Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump advisor puts Iran "on notice"

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

At this time no one is able to say exactly what this may mean. It is usually taken in diplomatic circles as meaning there is a threat of military action. This is, what (?) day 12 of this brand new administration?

The Trump administration has said it was “officially putting Iran on notice” in reaction to an Iranian missile test and an attack on a Saudi warship by Iranian-backed Houthi rebels in Yemen but gave no details about how Washington intended to respond.

The threat was made on Wednesday by the national security adviser, Michael Flynn, in his first public statement since taking office.

Speaking in the White House briefing room, Flynn said a missile launch on Sunday and a Houthi attack on a Saudi frigate on Monday underlined Iran’s “destabilizing behavior across the Middle East.”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/feb/01/iran-trump-michael-flynn-on-notice

RealLindaL

Flynn had better know what he's doing.   Somehow I doubt it. But I can picture that Trump sees this move as something else to delight his supporters -- getting "tough" instead of "weak" as he accused Obama of being. Heaven help us.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

RealLindaL wrote:Flynn had better know what he's doing.   Somehow I doubt it.  But I can picture that Trump sees this move as something else to delight his supporters -- getting "tough" instead of "weak" as he accused Obama of being.  Heaven help us.

Trump is using a wrecking ball on international relations. I read that the British Parliament will debate denying Trump a State visit after they received a petition with 1.7 million signatures.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum