate the Democrats choose will beat Trump in 2020.  Even Bernie would win.  The problem is that until there is an appeal to white blue collar workers which is appealing, all races will be close.

I believe that  Governor Hickenlooper of Colorado is going to be on the Democratic Ticket.  He is done as governor because of term limits, and after being the mayor of Denver and Governor, he has a solid resume of fiscal sanity and results.   Rumors are Kasich wants to run as an independent with Hickenlooper as VP.  I think the democratic party will embrace him......however, trump will be beat, but as it stands now.......not an easy task.

Even though he's a RINO Kasich isn't liberal enough for the Democrat Party. Neither is Hickenlooper. Plus, they are both white males so that's a strike against them as far as left coast Democrats would be concerned in any primary contest.. They would never get the nomination. And even if they did, President Trump would make mincemeat of them in the campaign and debates.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum