Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The First Black Monday in the NFL

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The First Black Monday in the NFL Empty The First Black Monday in the NFL 12/31/2012, 12:18 pm

Well SeaOat the first axe has dropped on NFL head coaching and unfortunately it is Lovie Smith, your beloved Bears coach.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000119943/article/lovie-smith-fired-by-chicago-bears

Captn Kaoz

Captn Kaoz

Wow. That was one I didn't expect.

2seaoat

I have mixed feelings. On a personal level Lovie Smith is a good man who you want the best.......but as a Bear fan......he should of been replaced three years ago. He would collect all these former head coaches.....Lovie's kind heart gave no continuity, and he was clueless on the offensive side of the game. I saw last week that he was in the number 10 position for Black Monday firings......and I was hopeful they would make a change, but the reality is the defense is aged, and the offensive line is probably the bottom five in the league. It will take a couple years to right this ship, but I wish the best for Lovie.

Captn Kaoz wrote:Wow. That was one I didn't expect.

You got that right. Once the first axe fell, it was a snowball effect from then on.

Romeo Crennel- Kansas City
Pat Shumar - Cleveland Browns - Look out Cleveland here come Nick Saban.
Chan Gailey - Buffalo
Andy Reid - Philadelphia

Lots of opening for Jon Gruden to choose from.

2seaoat

Rex Ryan getting the ax would be poetic justice. He is really a poor motivator, and as much as I do not think Tebow is a NFL quality QB....he should have played Tim in the last game.......Ryan lacks class in my opinion. He is all self promotion, and has no idea how to lead.

2seaoat wrote:I have mixed feelings. On a personal level Lovie Smith is a good man who you want the best.......but as a Bear fan......he should of been replaced three years ago. He would collect all these former head coaches.....Lovie's kind heart gave no continuity, and he was clueless on the offensive side of the game. I saw last week that he was in the number 10 position for Black Monday firings......and I was hopeful they would make a change, but the reality is the defense is aged, and the offensive line is probably the bottom five in the league. It will take a couple years to right this ship, but I wish the best for Lovie.

With Lovie's defensive knowledge he will most certainly land in a position of his choice.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Andy Reid was certainly not a surprise.

Joanimaroni wrote:Andy Reid was certainly not a surprise.

Not in the least, as were most of the others. The only one that really comes as a surprise to me was Chicago's Lovie Smith.

2seaoat

Not in the least, as were most of the others. The only one that really comes as a surprise to me was Chicago's Lovie Smith.

You knew he was in trouble by the way Brian defended him against the fans and press last week......his players knew, and I think management pretty much warned him if he did not make the playoffs........He had a long career in Chicago....just shy of a decade, and in today's coaching world this was a long and established career.

I hope Rex is shown the door....what he did to Tebow was not the way you treat other human beings........they were out of the playoffs, and what would the harm have been to give the man some of his dignity back. Sure he will not be a NFL QB.....but class usually cannot be taught.....it is inherent....and Rex Ryan lacks class.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum