Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sessions met with Russian envoy twice last year, encounters he later did not disclose

+6
Joanimaroni
dumpcare
PkrBum
Vikingwoman
Floridatexan
Telstar
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

2seaoat

When did it end?

Just like the Iraq war......started by someone else, but the fault of the black guy.....we get it.....alternative facts..........but the very question is an obvious admission that it was pure propaganda.....yet, you continually were telling us Hillary committed a crime, and President Obama was running an ATF field office running guns......the question tells us everything.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Wrong... Bush's program ended YEARS before Obama's program began. It's really not hard to understand if you take off your partisan hack goggles.

http://www.politico.com/story/2012/01/doj-releases-gun-operation-records-071127

An August 2006 briefing memo on Wide Receiver, which was conducted from 2006 to 2007, shows that “there is currently sufficient documentation to conclude” a criminal case from the investigation.

In addition, the memo suggests that it was “highly unlikely,” due to the limited recovery of firearms, that weapons had not already entered gun trafficking conduits to Mexico.

Regardless, ATF decided to forge ahead with the investigation. Additional documents indicate that they did so in an attempt to infiltrate deeper into criminal gun trafficking organizations operating along the U.S.-Mexico border.

By the end of 2006, the targets of the investigation had purchased 181 firearms. Hundreds of firearms were sold to the targets of the investigation before it ended in 2007.

Telstar

Telstar

Recusal is the first step, but he’ll ultimately have to resign.
By Joan WalshTwitter

No one should lie under oath, but doing so ought to disqualify an attorney-general nominee from the job. However, that’s essentially what Attorney General Jeff Sessions admitted doing Thursday afternoon in a bizarre press conference where he announced he will recuse himself from Justice Department investigations into Donald Trump’s presidential campaign. Sessions’s explanation for failing to tell the Senate Judiciary Committee about his meetings with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak raised more questions than it answered. His demeanor was at times oddly flippant and unprofessional—as when he said it was possible he discussed the Trump campaign with Kislyak, because “most of these ambassadors are pretty gossipy.”

Sessions seemed to be trying to head off perjury charges when he told reporters “my reply to the question…was honest and correct as I understood it at the time,” referring to Senator Al Franken’s inquiring about possible ties between the Trump campaign and Russian officials. “I was taken aback…by this brand new information…that a surrogate—and I had been called a surrogate for Donald Trump—had been meeting continuously with Russian officials.… in retrospect, I should’ve slowed down and said, ‘But I did meet one Russian official a couple of times, and that would be the ambassador.’”

In fact, Sessions wasn’t being asked about his own meetings with Russian officials. In the confirmation hearing, Franken summarized a news story that reported on a “continuing exchange of information” between Russian officials and Trump advisers, and then asked Sessions what he would do “if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign.” In retrospect, Sessions’s dishonest answer is even stranger. “I’m not aware of any of those activities,” Sessions told Franken, adding, “I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign, and I did not have communications with the Russians.” Why Sessions chose to give an answer about his own contact with the Russians—when Franken hadn’t asked about that—is a mystery that we can only hope ongoing investigations will explain.

https://www.thenation.com/article/this-isnt-a-total-witch-hunt-jeff-sessions-is-in-real-trouble/

PkrBum

PkrBum

The dems can't even impeach him. You and that commie rag need to buy a clue.

The only hope is that he honorably resigns.

Telstar

Telstar

By any means necessary.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Telstar wrote:By any means necessary.

Silly comrade.

Telstar

Telstar

PkrBum wrote:
Telstar wrote:By any means necessary.

Silly comrade.

Poor pain racked, medication fueled glibtard. clown

Telstar

Telstar

WATCH: Sen. Al Franken delivers scathing rebuke of Jeff Sessions’s ‘insulting’ letter on Russia contacts

Although Attorney General Jeff Sessions has officially clarified his statements about his meetings with Russian government officials during the 2016 presidential campaign, Sen. Al Franken (D-MN) is still not satisfied.

During the Senate confirmation hearing of U.S. Attorney Rod Rosenstein for the position of deputy attorney general on Tuesday, Franken delivered a scathing rebuke of Sessions’s clarification that he said was “insulting” to his former colleagues in the Senate.

While questioning Rosenstein during his confirmation, Franken read some excerpts from Sessions’s letter and pointed out that the attorney general’s responses were woefully inadequate.

“He says [in his letter], ‘I did not mention communications I had with the Russian ambassador over the years because the question did not ask about them,'” Franken noted. “I asked him what he would do as attorney general if it was true that members of the [Trump] campaign had met with the Russians. So he says, ‘I did not mention communications I had with the Russian ambassador over the years because the question did not ask about them.'”

Franken at this point was just getting warmed up. “He answered a question I didn’t ask, and for him to put this in his letter as a response is insulting, and he should come back and explain himself, Mr. Chairman,” said Franken. “I think he owes that to us. Because this appears to me like he was — and I have been, I’ve bent over backward not to say that he lied.”

Watch the whole exchange below.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/watch-sen-al-franken-delivers-scathing-rebuke-of-jeff-sessionss-insulting-letter-on-russia-contacts/

RealLindaL

Though we don't know what, if any, baggage he may carry, the initial opinion in this house after watching the hearings today is that Rod Rosenstein would make a far better and more trustworthy attorney general than Sessions.

Sal

Sal

Over the weekend, a Trump spokesperson said that the important thing is that Trump himself had not personally met with the Russian ambassador during the campaign ...

... guess what?

Telstar

Telstar

Notice at the end of the video that Republican Chuck Grassley seems far more upset with Democrat Al Franken and tries to muzzle him about what he calls a "gotcha question" than he does about Sessions apparently lying under oath and dealing with Russia. Perhaps Grassley needs top recuse himself as chairman of the committee since acting without unfair bias obviously is beyond Republican Grassley.

RealLindaL

Sal wrote:Over the weekend, a Trump spokesperson said that the important thing is that Trump himself had not personally met with the Russian ambassador during the campaign ...

... guess what?

Did I miss (or forget) something, I'm wondering?

Telstar

Telstar

Sal wrote:Over the weekend, a Trump spokesperson said that the important thing is that Trump himself had not personally met with the Russian ambassador during the campaign ...

... guess what?

Yup Sal, like they say, the fish stinks from the head.

Busted: Trump met and ‘warmly greeted’ Russian ambassador during 2016 campaign

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/busted-trump-met-and-warmly-greeted-russian-ambassador-during-2016-campaign/

Sal

Sal

Telstar wrote:

... guess what?

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/busted-trump-met-and-warmly-greeted-russian-ambassador-during-2016-campaign/

And, you know what?

I really don't have a problem with Trump or any of his team meeting with the Russian ambassador.

It's that they keep lying about it over and over again.

It's bizarre and highly suspicious.

Telstar

Telstar

Sal wrote:
Telstar wrote:

... guess what?

And, you know what?

I really don't have a problem with Trump or any of his team meeting with the Russian ambassador.

It's that they keep lying about it over and over again.

It's bizarre and highly suspicious.

Like they said about Watergate, the cover up is worse than the crime.

Telstar

Telstar

No wonder Grassley tried to shut Franken up. Grassley just can't handle the truth.

Telstar

Telstar

Is Franken the only one on the committee that isn't afraid to ask questions?

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:Is Franken the only one on the committee that isn't afraid to ask questions?

All I can say is, Franken had better have someone else take a bite or sip first of whatever he eats or drinks for the near future. Same goes for Adam Schiff (D-California), ranking member of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, who's been another outstanding spokesperson for truth.

Telstar

Telstar

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum