Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump is destroying America's image, cohesiveness, and continuity.

+5
PkrBum
othershoe1030
zsomething
bigdog
Wordslinger
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Mr. Putin's selection of our latest President is paying off handsomely.  Trump has brought us to the threshold of nuclear holocaust with N. Korea, he's divided our country by race and nationality, he's an admitted sexual predator, his tax cut program favors the ultra rich at the cost of millions of our poor, his approach to healthcare is to deny it to our masses, his environmental approach is to destroy all environmental protective regulations in favor of fossil burning fuels, and to favor all chemical herbicide and insecticide usage regardless of health consequences.

Now, having declared some time ago that his former assertions that President Obama was illegally elected because he was born in Kenya, were wrong, he has just reversed his position on the issue, claiming once again that Obama isn't a native American.   

Having admitted that he spoke the shocking and disgraceful words recorded in the infamous Hollywood "grab them by the pussy" tape, he says now that he doesn't think the voice on the torrid tape is his own.

Twelve women have accused him of accosting and sexually harassing them,  which, like Roy Moore, he avidly denies.  

It's almost too late to recognize that Trump is an emotionally and psychically unstable man who cannot be allowed to continue his presidency.  

And the republican party's incomprehensible inability to advocate for the termination of his presidency, in order to maintain their own political advantages, attests to their total abandonment of any moral or patriotic duty to protect our country under the leadership of a mad man.

Fuck Trump, the republican party, and all other enemies of these United States of America.  

bigdog

I agree 100%. Anyone who still supports Trump after seeing what he's done the last 11 months is a heartless cretin who should be banished to an island somewhere to fight it out with other members of his tribe.

They have no souls nor hearts and shouldn't be allowed in civilized society.
I wish I was being sarcastic.

And double the fate for Alabama voters who plan to vote for Roy Moore. He's in the lead again. Almost unbelievable, but it is Alabama.

zsomething

It gets crazier every day. Now he's even alienating Britain because he re-tweeted some Nazi group bullshit... which was even fake, and then Sarah Huckabee Sanders, who comes across as an anthropomorphized particularly-gloomy potato, claims "It doesn't matter if the video's real, the threat is." This from the administration that screams about "fake news" all the time. It's such a hypocrisy level that there's not even anything left to make fun of; the thing itself is the whole joke.

I think it's only through "we know most of you aren't idiots who voted for this asshole" good will that's got us any allies left, really. The world's like most of us -- waiting for this fool to go away and some Democrat to clean up the mess again, the way they always have to.

What's kind of fun, in a sick "hey look at the car wreck" kinda way, is watching Republicans starting to get fearful at work. Trump's cut some funding that affects us, and it's showing big time, and a lot of my Republican co-workers are fretting, "Think we gone lose our jobs? What's gone happen to mah health care? Mah mama's sick! What ah'm 'on do?!" . I'm like, "You voted for it, dumbass, ain't it what you wanted? We fucking TOLD you!" I desperately hope that they'll be saved again from the consequences of their own actions -- even though I know they won't learn a damn thing from it -- and that their mom'll get to keep her health care and nobody'll get fired, but we're all in this frickin' handbasket because of their stupidity, so I'm glad they managed to scrape enough brain cells together to get nervous about it. The mean-hearted, pumpkin-faced slackjaws were so excited about keepin' the Mexicans out and making black folks miserable that they bought into this shit, and now they're all "Whut'd ah do to m'se'f?!? Maw-maw's gone dah 'n' there ain't even gone be a wall!"

I almost feel sorry for 'em, but I'm kinda worn out from constantly having to help them figure out how to work the copy machine or how e-mail works that I'm kinda just giving up on 'em at this point.

Meanwhile, Trump keeps tweeting the kind of lunacy that your crazy uncle that nobody wants to sit next to at Thanksgiving forwards you in e-mail... and nobody wants to really address it. It's like, "Okay, yeah, he's a gullible idiot, but let's trust him to get us out of this North Korea thing." And Republicans are about to loot the lower and middle classes to give more to the people who already have too much, all because they cynically know their supporters are too stupid to ever know they've been conned. They'll blame the Democrats when the economy tanks, just like they've been trained to do. No amount of buyer's remorse is enough to wise these idiots up. They believe in the Republican party like they believe in religion -- it's all on faith, their daddy told 'em to do it, and actual results will be excused away, forever because they don't think, they just follow, like baby ducks. The South is hardcore evidence that you will never pay at all for exploiting Republican voters, or underestimating their intelligence. You can't even embarrass 'em out of it. They'll cling to their oppressor's ankles while screaming hate at anyone who tries to help 'em. They all think that if everything collapses, they'll just live off of deer. There's too many of 'em, anyway. O' course, there won't be after about a month when everybody's eating 'em, but, you can't tell a determined stupidass nothin'.

Anybody dumb enough not to wish Obama or Hillary were running things instead probably chews cud.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Wordslinger wrote:Mr. Putin's selection of our latest President is paying off handsomely.  Trump has brought us to the threshold of nuclear holocaust with N. Korea, he's divided our country by race and nationality, he's an admitted sexual predator, his tax cut program favors the ultra rich at the cost of millions of our poor, his approach to healthcare is to deny it to our masses, his environmental approach is to destroy all environmental protective regulations in favor of fossil burning fuels, and to favor all chemical herbicide and insecticide usage regardless of health consequences.

Now, having declared some time ago that his former assertions that President Obama was illegally elected because he was born in Kenya, were wrong, he has just reversed his position on the issue, claiming once again that Obama isn't a native American.   

Having admitted that he spoke the shocking and disgraceful words recorded in the infamous Hollywood "grab them by the pussy" tape, he says now that he doesn't think the voice on the torrid tape is his own.

Twelve women have accused him of accosting and sexually harassing them,  which, like Roy Moore, he avidly denies.  

It's almost too late to recognize that Trump is an emotionally and psychically unstable man who cannot be allowed to continue his presidency.  

And the republican party's incomprehensible inability to advocate for the termination of his presidency, in order to maintain their own political advantages, attests to their total abandonment of any moral or patriotic duty to protect our country under the leadership of a mad man.

Fuck Trump, the republican party, and all other enemies of these United States of America.  

According to this list in the Guardian the number of Trump's accusers is up to 20. Sick puppy that he is.

He may enjoy chaos but it does not play well on the national or international stage. Now it is being reported that he's thinking of replacing Tillerson with Pompeo  as Secretary of State. He's taking a bomb or a blender to the WH and just making a mess of things. I can't even keep track of all the replacements and resignations in his cabinet (there have been many). And why the news reports continue to call this hoax of a tax plan as a tax cut for middle class families I will never know. It is a boondoggle for the wealthiest people and corporations that will personally benefit the Trump family.

I mean it is nearly a waste of time to even listen to this lying jerk since what he says is 1) not true; 2) embarrassing; 3) will change shortly to the opposite position.

He is destroying our institutions and structures to the best of his ability. We can only work to repair it all once he's gone. This will not last forever!!

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2017/nov/30/donald-trump-sexual-misconduct-allegations-full-list

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Why won't Joanimoroni, Pkrbum or Peedawg defend this nutcase right here in this thread? C'mon republican creeps ... tell us why Trump should remain as president. Tell us why anyone should trust this bastard?

PkrBum

PkrBum

Tell me what has changed in your life since 1/19/17? Besides the mental derangement via trump.

Be specific.

Telstar

Telstar

Wordslinger wrote:Why won't Joanimoroni, Pkrbum or Peedawg defend this nutcase right here in this thread?  C'mon republican creeps ... tell us why Trump should remain as president.  Tell us why anyone should trust this bastard?

Tell us why anyone should trust those three bastards first. lol!

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:Tell me what has changed in your life since 1/19/17? Besides the mental derangement via trump.

Be specific.

I listed most of the problems above. All effect me, you and our offspring.

And yes, Trump and his republican gang certainly are making all of us deranged.

It blows my mind that what used to be thoughtful, patriotic republicans choose to stay quiet and let this mad man continue as President. Is keeping power in congress really worth destroying everything most Americans hold dear? Am all ears. Tell me how taking away healthcare from millions of your fellow Americans, and increasing the taxes for most of the middle class so the ultra rich can get MORE means a stronger, more cohesive America. I'm all ears.

PkrBum

PkrBum

We've tried appeasing despots for decades... I don't think it can be more clear that it's failed.

See: current events/results.

Last edited by PkrBum on 11/30/2017, 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Telstar

Telstar

bigdog wrote:I agree 100%. Anyone who still supports Trump after seeing what he's done the last 11 months is a heartless cretin who should be banished to an island somewhere to fight it out with other members of his tribe.

They have no souls nor hearts and shouldn't be allowed in civilized society.
I wish I was being sarcastic.

And double the fate for Alabama voters who plan to vote for Roy Moore. He's in the lead again. Almost unbelievable, but it is Alabama.

Can't wait until children turn in their parents for abuse for forcing them to reside in a morally corrupt state like Alabama. Caring parents won't allow their children to remain in harms way and will protect their children from evil child stalkers like Roy Moore.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Trump is destroying America's image, cohesiveness, and continuity. Orang-Utang_and-the-airship

will it stay airborne?

The Primate and the Airliner: A Fable with No Moral

by Steve Krodman | 0 | Mar 1, 2017

“Allowing a monkey to drive a race car sounds like an amusing idea, but only to those who have never tried it.” – The Bard of Affliction

The great Airship of State had been flying for 241 years now.

It wasn’t always an airliner, of course. Back when it began to function, a hot-air balloon was sufficient to hoist its machinery. As the years flew by, however, and new technologies became available, it eventually transferred itself into ever more efficient aerial transports, the better to float high above the hostile environment below. Propellers, in time, gave way to propjets, then to high-bypass turbojets, and the Airship moved faster and faster over the land and sea below it.

The Ship was an expensive proposition, cost-wise. More passengers joined it every year, some born on the craft and others from every land in the world boarding it. There were even a few stowaways, desperate people who were happy to perform the most menial tasks in order to stay on the Airship. Surprisingly, most of the new passengers contributed to the Ship in unexpected ways, creating improvements in fuel efficiency, or entertaining the other passengers with their literature or acting.

Remarkably, for an increasingly complex piece of machinery, the Airship had managed to stay aloft for well over two centuries thanks to its well designed mechanical systems. There were actually three linked, semi-independent control mechanisms, each designed to adjust and correct serious problems in one or both of the others. Over the years, a succession of (mostly) skilled pilots worked in concert with the control systems to navigate the Airship successfully.

Once in a rare while, a pilot would die unexpectedly while in the cockpit. In those cases, the copilot would immediately step in, sitting at the controls until the regular shift change came along. Except for such unusual situations, each pilot would work tirelessly for the duration of the shift, whereupon a replacement would be selected by the passengers. And many times, a pilot would pull a double shift if the passengers so willed.

There were some times when turbulence of one sort or another would sicken many of the passengers. There were also times when hostile forces threatened to shoot the Airship down. Fortunately, its skilled pilots – and its ability to cruise at an exceptionally high altitude – kept it safe.

Perhaps it was the length of the flight, or perhaps it was a growing diminution of the quality of the food in coach class (where steak had gradually given way to pretzels and peanuts), but eventually a significant number of the passengers grew dissatisfied with the course that the Airship traveled. They decided that dramatic change was necessary. Scraping the thin layer of stowaways off the Airship was one solution they proposed. The stowaways, of course, thought this was a bad idea. Most of them kept a low profile and paid their fares like everyone else, but now they were being accused of lurid crimes, such as farting in the galley. Rational discourse was becoming more difficult.

And then the shift change was upon them, whereupon the dissatisfied passengers proposed that an Orang-Utang be allowed to pilot the Airship. The proposal – no doubt a measure of its proponents’ disaffection – was derided by most of the passengers, but the selection process weighted votes by seat row, not simply by numbers.

It was a shock to almost everyone, not least the Orang-Utang, when the beast won and was immediately placed in the cockpit.

Entranced by the pretty lights and instruments, the russet-haired primate immediately began pushing buttons. The Ship began to lurch and whine, but the dissatisfied passengers figured the noises to be from the long-lost steaks being shifted around and moved into the galley. The triply redundant control system, meanwhile, kept things flying despite people on the ground becoming increasingly nervous about the unusual noises coming from the craft soaring above them.

Goaded by his trainer, the Orang-Utang kept pressing more buttons and banging on the dials. Many were delighted: Things were going to change, by God! Others, perhaps less sanguine, began to wonder. Would the triply redundant control system hold? Would the instrumentation continue to function? Would the great Airship keep airborne until the next shift change, or would it come crashing down? They had been unhappy with the pilot that had been chosen, but now they were in the peculiar position of having to pray for his success.

###
Image: Orang-Utang and the airship is a composite image created for LikeTheDew.com using images from the movie “King Kong” 1933 (Radio Pictures/Public Domain); USS Macon (ZRS-5) Flying over New York Harbor, circa Summer 1933 (US Navy via Wikipedia/Public Domain); and USA Map (OpenClipArt.org/Rights Free).

http://likethedew.com/2017/03/01/the-primate-and-the-airliner-a-fable-with-no-moral/#.WiBlfkqnHIX

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:We've tried appeasing despots for decades... I don't think it can be a more clear that it's failed.

See: current events/results.

So we should continue to let this madman reign over EVERYTHING because he baits Kim Jong Un, and kisses Putin's ass? And what in hell has your response to do with all the recent tweets which, as I showed above, reverse the Pussy Grabber's positions on a wide range of subjects? Your retort doesn't dispel any of the weird reversals Trump has just made.

PkrBum

PkrBum

The dude's a clown. I would much rather take a hard line with nk than keep watching him act provocatively however. Don't you agree that kissing his ass has failed? What do we bend over to next?

2seaoat

My wife has historically been apolitical. It was not that important to her. She utterly despises President Trump. She considers him an immoral man independent of his politics. She also has decided that she will NO longer associate with acquaintances who continually in public and in social settings make excuses for the man.

She has a Bunko game that about 12 woman rotate from one home each month to play the game and have dinner. About ten of those women have been outspoken supporters of Trump. They were quite vocal at election time and after, but have become less vocal in their support. However, about four have become hardcore nutcases where my wife has no longer been silent and has with facts and a calm demeanor been turning their world upside down with logic and facts, which without a doubt always end a discussion with Obama probably was fooling around on his wife, and Hillary should go to jail. Her response is what does that have to do with Trump's latest unacceptable behavior. She believes he is a fascist white nationalist and now that it is clear she will challenge any lies regardless of the number of folks which want to rationalize his behavior. She has decided to cut back on her monthly attendance, and posted on her facebook that she will no longer socialize with haters. It should be interesting if she does not attend this month.

It is time to challenge lies, and challenge bad behavior without the politics. The man is evil and to try to bring politics into the equation to rationalize a fascist........nope......done with that chit burger.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Y'all are hysterical... trump derangement syndrome. Can't even differentiate between subjective/fact.

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:My wife has historically been apolitical.  It was not that important to her.  She utterly despises President Trump.  She considers him an immoral man independent of his politics.   She also has decided that she will NO longer associate with acquaintances who continually in public and in social settings make excuses for the man.  

She has a Bunko game that about 12 woman rotate from one home each month to play the game and have dinner.   About ten of those women have been outspoken supporters of Trump.   They were quite vocal at election time and after, but have become less vocal in their support.  However, about four have become hardcore nutcases where my wife has no longer been silent and has with facts and a calm demeanor been turning their world upside down with logic and facts, which without a doubt always end a discussion with Obama probably was fooling around on his wife, and Hillary should go to jail.  Her response is what does that have to do with Trump's latest unacceptable behavior.   She believes he is a fascist white nationalist and now that it is clear she will challenge any lies regardless of the number of folks which want to rationalize his behavior.   She has decided to cut back on her monthly attendance, and posted on her facebook that she will no longer socialize with haters.  It should be interesting if she does not attend this month.

It is time to challenge lies, and challenge bad behavior without the politics.  The man is evil and to try to bring politics into the equation to rationalize a fascist........nope......done with that chit burger.

Your wife is a true American.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:The dude's a clown. I would much rather take a hard line with nk than keep watching him act provocatively however. Don't you agree that kissing his ass has failed? What do we bend over to next?

You really expect me to agree that Trump's "hard line" has done anything positive? Utter bullshit! Our asshole's "hard line" has been matched and upped every month by their asshole.

Both of these crazies are playing with thermo nuclear threats that could slip into reality in less than five minutes -- leaving millions of innocents on both sides vaporized or worse.

"Drawing a line" reminds me of two kids on a playground pushing up against each other so close their noses touch. Is that the depth of your strategic thinking? Of course it is -- you're a conservative. LOL

PkrBum

PkrBum

Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:The dude's a clown. I would much rather take a hard line with nk than keep watching him act provocatively however. Don't you agree that kissing his ass has failed? What do we bend over to next?

You really expect me to agree that Trump's "hard line" has done anything positive? LOL

Read it again dimwit... Don't you agree that kissing his ass has failed?

I don't see anything wrong with trying another angle. I would turn him into a pink mist w a fricking laser beam of it were up to me. Then send a STRONG message that if the next leader continued the provocative actions and oppressive atrocities on its people then you'll be pink mist too.

Nice and simple.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

You really expect me to agree that Trump's "hard line" has done anything positive? LOL

I don't see anything wrong with trying another angle. I would turn him into a pink mist w a fricking laser beam of it were up to me. Then send a STRONG message that if the next leader continued the provocative actions and oppressive atrocities on its people then you'll be pink mist too.

Nice and simple.

"Nice and simple" means really stupid. The Korean has missiles with nuclear warhead capabilities, or he's within a month or two of it. You gonna first strike him? Watch China, Russia, and maybe Pakistan thrash your ass for it. Who in hell is safe in this world if the U.S. is a loose atomic cannon?

If you had any smarts above your testicles, you would know the whole N. Korean vs. USA problem is based on our long term animosity and threats against N. Korea. Every year we push them with our military "exercises," designed to aggravate and punish. What they want, and have always wanted is the right to exist without worrying we might attack at any moment. Our answer, of course, is if you don't do things our way we'll bury you. Faced with that ongoing conflict, it's only natural that N. Korea would do all it could to become a nuclear power.

Try and focus Pkrbum. That's what you get when you continually threaten someone. I'm continually amazed at your redneck "mah Daddies bigger'n
yall's " level of non-strategic thinking.

There are only two possibilities now: 1) War 2) We promise not to strike them first as long as they do the same.

Pray for No. 2!

2seaoat

Your wife is a true American.

She was first and foremost a teacher. She spent a career working with children to give them a chance in this world. The last ten years of her career she was assigned to a school that had 30% Muslim kids. She learned their customs and worked with the parents who were hard working Americans who wanted their children to have the best education and a slice of the American dream. She had to deal with their cultural complaints when the schools were being insensitive to Muslims which staff over the decade established an excellent rapport with the community and my wife had wonderful joy seeing these kids deal with the inflexible structure of their parents as they became American kids. It was a true melting pot. Nothing piszes her off more than blanket attacks against Muslims. It is pure ethnocentric racism and bigotry. It has been used by an immoral man who to appeal to white nationalism to allow the wealthy and the MIC to further steal this country under the guise of war on contrary ideas in this world. I love it when my friends tell me how radical my wife has become defending outrageous and factually deficient attacks on Muslims. It was like a zoning hearing I went to where a Hindu temple was going to be built on a thirty acre complex, and people came and approached the mike and said they were not christians and that they ate rats. I was in the room. It is beyond shock to see where the bottom is of ignorance and hate. I am proud of my retired teacher fighting a battle which needs to be fought.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Nice and simple.

"Nice and simple" means really stupid.  The Korean has missiles with nuclear warhead capabilities, or he's within a month or two of it.  You gonna first strike him? Watch China, Russia, and maybe Pakistan thrash your ass for it. Who in hell is safe in this world if the U.S. is a loose atomic cannon?

If you had any smarts above your testicles, you would know the whole N. Korean vs. USA problem is based on our long term animosity and threats against N. Korea.  Every year we push them with our military "exercises," designed to aggravate and punish.  What they want, and have always wanted is the right to exist without worrying we might attack at any moment.  Our answer, of course, is if you don't do things our way we'll bury you. Faced with that ongoing conflict, it's only natural that N. Korea would do all it could to become a nuclear power.  

Try and focus Pkrbum.  That's what you get when you continually threaten someone. I'm continually amazed at your redneck "mah Daddies bigger'n

There are only two possibilities now:  1) War  2) We promise not to strike them first as long as they do the same.

Pray for No. 2!

Pull the stick out of your ass... lol.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Nice and simple.

"Nice and simple" means really stupid.  The Korean has missiles with nuclear warhead capabilities, or he's within a month or two of it.  You gonna first strike him? Watch China, Russia, and maybe Pakistan thrash your ass for it. Who in hell is safe in this world if the U.S. is a loose atomic cannon?

If you had any smarts above your testicles, you would know the whole N. Korean vs. USA problem is based on our long term animosity and threats against N. Korea.  Every year we push them with our military "exercises," designed to aggravate and punish.  What they want, and have always wanted is the right to exist without worrying we might attack at any moment.  Our answer, of course, is if you don't do things our way we'll bury you. Faced with that ongoing conflict, it's only natural that N. Korea would do all it could to become a nuclear power.  

Try and focus Pkrbum.  That's what you get when you continually threaten someone. I'm continually amazed at your redneck "mah Daddies bigger'n

There are only two possibilities now:  1) War  2) We promise not to strike them first as long as they do the same.

Pray for No. 2!

Pull the stick out of your ass... lol.

Bend over and I'll put it up yours.

Weasel.

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:Your wife is a true American.

She was first and foremost a teacher.  She spent a career working with children to give them a chance in this world.  The last ten years of her career she was assigned to a school that had 30% Muslim kids.  She learned their customs and worked with the parents who were hard working Americans who wanted their children to have the best education and a slice of the American dream.  She had to deal with their cultural complaints when the schools were being insensitive to Muslims which staff over the decade established an excellent rapport with the community and my wife had wonderful joy seeing these kids deal with the inflexible structure of their parents as they became American kids.  It was a true melting pot.  Nothing piszes her off more than blanket attacks against Muslims.  It is pure ethnocentric racism and bigotry.  It has been used by an immoral man who to appeal to white nationalism to allow the wealthy and the MIC to further steal this country under the guise of war on contrary ideas in this world.  I love it when my friends tell me how radical my wife has become defending outrageous and factually deficient attacks on Muslims.   It was like a zoning hearing I went to where a Hindu temple was going to be built on a thirty acre complex, and people came and approached the mike and said they were not christians and that they ate rats.  I was in the room.  It is beyond shock to see where the bottom is of ignorance and hate.  I am proud of my retired teacher fighting a battle which needs to be fought.

You have good reason to be proud and you are blessed to have such a wonderful woman by your side.

bigdog

My oldest daughter and I were talking this afternoon and she said that she doesn't see a solution for the problem of Donald Trump short of a war. She says that the people who still support him and who believe we have the right to tell the entire world what to do won't ever change until they see the actual results of what a nuclear war could bring.
They've gotten too used to the idea of nukes being around and don't have the fears or the knowledge that we had of the dangers of a confrontation back when nukes were a new thing in the 60's.
We were scared shitless back in the Cuban Missile Crisis, because we'd had books and movies about nuclear war and knew that attacking one country could send fallout all over the planet. Americans don't have a clue any more. We are the most dangerous country on the planet, not North Korea. My daughter said she thinks it will take millions of deaths before the idiots in this country ever learn anything. I hope she's wrong, and so does she. She's worked her whole career for a military contractor, some of the time on missile systems and fragmentation analysis, and she really doesn't want to feel that she's part of the possible annihilation of the planet. A Donald Trump as president is her worst nightmare. I just hope she's wrong and he can be stopped before he gets what he wants. I hope it for all our sakes but I don't have a lot of faith it will happen. Not with the cowardly Republicans in Congress today.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

bigdog wrote:My oldest daughter and I were talking this afternoon and she said that she doesn't see a solution for the problem of Donald Trump short of a war. She says that the people who still support him and who believe we have the right to tell the entire world what to do won't ever change until they see the actual results of what a nuclear war could bring.
They've gotten too used to the idea of nukes being around and don't have the fears or the knowledge that we had of the dangers of a confrontation back when nukes were a new thing in the 60's.
We were scared shitless back in the Cuban Missile Crisis, because we'd had books and movies about nuclear war and knew that attacking one country could send fallout all over the planet. Americans don't have a clue any more. We are the most dangerous country on the planet, not North Korea. My daughter said she thinks it will take millions of deaths before the idiots in this country ever learn anything. I hope she's wrong, and so does she. She's worked her whole career for a military contractor, some of the time on missile systems and fragmentation analysis, and she really doesn't want to feel that she's part of the possible annihilation of the planet. A Donald Trump as president is her worst nightmare. I just hope she's wrong and he can be stopped before he gets what he wants. I hope it for all our sakes but I don't have a lot of faith it will happen. Not with the cowardly Republicans in Congress today.

Amazingly meaningful statement: "A Donald Trump as president is her worst nightmare. I just hope she's wrong and he can be stopped before he gets what he wants. I hope it for all our sakes but I don't have a lot of faith it will happen. Not with the cowardly Republicans in Congress today." And from where I stand, the issue of removing Trump as president as quickly as possible may very well mean prevention of a life-extinction event. It would seem that the republicans at Congress are quite ready to accept thermonuclear holocaust across the entire world in order to keep political control of the house and senate.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum