Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Solar eclipse on Monday

+5
RealLindaL
Telstar
zsomething
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Solar eclipse on Monday - Page 2 Empty Re: Solar eclipse on Monday 8/20/2017, 6:02 pm

Telstar

Telstar

asciighost wrote:
2seaoat wrote:When I experienced a full eclipse as a child it was one of those moments in your life which is seared into your memory.  You think about what ancient people thought when these events happened.

Amazing how people love to think about a world without Jesus. As if he is guilty for all the failures of men/women organizing religions for power.

27Solar eclipse on Monday - Page 2 Empty Re: Solar eclipse on Monday 8/20/2017, 8:56 pm

bigdog

I wonder what dogs and cats will think tomorrow during the eclipse?
I wonder what they think about even when there is no eclipse?

28Solar eclipse on Monday - Page 2 Empty Re: Solar eclipse on Monday 8/20/2017, 9:13 pm

RealLindaL

bigdog wrote:I wonder what dogs and cats will think tomorrow during the eclipse?

How can they actually think, in our sense of the word, with no language? Think about it. lol

29Solar eclipse on Monday - Page 2 Empty Re: Solar eclipse on Monday 8/20/2017, 10:40 pm

2seaoat

language is not a prerequisite of thought......we have plenty of examples.

30Solar eclipse on Monday - Page 2 Empty Re: Solar eclipse on Monday 8/21/2017, 12:06 am

Telstar

Telstar

bigdog wrote:I wonder what dogs and cats will think tomorrow during the eclipse?

31Solar eclipse on Monday - Page 2 Empty Re: Solar eclipse on Monday 8/21/2017, 12:12 am

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:

How can they actually think, in our sense of the word, with no language?  Think about it.  lol

32Solar eclipse on Monday - Page 2 Empty Re: Solar eclipse on Monday 8/21/2017, 1:10 am

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:language is not a prerequisite of thought......we have plenty of examples.

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2002/03/scientists-think-that-animals-think/

For some people, such research will not provide a satisfactory answer to the question: Do animals really think? These people define thinking as having a sense of self, beliefs that go beyond raw perceptions, emotions such as empathy, and the ability to imagine a situation remote in time and place and predict an outcome.

“Those capabilities cannot be illuminated by brain scanning,” Hauser admits. “But experiments using other techniques are beginning to shed light on what kinds of perceptual and computation skills animals bring to analyzing the world, and in what ways these skills are different from our own.”

33Solar eclipse on Monday - Page 2 Empty Re: Solar eclipse on Monday 8/21/2017, 1:37 am

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
2seaoat wrote:language is not a prerequisite of thought......we have plenty of examples.

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2002/03/scientists-think-that-animals-think/

For some people, such research will not provide a satisfactory answer to the question: Do animals really think? These people define thinking as having a sense of self, beliefs that go beyond raw perceptions, emotions such as empathy, and the ability to imagine a situation remote in time and place and predict an outcome.

“Those capabilities cannot be illuminated by brain scanning,” Hauser admits. “But experiments using other techniques are beginning to shed light on what kinds of perceptual and computation skills animals bring to analyzing the world, and in what ways these skills are different from our own.”

34Solar eclipse on Monday - Page 2 Empty Re: Solar eclipse on Monday 8/21/2017, 8:28 am

knothead

knothead

We are fortunate in that we are located in the path of 100% totality for a whopping 2:40 today . . . . going out with friends on Barkley Lake and tie up in a bay with a fairly large group of friends . . . . gonna be hot today so lots of water and Gatorade and enjoy the moment . . . . . something to remember for sure.

35Solar eclipse on Monday - Page 2 Empty Re: Solar eclipse on Monday 8/21/2017, 9:43 am

zsomething

Well, we've just been informed that the eclipse... IS THE WORK OF SATAN!

COOL! Now I'm even more interested!

36Solar eclipse on Monday - Page 2 Empty Re: Solar eclipse on Monday 8/21/2017, 9:50 am

Telstar

Telstar

zsomething wrote:Well, we've just been informed that the eclipse... IS THE WORK OF SATAN!

COOL!  Now I'm even more interested!  

Imagine that. With all the time satan spends working with president death, he still has time to spend on the eclipse. sunny

37Solar eclipse on Monday - Page 2 Empty Re: Solar eclipse on Monday 8/21/2017, 9:53 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

SAAaatAn? Don't worry... just sacrifice a pokemon on your phone to block possession.

38Solar eclipse on Monday - Page 2 Empty Re: Solar eclipse on Monday 8/21/2017, 9:54 am

zsomething

Telstar wrote:

Imagine that. With all the time satan spends working with president death, he still has time to spend on the eclipse. sunny

And between all that time he spends hiding dinosaur bones to test people's faith! He's a busy fella. He's done a lot in the 6,000 years since the universe was created!

39Solar eclipse on Monday - Page 2 Empty Re: Solar eclipse on Monday 8/21/2017, 10:07 am

Telstar

Telstar

zsomething wrote:
Telstar wrote:

And between all that time he spends hiding dinosaur bones to test people's faith!  He's a busy fella.   He's done a lot in the 6,000 years since the universe was created!

He has the whole world in his claws.

40Solar eclipse on Monday - Page 2 Empty Re: Solar eclipse on Monday 8/21/2017, 11:32 am

2seaoat

A very cloudy and overcast day here in Illinois. All I will see is it darken, and then lighten up again......bummer.

41Solar eclipse on Monday - Page 2 Empty Re: Solar eclipse on Monday 8/21/2017, 12:32 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

http://www.ibtimes.com/total-solar-eclipse-weather-forecast-will-clouds-block-your-view-2579708

42Solar eclipse on Monday - Page 2 Empty Re: Solar eclipse on Monday 8/21/2017, 3:56 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum