Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Carter Page: "Agent of a Foreign Power"!

+4
PkrBum
ConservaLady
2seaoat
Deus X
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Deus X

Deus X

Justice Department Releases Carter Page FISA Documents: ‘Agent of a Foreign Power’

The Justice Department on Saturday released documents on the FISA warrant obtained to wiretap Carter Page, a former Trump campaign adviser.

As the New York Times reported, the documents released include an October 2016 application to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court for the Page wiretap, as well as a number of renewal applications. The Times and other outlets obtained the documents thanks to FOIA lawsuits.

The docs are heavily redacted, but a key passage revealed the FBI believed Page had been “collaborating and conspiring with the Russian government.”

The application accused Page of being “an agent of a foreign power.”

The FISA application to surveil Page has been a point of contention for lawmakers in Congress. Republicans have repeatedly claimed the warrant constituted FISA abuse, while Democrats have rejected those allegations.

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/justice-department-releases-carter-page-fisa-documents-agent-of-a-foreign-power/

There's a link to the actual documents in the article, if you want to read them for yourself. The Sunday news shows should be interesting.

2seaoat

George will is now questioning what the Russians have on Trump. Still has followers.......that I will never understand. A Christian throws away all moral codes and embraces this man because he is newly found strong supporter of the second amendment and abortion......flip flop, yet this immoral man has close to 80% support by Southern Baptists.........Religion and morality have both been greatly damaged by the hypocrites which Matthew warns us about. The man is evil.

ConservaLady

ConservaLady

This is all just so much hogwash.

Carter Page is an oil and gas industry consultant.   But of course he had dealings with foreign companies and governments in that capacity.  He's never tried to hide that.  Why would he?  Why should he?

Carter Page FISA Application Exposes Flimsy Underpinnings Of FBI "Witch Hunt"

The Saturday release of the FBI's heavily redacted FISA warrant application for Carter Page reveals that the Obama administration, eager to make a case to spy on a US citizen (and arguably the Trump campaign) cobbled together a combination of facts and innuendo from Page's business dealings in Russia, several press reports of varying reliability, and of course, the infamous Clinton-funded "Steele Dossier," which the FBI went to great lengths to justify despite being largely unable to verify its claims.

Perhaps the most concerning takeaway, however, is the stark disconnect between the FBI's multiple allegations against Page versus the fact that he hasn't been charged with a single crime after nearly two years of DOJ/FBI investigations.

Once issued, the FISA warrant and its subsequent renewals allowed the Obama administration to better spy on the Trump campaign using a wide investigatory net. As such, the October, 2016 application painted Page in the most criminal light possible, as intended, in order to convince the FISA judge to grant the warrant. It flat out accuses Page of being a Russian spy who was recruited by the Kremlin, which sought to "undermine and influence the outcome of the 2016 U.S. presidential election in violation of U.S. criminal law," the application reads.

In order to reinforce their argument, the FBI presented various claims from the dossier as facts, such as "The FBI learned that Page met with at least two Russian officials" - when in fact that was simply another unverified claim from the dossier.

Another approach used to beef up the FISA application's curb appeal was circular evidence, via the inclusion of a letter from Democratic Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (NV) to former FBI Director James Comey, citing information Reid got from John Brennan, which was in turn from the Clinton-funded dossier.

In fact, aside from the Clinton-funded Steele dossier ("Source #1"), the FISA application cited no other evidentiary sources.

The application also reveals that FBI agent Peter Strzok lied when he said he had nothing to do with the FISA application, when in fact the disgraced FBI agent used Carter Page's September 2016 letter to Comey defending himself against a Yahoo! News article written by Michael Isikoff (who used information obtained directly from Steele) as a pretext to open the investigation on Page.

Meanwhile, the FBI tried to downplay Steele feeding Isikoff information for his article, falsely claiming in the FISA application that Steele did not "directly provide" information to the reporter, when in fact he did.

“Obviously the information that I got from Christopher Steele was information the FBI already had,” Isikoff said in a February podcast.

The FBI also went to extreme lengths to convince the FISA judge that Steele ("Source #1"), was reliable when they could not verify the unsubstantiated claims in his dossier - while also having to explain why they still trusted his information after having terminated Steele's contract over inappropriate disclosures he made to the media.

"Not withstanding Source1's reason for conducting the research into Candidate1's ties to Russia, based on Source1's previous reporting history with the FBI, whereby Source1 provided reliable information to the FBI, the FBI believes Source 1s reporting herein to be credible"

The warrant application also confirms a February report that the FBI received a copy of the dossier from the Obama State Department, after Steele provided it to senior DoS official Jonathan Winer. Winer was also approached by Clinton confidant Sydney Blumenthal with a separate anti-Trump dossier written by longtime Clinton pal Cody Shearer.

So two separate Clinton-originated dossiers went from Steele and Blumenthal to the State Department, which then gave it to the FBI. Of course, the agency also had a copy it received in early August, 2016 directly from Steele himself, and we also now know that there were multiple versions of the document which went through various conduits before reaching the FBI.

Curiously, the FBI spotlighted the dossier provided by the State Department, ostensibly to enhance its credibility.

The FBI's use of flimsy and uncorroborated evidence to support spying on Page, combined with the fact that a 3-month extension was granted despite the fact that it was obvious by June, 2017 he wasn't a Russian agent, will most certainly embolden those, like President Trump, who have called the entire Russia investigation a "witch hunt."

Finally, on Sunday morning, president Trump responded with a series of tweets, including both his own thoughts, and quotes of others, stating that it is "looking more & more like the Trump Campaign for President was illegally being spied upon (surveillance) for the political gain of Crooked Hillary Clinton and the DNC. Ask her how that worked out - she did better with Crazy Bernie. Republicans must get tough now. An illegal Scam!"

PkrBum

PkrBum

Exhibit #1) Steele dossier w yahoo article fed by steele as corroboration. It's dirty.

It's abuse of the secret fisa court. Which by the way was created to investigate foriegn agents.

I think that the only way to press this point to dems is to use it against trump's opponent in '20 election.

Sounds fair?

ConservaLady

ConservaLady

PkrBum wrote:Exhibit #1) Steele dossier w yahoo article fed by steele as corroboration. It's dirty.

It's abuse of the secret fisa court. Which by the way was created to investigate foriegn agents.

I think that the only way to press this point to dems is to use it against trump's opponent in '20 election.

Sounds fair?

I would not be surprised to see the Democrats run an illegal alien in 2020!

Vikingwoman

PkrBum wrote:Exhibit #1) Steele dossier w yahoo article fed by steele as corroboration. It's dirty.

Sounds fair?

Most of the dossier was proven to be true.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Bs... link? A real link... not a flatex link like salon, mediamatters, kos... etc.

Last edited by PkrBum on 7/23/2018, 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Deus X

Deus X

2seaoat wrote:George will is now questioning what the Russians have on Trump.  Still has followers.......that I will never understand.  A Christian throws away all moral codes and embraces this man because he is newly found strong supporter of the second amendment and abortion......flip flop, yet this immoral man has close to 80% support by Southern Baptists.........Religion and morality have both been greatly damaged by the hypocrites which Matthew warns us about.  The man is evil.

You equate religion with morality. Are you really that ignorant of history or is it only "Christianity" that you consider the font of all morality?

Religion has NOTHING to do with morality and EVERYTHING to do with social conformity.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Deus X wrote:
2seaoat wrote:George will is now questioning what the Russians have on Trump.  Still has followers.......that I will never understand.  A Christian throws away all moral codes and embraces this man because he is newly found strong supporter of the second amendment and abortion......flip flop, yet this immoral man has close to 80% support by Southern Baptists.........Religion and morality have both been greatly damaged by the hypocrites which Matthew warns us about.  The man is evil.

You equate religion with morality. Are you really that ignorant of history or is it only "Christianity" that you consider the font of all morality?

Religion has NOTHING to do with morality and EVERYTHING to do with social conformity.

As you are conflating religion with spirituality.

ConservaLady

ConservaLady

"Perhaps the most concerning takeaway, however, is the stark disconnect between the FBI's multiple allegations against Page versus the fact that he hasn't been charged with a single crime after nearly two years of DOJ/FBI investigations."

Deus X

Deus X

ConservaLady wrote:"Perhaps the most concerning takeaway, however, is the stark disconnect between the FBI's multiple allegations against Page versus the fact that he hasn't been charged with a single crime after nearly two years of DOJ/FBI investigations."

Zero Hedge horseshit. Got any opinions of your own?

2seaoat

We will not be fooled again....

ConservaLady

ConservaLady

Deus X wrote:
ConservaLady wrote:"Perhaps the most concerning takeaway, however, is the stark disconnect between the FBI's multiple allegations against Page versus the fact that he hasn't been charged with a single crime after nearly two years of DOJ/FBI investigations."

Zero Hedge horseshit. Got any opinions of your own?

Oh?   Has Carter Page been charged with anything?  Anything at all?   He's been under FBI investigation for even longer than the two years cited in the article.  It actually started around 2013 I think.

So the statement is true.  After all of this investigation he hasn't been charged with one single thing.  

He's an oil and gas guy. With specific expertise in the Russian an European markets.  He obtained his PhD in Russia, in fact.  But of course he's going to rub shoulders with some people connected to the Russian government and oligarchs.  It's unavoidable in that business.  That doesn't make him a spy.

This is all much ado about nothing.  I hope Trump gives Page a well compensated position in the administration when he's finally cleared to make up  for the way he's been unfairly persecuted. Maybe Secretary of Energy would be a good position for him? He would make a great one I bet.

polecat

polecat

ConservaLady wrote:

Sounds fair?

I hope they run another black guy. Razz

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

polecat wrote:
ConservaLady wrote:

Sounds fair?

I hope they run another black guy. Razz

Why?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum