Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump says he didn't know Porter didn't have a security clearance -- deadly news for Kelly!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

And the Republicans are still whining over Hillary's faux pas with secret mail on her own server ---- Can't wait to see them skulk away silently when the world realizes Rob Porter has been handling everything secret meant for Trump. Asked about it, Trump says he had no idea Porter didn't have authorization to view secret documents. Which leaves the whole mess on Kelly's doorstep. We now know that Kelly knew long ago that Porter had no clearance. And that means Kelly can be charged and prosecuted for violation of security regulations.

Do you think Mueller is smiling tonight? I know I am!!!

RealLindaL

It truly stretches credulity to accept the premise that Trump didn't know.   Balderdash!  I'm not buying it.  I think he just didn't want to stick his neck out to exempt Rob Porter (as he did for his son-in-law Jared, who also never passed security muster), deciding to let it ride, figuring no one would notice or, even if they did, there'd be no consequences for him just as there so far haven't been for anything else below board Trump has ever done.  Did he realize he was thus placing Kellly in harm's way?  Since when has concern for anyone else ever stopped him from doing anything at all he wanted to do?

That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it.

2seaoat

If you start with the proposition that we live in a dangerous world, it is mind boggling that such simple execution of security clearance could get by a chief of staff. Is it stupid or lazy?

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

I did background investigations as a contractor for military & Federal civil service for a year.    He would have had to at least fill out an SF-86 ... and on that he would have been required to disclose the restraining orders ... which, per protocol, would have prompted an interview with ex-spouses by the investigator.

(this is the same form which Don Jr, Kushner, and others had to keep going back & revising for failure to report foreign contacts within the past 5 years)

If you added up all of their histories of scandals, arrests, financial hanky panky, etc .... I'm guessing Congress and the White House would start looking more like a street gang than a government body.

gatorfan

While an interim clearance is not that unusual given the backlog of clearance investigations it seems the Trumpet Clan has a special talent for hiring folks that should be pumping out portable toilets somewhere and not involved in high level government matters. (Although pumping out portable toilets is a more honorable profession than politics.) Porter would probably not have received a permanent clearance but that would be dependent on the FBI.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

gatorfan wrote:While an interim clearance is not that unusual ....

An SF-86 still has to be filled out for an interim clearance.

Or maybe they're just not bothering with any of it .... kind of like the economic sanctions on Russia passed by Congress & signed by the President last July that were supposed to be implemented last October. Everything is optional ... apparently.

gatorfan

EmeraldGhost wrote:
gatorfan wrote:While an interim clearance is not that unusual ....

An SF-86 still has to be filled out for an interim clearance.

Yes I know, I never said otherwise. I had to do one at one point because I needed a TS/SCI clearance in the military. What a pain!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum