Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump and his national security advisor deny the story of Trump disclosure to Russians

+7
zsomething
del.capslock
Telstar
PkrBum
RealLindaL
othershoe1030
2seaoat
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

2seaoat

It was the Washington Post reporter who laid out what was discussed with the Russians. They never said he disclosed how they collected, or who gave it to him, but the Washington Post NEVER claimed the same. This is total BS totalitarian denial and lies. The advisor comes out and says the story is false because he never disclosed the source or how it was collected.....neither did the story. They call it false. All the statements in the story contradict this idiotic display. This is a big deal. Revealing classified information without a clue what he is doing. Now if he was being clever and understood what the hell he was doing, maybe he could be given some latitude. This is a real threat. This is important information, and our President is sharing the same with the Russians.

2seaoat

People can get killed, and our President is learning on the job. God help the innocent people at risk.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

2seaoat wrote:People can get killed, and our President is learning on the job.  God help the innocent people at risk.

Exactly. He has no clue about how anything works. He doesn't understand his position. Have you ever seen him look happier?

Trump and his national security advisor deny the story of Trump disclosure to Russians Z

2seaoat

You could not make this up.  Four weeks ago he wants to hide the White House logs.   Next, no American press is invited to the Oval office when the Russian spies are there to do propaganda press shots to the President's utter ignorance that he is nothing more than a rube, and the best part is that he turns over classified information to the Russians.   You could not write this script for Hollywood because nobody would buy that a President of the United States could be this inexperienced and a Rube.  I have just about given up that this man can overcome his personality disorders and outside interests to actually work for the American Public.  I never was more correct in my support for a Democrat for President for the first time in my life.  I also was ineffective getting friends to change their votes as the racism in this country is so pervasive that intelligent folks were willing to let this rube in the White House.   I cannot fly.  I have a daughter in law who because of her position my travel by plane frequently.  The thought of this rube putting the flying public at risk because a intelligence source may have indirectly been undercut......anger begins to enter the equation.

RealLindaL

Concur wholeheartedly with Sea and othershoe. This simply cannot be allowed to go on-- but who will stop this seriously defective man? When will the Republicans finally agree enough is enough, and begin the steps to remove him??

The situation is beyond dangerous. People are becoming truly frightened, as well they should be. I can't believe a country with the resources we have would permit this to go on. What is WRONG with us??? He needs to GO. NOW.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Just another bs fake news story. The Russians are learning what we've been dealing with regarding terrorism... we have commonalities... and some shared interests. The potus also has an ultimate power concerning classified materials... not that anyone in the admin has confirmed the talkingpoint... in fact they've denied it. The hysterical snowflake factor is hitting overdrive... y'all really ought to check yourselves. The clickbait headlines are out of control... and y'all are gobbling it like water. What we are really seeing is the disintegration of journalism and the explosion of groupthink.

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:Concur wholeheartedly with Sea and othershoe.   This simply cannot be allowed to go on-- but who will stop this seriously defective man? When will the Republicans finally agree enough is enough, and begin the steps to remove him??

The situation is beyond dangerous.   People are becoming truly frightened, as well they should be.  I can't believe a country with the resources we have would permit this to go on.  What is WRONG with us???  He needs to GO.  NOW.

Trump and his national security advisor deny the story of Trump disclosure to Russians Trump-12

del.capslock

del.capslock

PkrBum wrote:Just another bs fake news story. The Russians are learning what we've been dealing with regarding terrorism... we have commonalities... and some shared interests. The potus also has an ultimate power concerning classified materials... not that anyone in the admin has confirmed the talkingpoint... in fact they've denied it. The hysterical snowflake factor is hitting overdrive... y'all really ought to check yourselves. The clickbait headlines are out of control... and y'all are gobbling it like water. What we are really seeing is the disintegration of journalism and the explosion of groupthink.

Yeah, just another bs fake news story, so fake even John Podhoretz is calling it the most dangerous thing Trump has done. Between the firing of Comey and now this, Trump is in very deep trouble.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

PkrBum

PkrBum

del.capslock wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Just another bs fake news story. The Russians are learning what we've been dealing with regarding terrorism... we have commonalities... and some shared interests. The potus also has an ultimate power concerning classified materials... not that anyone in the admin has confirmed the talkingpoint... in fact they've denied it. The hysterical snowflake factor is hitting overdrive... y'all really ought to check yourselves. The clickbait headlines are out of control... and y'all are gobbling it like water. What we are really seeing is the disintegration of journalism and the explosion of groupthink.

Yeah, just another bs fake news story, so fake even John Podhoretz is calling it the most dangerous thing Trump has done. Between the firing of Comey and now this, Trump is in very deep trouble.

Riiiiight. Switch trump with Obama and this doesn't play anywhere except fox news.

Y'all are off the rails.

Telstar

Telstar

PkrBum wrote:
del.capslock wrote:

Riiiiight. Switch trump with Obama and this doesn't play anywhere except fox news.

Y'all are off the rails.

Obama was never in as deep shit as president cancer is. Try washing your brain in Lake Michigan instead of the River Volga next time acehole.

PkrBum

PkrBum

U.S. offers to share Syria intelligence on terrorists with Russia

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-offers-to-share-syria-intelligence-on-terrorists-with-russia/2016/06/30/483a2afe-3eec-11e6-84e8-1580c7db5275_story.html

The Obama administration has offered to help Russia improve its targeting of terrorist groups in Syria if Moscow will stop bombing civilians and opposition fighters who have signed on to a cease-fire and use its influence to force Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to do the same.

The offer early this week of what one administration official called “enhanced information sharing” does not include joint military planning, targeting or coordination with U.S. airstrikes or other operations in Syria.

But it would expand cooperation beyond the “deconfliction” talks the U.S. and Russian militaries began last year to ensure their planes do not run into each other in Syria’s increasingly crowded airspace.

Defense Secretary Ashton B. Carter, who has long opposed any additional cooperation, said Thursday that if Russia would “do the right thing in Syria — that’s an important condition — as in all cases with Russia, we’re willing to work with them.”

Telstar

Telstar

PkrBum wrote:U.S. offers to share Syria intelligence on terrorists with Russia

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-offers-to-share-syria-intelligence-on-terrorists-with-russia/2016/06/30/483a2afe-3eec-11e6-84e8-1580c7db5275_story.html

The Obama administration has offered to help Russia improve its targeting of terrorist groups in Syria if Moscow will stop bombing civilians and opposition fighters who have signed on to a cease-fire and use its influence to force Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to do the same.

The offer early this week of what one administration official called “enhanced information sharing” does not include joint military planning, targeting or coordination with U.S. airstrikes or other operations in Syria.

But it would expand cooperation beyond the “deconfliction” talks the U.S. and Russian militaries began last year to ensure their planes do not run into each other in Syria’s increasingly crowded airspace.

Defense Secretary Ashton B. Carter, who has long opposed any additional cooperation, said Thursday that if Russia would “do the right thing in Syria — that’s an important condition — as in all cases with Russia, we’re willing to work with them.”

Trump and his national security advisor deny the story of Trump disclosure to Russians Yawn13

del.capslock

del.capslock

PkrBum wrote:U.S. offers to share Syria intelligence on terrorists with Russia

Your same old tiresome bullshit--OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA!

The instance you cite was a deliberate act with humanitarian intent. What your suckbuddy Trump just did was an egregious blunder by egomaniac. He got played like a chump by America's primary global adversary IN THE OVAL OFFICE!

Serious conservatives are stunned at how incompetent this guy is. Of course, Trump's base, being laughably slow-witted, still don't get it.

No wonder Kislyak and Lavrov are laughing. Your boy's been played and he even know it. Wise up, sparky.

Trump and his national security advisor deny the story of Trump disclosure to Russians V53S1i8

PkrBum

PkrBum

Bs... just more clickbait headline leftist hysteria. Y'all really are an easy bunch. Sit... lay... rollover.

Good wittle snowflakes.

Telstar

Telstar

PkrBum wrote:Bs... just more clickbait headline leftist hysteria. Y'all really are an easy bunch. Sit... lay... rollover.

Good wittle snowflakes.

Trump and his national security advisor deny the story of Trump disclosure to Russians Pkr_gr10

zsomething

2seaoat wrote:People can get killed, and our President is learning on the job.  God help the innocent people at risk.

Yep. It's like Baby Huey is president. Except Baby Huey at least meant well.

I know Republicans are into "team sports" politics and wanted their turn at having a president, but sheesh, this is too much. I don't care how partisan anyone is, they can't back this up anymore, it's ridiculous and it's making us look like a joke to the rest of the world. We've become the Country That Elected A Cartoon. Nobody knows how to deal with this toddler because they're expecting a statesman and instead they're getting a bloated ego that expects pampering first and international business as an afterthought.

Even while launching missiles, Trump's more interested in what kind of cake they were eating. That's where his mind's at. He just wants to be president -- he doesn't know the job, and he doesn't care about it.

Most likely he told the Russians this info just to impress them that he gets to know secret things.

The media in this country need to come out of denial and quit pretending this is in any way normal. A lot of people still aren't accepting the situation because it seems so unthinkable it's surreal, but this cannot continue. Somebody's got to have this doofus removed for incompetence. I know that then we'll get Pence, and I hate him, too, because he's a crazy theocrat, but at least maybe he'd manage to keep the country functioning like a computer on safe-mode until we can vote him out.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Trump is an idiot celebrity wannabe. But that still doesn't make this an issue. The msm is ridiculous.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

As President I wanted to share with Russia (at an openly scheduled W.H. meeting) which I have the absolute right to do, facts pertaining....
6:03 AM - 16 May 2017
  10,953 10,953 Retweets   35,483 35,483 likes

to terrorism and airline flight safety. Humanitarian reasons, plus I want Russia to greatly step up their fight against ISIS & terrorism.
6:13 AM - 16 May 2017
  9,789 9,789 Retweets   34,889 34,889 likes

Of course POTUS totally undercuts McMaster's statements of denial yesterday.

In this case the information was from a foreign source, which means the president did not have the right to disclose it at his discretion as he is claiming in this morning's tweets.

Lives are at stake. This is not fake news that can be ignored as Fox News is spinning. People reading Fox News are told the real problem, if there is one, is that there is a leak. In this case I would say the leaker is the president himself but they seem to be concerned with the notion that someone reported (leaked) information they didn't want to get out.

Oh, and Russia says it is fake news too so there you have it. Garbage in, garbage out. Apparently Fox news thinks it is valuable at this time to support this treason in the WH and feed this idea of fake news to their viewers/readers. Face it, if this were fake news the intelligence community would not be so upset.

The Washington Post report relied on anonymous current and former U.S. officials in its account of the small May 10 Oval Office meeting Trump had with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and ambassador Sergey Kislyak.

A Russian government spokesperson on Tuesday morning also denied any classified information was discussed in the meeting, describing the reports as "yet another fake."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/16/trump-defends-talks-with-russians-says-shared-terror-facts.html

gatorfan

What "lives are at stake"?

Anonymous reports....always reliable, right?

Face facts folks, Trumpet is in office because the Electoral College lost faith in HRC because of all of her shenanigans, lies, and sloppy cover-ups and turned their backs on her.

How many of her emails (classified before or after the fact depending on the day of the week) were read by the Russians? You don't know and neither do I. Just like you don't REALLY know what went on in that meeting.

Laughable.

del.capslock

del.capslock

zsomething wrote:
I know Republicans are into "team sports" politics and wanted their turn at having a president, but sheesh, this is too much.  I don't care how partisan anyone is, they can't back this up anymore, it's ridiculous and it's making us look like a joke to the rest of the world.  We've become the Country That Elected A Cartoon.   Nobody knows how to deal with this toddler because they're expecting a statesman and instead they're getting a bloated ego that expects pampering first and international business as an afterthought.  

Even while launching missiles, Trump's more interested in what kind of cake they were eating.   That's where his mind's at.  He just wants to be president -- he doesn't know the job, and he doesn't care about it.  

Most likely he told the Russians this info just to impress them that he gets to know secret things.

The media in this country need to come out of denial and quit pretending this is in any way normal.   A lot of people still aren't accepting the situation because it seems so unthinkable it's surreal, but this cannot continue.   Somebody's got to have this doofus removed for incompetence.  I know that then we'll get Pence, and I hate him, too, because he's a crazy theocrat, but at least maybe he'd manage to keep the country functioning like a computer on safe-mode until we can vote him out.  

As the midterm elections approach and public dismay at Trump's dementia grows, I think more and more Republicans are going to start putting distance between themselves and the President.

Just this morning, McConnell threw some shade:

“I think we could do with a little less drama from the White House on a lot of things so that we can focus on our agenda...” McConnell (R-Ky.) said in an interview Tuesday morning with Bloomberg TV.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/16/trump-mitch-mcconnell-drama-white-house-238438

Corker pretty much did the same thing yesterday:

"Obviously they're in a downward spiral right now," said the Senate Foreign Relations Committee chairman, "and they've got to figure out a way to come to grips with all that's happening."
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/gop-sen-bob-corker-trump-white-house-downward-spiral-article-1.3168934

During Watergate, when Nixon was losing it--walking around the White House talking to paintings and asking Kissinger to get down on his knees and pray with him--the Joint Chiefs of Staff issued an order for all US forces to check with them before carrying out any of Nixon's commands.

I think the same thing will start happening to Trump--there will be a "silent coup" of his primary cabinet members to isolate him from any real control.

Our institutions are wonderfully robust, our Founding Fathers were possessed of almost prescient genius and this will all work out to the lasting benefit of progressives. Remember, after Republican klepto-parasitic politics plunged us into the abyss of the Great Depression, Democrats changed the face of American life. FDR was able to create Social Security, institute Fair Employment Practices and establish a National Minimum Wage among many other progressive accomplishments.

Trump will be increasingly marginalized and in 2018 there will probably be the beginnings of a sea-change in national politics--IF Democrats allow him to remain in office. If he gets impeached or resigns, all bets are off.

If we want things to get better, we're gonna have to let them to get worse, maybe much worse, first.

PkrBum

PkrBum

It's a media driven confirmation bias loop.

I wonder if dems will burn out at some point. How many times can you set your hair on fire?

Vikingwoman

Yeah because Hillary had a private server the Russians didn't get her emails to put on Wikileaks. We need to fix that so it doesn't happen again.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

gatorfan wrote:What "lives are at stake"?

Anonymous reports....always reliable, right?

Face facts folks, Trumpet is in office because the Electoral College lost faith in HRC because of all of her shenanigans, lies, and sloppy cover-ups and turned their backs on her.

How many of her emails (classified before or after the fact depending on the day of the week) were read by the Russians? You don't know and neither do I. Just like you don't REALLY know what went on in that meeting.

Laughable.

The lives of the counter intelligence operatives who gathered the original information are at stake for starters.

The president has demonstrated his inability to keep secrets. He did not have a legal right to share this particular bit of information because it was not gathered by us. It came from a source that did not want it shared with anyone, not even our allies.

Acting like this cuts down on what other countries are willing to tell us. We could miss some very crucial information necessary to protect Americans. This whole episode has made the country less safe. As a country we are more at risk and less safe now than before Trump's bragging session with the two Russian spies.

dumpcare

Yea, it certainly is lol. Trump tweeted it out today that he did it. How much proof do you need?

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

dumpcare wrote:

Yea, it certainly is lol. Trump tweeted it out today that he did it. How much proof do you need?

What more do you need, indeed? Now Israel has come forward to reveal that they are the country that gave this information to us. Now Fox News has to claim that this too is fake news? Really? How is that going to work?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum