Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

America's Military Industrial Addiction ... We're all victims!!

+2
PkrBum
Wordslinger
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Polls show that Americans are tired of endless wars in faraway lands, but many cheer President Trump’s showering money on the Pentagon and its contractors, a paradox that President Eisenhower foresaw, writes JP Sottile. This is an article we ALL need to read!

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/48344.htm

PkrBum

PkrBum

This is a topic that we've ALL talked about repeatedly in a hundred threads.

gatorfan

PkrBum wrote:This is a topic that we've ALL talked about repeatedly in a hundred threads.

Yes, a "new" one seems to start every other day. Of course some of us know it's Congress that hands money over - not a President who only makes broad requests........

2seaoat

Sadly, it is not a topic of the news media. Look at who sponsors tv news. Most of the Sunday news programs are sponsored by MIC. We cannot bring this topic up enough. America is the greatest threat to life on the planet. We have expeditionary forces all over the globe. It is not a question of defending America, rather it has everything to do with making profits for war profiteers. There was a time the public had zero tolerance for the same. However, the propaganda machines are expanding. We in the last thirty years turned criminal justice matters into military adventurism. The propaganda to turn ideas into nation states which need to be militarily invaded to crush ideas. It has become so Orwellian that it is chilling where this will end unless people start to demand common sense and morality over war profiteering. We were once a courageous strong nation. We have become fearful and weak. I just shake my head when SEC schools have the traditional head coaches shaking hands after a game. There were eight police officers shaking the other security teams hands on the field. When people are made to think that head coaches need four uniformed officers to protect them on a football field, then America has finally become wussified where a police state or mercenary military is the norm. Scardy cats to the core.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:This is a topic that we've ALL talked about repeatedly in a hundred threads.

And this very real problem continues unabated! The more we complain about it the better -- squeaky wheels get the grease.

2seaoat

I will certainly bore friends and neighbors when I continually demand that the defense budget be reduced. My congressman is ex military and is pro expansion of the military budget. We lost Korea. We lost Viet Nam. We lost Iraq. We lost Iraq. We lost Afghanastan. Yet, pouring more money into a broken paradigm is rational. Nope. People need to speak the truth.

PkrBum

PkrBum

That's funny... you left out Libya. Where the result is a burgeoning slave trade of refugees.

Telstar

Telstar

Let the bastard sons of 45 and his 1% ilk lead the attack. Let's see how good the two nitwits are at shooting at something that shoots back for a change. That goes for 666 Kushner too. Twisted Evil

2seaoat

Other than CIA, America has not had boots on the ground in Libya. I would rather invest 1/1000 of our resources in clandestine operations which would be far more effective than military actions. I would like to see a new defensive ring defined for American Foreign Policy which is geographically much much closer to North America.

Leave South Korea with one military base which would be located at the bottom of the Peninsula with less than 5k American military. This would be seen as a non threatening move, and would protect the folks in Seoul from a Holocaust caused by war baiting for profit. Withdraw 90% of our personnel from Europe, and close bases. Remove all troops from the middle east. Remove all troops from Africa.

Defend America investing in a smaller more comprehensive defense strategy as compared to our current offensive mercenary military driven by MIC and war profiteering. Peace in the middle east and peace in South Asia, just needs less American expeditionary forces, and more focus on defending America.

bigdog

It won't ever change as long as people worship the military. That pretty much started after 911 when Bush decided to declare a war on a tactic (terrorism) that can never see an end.
You can destroy every living, breathing person in the middle east but the tactic of terrorism will always exist, so we have to claim we are at war forever.
There's nothing better for business than a good war and nothing better for a POTUS then being a "war president." George W knew that. He was at least that smart.
Now we are expected to stop every service member we see and thank them for their service, They get the only single payer life-long healthcare system in the country, and can retire with lifetime benefits after only 20 years, something almost no civilian could ever do.
A lot of them are like my husband-when he takes that 10 percent discount at Lowe's, he's a lot more interested in how much money he gets off than he is on the lady behind the counter thanking him for his service. He got paid for his service when he did it and had money left over when he left.And a HUGE percentage of vets are now receiving lifetime payouts for PTSD, something WWII vets and most Vietnam vets didn't receive until the military worship began after 911.

Quite frankly, my heroes are not service members who swear to kill anyone that whatever moron in the White House tells them is the enemy. They are sometimes a necessity, but truly, we didn't need to engage in a single war since WWII.
My heroes are firemen who save lives, risk their own, and don't have a clue who it is they are doing it for. That's the definition of a hero to me. And if anybody around here has ever been a fireman, I thank YOU for your service.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

bigdog wrote:It won't ever change as long as people worship the military. That pretty much started after 911 when Bush decided to declare a war on a tactic (terrorism) that can never see an end.
You can destroy every living, breathing person in the middle east but the tactic of terrorism will always exist, so we have to claim we are at war forever.
There's nothing better for business than a good war and nothing better for a POTUS then being a "war president." George W knew that. He was at least that smart.
Now we are expected to stop every service member we see and thank them for their service, They get the only single payer life-long healthcare system in the country, and can retire with lifetime benefits after only 20 years, something almost no civilian could ever do.
A lot of them are like my husband-when he takes that 10 percent discount at Lowe's, he's a lot more interested in how much money he gets off than he is on the lady behind the counter thanking him for his service. He got paid for his service when he did it and had money left over when he left.And a HUGE percentage of vets are now receiving lifetime payouts for PTSD, something WWII vets and most Vietnam vets didn't receive until the military worship began after 911.

Quite frankly, my heroes are not service members who swear to kill anyone that whatever moron in the White House tells them is the enemy. They are sometimes a necessity, but truly, we didn't need to engage in a single war since WWII.
My heroes are firemen who save lives, risk their own, and don't have a clue who it is they are doing it for.  That's the definition of a hero to me. And if anybody around here has ever been a fireman, I thank YOU for your service.

After reading your comment above, I think I've fallen in love with you.

Feel free not to participate. Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum