Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clint Eastwood is Great

+4
Sal
TEOTWAWKI
Nekochan
2seaoat
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Clint Eastwood is Great Empty Clint Eastwood is Great 8/30/2012, 10:14 pm

2seaoat

Finally a Republican who has humor and knows how to tell the truth. Thumbs up!

I love the shot at attorneys.....Ryan and Romney are lawyers.......but Clint was on Rawhide when I was a kid......so he probably does not know that, but I love the "we own this country".....politicians are employees of ours......I loved it. Unfortunately, Clint is going to have to get off the stage....and Mitt will have to speak....and in the end....Clint will not be able to make Mitt's day.

2Clint Eastwood is Great Empty Re: Clint Eastwood is Great 8/30/2012, 10:15 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

I love Clint, too.

3Clint Eastwood is Great Empty Re: Clint Eastwood is Great 8/30/2012, 10:15 pm

He was best as Gunnery Sergeant Thomas Highway.

4Clint Eastwood is Great Empty Re: Clint Eastwood is Great 8/30/2012, 10:53 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

5Clint Eastwood is Great Empty Re: Clint Eastwood is Great 8/30/2012, 11:43 pm

Sal

Sal

That was just kinda sad. Poor, Clint.

6Clint Eastwood is Great Empty Re: Clint Eastwood is Great 8/31/2012, 12:01 am

2seaoat

I think as a child watching him on rawhide......getting old is not for sissies. I guess a strategic mistake to have put him on at this time.....but I seriously and genuinely love this guy......he just is a likeable guy and his westerns are simply the best.

7Clint Eastwood is Great Empty Re: Clint Eastwood is Great 8/31/2012, 12:03 am

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:I think as a child watching him on rawhide......getting old is not for sissies. I guess a strategic mistake to have put him on at this time.....but I seriously and genuinely love this guy......he just is a likeable guy and his westerns are simply the best.

I don't disagree. I love Clint. But that was a really sad cap to put on an amazing career. I felt sorry for him.

8Clint Eastwood is Great Empty Re: Clint Eastwood is Great 8/31/2012, 12:09 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

salinsky wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I think as a child watching him on rawhide......getting old is not for sissies. I guess a strategic mistake to have put him on at this time.....but I seriously and genuinely love this guy......he just is a likeable guy and his westerns are simply the best.

I don't disagree. I love Clint. But that was a really sad cap to put on an amazing career. I felt sorry for him.

Hey he at least said the Bastards all work for us...Kudos to Clint

9Clint Eastwood is Great Empty Re: Clint Eastwood is Great 8/31/2012, 12:13 am

Sal

Sal

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Hey he at least said the Bastards all work for us...

At the RNC ... real effective.
Rolling Eyes

10Clint Eastwood is Great Empty Re: Clint Eastwood is Great 8/31/2012, 1:10 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:

I love the shot at attorneys.....Ryan and Romney are lawyers.

When he looked at the empty chair (which represented Obama) and said "I never thought attorneys should be President", it would make absolutely no sense to say that if he knew Romney and Ryan are both attorneys. I think you're going to find out that he didn't know that to be the case.

Also, he chastised the empty chair (Obama) for maintaining the war in Afghanistan and not knowing "how the Russians did there for 10 years."
Romney must have cringed on that one since he's a hawk on Afghanistan too.

11Clint Eastwood is Great Empty Re: Clint Eastwood is Great 8/31/2012, 7:16 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I think Clint knew they were ALL lawyers. He in his own way was saying to Americans, we can do better than what either party is offering. He was saying we let OUR public servants get to high and mighty and out of control. He was saying what a man that had lived a good life and no longer had to suck up to the system could say.

Now the fools come out on MSM bashing him for being old. This country is a punch bowl full of turds

12Clint Eastwood is Great Empty Re: Clint Eastwood is Great 8/31/2012, 9:20 am

He was good and the speech just didn't sound like it was an endorsement for Romney but telling America when you have someone employed by you that is just not doing the job it is time to fire that person. I don't think the republicans understood that.

13Clint Eastwood is Great Empty Re: Clint Eastwood is Great 8/31/2012, 9:38 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It was someone speaking off the cuff which politicians have lost the capacity to do. And it's not even just that politicians are scripted, I'm sure Eastwood had thought about everything he said in advance too. That's what actors and filmmakers do.
But what he did which was so uniquely different from politicians is he didn't weigh every word with a focus group or a poll or the filter of professional speechwriters. He just said what was on his mind.

The reaction of these mediocre pundits and commentators is predictable. It's similar to how they react to a Ron Paul or a Ross Perot. They're so conditioned to listening to the tightly controlled politicians that they can only scream "strange" and "weird" on the rare occasion when someone actually decides not to play along with that.

14Clint Eastwood is Great Empty Re: Clint Eastwood is Great 8/31/2012, 11:12 am

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

It is hard not to love Clint, but his speech at the RNC was sort of a sleeper. It was hard to determine whether he was being serious or trying to be a comedian.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

15Clint Eastwood is Great Empty Re: Clint Eastwood is Great 8/31/2012, 4:13 pm

http://now.msn.com/clint-eastwood-memes-from-the-convention

16Clint Eastwood is Great Empty Re: Clint Eastwood is Great 8/31/2012, 5:38 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Lurch wrote:http://now.msn.com/clint-eastwood-memes-from-the-convention

From that link I got linked to this link...

http://www.uproxx.com/webculture/2012/08/clint-eastwood-speech-memes-twitter/#ixzz25A6sOAYq

which gave me a bunch of blog posts responding to Eastwood's appearance. I like these two...

Although the speech was a horror show with some funny thrown in, I actually think Clint is in his right mind. I just think he was maybe nervous in front of a large crowd. That being said, his own political ideas don't necessarily point to Romney as the candidate for him. He even pointed that out last night..knowingly or unknowingly.

Yes. THIS was their “home run” moment. By the way, Repubs….Vince McMahon did this stunt (debating/fighting an invisible opponent) YEARS ago. And he put himself up against someone even more powerful than Obama…..GOD. So yeah, not only was your “home run” moment of Ol’ Man Eastwood Arguin’ with a Chair a total farce and embarrassing….you were beaten to the punch by a WRESTLING PROMOTER

17Clint Eastwood is Great Empty Re: Clint Eastwood is Great 8/31/2012, 5:50 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:
Lurch wrote:http://now.msn.com/clint-eastwood-memes-from-the-convention

From that link I got linked to this link...

http://www.uproxx.com/webculture/2012/08/clint-eastwood-speech-memes-twitter/#ixzz25A6sOAYq

which gave me a bunch of blog posts responding to Eastwood's appearance. I like these two...

Although the speech was a horror show with some funny thrown in, I actually think Clint is in his right mind. I just think he was maybe nervous in front of a large crowd. That being said, his own political ideas don't necessarily point to Romney as the candidate for him. He even pointed that out last night..knowingly or unknowingly.

Yes. THIS was their “home run” moment. By the way, Repubs….Vince McMahon did this stunt (debating/fighting an invisible opponent) YEARS ago. And he put himself up against someone even more powerful than Obama…..GOD. So yeah, not only was your “home run” moment of Ol’ Man Eastwood Arguin’ with a Chair a total farce and embarrassing….you were beaten to the punch by a WRESTLING PROMOTER

I don't like em...

18Clint Eastwood is Great Empty Re: Clint Eastwood is Great 8/31/2012, 8:46 pm

Hey it must have been a publicity stunt, Clint has a new movie coming out the 21st of this month. Twisted Evil

19Clint Eastwood is Great Empty Re: Clint Eastwood is Great 8/31/2012, 9:31 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

They said on ABC news that Eastwood was scheduled to speak for 3 minutes and ran into 6 or so. They showed some of the Romney group looking rather uncomfortable to say the least.
It doesn't show very good judgement to have someone go on like that and not know what they are going to say, which is what it looked like happened. Naturally they tried to run a tight ship and make the most of the roll out of their guy but this didn't make them look all that swift.

20Clint Eastwood is Great Empty Re: Clint Eastwood is Great 9/1/2012, 12:37 am

Sal

Sal

I read it described as a weird consequence of propping up a spaghetti western star to observe him having a stroke.

I think that's about spot on.

21Clint Eastwood is Great Empty Re: Clint Eastwood is Great 9/1/2012, 1:02 am

Sal

Sal

Clint Eastwood is Great Old-man-yells-at-chair

22Clint Eastwood is Great Empty CLINT'S HAIR 9/1/2012, 11:03 am

Slicef18

Slicef18

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Did you notice Clint's Hair last evening? It wasn't a comb-over we so often see on men Clint's age. He looked more like a 1952 Buick with the trunk-lid up because somebody has bought a brand new mower, and the trunk won't latch.

23Clint Eastwood is Great Empty Re: Clint Eastwood is Great 9/1/2012, 11:16 am

2seaoat

I really have liked his recent movies and in Torino when the kids are talking about a retirement home, his look back at his kid was priceless. I think he is brilliant in his portrayal of the aging process and he is fearless in the same. However, at some point you simply cannot perform at the same level physically or sadly mentally, and my life experience has shown that in the early 80s you begin to see failures which are never pretty and always very sad. I resent some of the young commentators making fun of him as a senile clueless old man......he is far from that, but it is the aging thing that these young people just do not want to face. We are a youth oriented society, and it once was an honor to hear our elderly person speak. Clint's humor however, was not too far from his character in torino, and his joke about Oprah crying probably made you wonder if he was in character, or if was just being Clint in old age. I will forever love this artist, and his work. He could have urinated on stage, and I would still love his body of work which has become so classic and deep rooted American.

24Clint Eastwood is Great Empty Re: Clint Eastwood is Great 9/1/2012, 11:30 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

I did notice Clint's wild hair. It was kind of cute, I thought.

I agree with Seaoat about Clint's portrayal of aging. Glad he didn't urinate on stage, lol, but he has a depth to his acting that few others can match. He has become better with age. How many people can you say that about?

25Clint Eastwood is Great Empty Re: Clint Eastwood is Great 9/1/2012, 11:35 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

Johnny Cash is another one who became better with age.....he last few recordings were the best of his career, I think.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum