Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

2017-18 NBA Basketball

+3
Joanimaroni
PkrBum
2seaoat
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 15]

1512017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 2/8/2018, 9:19 pm

2seaoat

Doug McDermott got traded from the knicks. In the right system he could be a star. Rumor has Rose ending up in MN, but Butler and Rose were never really buds and did not play well together. Also, they have a good point guard and a good back up. Does not make sense other than Thibs saving one of his kids out of loyalty. ACL, and three more surgeries simply changes the reality for these stars. Injuries are up almost thirty percent this year as these incredible young players are taking the human body to its limits. Nothing happened to Noah. My guess after he collects his money, Thibs will give him a chance.

1522017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 2/8/2018, 10:53 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

I really like Blake in Detroit... I hope he can stay healthy. Isaiah Thomas is getting trashed by the sports media.

Sometimes I don't think any of them ever played the game.

1532017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 2/8/2018, 11:27 pm

2seaoat

I have not been happy at all that IT has been one more casualty of James ball hogging. They have the nerve to attack IT's defense as James all game last night let folks blow by him, and then he makes one good defensive play all night......it piszes me off that this kid got ground up and spit out by the business side of the NBA. It is disgraceful.

1542017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 2/11/2018, 3:55 pm

2seaoat

Paul Pierce gets honored today, It had been planned to honor IT before the controversy, but who would have thought that IT would be gone before the honors. Crazy NBA world.

1552017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 2/13/2018, 9:41 pm

2seaoat

Great night to watch NBA basketball. The Cavs vs OK has been a good basketball game, and I am following Houston vs the Wolves on score as these are four of the top ten teams playing each other. What a great product the NBA is offering after a decade of doldrums and mediocrity.

1562017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 2/13/2018, 10:08 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

They still play too many reg season games. I'm watching Olympics... every four years builds the appeal.

1572017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 2/14/2018, 12:42 am

2seaoat

I have never held much interest in the Winter Olympics. It is like hockey. I love playing hockey, but never enjoyed watching it on TV. I love to skate. I love cross country, and I love downhill, but I NEVER thought any of it was athletics. It was a bunch of drunk guys sitting around and spilling out onto the ice and calling it hockeym or just having fun while skiing. It gives a bunch of folks who are not athletes a stage like synchonized swimming or water ballad in the summer olympics. I follow the summer olympics during track and field where without gadgets or expensive equipment people compete with god given talent, no chilling as a ski bum since childhood. I get speed skating and raced as a kid where athletes did better, but again roller skates in the summer Olympics is about the same thing as all the made up chit like curling and sledding........The last time I enjoyed a winter Olympics was in 1968, and each year less interested. I will not watch one game, I will however watch five to six NBA games a week. It seems that other Americans are tuning on the NBA, and my gut tells me viewers will be down.

I will NEVER watch figure skating again as the insurance commercial showing the Summo wrestler figure skating says it all for most people I hang out with.......I am NOT watching the best athletes, rather a bunch of people who play winter activites which requires all this special equipment and cultural opportunity that in my mind is the same as roller skating or horseshoes in the summer olympics.

1582017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 2/14/2018, 9:16 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

I don't ever watch hockey except for the Olympics... same for curling or downhill or even much of the x game sports. But I'll watch them all every four years. Shawn white last night was amazing in the snowboarding half pipe... incredible drama and an amazing performance on the last run of the competition. I'll usually watch the figure skating finals... but it's not a big draw for me. I could watch almost any sport with a gold medal on the line. The Olympics are the pinnacle of sports... period.

1592017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 2/14/2018, 11:33 pm

2seaoat

The clippers looked good against the celtics. Lou Williams is silky smooth.

1602017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 2/14/2018, 11:55 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:I don't ever watch hockey except for the Olympics... same for curling or downhill or even much of the x game sports. But I'll watch them all every four years. Shawn white last night was amazing in the snowboarding half pipe... incredible drama and an amazing performance on the last run of the competition. I'll usually watch the figure skating finals... but it's not a big draw for me. I could watch almost any sport with a gold medal on the line. The Olympics are the pinnacle of sports... period.

I love the Olympics. So happy Shaun won the gold.

1612017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 2/15/2018, 12:15 am

2seaoat

A bunch of kids hot dogging it on boards, and somebody says.....hey.....lets make it an Olympic sport.  X games are cute.  I prefer watching athletes.  What next skateboarding in the summer olympics?

Video gaming for summer olympics, or synchronized swimming? Don't have to choose, just add chit....how about curling?

1622017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 2/15/2018, 1:39 am

2seaoat

Bill Walton in the announcing booth is like going to the dentist. He makes you want to turn off the game. The two other announcers are trying to tell us about the game, but Walton is comparing KD to Jobs......he just sucks the air out of the game.

1632017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 2/15/2018, 5:26 am

Telstar

Telstar

Watch: Steve Kerr Gives Strong Statement on Gun Violence in Light of Florida School Shooting

Nothing has been done. It doesn't seem to matter to our government that children are being shot to death day after day in schools. It doesn't matter that people are being shot at a concert, at a movie theater. It's not enough, apparently, to move our leadership, our government, the people who are running this country to actually do anything. That's demoralizing. But we can do something about it. We can vote people in who actually have the courage to protect people's lives, not just bow down to the NRA because they've financed their campaign for them. Hopefully we'll find enough people, first of all to vote, get people in, but hopefully we'll find enough people to actually help our citizens remain safe and focus on the real safety issues, not building some stupid wall for millions of dollars that has nothing to do with our safety, but actually protecting us from what truly is dangerous, which is maniacs with semi-automatic weapons just slaughtering our children. It's disgusting.

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/02/14/steve-kerr-talks-florida-high-school-shooting-gun-violence-video

1642017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 2/15/2018, 10:39 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:A bunch of kids hot dogging it on boards, and somebody says.....hey.....lets make it an Olympic sport.  X games are cute.  I prefer watching athletes.  What next skateboarding in the summer olympics?

Video gaming for summer olympics, or synchronized swimming?  Don't have to choose, just add chit....how about curling?

Snow boarding is a very popular sport.

1652017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 2/15/2018, 11:01 pm

2seaoat

So is bowling. My son was an avid snowboarder and we would drive him up to Wisconsin with his buddies and they would just have fun doing tricks, but Olympics......I guess the winter Olympics are so bogus that it all works. I like pure athletic competition and calling a skier like Bodie an athlete in my mind is a stretch. The winter Olympics is all about specialty x like games for a handful of nordic states. I really followed it in the late sixties when I was into skiing, but soon realized for the most part.....bobsled probably turned me off to the whole winter games.

1662017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 2/19/2018, 12:04 am

2seaoat

NBA all star game has been fun. These athletes are special. Jimmie Butler is sitting and I hope it is nothing serious, but he really got beat up in the game Thursday night.

1672017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 2/23/2018, 9:01 pm

2seaoat

Houston vs the Wolves. I am going to be back in happy lane. So much talent.

1682017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 3/5/2018, 1:08 am

2seaoat

The wolves have lost Butler with a meniscus tear and surgery. It will be six weeks or mid April before he could possibly be back. The West is incredibly talented and tight. I still say keep an eye on the bucks in the east. Parker is back and getting better with each week.

1692017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 3/8/2018, 10:28 pm

2seaoat

The wild west continues. My timberwolves may not make the playoffs. Butler is huge, and in his absence the wolves do not have what it takes. They picked up Rose, but I do not see him making much of a contribution.

1702017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 3/8/2018, 11:09 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Did you see Brown fall?

1712017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 3/9/2018, 11:27 am

2seaoat

That was the worse fall I have ever observed on a basketball court. My wife freaked. I still have not heard how he is doing. He is lucky he did not snap his neck.

1722017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 3/9/2018, 2:00 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I thought at least a spinal cord contusion judging by his arm movement when he hit the floor. Class act by the entire Minnesota fan base.

1732017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 3/11/2018, 5:54 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

For Seaoat....Timberwolves over the Warriors.

Missed s lot of the game, busy watching Tiger. Sharing second with Patrick Reed. So happy for Tiger.

1742017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 3/11/2018, 6:35 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

Joanimaroni wrote:For Seaoat....Timberwolves over the Warriors.

Missed s lot of the game, busy watching Tiger. Sharing second with Patrick Reed. So happy for Tiger.

Me too. He let off the gas a little on that approach and long put to send it to a playoff. Fun to see though.

1752017-18  NBA Basketball - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017-18 NBA Basketball 3/11/2018, 7:05 pm

2seaoat

I watched the entire warrior/wolves game and feel very sad. When Rose came into the game the wolves were up by eight. When he left the wolves were down by ten. It is a sad reality that most players never come back 100% after one major injury, but three knee surgeries and he is done. I love the loyalty Thibs has for his players. I have been really down on the way Wiggins has been unable to step up, but today he was in the game the entire 4 quarters and Towns just dominated. The Warriors are way out of sync.

We are building docks today, and it has be very painful. I believe the work is keeping me going, but not too much longer. Big week on inspections and dealing with chaos. I will be so happy when I can wrap things up and simply fade away.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum