Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game of thrones HBO

+2
PkrBum
2seaoat
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Game of thrones HBO Empty Game of thrones HBO 12/18/2018, 3:56 pm

2seaoat

Watching the reruns now. Masterful.

2Game of thrones HBO Empty Re: Game of thrones HBO 12/18/2018, 4:15 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

It really is fantastic. Can't wait for the last season.

Have you watched Sharp Objects? Only 8 episodes. Very well done.

3Game of thrones HBO Empty Re: Game of thrones HBO 12/19/2018, 3:32 am

Telstar

Telstar

I think this is the final season. Sad to think it's the last for both GOT and Gotham.

4Game of thrones HBO Empty Re: Game of thrones HBO 12/19/2018, 4:01 pm

bigdog

Agree that GOT is one of the best things ever on television. I've gotten very tired of the long delays between seasons though and am ready for either Jon Snow or the Calisi to sit on that throne.
I understand a prequel is coming soon. That might be interesting.

Oddly enough, Stannis Barathian was my favorite character on the show, at least until he burned his poor daughter at the stake. Not nice at all. He's the only one that really seemed like he should be a king though.
 The ultimate stoic. Fixing to get his head cut off and all he said was "oh go ahead, do your duty."  What a cool character.
I really hate fantasy and science fiction, but sometimes the writing and the characters are so well developed that they lure me in. GOT has it all together.

5Game of thrones HBO Empty Re: Game of thrones HBO 4/22/2019, 5:16 pm

bigdog

Okay, definitely time for an update.  Does anyone have any theories on the end of the series? I formed one last night that I think will be involved somehow in the end. Samwell Tarley is not the coward he has always seemed, we kind of know that. And he is angry with Dany over her cruel execution of both his brother and his father.
I think that one of two things will happen, both involving Samwell killing Dany in the end. Either he will see that she is not going to give his friend Jon the throne, no matter what, and will have had enough of her. He will kill her, Jon will take the throne, and will have to execute his best friend for killing Dany. We've heard the show will have a sad ending, and this would definitely be just that.
OR, Jon may be killed in battle, with only Dany left to rule. This will be too much for Samwell to take, and he will kill Dany. Left to rule the kingdom then would be Gendry Barathian and Arya Stark, who will definitely marry and become the rulers of the 7 kingdoms.
I don't think Dany deserves the honor anyway- she has shown an evil side in some of the past shows that should eliminate her from being queen.
Now it's in writing so everyone can make fun of my post in 6 weeks. Anybody else want to take a stab at it that might embarrass you later?

6Game of thrones HBO Empty Re: Game of thrones HBO 4/27/2019, 12:06 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Not sure how it will end but I'm sure when it does a lot of Libertarian pot heads will be crying their eyes out. The libtards go in BIG for that sword and fantasy stuff and they always talk up GOT. I like it but for them it seems to be a way of life. Twisted Evil

7Game of thrones HBO Empty Re: Game of thrones HBO 4/27/2019, 12:25 pm

bigdog

Well, it's probably because so many libertarian and liberal potheads grew up playing video games that caused brain rot. Very Happy
Unfortunately, being nearly 70, I can't even claim that as an excuse. I started watching it out of old lady lust for Sean Bean. Then they proceeded to chop his head off at the end of season one.
It's a hateful series, for sure.

8Game of thrones HBO Empty Re: Game of thrones HBO 4/27/2019, 12:35 pm

RealLindaL

Never watched it and suppose I'm culturally deprived, but probably happier for it.

Budget's also happier for not paying for premium channels.

9Game of thrones HBO Empty Re: Game of thrones HBO 4/27/2019, 2:29 pm

Telstar

Telstar

I only watched season one. Have them all on discs and will watch them all after the show goes dark. The only actor on the show I like is Peter Dinklage. I've been a fan of his since The Station Agent. If you haven't seen that you should.

10Game of thrones HBO Empty Re: Game of thrones HBO 4/27/2019, 5:47 pm

bigdog

I saw that movie a year or so ago. Very good movie with lots of twists and turns. He's an excellent actor, that's for sure. GOT has had good fortune in having so many great actors sign on.

11Game of thrones HBO Empty Re: Game of thrones HBO 4/27/2019, 7:41 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

RealLindaL wrote:Never watched it and suppose I'm culturally deprived, but probably happier for it.

Glad to hear I am not alone!

12Game of thrones HBO Empty Re: Game of thrones HBO 4/28/2019, 12:45 am

RealLindaL

Joanimaroni wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:Never watched it and suppose I'm culturally deprived, but probably happier for it.

So am I!!   Smile

13Game of thrones HBO Empty Re: Game of thrones HBO 4/28/2019, 8:06 am

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

So am I!!   Smile

You can probably find copies of the series, or any series, at your local library. Screw the premium channels. You probably have no interest in the new Marvel move Avengers Endgame. The comic book series that is wrapping up with a 3 hr epic. Like GOT it's violent but without the buckets of blood and gore. It smashed all box office records by raking in $156 million on Friday alone. Breaking records in China too. Some jerk stood outside a Hong Kong theater shouting plot spoilers at the crowds waiting to get in. The crowd beat the crap out of the poor fool. Twisted Evil

14Game of thrones HBO Empty Re: Game of thrones HBO 4/28/2019, 2:21 pm

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:You can probably find copies of the series, or any series, at your local library. Screw the premium channels. You probably have no interest in the new Marvel move Avengers Endgame. The comic book series that is wrapping up with a 3 hr epic. Like GOT it's violent but without the buckets of blood and gore. It smashed all box office records by raking in $156 million on Friday alone. Breaking records in China too. Some jerk stood outside a Hong Kong theater shouting plot spoilers at the crowds waiting to get in. The crowd beat the crap out of the poor fool. Twisted Evil

Interesting, Tel.   You're right about my lack of desire to see Avengers Endgame (or any Marvel movies, really), but it's good that you're our local expert on pop culture.  Somebody's gotta do it.   Smile

15Game of thrones HBO Empty Re: Game of thrones HBO 4/28/2019, 4:40 pm

bigdog

Well, I'm an anti-comic-book movie snob- I really hate super-hero  movies, along with movies that lean too heavily on special effects. Unfortunately, that's most movies out there now. I never watched an entire Star Wars movie (I actually walked out on one), a Lord of the Rings Movie or any of those hogwarty things out there.
But, my snobbery doesn't keep me away from great acting and movies or series where the actors  get to really develop their characters. There has to be a real story if i'm going to watch something, and Game of Thrones actually surprised me in having all of that. They dragged me into the first season by tossing in Sean Bean for some "gravitas" and that was that. It's a great show. The Walking Dead also surprised me  for the first few seasons.  The Characters were people you really cared about and the zombies were an afterthought. I quit watching it when Negan came on and it became a comic book war between good and evil with overblown acting.

I think GOT surprised a lot of people who thought they wouldn't like it but then decided to give it a chance. That's why it's so popular.

16Game of thrones HBO Empty Re: Game of thrones HBO 4/28/2019, 5:26 pm

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
Telstar wrote:You can probably find copies of the series, or any series, at your local library. Screw the premium channels. You probably have no interest in the new Marvel move Avengers Endgame. The comic book series that is wrapping up with a 3 hr epic. Like GOT it's violent but without the buckets of blood and gore. It smashed all box office records by raking in $156 million on Friday alone. Breaking records in China too. Some jerk stood outside a Hong Kong theater shouting plot spoilers at the crowds waiting to get in. The crowd beat the crap out of the poor fool. Twisted Evil

Interesting, Tel.   You're right about my lack of desire to see Avengers Endgame (or any Marvel movies, really), but it's good that you're our local expert on pop culture.  Somebody's gotta do it.   Smile

Yup, but I miss Bob. We both enjoyed rasslin' and cult movies.

17Game of thrones HBO Empty Re: Game of thrones HBO 4/28/2019, 5:40 pm

Telstar

Telstar

bigdog wrote:Well, I'm an anti-comic-book movie snob- I really hate super-hero  movies, along with movies that lean too heavily on special effects. Unfortunately, that's most movies out there now. I never watched an entire Star Wars movie (I actually walked out on one), a Lord of the Rings Movie or any of those hogwarty things out there.
But, my snobbery doesn't keep me away from great acting and movies or series where the actors  get to really develop their characters. There has to be a real story if i'm going to watch something, and Game of Thrones actually surprised me in having all of that. They dragged me into the first season by tossing in Sean Bean for some "gravitas" and that was that. It's a great show.  The Walking Dead also surprised me  for the first few seasons.  The Characters were people you really cared about and the zombies were an afterthought. I quit watching it when Negan came on and it became a comic book war between good and evil with overblown acting.

I think GOT surprised a lot of people who thought they wouldn't like it but then decided to give it a chance. That's why it's so popular.

What Star Wars did you walk out on? I hated the first one because I was expecting something thought provoking like 2001 and not a space jockey remake of The Searchers. I was on board with the second one, a much better movie. Agree about The Walking Dead. LOVED True Blood from a while back. HBO is doing a Chernobyl series and a one night return to Deadwood. Took a sneak peak at this season of GOT and heard this gem, Q: What do you feed a dragon anyway? A: Anything it wants. Laughing

18Game of thrones HBO Empty Re: Game of thrones HBO 4/28/2019, 5:42 pm

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

I''m sorry -- and I miss Bob, too, but not to the same extent you do, I'm sure.    Sad      I guess we can always hope someone else with your very same interests will stumble upon this forum, one of these days.

19Game of thrones HBO Empty Re: Game of thrones HBO 4/28/2019, 5:55 pm

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
Telstar wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

I''m sorry -- and I miss Bob, too, but not to the same extent you do, I'm sure.    Sad      I guess we can always hope someone else with your very same interests will stumble upon this forum, one of these days.

Not that I talked to him that much because he passed away too soon. I know he loved Tor Johnson and it's hard not to like anyone who does.

20Game of thrones HBO Empty Re: Game of thrones HBO 4/28/2019, 7:28 pm

bigdog

Telstar wrote:
bigdog wrote:Well, I'm an anti-comic-book movie snob- I really hate super-hero  movies, along with movies that lean too heavily on special effects. Unfortunately, that's most movies out there now. I never watched an entire Star Wars movie (I actually walked out on one), a Lord of the Rings Movie or any of those hogwarty things out there.
But, my snobbery doesn't keep me away from great acting and movies or series where the actors  get to really develop their characters. There has to be a real story if i'm going to watch something, and Game of Thrones actually surprised me in having all of that. They dragged me into the first season by tossing in Sean Bean for some "gravitas" and that was that. It's a great show.  The Walking Dead also surprised me  for the first few seasons.  The Characters were people you really cared about and the zombies were an afterthought. I quit watching it when Negan came on and it became a comic book war between good and evil with overblown acting.

What Star Wars did you walk out on? I hated the first one because I was expecting something thought provoking like 2001 and not a space jockey remake of The Searchers. I was on board with the second one, a much better movie. Agree about The Walking Dead. LOVED True Blood from a while back. HBO is doing a Chernobyl series and a one night return to Deadwood. Took a sneak peak at this season of GOT and heard this gem, Q: What do you feed a dragon anyway? A: Anything it wants. Laughing

It was the second Star Wars that I walked out on. My husband and daughter and I went to see the first one at a drive-in and I fell asleep shortly after it started. Slept in the back seat through the whole thing. Then the second one was showing at University Mall, so I went again, just to humor my husband and daughter, and walked out about 15 minutes into it. Harrison Ford was fighting with something that looked like muppets to me in a cave, if I remember right, and I just couldn't take it anymore. I went out into the mall, shopped at the bookstore, went to Penneys and had a very nice evening. I never even tried to see any more of the series. Fighting muppets is a little too much for me to take.

I'm planning to watch Chernobyl and have been promising myself I would binge watch Deadwood one day. I've never seen anything but some clips of it and it looked good. We went up to South Dakota with our camper about 3 years ago and spend a day in Deadwood. It's a beautiful part of the country. The black hills are so gorgeous and rugged and you can see prairie dogs popping up on both sides of the highway. It's one of the places we've been that we loved the best. We might just go back one day.

We'll just say I really didn't know what America the Beautiful meant until we got our camper. It's the best thing we ever did.

21Game of thrones HBO Empty Re: Game of thrones HBO 4/29/2019, 5:19 am

Telstar

Telstar

bigdog wrote:
Telstar wrote:

It was the second Star Wars that I walked out on. My husband and daughter and I went to see the first one at a drive-in and I fell asleep shortly after it started. Slept in the back seat through the whole thing. Then the second one was showing at University Mall, so I went again, just to humor my husband and daughter, and walked out about 15 minutes into it. Harrison Ford was fighting with something that looked like muppets to me in a cave, if I remember right, and I just couldn't take it anymore. I went out into the mall, shopped at the bookstore, went to Penneys and had a very nice evening. I never even tried to see any more of the series. Fighting muppets is a little too much for me to take.

I'm planning to watch Chernobyl and have been promising myself I would binge watch Deadwood one day. I've never seen anything but some clips of it and it looked good. We went up to South Dakota with our camper about 3 years ago and spend a day in Deadwood. It's a beautiful part of the country. The black hills are so gorgeous and rugged and you can see prairie dogs popping up on both sides of the highway. It's one of the places we've been that we loved the best. We might just go back one day.

We'll just say I really didn't know what America the Beautiful meant until we got our camper. It's the best thing we ever did.

The most ironic thing to me about the original Star Wars trilogy is that Alec Guinness, sadly,  seems to be mostly remembered for that these days. Robin Weigert as Calamity Jane in Deadwood is a trip. She can outfight, outdrink and outstink any man.

22Game of thrones HBO Empty Re: Game of thrones HBO 4/29/2019, 5:46 pm

bigdog

Arya certainly knew which end of her knife was the pointy end last night. She's the real star of the show, IMO, not Jon or Dany. Enjoyed the episode, but I had to look online to see who had actually died because my screen was so dark. I wasn't too sure about Brianna. I guess she lived to fight another day.
When I think of Alec Guiness, I think of the Bridge on the River Kwai and also of his comedy roles back in the 50's. He really inspired a lot of the British comedy of the last half of the twentieth century. He was the inspiration for a guy named Peter Cook, who was one of the funniest people who ever lived, along with Peter Sellers, the Pythons and even Rowan Atkinson. His legacy in British comedy is long and really still there today. I appreciate him because there's nothing in the world I like better than silly, black British comedy.

23Game of thrones HBO Empty Re: Game of thrones HBO 5/20/2019, 4:22 pm

bigdog

OH well, GOT is history now, not REAL history of course but TV history. That is, until they do the prequel I've heard HBO is already planning.
It ended an episode too soon. An entire episode could have been done on how it was revealed the Jon Snow killed Dany- after all, only he and the dragon knew the truth. Then they could have had the trial, and who the heck set up that stupid ruling committee that suddenly showed up with 15 minutes left in the series? We will never know. Also, literally no one I know wanted Bran to be king. The young man isn't much of an actor and has had less screen time than almost any other character on the series. He is boring, boring, boring. We also do not know if he is Bran again or that stupid three-eyed raven thing.
But, all of the remaining Stark children are on their way to new adventures, so HBO can make lots of sequels. The only one that would interest me is if Arya discovered America prior to the Vikings. That might be interesting. And Tyrion still lives and is the only one left on the series with half a brain, which is lucky, since he will now be in charge of running everything for the king- who will be sitting in his wheelchair staring at the sky in a  trance until the end of time. That's pretty much all that actor is capable of doing.
It's going to be a very quiet, peaceful reign.

24Game of thrones HBO Empty Re: Game of thrones HBO 5/20/2019, 5:04 pm

Telstar

Telstar

bigdog wrote:OH well, GOT is history now, not REAL history of course but TV history. That is, until they do the prequel I've heard HBO is already planning.
It ended an episode too soon. An entire episode could have been done on how it was revealed the Jon Snow killed Dany- after all, only he and the dragon knew the truth. Then they could have had the trial, and who the heck set up that stupid ruling committee that suddenly showed up with 15 minutes left in the series? We will never know. Also, literally no one I know wanted Bran to be king. The young man isn't much of an actor and has had less screen time than almost any other character on the series. He is boring, boring, boring. We also do not know if he is Bran again or that stupid three-eyed raven thing.
But, all of the remaining Stark children are on their way to new adventures, so HBO can make lots of sequels. The only one that would interest me is if Arya discovered America prior to the Vikings. That might be interesting. And Tyrion still lives and is the only one left on the series with half a brain, which is lucky, since he will now be in charge of running everything for the king- who will be sitting in his wheelchair staring at the sky in a  trance until the end of time. That's pretty much all that actor is capable of doing.
It's going to be a very quiet, peaceful reign.

Yeah Bran may be dull and stupid but so was Claudius and he turned out to be a pretty good Emperor.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum