Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Home security systems.....video systems

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

We got a 16 channel eight camera security system we love last year. Well the puppy chewed on two of the cameras cables, so I got a four camera eight channel set up for less than 200 bucks.....these things are dropping in price and are they ever effective. We now have added a ninth camera to the old system and put it on 9 frame display and you have the entire house covered. We have adjacent to our TV and near where I sleep so that I am constantly able to view the outside of the house. We have motion detectors and the other day I saw a full Buck walk right up the driveway. Racoons, possum, cats, and a coyote.......the night is alive with four legged animals....it is the two legged type that get my attention. I strongly recommend the investment and a four camera eight channel will take in most angles on a home. Cool stuff.

My wife installed a mule gate opener all by her lonesome and the camera lets us know if somebody is at the gate and we can open the same from inside the house. The new smart phones will allow monitoring of your home while you are away, and it is easy to set up. I have my guns, but when those infra red cameras in the black of night are shining....it sends a message......smile you are on candid camera.

My shop doesn't even have a lock and I rarely lock the house. We live in different worlds,

Sal

Sal

Fer reelz.

In what kind of dystopian nightmare do you live?

Get a dog.

Relax.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote: The new smart phones will allow monitoring of your home while you are away, and it is easy to set up.  

Several years ago I connected up a couple of webcams and put them on the network mainly because I'd learned I could monitor them on my smartphone.
I tried different freeware to make it work. It worked but it was unreliable. Sometimes I could see the cameras and sometimes not.
Have you found a good software program that is reliable for this?

2seaoat

Qsee sold at Tiger Direct is a great package.

My shop doesn't even have a lock and I rarely lock the house. We live in different worlds,

Yes we do......I live in the wilds.....without all the conveniences of Downtown Pensacola and that wonderful Gulf Breeze.......We definitely lock our doors.

Mr Ichi wrote:My shop doesn't even have a lock and I rarely lock the house.  We live in different worlds,  

Especially considering where you live I'd say you're not in reality. This is not the 1950's anymore. I'd never go to bed w/o locking the doors.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum