Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

police assasinations are unacceptable and must be met with certain Justice

+4
knothead
PkrBum
del.capslock
2seaoat
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

del.capslock wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:The guy was running from Ard and avoided numerous commands to stop.  He was found in a construction site at 2 in the morning. You failed to mention that little bit of information.

What, did some member of the forum reveal that to you in a private, confidential message and you revealed it to the whole forum?

In addition to being thoroughly despicable, you're stupid. The city would never have settled for $500,000 dollars if their was ANY evidence the kid was wrongo. In addition, there's the matter of that piece-of-shit Ard throwing down a gun.

I think there's a cop bar downtown he hangs out at, if you wanna hook-up with him--just like the rest of the scurvy badge-bunnies. I heard he's got a fetish for ugly old bitches.

Here's a picture of him at the scene so you can recognize him. He's the lard-ass in the dark shirt, sorta looks like a pig. The other guy's his LAWYER--at the scene, mind you. Didn't take him long to lawyer up, did it.

police assasinations are unacceptable and must be met with certain Justice - Page 2 KA66cXE

You are a real dipshit.

del.capslock

del.capslock

Joanimaroni wrote:You are a real dipshit.

Coming from you, that's high praise.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

PkrBum

PkrBum

del.capslock wrote:In addition to being thoroughly despicable, you're stupid. The city would never have settled for $500,000 dollars if their was ANY evidence the kid was wrongo.

Their u haf et folks... Dip.clap calling someone stupid while fucking up the English language.

Lol... what a poser. Without Google, spell check, and public assistance he would be left to playing pong in his mother's basement.

del.capslock

del.capslock

PkrBum wrote: playing pong in his mother's basement.

It's not MY mother's basement, it's YOUR mother's basement and it ain't Pong we're playing.

2seaoat

Victor died because an officer lacked training and judgment. It was a reckless accident which should have gone before the grand jury. When they conducted a coroners inquest instead of the grand jury, you knew the accusations of planting a gun on the young man was a very real possibility. I have in my entire life never seen a coroner inquest being substituted for a grand jury. This insulated the SA office from having to convict possibly a number of police officers. Shooting a taser at a bike and its rider is reckless, and unless the officer thought his life or a member of the public's life was at immediate risk, the officer should have been prosecuted. It is one thing to be reckless, but to allegedly plant a weapon, and take the review of evidence from a grand jury.....that takes intentional acts and those folks are what makes our system so desperately in need of change.

If that was my son riding the bike, officer Ard would still be in jail. The narrative that victor was less than human is what needs to be changed in America. He was a child on a bike, not the black thug committing a crime. Pensacola is more racist than anything I ever saw in Birmingham in the last 20 years. I honestly do not know how this will change when there was a clear chance to do the right thing with Victor.

del.capslock

del.capslock

2seaoat wrote:Victor died because an officer lacked training and judgment.  

That sentence should read "Victor died because an officer lacked training and judgment and the entire criminal justice system covered it up for him."

The kid was a victim not of just that one cop but of the entire system. The police, the prosecutor, the city, the coroner, the press, they ALL covered for this cop. Even the Steen family lawyer managed to get a quick settlement so the whole incident would die quickly.

The business about the gun was hardly even mentioned in the press despite the fact that any gun can be easily traced. Nobody was even curious about it. I doubt if the gun is even in an evidence locker anymore.

The true outrage is that Ard is still a cop on the Pensacola Police Department and no one cares.

2seaoat

I was sick to my stomach that in America this could happen to a child. Lack of training is obvious, but to shoot a taser out of a moving squad car at a kid on a bike could only happen with an officer who did not look at that child as a human being.......he was something less, and the closing of the ranks when only five years ago blacks and whites were segregated in jail in Escambia County tells me like Commissioner May's wrongful stop that there still remains a cancer which as certain as the sun will rise, another human being well be wrongfully killed. I only hope that training has become a significant line budget item, but then we know that is not the case.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

del.capslock wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Victor died because an officer lacked training and judgment.  

That sentence should read "Victor died because an officer lacked training and judgment and the entire criminal justice system covered it up for him."

The kid was a victim not of just that one cop but of the entire system. The police, the prosecutor, the city, the coroner, the press, they ALL covered for this cop. Even the Steen family lawyer managed to get a quick settlement so the whole incident would die quickly.

The business about the gun was hardly even mentioned in the press despite the fact that any gun can be easily traced. Nobody was even curious about it. I doubt if the gun is even in an evidence locker anymore.

The true outrage is that Ard is still a cop on the Pensacola Police Department and no one cares.

You have zero evidence of that made up tid-bit. You have no evidence of a gun be g planted or a huge cover-up consisting of EVERYONE in the city. Speculation only!

2seaoat

People would have not been speculating if this had properly been brought before the grand jury, and a real investigation of the gun and ammo had been conducted. The cover up is not speculation. Whether the gun was planted is completely irrelevant to the question why was the grand jury not convened. The answer is that the citizens would have recommended an indictment without question, and the coroner inquest gave the SA cover. Honestly, I have seen few cases in my 36 years of interaction with the criminal justice system which turns my stomach more than this case. It happened just like I predicted. The family was bought off in a civil wrongful death action, without one review of the evidence before a jury. It forever will be a stain on the criminal justice system in Escambia County.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Coroner inquests started in the early 90's.

2seaoat

Coroner inquests started in the early 90's.

Their scope by definition does not allow the review of the elements of a crime.  They have no more bearing on what should be presented to a grand jury than the correlation between a doctor setting a broken arm, and a barber cutting some hair.   They both have a purpose, but if the Doctor said, you know I will not set your arm until I see how they cut your hair.  What was done was blatant avoidance of an Article three Court which our forefathers demanded that every citizen was entitled to justice and fairness.

The Governor should have appointed a special prosecutor immediately, and the Escambia County SA would be off the hook prosecuting an officer.   There is no justification for what was done by the criminal justice system.   If this had been a white middle class 17 year old who was out after curfew and was riding around a construction site, and the officer did what he did to the black child, there would have been an immediate grand jury.   I have seen where there is alleged improper influence on a case in Santa Rosa where it took less than a week to railroad somebody, because after the trial I will get specific what the family thinks.   This was a powerless poor kid whose parents could easily be bought off, and lawyers could make their easy money, but to not take this to trial......no, that middle class family would not have taken the payoff.   They would have had a civil trial, got more money, and got the evidence out to the public.

Victor's life was taken by reckless behavior.   The system failed.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Under trump they are actually prosecuting the piece of shit violent thugs. So that's one good thing imo.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/07/hes-violent-coward-anti-trump-protester-gets-jail-for-inauguration-day-riots.html

del.capslock

del.capslock

2seaoat wrote:

Oh, God! I'm gonna hate myself in the morning but 2seaoat is EXACTLY right about this.

Now...      which way to the vomitorium, please, I'm feeling unwell.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Coroner inquests started in the early 90's.

Their scope by definition does not allow the review of the elements of a crime.  They have no more bearing on what should be presented to a grand jury than the correlation between a doctor setting a broken arm, and a barber cutting some hair.   They both have a purpose, but if the Doctor said, you know I will not set your arm until I see how they cut your hair.  What was done was blatant avoidance of an Article three Court which our forefathers demanded that every citizen was entitled to justice and fairness.

The Governor should have appointed a special prosecutor immediately, and the Escambia County SA would be off the hook prosecuting an officer.   There is no justification for what was done by the criminal justice system.   If this had been a white middle class 17 year old who was out after curfew and was riding around a construction site, and the officer did what he did to the black child, there would have been an immediate grand jury.   I have seen where there is alleged improper influence on a case in Santa Rosa where it took less than a week to railroad somebody, because after the trial I will get specific what the family thinks.   This was a powerless poor kid whose parents could easily be bought off, and lawyers could make their easy money, but to not take this to trial......no, that middle class family would not have taken the payoff.   They would have had a civil trial, got more money, and got the evidence out to the public.

No, Seaoat. The 17 year old out @ 2am was in violation of curfew, was seen at a construction site, ran from the police, and ignored repeated commands. Black, white, Hispanic or what ever ....you stop!

2seaoat

I did not. Nor did my friends. We ran because 90% of the time we could get away. The funny thing is all those years running from the police, never once was there a high speed chase. During the early 60s there was a building boom. We would go to the construction sites looking for the slugs which came out of the electrical boxes to run conduit. We had our own currency at school and would trade baseball cards, and other items for those punch out electrical slugs. We did not vandalize. We did not steal anything of value. We went through the trash and sweepings to find the slugs. At least three times the police car came to a house under construction after a neighbor had called and told us kids to come out to his car.....we could not get to the back door fast enough as we hopped on bikes and ran for high weeds. They never came ripping after us on a chase, and there was a 10pm curfew for under 16 and that is when we would bring flashlights and look for the slugs. The idea that a police officer would go on a high speed chase with kids on bikes or taze us from a moving vehicle......insanity, and anybody who tries to justify that officers wrongful behavior would change their tune immediately if that was their child who recklessly was ran over by an officer out of control.

We were kids. People were not charged with crimes but were taken home and given an asz chewing. Macho police officers terrorizing kids in our small town resulted in the citizens storming(literally during a city council meeting) and demanding the entire police department be fired for harassing kids. They fired every last one of them because white middle class folks know that kids are basically good but mischievous, and that the new type of officer wants to criminalize everything.....that works in the ghetto because people are powerless......it does not work with white middle class folks who know reckless cowboy itis when they see it. If the officer did what he did to one of our kids, he would be spending 15 years in jail for reckless homicide. His life was not in danger. No citizen's life was in danger. This was a travesty of justice.

del.capslock

del.capslock

Joanimaroni wrote:
No, Seaoat.  The 17 year old out @ 2am was in violation of curfew, was seen at a construction site, ran from the police, and ignored repeated commands. Black, white, Hispanic or what ever ....you stop!

If that disgusting fat pig of a Cop was in the right, why did the city settle for $500,000 then?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I did not.  Nor did my friends.   We ran because 90% of the time we could get away.  The funny thing is all those years running from the police, never once was there a high speed chase.   During the early 60s there was a building boom.  We would go to the construction sites looking for the slugs which came out of the electrical boxes to run conduit.   We had our own currency at school and would trade baseball cards, and other items for those punch out electrical slugs.   We did not vandalize.  We did not steal anything of value.  We went through the trash and sweepings to find the slugs.   At least three times the police car came to a house under construction after a neighbor had called and told us kids to come out to his car.....we could not get to the back door fast enough as we hopped on bikes and ran for high weeds.   They never came ripping after us on a chase, and there was a 10pm curfew for under 16 and that is when we would bring flashlights and look for the slugs.   The idea that a police officer would go on a high speed chase with kids on bikes or taze us from a moving vehicle......insanity, and anybody who tries to justify that officers wrongful behavior would change their tune immediately if that was their child who recklessly was ran over by an officer out of control.

We were kids.   People were not charged with crimes but were taken home and given an asz chewing.  Macho police officers terrorizing kids in our small town resulted in the citizens storming(literally during a city council meeting) and demanding the entire police department be fired for harassing kids.   They fired every last one of them because white middle class folks know that kids are basically good but mischievous, and that the new type of officer wants to criminalize everything.....that works in the ghetto because people are powerless......it does not work with white middle class folks who know reckless cowboy itis when they see it.  If the officer did what he did to one of our kids, he would be spending 15 years in jail for reckless homicide.   His life was not in danger.  No citizen's life was in danger.   This was a travesty of justice.

I hate the fact things have changed...but they have. Kids Steen's age and in that area it doesn't equal fun kid stuff. He had already approached people asking if they were straight...a key word for finding buyers for pot or crack.

del.capslock

del.capslock

Joanimaroni wrote: He had already approached people asking if they were straight...a key word for finding buyers for pot or crack.

That's cop bullshit, covering for Ard, and it's a perfect example of why there's no such thing as a good cop. They spread the same kind of lies in L.A. after the Rodney King beating, that he was a child molester, a male prostitute, etc.

It doesn't even make sense anyway, Ard was in a vehicle, the kid was on a bike, how could he know that Steen was doing that. If there was the slightest possibility of it being true, the media would have reported it. If it was on a radio transmission or a complaint call, it would have been recorded and a transcript would be available, so it's bullshit.

It sounds like the kind of crap you'd hear in a cop bar, cops telling groupies war stories to get laid.

Is that where you heard it?  It sure isn't in any reports about the case. Do you really think the city would have handed over $500.000 if there was the least possibility of damaging the plaintiffs case in the press?

You sound like every gullible badge-bunny that ever worked a cop bar. I bet you're a sucker for a badge and a gun--pun intended.

Face it, a so-called "good" cop chased down and killed a black kid on a bike, further proof that there's no such thing as a good cop.

Also, you're full of shit about Steen being in violation of curfew in Pensacola. Here, read this advisory opinion from the Florida Attorney General, from 1982:

The court interpreted the purpose of the ordinance to be the control of the activities of children under the age of 16 during late night hours, but the court found that to accomplish this purpose the ordinance prohibited such children from participating in school, recreational and church activities, among others, because in going to or coming from such activities, the child would be upon a street, alley, park or other public place. The ordinance would make many activities unlawful which otherwise would be lawful. The court stated that the general right of every person to engage in lawful activity, while subject to reasonable restriction, cannot be completely taken away under the guise of police regulation; an ordinance to the contrary is an arbitrary invasion of the inherent personal liberties of all citizens. Thus, said the court, it could not be said that the prohibition against the mere presence of a child under the age of sixteen on a street or park or other public place between 11:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m., for a purpose other than required by his occupation or unless accompanied by his parent or guardian, had any real relationship to the primary purpose of the ordinance. Therefore such a prohibition constituted an invasion of personal rights and liberties and for that reason was unconstitutional. The district court went on to hold that restraining children under the age of sixteen years from freely walking upon the streets or other public places when no emergency situation exists is incompatible with the freedoms of speech, association, peaceful assembly and religion secured to all citizens of Florida by Article I of the Florida Constitution. Since the Pensacola ordinance failed to mention an emergency situation and the record in that case failed to show such a situation, the court held the ordinance unconstitutional.

You're a LIAR Joaniphoni!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:You're a fake. You wouldn't have called the popo. Or you're a fucking liar.

Were you calling ME a liar? STFU, dumbass.

2seaoat

I do not agree that all cops are bad. That is stupid. I do not even agree that this officer started his shift as a bad cop. He was not trained properly. He probably had tacit racist views from his upbringing and the environment of Escambia County where they tried to rationalize separating inmates by race until only a few years ago. He probably was simply reckless and maybe not suited to be an officer. I am disturbed that he still remains an officer. Not because he was a bad man, but because he probably never should have been a police officer.

The police officers who are my friends make mistakes everyday. As I do. However, you would never have the courage to walk up to a car full of gang bangers to issue a citation knowing that the closest back up is ten minutes away. Police officers are put in tremendously difficult positions, and to judge them from an arm chair on monday morning is not always fair. We need more selective hiring, more training, and zero tolerance for cover ups. We have a long way to go before all citizens are protected from police abuse.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:You're a fake. You wouldn't have called the popo. Or you're a fucking liar.

Were you calling ME a liar?  STFU, dumbass.

Faked ass liberals are all the same. Liars, cheats and thieves. Not to mention completely out of touch with reality. Sigh, and so it goes.......

BTW, you were all fakes before Trump called you out.

Enjoy that moniker. It is well deserved. Fake assholes.

PkrBum

PkrBum

VectorMan wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Faked ass liberals are all the same. Liars, cheats and thieves. Not to mention completely out of touch with reality. Sigh, and so it goes.......

I wasn't referring to her... that was for dip.clap. The part that irritates me most are the double standards. What they set their hair on fire about pubs would get zero response were it about dems. That's proven here every day.

VectorMan

VectorMan

PkrBum wrote:
VectorMan wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

I wasn't referring to her... that was for dip.clap. The part that irritates me most are the double standards. What they set their hair on fire about pubs would get zero response were it about dems. That's proven here every day.

I got ya.

The double standards with liberals is almost beyond belief. But, over the years the liberals on this forum have proven they care nothing about facts unless they somehow lean towards their slanted views.

I believe their undoing is coming in a big way. Along with the Corrupt News Net work. Liars are liars, and haters around here.

2seaoat

Faked ass liberals are all the same. Liars, cheats and thieves.

I guess we could not fill our quota of stupid on this thread, and Vector had to make his contribution.

del.capslock

del.capslock

2seaoat wrote:Faked ass liberals are all the same. Liars, cheats and thieves.

I guess we could not fill our quota of stupid on this thread, and Vector had to make his contribution.

Now, seaoat, have a little compassion. The lad is from Texas, after all and you know what they say about people from Texas.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum