Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The first lady looked stunning today, and I loved what she did with her hair.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

I did not get to watch any of the ceremony today, but on the news tonight I thought the first lady's dress and hair was stunning. I saw a couple uncomfortable moments and I was wondering if anybody else picked up on it. After chief justice Roberts had sworn in the new President and he turns completely around to hug his daughter when the first lady stepped into the hug. Also, where was Trump's youngest son in the photos. I did not see him. Was he there?

My wife saw another uncomfortable moment where the Michelle went to hug the new first lady, and the first lady extended her hand......Michelle despite the gesture went in for the hug. I was curious where Bill Clinton and Hillary were and what were there facial expressions?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I did not get to watch any of the ceremony today, but on the news tonight I thought the first lady's dress and hair was stunning.  I saw a couple uncomfortable moments and I was wondering if anybody else picked up on it.  After chief justice Roberts had sworn in the new President and he turns completely around to hug his daughter when the first lady stepped into the hug.  Also, where was Trump's youngest son in the photos.  I did not see him.  Was he there?

My wife saw another uncomfortable moment where the Michelle went to hug the new first lady, and the first lady extended her hand......Michelle despite the gesture went in for the hug.  I was curious where Bill Clinton and Hillary were and what were there facial expressions?
His son was there.....

Trump gave a toast to Bill and Hillary at the luncheon....he asked everyone to please stand. Very thoughtful.

And Bill was there....

http://hollywoodlife.com/2017/01/20/bill-clinton-stares-ivanka-trump-watch-hillary-catch-him-video/

The First Lady looked beautiful.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

2seaoat wrote:I did not get to watch any of the ceremony today, but on the news tonight I thought the first lady's dress and hair was stunning.  I saw a couple uncomfortable moments and I was wondering if anybody else picked up on it.  After chief justice Roberts had sworn in the new President and he turns completely around to hug his daughter when the first lady stepped into the hug.  Also, where was Trump's youngest son in the photos.  I did not see him.  Was he there?

My wife saw another uncomfortable moment where the Michelle went to hug the new first lady, and the first lady extended her hand......Michelle despite the gesture went in for the hug.  I was curious where Bill Clinton and Hillary were and what were there facial expressions?

Here's a link to the swearing in ceremony. His youngest son can be seen. I too thought our new first lady looked lovely, very tasteful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZn2q42pNMk

What's the obsession with a ten year old boy?

2seaoat

What's the obsession with a ten year old boy?

JFK and Jackie focused on their young children, and the media showed the parental interaction constantly as I was a child. It was mostly young adult children with Johnson and Nixon. Ford focused on his children and skiing and other family activities, but again the kids were older. Amy Carter was the focus of the Carters and the media. President Reagan and his interaction with his older children was interesting and Nancy's pride in their son was much of their family focus. Bush 1 had older children, but his interaction with his young grandchildren was his focus, and the joy of Barbara and him. The Clintons were more removed with their only child and there were not media interviews of Bill or Hillary playing or interacting with Chelsy in a playful manner, and she was highly protected from media scrutiny. Bush 2 just loved his twin daughters and the media had access, well until they entered college and became normal college kids. President Obama focused on his daughters, their dog, and family life as the media many times interviewed the entire family, but not so much the last four years as the girls entered high school. I have not seen one interview of the President's wife and their child. The three marriages with children from each marriage is new to America. We see the red headed stepchild, the favorite, the pride in his adult sons, but nothing about the interaction of a 70 year old father with a ten year old son. My father was 52 when he died and I was ten. I noticed that I had an older father, so one day I challenged him to a race.....he was like a race horse and beat my smart asz, but he was the center of my life. Again, I have not seen one family interview where this Seventy year old man really could be his great grandfather much easier than his father, but where is the role of the playful father like JFK or any of the other Presidents. Just an observation as to why this is so off limits.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

In so many ways this campaign and transition has been so untraditional that we may be searching for some element of normalcy in our interest of the 10 year old? Looking for some means of connecting with the family?

To me they are living in the billionaire's world. That's not a slam but just a statement of observable conditions. Everyone, even billionaire's have families so maybe in that respect we have something in common? The older children are adults and appear reserved and aloof, unnatural perhaps.

RealLindaL

othershoe1030 wrote:The older children are adults and appear reserved and aloof, unnatural perhaps. [/color]

That's been my impression since back in early Apprentice days. They look shell shocked, terribly serious, as if afraid to move wrong or say the wrong thing or something -- I guess "intimidated" would be the word. JMHO.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

RealLindaL wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:The older children are adults and appear reserved and aloof, unnatural perhaps. [/color]

That's been my impression since back in early Apprentice days.  They look shell shocked, terribly serious, as if afraid to move wrong or say the wrong thing or something -- I guess "intimidated" would be the word.  JMHO.

Right. Shell shocked describes it well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum