Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game of thrones season 7 starts

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Game of thrones season 7 starts Empty Game of thrones season 7 starts 7/17/2017, 10:26 pm

2seaoat

Absolutely the best tv. Blows any prior mini series out of the water. The sets alone are breathtaking.

PkrBum

PkrBum

I'm saving the first episode until this weekend when I have another bunch coming up here. If I can wait that long... lol. Several of them are fans too. It really is an amazing show.

Telstar

Telstar

I like the first season but waiting for the series to end so I can binge watch. Hard not to like a series that depicts Bush's severed head on top of a pole. If the writers had guts they would do the same with the tyrant that now inhabits the White House throne. Would be great to see that golden room washed in one percent blue blood Very Happy

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:I'm saving the first episode until this weekend when I have another bunch coming up here. If I can wait that long... lol. Several of them are fans too. It really is an amazing show.

You are staying busy!

PkrBum

PkrBum

Joanimaroni wrote:
PkrBum wrote:I'm saving the first episode until this weekend when I have another bunch coming up here. If I can wait that long... lol. Several of them are fans too. It really is an amazing show.

You are staying busy!

I love it..!! I'll have my kids all together for the first time since Christmas. Plus other assorted relatives.

There are 14 confirmed so far... lol.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I love it, full of love and laughter.

My heart was so full this week...watching 5 of my grandkids sitting on the dock fishing. It ended up with 3 sharing one working rod and reel....sharing for hours.

2seaoat

My wife and I enjoy to watch it together. So with HBO now on Roku, we have to watch all shows the next day. So we set a time when both of us want to watch. I remember when the kids were in high school and we would watch the Sopranos, and they brought friends over on Sunday night and we had popcorn and half the neighborhood at our house. Great tv and sharing time......priceless.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Joanimaroni wrote:I love it, full of love and laughter.

My heart was so full this week...watching 5 of my grandkids sitting on the dock fishing. It ended up with 3 sharing one working rod and reel....sharing for hours.

Luckily I've got plenty of fishing rods... and even some cane poles... lol. I'm trying to stay off of my feet so that the sciatica doesn't act up... but I think of something to do every five minutes... lol. I can't wait.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:I love it, full of love and laughter.

Luckily I've got plenty of fishing rods... and even some cane poles... lol. I'm trying to stay off of my feet so that the sciatica doesn't act up... but I think of something to do every five minutes... lol. I can't wait.

Excited for you!

2seaoat

Watched the season opener again this morning and it simply was spectacular. I wanted to see what all the tweeter traffic was about on Ed sheeran. I thought the scene where he was singing as they were cooking rabbit was some of the best dialogue. A real indication that the writers are challenging some of the main characters ambivalence to killing as arya looks at their swords but hears the gentle banter of kind people who invited her to share their rabbit. The burial of the father and daughter after the hound destroyed their future by robbing them, was more mellowing of the main characters. Ed sheeran is one of the first cameos and coupling that with the softening of some of the main characters caused a huge twitter negative response, and Ed Sheeran shut his tweeter account down. I have always been a fan of the hound, and there were attempts to soften him last year with his living with those who saved his life and were a simple gentle people......I think game of thrones fans like the old hound.

PkrBum

PkrBum

There's something about the hound that makes you pull for him. I'm not sure what it is... he's a raw old sob.

2seaoat

I think we all wish we could be as blunt as he is, but as we age there is a tendency to do exactly the same things that the hound does. I do not want to spoil your viewing, but you are going to see a trend in softening by the writers which is bringing simple peaceful cohabitation paradigms into the series where the zero sum wars and games to gain power are being given a new context. The first episode had breathtaking imagery. I will watch it a third time later this week. I did the same in a couple of the battle scenes. Brilliant writing which transport the viewer to this strange world.

PkrBum

PkrBum

I broke down and watched it last night... lol. But I'll gladly watch it another time or two. It's the best television I've ever seen... and that includes Bates Hotel... which was sublime.

PkrBum

PkrBum

These are pretty good recaps of each episode:

PkrBum

PkrBum

2seaoat

Hackers have gotten 5 GOT scripts and are holding them for a ransom. What a goofy world that people would pay to keep a script from going public.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum