Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

2017-18 NBA Basketball

+3
Joanimaroni
PkrBum
2seaoat
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 15]

1262017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 1/24/2018, 10:21 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

http://www.sfgate.com/warriors/article/LeBron-gets-30-000-but-Spurs-beat-slumping-Cavs-12520421.php

1272017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 1/27/2018, 11:53 pm

2seaoat

Curry is simply the best. Nobody is going to beat Curry and Golden State.

1282017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 1/28/2018, 10:35 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

He and Isaiah really lit up the first half. Fun to watch.

1292017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 1/28/2018, 1:01 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:He and Isaiah really lit up the first half. Fun to watch.

Really enjoyed the game. What a shame LaBron played point instead of Irving.

1302017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 1/30/2018, 9:05 pm

2seaoat

The trades are starting to get crazy. This next summer should be exciting for the NBA. I like Detroit's chances to make a run in the east.

1312017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 2/1/2018, 2:12 am

2seaoat

I am so sad seeing these injuries. Isaiah Canaan's broken ankle was gruesome to watch. He was a great kid with the Bulls and he was clicking with the Suns. I hate to see anybody hurt, but when a star gets hurt like Rose, he got to enjoy the limelight, but Canaan has been all work and very little money or recognition. It has bee a tough year for some tough injuries.

The Bulls are just horrible. The Cavs with Love out will not win the East. I really like Detroit now. Great coach. My timberwolves are not playing defense in the fourth quarter. Butler was teaching, but I think Wiggins has lost stature with the arrival of Butler and the old wolves just do not play defense. They can never beat the warriors until Wiggins plays defense.

1322017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 2/2/2018, 12:26 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

1332017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 2/2/2018, 12:59 am

2seaoat

Jordan was great, but finally we are seeing quality high level basketball returning back to the NBA East. It has been a decade of mediocrity. The viewer numbers tell the whole story. These kids are doing things which were not even imagined thirty years ago. I am watching six NBA games a week. I am planning to attend a game in Miami, Memphis, NO, Orlando, or Atlanta if I am up for it in Late Feb or early March. I want to watch the Timberwolves live before I can no longer attend, and I do not want to travel North to MN. It has been six years since I attended an NBA game, and I used to go to four or five a year.

1342017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 2/7/2018, 2:23 am

2seaoat

The Cavs led by James whose defense is degrading faster than an ice cube on the beach in July. How anybody thinks this guy is the goat in light of his defense over the last five years is mistaken. However, these younger players are amazing and finally the East is getting basketball talent after a decade of mediocrity. The Cavs are just a bunch of over the hill selfish players.

1352017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 2/7/2018, 12:23 pm

2seaoat

The Timberwolves vs. the Cavs tonight on ESPN.........does not get better than that. I used to jump through all kinds of hoops to get the Bulls in Navarre, but now that I do not follow the bulls but maybe once every couple weeks, the Timberwolves are getting national coverage and we get to enjoy the games.

1362017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 2/7/2018, 6:34 pm

2seaoat

It is hilarious listening to all the talking heads talk about how James can no longer play defense. Where were they five years ago when people were blowing past James. I hate to say this, but as much as I like Wade, I believe he is a bit of a prima donna and with his close relationship with James has caused a complete melt down. They are on national tv tonight against my wolves and they are going to try to prove something tonight, but the simple truth is that James and all the players are playing ME ball, not team ball. IT is going into his free agency year, and his value is dropping like a rock because in Boston they had team defense and could hide most of his defensive liability, but folks playing with James have to cover for him, and the truth is they have all lost trust in each other. I am fighting a bit of a fever this evening, and hope I do not have the flu, or that I am entering melt down zone, but to watch the wolves tonight in Navarre beat the Cavs like a drum will perk me up like a new liver. Twisted Evil

1372017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 2/7/2018, 6:50 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

He should sacrifice and play the 4 position more... certainly on defense.

1382017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 2/7/2018, 7:43 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Seaoat... wear a mask when you go out. We have a lot of crud like flu and the flu going around. Not worth the risks. The news is turning it into a death trap and scaring the crap out of kids....the compromised immune system is a target.

1392017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 2/7/2018, 7:52 pm

2seaoat

For the last 10 years if he had a strong coach, he would have played defense in the four position, but James has surrounded himself with weak coaches where he ends up coaching the team so he gets the ball for stat purposes. He NEVER was that good on defense, and if you look at his defensive highlights he is slapping a shot from behind against the backboard which consistently means he was being beat. Paul George, Leonard, and Jimmie Butler can play the spectrum of positions, but they are very special players who are incredibly quick and cat like, yet have sufficient muscle mass not to be backed down. Jimmie Butler has owned James for almost six years and I am sure they will show the graphics, yet where was the national media five years ago when all of this was equally true. The truth is that people who know little about the game of basketball think it is all about offense. I had fun listening to Barkley complaining about all this praise that Butler, George, and Leonard were getting as "two way" players, he said it used to be you were not a good basketball player unless you could play two way, and now good defensive players are the exception. Defense rules. Hard work rules. Teamwork rules. A good coach rules. I think James is one of the hardest working players in the league, but when your ego gets in the way of the reality, even players selected by James on the All Star team are getting injured just to get away from playing with him.....as Bosh said......it is hard. Twisted Evil

1402017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 2/7/2018, 8:15 pm

2seaoat

We are hoping that my fever is liver related because I may have not drank sufficient water on the trip down and I am dehydrated. However, my granddaughter who I attended her basketball game and spent the night has a 101 fever. I took a hot shower, turned on the AC as I was drying off and believe I may have broke the fever because I began sweating really bad. I will stay in all day, but we do get fast food to bring it home, and I have gotten sick in the past eating a prepared meal where I never got near the person.

I am not sure if it much matters as my once muscular thighs and buttocks are collapsing and my wife told me in the last three weeks how my butt has just disappeared and collapsed. After the shower I looked in the mirror.......my time has most definitely come.

I have told my wife if I do pass here to use the creamatory that T used on 90 east of the Lowes in Pace. If that place was good enough for T, it works for me. It would just be a lot easier than transporting the body back to Illinois when I am going to churn and burn anyway.

I keep going down a little bit everyday now, and when I wake up there is no rebound. All of this is consistent with that three month final phase of liver failure. The end will be a quick three days when my organs fail, but heck I only had a six percent chance to have lived this long with this cancer. Imagine standing in a room with 100 people and you were told that you only had a six percent chance of being alive at the end of the day and at the end of the day the room is full of 94 folks on the floor and six are standing there and saying how did we get here......

1412017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 2/7/2018, 8:44 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:For the last 10 years if he had a strong coach, he would have played defense in the four position, but James has surrounded himself with weak coaches where he ends up coaching the team so he gets the ball for stat purposes.  He NEVER was that good on defense, and if you look at his defensive highlights he is slapping a shot from behind against the backboard which consistently means he was being beat.  Paul George, Leonard, and Jimmie Butler can play the spectrum of positions, but they are very special players who are incredibly quick and cat like, yet have sufficient muscle mass not to be backed down.  Jimmie Butler has owned James for almost six years and I am sure they will show the graphics, yet where was the national media five years ago when all of this was equally true.   The truth is that people who know little about the game of basketball think it is all about offense.   I had fun listening to Barkley complaining about all this praise that Butler, George, and Leonard were getting as "two way" players, he said it used to be you were not a good basketball player unless you could play two way, and now good defensive players are the exception.  Defense rules.  Hard work rules.  Teamwork rules.  A good coach rules.   I think James is one of the hardest working players in the league, but when your ego gets in the way of the reality, even players selected by James on the All Star team are getting injured just to get away from playing with him.....as Bosh said......it is hard. Twisted Evil

LaBron James uses players to make himself look good

1422017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 2/7/2018, 9:46 pm

2seaoat

Jimmy Butler just gave a fake to James and he just let Butler go by.....again, the exact same thing which has been happening for five years. Goat?

1432017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 2/7/2018, 10:25 pm

2seaoat

I just love Jimmie Butler. You can live a lifetime and find a handful of professional athletes with the character of Butler. Abandoned by his mother as a child, did he curl up in a ball and give up. Hell NO. This kid understands all the good people who cared about him and assisted him in his journey. I have watched him pick up three Cav players who were on the floor. In today's NBA some coaches and players have made that simple gesture one of weakness. This kid could care less what others think.....he simply works harder than most.

I am in basketball heaven getting to watch this game.

1442017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 2/7/2018, 11:12 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I just love Jimmie Butler.  You can live a lifetime and find a handful of professional athletes with the character of Butler.  Abandoned by his mother as a child, did he curl up in a ball and give up.  Hell NO.  This kid understands all the good people who cared about him and assisted him in his journey.  I have watched him pick up three Cav players who were on the floor.  In today's NBA some coaches and players have made that simple gesture one of weakness.  This kid could care less what others think.....he simply works harder than most.

I am in basketball heaven getting to watch this game.

You see what others miss.

1452017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 2/7/2018, 11:29 pm

2seaoat

I hope this goes on all night with a triple overtime. People are hustling and playing incredible offensive basketball. These type of games rarely get to be watched. Thumbs up. If you watched Butler's defense, James could not drive him.

1462017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 2/7/2018, 11:34 pm

2seaoat

Folks we have been watching a record breaking game. Most three points total EVER.

1472017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 2/7/2018, 11:43 pm

2seaoat

What an incredible game. It is the best game I have seen James play all year. This was a thing of beauty to watch. Good basketball.

1482017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 2/7/2018, 11:49 pm

2seaoat

Just a point of observation. Wade did not play tonight. The Cavs got good minutes off their bench. I think it is time to trade Wade to the Heat and let him finish his career in Miami. He was an incredible player in his day, but he and rose are way past their prime and some of those young players off the Cavs bench looked very good and displayed good energy at the end of the game. The Cavs played great tonight, and as everyone knows I am not a fan of the way they have been playing. Wade needs to go to Miami.

1492017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 2/8/2018, 5:07 pm

2seaoat

Wow.....I called the Wade trade to Miami. Thomas is one more team player who simply could not play with a ball hog who gets his stats but never elevates his team to win the whole thing. I had fun watching him play last night, but when IT was telling the truth about James......people just get quiet........

1502017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 6 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 2/8/2018, 6:18 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

You called it. Desperation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum