Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Great Pricing on video security systems

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

We have had some issues on the project we are working. We had a screen cut on our porch and some silly string sprayed all over the siding of the park model. No big deal and probably kids because nothing was stolen.

I have multiple security systems and five years ago an 8 camera system with only 720 resolution was seven hundred dollars. Today we just ordered an 8 camera 1020 resolution, 2tb hard drive and four extra 100 feet extender lines and connectors with 100ft night vision compared to 60ft on the earlier systems. We spent $280 with 2 day shipping to Navarre. This was about forty percent less expensive than on the shelf systems at Walmart and Best Buy. I completely understand how brick and mortar retail is going to hell.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Good deal.

2seaoat

Everything is here from Amazon. I will begin installing cameras all day thursday and will test the internet viewing of those cameras. We had six of our diesel and gas containers stolen this past weekend. We got the lawn mower out and looked and all our five gallon containers had been stolen since last friday when we used one of them to start a fire. This sucks. Hopefully we can nail them with the video. We will be here for another three weeks, but at least they did not steal the kayaks which were right next to the gas containers.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:Everything is here from Amazon.  I will begin installing cameras all day thursday and will test the internet viewing of those cameras.  We had six of our diesel and gas containers stolen this past weekend.  We got the lawn mower out and looked and all our five gallon containers had been stolen since last friday when we used one of them to start a fire.  This sucks.  Hopefully we can nail them with the video.  We will be here for another three weeks, but at least they did not steal the kayaks which were right next to the gas containers.

What kind of neighborhood is this in, for heaven's sake?? You have more trouble....

2seaoat

It is literally out in the woods, and folks have figured out that we return to illinois and they have free run of the property, but we are down here now and the fuel containers going missing over the weekend is unacceptable. The video security system will not catch a criminal, but we will know when somebody is on the property. My wife belongs to a breakfast club of girls she went to high school. One of the ladies lost her husband and decided to move to KY to be with her daughter. Well she put up game cameras and sure enough she caught someone on her property and turned over to the sheriff, and the sheriff knew the person......he lived two residences away from her and had been walking his dog. She was embarrassed she did not know her neighbor, and that is the best protection.....concerned neighbors, but we are out in the woods with bayou, canals, ponds, and plenty of places by boat or foot that somebody can just visit the property. In regard to my luck....well I was quoted a $250 bill to replace a regulator on the water heater and put a new thermostat in.......$584 bill as he pulled the furnace to replace a bearing, and now the water heater does not work, the AC does not work, and the furnace does not heat......his response.....you need to get a new regulator for the propane tank.......people say I am harsh on the mechanical providers in the panhandle, but I have NEVER been anywhere in America where folks are so dishonest. I did not even get angry because on the day he decided to pull the rv furnace I was at Navarre in bed not feeling well, and as I told my wife two ceramic heaters and turning on the fan for the ac and furnace would be cheaper than trying to heat with the clunker.....this was a brand new furnace which had not been used in ten years. I can say the honesty of the tire place in Milton is remarkable and has been an Oasis in a desert of flim flam.

2seaoat

It gets better. Halls did not carry an rv propane regulator, and we had simply purchased a standard propane tank with a regulator for a grill. So she calls the Rv repair company, and lo and behold they carry the regulator and hose, and three hundred dollars of the repairs were totally bogus, but they either are dishonest people, or completely ignorant on how to fix a propane furnace and water heater. We will now install the regulator ourselves after spending another seventy five dollars, and you can bet we will not be getting a refund.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:It gets better.  Halls did not carry an rv propane regulator, and we had simply purchased a standard propane tank with a regulator for a grill.  So she calls the Rv repair company, and lo and behold they carry the regulator and hose, and three hundred dollars of the repairs were totally bogus, but they either are dishonest people, or completely ignorant on how to fix a propane furnace and water heater.  We will now install the regulator ourselves after spending another seventy five dollars, and you can bet we will not be getting a refund.

Glad you are getting it done... the Seaoat way!

2seaoat

We were quoted 2800 for some mechanical work, and now it is 5,800, and they are the best. I finally understand the blight and poverty. A few people have a monopoly and there are tons of people who simply are not qualified. I told the wife I am done. I will not even make it to the end of the month. I have done multi million dollar projects where my partners would simply not pay a subcontractor who did some of the things I have seen over the last ten years. I told the story of my wife calling down to tell the property manager we were going to rent a lawnmower to cut three of our properties lawns, and then she calls a sub who charges us 200 bucks to cut less than a half acre, and my wife was in the house painting when she went out and said why are you cutting the lawn, the answer.....your agent told us to cut it.......we alleged kickbacks when we made a formal complaint after being billed for work that we actually completed. Sent it to Tally and after a year, the agency let the property manager go......she was making more on these shady practices than her salary. No fiduciary duty, and no honorable people, yet as soon as we have given up on people you find somebody like the tire place in Milton who just blow you away with the quality of their work and their honesty. The parking lot has twenty people lined up at seven am to get work done in the order of the line. A big thumbs up to the honest folks.....they will get their reward, but the other folks should simply try the honest way....long term they will be far ahead of the game.

2seaoat

We have been pretty happy with the clarity of the security cameras and their range in the dark. We will finish the eight camera install Sat. and hopefully get the internet remote viewing sometime next week. We had a pick up truck come onto the property when I was gone and no car was there.....but my wife was inside and confronted them......real shady characters as they said they were looking for a town which is thirty miles away. They left, but we need to isolate visitors where there are six no trespassing signs up. After a neighbor caught a person last spring driving around the property getting their car stuck, and he called the police. The officer said he could not charge trespass unless there were multiple signs but the person drove around a locked chained gate with signs which say .....no trespassing. I will love being in Navarre and viewing a trespasser.

2seaoat

Now the hard part.....viewing the cameras remotely from the internet.......ten years ago it would be piece of cake, but now....no eyesight.....magnifying glass.....and get worn out getting up and down from the floor. Hopefully within the week.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum