Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whoa! When did Romney become a democrat?

+4
Nekochan
2seaoat
ZVUGKTUBM
boards of FL
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

[quote="ZVUGKTUBM"]
Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
boards of FL wrote:I'm serious. Can any local Romney supporter tell me, after what you saw tonight, what Romney's tax plan is?

His tax plan is to cut taxes for the rich and middle class and eliminate tax deductions. He did not say deductions which but it going to hurt me badly as don't have many. Anyone w/o children are going to be affected badly.If he cuts the child tax credits then its going to hurt the middle class badly.

He indicated that he would not eliminate deductions for lower and middle income families.

That doesn't make any sense then.Obama asked him where the revenues are coming from and if he doesn't cut deductions from the middle class then he can't produce revenues. Romney is not going to cut deductions for the rich.It has to come from the middle class where all the 47 percenters re because of the deductions. Romney is full of it.He can't do it if he cuts taxes and not tax deductions from the middle class.[/quote]

Plus, he wants to double-down on defense spending, on par with how Reagan did it 30 years ago. How did Reagan afford this after he cut taxes? by instituting the largest peacetime deficits in our nation's history. That is the only way Romney will be able to afford this also; therefore, he is lying through his teeth when he talks about how he will slash the deficit-he will not....

you guys want large policies laid out in 2 minutes lol

im sure they will be fact check and that lie detector should be fun Smile

this was fun tonight. i really enjoyed seeing obama get his assed kicked Twisted Evil

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Dreams, if the economy improves, then government revenue will go up--like with Clinton and Reagan.
As for deductions, again, Romney indicated there would be an income level where deductions would be eliminated. He did not explain details but you don't have time to explain details in 2 minutes.

There's no way the economy is going to improve w/ tax cuts.Bush's tax cuts proved that. It's the same old rhetoric from the republicans that has failed. We have tax cuts now.Romney is saying what he thinks the people want to hear. I think Obama is correct in saying he's not producing any revenue for the economy.What's going to happenis Romney is going to cut social programs for the poor to produce revenue and keep the rich w/ low taxes.

Dreams, did you listen to Romney? His plan cuts the rate but also eliminates many deductions over a certain income level. So those "loopholes" that we hear so much about--that's what he's talking about.

Obama lost big tonight. He did really poorly. Even if Obama is totally right and Romney is wrong, Obama still lost the debate.

Nekochan

Nekochan

[quote="Dreamsglore"]
Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Well, people want details and I understand that but you have an hour and a half debate with two people talking so it's impossible for either of them to explain details of their plans. Plus, CNN said that Obama was given 4 minutes more to speak tonight than Romney....not that it helped him any.

But as to deductions, Romney indicated that he would have a certain income level as a cutoff for deductions--he did not specify the amount. [/quote

Then he's not going to be be able to raise any revenues because the child tax credit and earned income credit has a income cutoff. It was somewhere around $42000 last year and the earned income credit cuts off at $13000 per year. There's no way Romney will raise any revenue for the deficit.He is blowing smoke.

More jobs, more people working=more taxes taken in by the government

Believe that if you want,Neko but Romney is not going to improve the economy by cutting taxes.It's a mathamatical impossibility.

I think you weren't listening or don't understand what Romney said.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

We'll have to see how the Votemaster's algorithms recalculate possible electoral votes after this debate and the ones coming.

http://www.electoral-vote.com/

Romney has a pretty steep hill to climb over the next 34 days to get to 270 electoral votes. He needs to win all of the swing states and win over several states which are leaning towards Obama now to get to the magic number.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Dreams, if the economy improves, then government revenue will go up--like with Clinton and Reagan.
As for deductions, again, Romney indicated there would be an income level where deductions would be eliminated. He did not explain details but you don't have time to explain details in 2 minutes.

There's no way the economy is going to improve w/ tax cuts.Bush's tax cuts proved that. It's the same old rhetoric from the republicans that has failed. We have tax cuts now.Romney is saying what he thinks the people want to hear. I think Obama is correct in saying he's not producing any revenue for the economy.What's going to happenis Romney is going to cut social programs for the poor to produce revenue and keep the rich w/ low taxes.

Dreams, did you listen to Romney? His plan cuts the rate but also eliminates many deductions over a certain income level. So those "loopholes" that we hear so much about--that's what he's talking about.

Obama lost big tonight. He did really poorly. Even if Obama is totally right and Romney is wrong, Obama still lost the debate.

I don't think Obama did poorly at all. He wasn't as aggressive as Romney-that's for sure but he made more sense and left it up to the people to see the ludicrousness of what Romney was saying. Do you really think cutting the loopholes and lowering the tax rate for the rich is going to produce any revenue? All he really is doing is keeping it the same.The debate has little significance on how people will vote and they already said this prior to the debate.Romney will cut the programs for the poor.This is what he is saying.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

I don't think Obama did poorly at all. He wasn't as aggressive as Romney-that's for sure but he made more sense and left it up to the people to see the ludicrousness of what Romney was saying. Do you really think cutting the loopholes and lowering the tax rate for the rich is going to produce any revenue? All he really is doing is keeping it the same.The debate has little significance on how people will vote and they already said this prior to the debate.Romney will cut the programs for the poor.This is what he is saying.

I think that more jobs will increase revenue. Just like it has in the past.
Romney also said he would cut spending but he didn't say he would cut spending for the poor.

[quote="Nekochan"]
Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Well, people want details and I understand that but you have an hour and a half debate with two people talking so it's impossible for either of them to explain details of their plans. Plus, CNN said that Obama was given 4 minutes more to speak tonight than Romney....not that it helped him any.

But as to deductions, Romney indicated that he would have a certain income level as a cutoff for deductions--he did not specify the amount. [/quote

Then he's not going to be be able to raise any revenues because the child tax credit and earned income credit has a income cutoff. It was somewhere around $42000 last year and the earned income credit cuts off at $13000 per year. There's no way Romney will raise any revenue for the deficit.He is blowing smoke.

More jobs, more people working=more taxes taken in by the government

Believe that if you want,Neko but Romney is not going to improve the economy by cutting taxes.It's a mathamatical impossibility.

I think you weren't listening or don't understand what Romney said.

I heard everything he said and as Obama said to him "you're not producing any revenue and mathmatically it doesn't work.

Whoa!  When did Romney become a democrat? - Page 2 249514_529281793764859_527750972_n

Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Yes, he said he would cut programs.Obama then told him the programs he cut.

Romney also said he would cut spending but he didn't say he would cut spending for the poor.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Yes, he said he would cut programs.Obama then told him the programs he cut. I put it in the wrong place.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Yes, he said he would cut programs.Obama then told him the programs he cut. I put it in the wrong place.

Obama spent more in 4 years than Bush did in 8!

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

When you look at it logically, the only way to slash the deficit is to do it Ron Paul and Gary Johnson's way. There has to be massive cuts to all sectors of government, including sacred cow programs that Republicans love, like defense. When Romney says defense cuts are off the table during his administration in any of his budgets (and note, he really wants to increase defense spending), he can't be taken seriously when he speaks about deficit reduction. Which leads me to believe that most of everything else he is saying is bullshit and double-speak.

Nekochan

Nekochan

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:When you look at it logically, the only way to slash the deficit is to do it Ron Paul and Gary Johnson's way. There has to be massive cuts to all sectors of government, including sacred cow programs that Republicans love, like defense. When Romney says defense cuts are off the table during his administration in any of his budgets (and note, he really wants to increase defense spending), he can't be taken seriously when he speaks about deficit reduction. Which leads me to believe that most of everything else he is saying is bullshit and double-speak.

Romney said he wouldn't cut the military. He didn't say he wouldn't cut any defense spending. Two different issues, which I would like to see him explain in some detail.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Z, Romney's own website says that he would cut federal employees (through attrition) 10%. Some of that would likely be in the DOD.

2seaoat

The President got his butt kicked tonight.....he started the blather about education....more teachers.......he just does not get how you deal with a sociopath.....I have watched him play basketball and he simply is soft with his passes, rebounding, and defense....I have played against players like him for years....you stick an elbow in their ribs and push them out of the box and the first thing they are doing is looking for a ref......Now Romney I could never imagine playing a sport....sociopaths rarely play sports....but Obama he thinks that there are rules, refs, and boundaries of the game....when you are debating a sociopath there is no ref......and Jim as moderator got bullied and lost control.....the rules were not followed because facts and prior statements mean nothing, there was no out of bounds....no foul line, and when Romney started elbowing .....Obama retreated......I would have knocked him on his asz, and Newt would have knocked him on his asz and pizzed on him as the media screamed that Newt was crazy.....sorry this debate showed a great deal of truth tonight....it showed clearly Obama's weakness that there are rules in a knife fight, and if anybody does not recognize who Romney is....a classic sociopath....and a person who his wife knows is really imbalanced. He will never be president....I have zero doubt about this.....Americans may hate Obama....they may see his glaring weakness.......but Romney is the least qualified person to run for President in history.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Nekochan wrote:Z, Romney's own website says that he would cut federal employees (through attrition) 10%. Some of that would likely be in the DOD.

That's not enough to even put a dent in a trillion dollar annual deficit. Smoke and mirrors. He really has no defined plan to cut government spending, and he only spoke doublespeak about how he would accomplish anything on his agenda tonight. Seaoat's analyses about the candidate and the election are looking more correct with each passing moment.

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:Obama should have nailed him on his 47% statements, should have had a "come back" in Romney's dig about green jobs. There was no answer from Obama on that.
He did stick up for investing in our future and challenged how Romney was going to balance his budget without raising taxes for the middle class. The money will come from somewhere and it sure as shootin' ain't going to be from the top earners.
Romney wins the night. Obama needs to get out the big guns.

Unless they allow President Barack Hussein Obama bring his fleet of teleprompters, connected directly to computers so all Obama has to do is read his lines, this is as good as it gets.

Without his teleprompter, President Obama would lose the free lunch on the table topics competition at a Toastmaster Meeting. The "UH" counter would lose count.

2seaoat

Unless they allow President Barack Hussein Obama bring his fleet of teleprompters, connected directly to computers so all Obama has to do is read his lines, this is as good as it gets.

Actually Obama concentrated in Preparation to be polite and not beat up Romney because that would raise his negatives, and Jim lost control of the debate and when Romney simply lied about his positions.....Obama was clearly unable to meet his strategy which.....whatever you do.....do not be negative, and take Romney to the mat for his lies. However, the President was dead cinch correct in his numbers and substance. He just is a soft basketball player and a soft debater.....and as one commentator stated last night.....it is the first time in four years somebody talked to him in this manner....a sociopath must be dealt with very simply.....counterpunch.

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:When you look at it logically, the only way to slash the deficit is to do it Ron Paul and Gary Johnson's way. There has to be massive cuts to all sectors of government, including sacred cow programs that Republicans love, like defense. When Romney says defense cuts are off the table during his administration in any of his budgets (and note, he really wants to increase defense spending), he can't be taken seriously when he speaks about deficit reduction. Which leads me to believe that most of everything else he is saying is bullshit and double-speak.

I hope he looks at gov pensions. we spend more for pensions than we do on defense, or healthcare or welfare.

pensions is out of control..

2seaoat wrote:Unless they allow President Barack Hussein Obama bring his fleet of teleprompters, connected directly to computers so all Obama has to do is read his lines, this is as good as it gets.

Actually Obama concentrated in Preparation to be polite and not beat up Romney because that would raise his negatives, and Jim lost control of the debate and when Romney simply lied about his positions.....Obama was clearly unable to meet his strategy which.....whatever you do.....do not be negative, and take Romney to the mat for his lies. However, the President was dead cinch correct in his numbers and substance. He just is a soft basketball player and a soft debater.....and as one commentator stated last night.....it is the first time in four years somebody talked to him in this manner....a sociopath must be dealt with very simply.....counterpunch.

oh what ever. your speewing a tired old line. ive watched many debates and every singel one of them people try to go over time or ask for more time. did you not get the memo obama had more talk time.

your problem is romney came in strong and was a LEADER. obama was weak, fumbly and wasted his talk time mumbling. you dont like that. compliain to obama, he didnt have what it takes. never did, it was all a hollywood american idol show from obama to begin with. there was never leadership or substance.

Here's a fact check for you:
ROMNEY: Let me repeat what I said, I'm not in favor of a $5 trillion tax cut. That's not my plan. My plan is not to put in place any tax cut that will add to the deficit.
What is Romney's plan?
He has proposed making the Bush tax cuts permanent for all income levels -- then cutting all rates by an additional 20 percent. He would also repeal the alternative minimum tax and permanently repeal the estate tax.
The non-partisan Tax Policy Center concluded that Romney's tax plan would cost $4.8 trillion over 10 years.
Romney said -- once again tonight -- that his plan would be paid for by closing loopholes in the tax code and by getting rid of some tax deductions and credits. But he has repeatedly declined to say which deductions he'd eliminate, saying he'd work with Congress to make those decisions.

here's what they were talking about with the 5 trillion$ , its been rated not quiet factual.

Obama Fact Check #3: Romney Would Raise Defense Spending — 10:04 p.m.: President Obama: This is where there is a difference because Governor Romney’s central economic plan calls for a 5 trillion dollar tax cut on top of the extension of the Bush tax cuts so that is another trillion dollars. (11) And two trillion dollars in additional military spending that the military hasn’t asked for.

Luis Martinez has the facts:

The Romney campaign has said that it would like to see spending for Defense increased to 4% of GDP. In May, Travis Sharp from the Center for a New American Security worked for CNN Money to calculate that raising defense spending to that percentage of GDP would be the same as $2.1 trillion in additional spending over the next 10 years.

I believe Obama is saying that the military hasn’t asked for that spending because the Department of Defense has submitted budgets based on strategic interests that are in line with Obama administration cuts over the next decade.

On the Romney campaign website you find this quote:

• Requires spending cuts of approximately $500 billion per year in 2016 assuming robust economic recovery with 4% annual growth, and reversal of irresponsible Obama-era defense cuts

Current Defense spending levels are estimated to be 3.5 for what’s called base Defense spending.

Previous supporters of increasing that to 4% GDP include Gates and Mullen.

On November 26, 2007 at the Alf Landon lecture then Defense Secretary Gates said military spending then by adding the costs of the wars pushed military spending to 4% . He called that percentage serves as a benchmark,as a rough floor of how much we should spend on defense.” Here’s the full quote “Overall, our current military spending amounts to about 4 percent of GDP, below the historic norm and well below previous wartime periods. Nonetheless, we use this benchmark as a rough floor of how much we should spend on defense. We lack a similar benchmark for other departments and institutions.

On February 1, 2008 Adm. Mike Mullen said;

I believe that we need to have a broad public discussion about what we should spend on defense. I’ve been very clear about my belief that a 4 percent floor, a 4 percent of GDP floor is really that, and I am concerned and I — this comes from my evolution as a service chief, where we worked very hard to efficiently and effectively invest for the future, and in that development, I’ve gotten to a point where I think — I really do believe — this 4 percent floor is important. And it’s — and it’s really important, given the world we’re living in, given the threats that we see out there, the risks that are, in fact, global, not just in the Middle East, and that we as a nation need to be very careful about how we’re going to invest in defense in order to handle these kinds of challenges which are going to — while will persist for the foreseeable future.

reaper1948 wrote:Here's a fact check for you:
ROMNEY: Let me repeat what I said, I'm not in favor of a $5 trillion tax cut. That's not my plan. My plan is not to put in place any tax cut that will add to the deficit.
What is Romney's plan?
He has proposed making the Bush tax cuts permanent for all income levels -- then cutting all rates by an additional 20 percent. He would also repeal the alternative minimum tax and permanently repeal the estate tax.
The non-partisan Tax Policy Center concluded that Romney's tax plan would cost $4.8 trillion over 10 years.
Romney said -- once again tonight -- that his plan would be paid for by closing loopholes in the tax code and by getting rid of some tax deductions and credits. But he has repeatedly declined to say which deductions he'd eliminate, saying he'd work with Congress to make those decisions.

This is what I'm saying.As somebody who does taxes, if Romney gets rid of tax deductions only for the rich there is no way he is going to reduce the deficit.He is talking about getting rid of the credits and exemptions the middle class get like the mortgage interest deduction and the child care tax credit and earned income credit.Those are huge for the middle class and poor. By taking these away I will pay more in taxes.That's a fact.The only deductions I get is the mortgage interest and the credit for 401k which is not a big deduction. If anyone for a minute believes he is going to lower taxes this way is just really clueless.

Margin Call

Margin Call

Dreamsglore wrote:
reaper1948 wrote:Here's a fact check for you:
What is Romney's plan?

This is what I'm saying.As somebody who does taxes, if Romney gets rid of tax deductions only for the rich there is no way he is going to reduce the deficit.He is talking about getting rid of the credits and exemptions the middle class get like the mortgage interest deduction and the child care tax credit and earned income credit.Those are huge for the middle class and poor. By taking these away I will pay more in taxes.That's a fact.The only deductions I get is the mortgage interest and the credit for 401k which is not a big deduction. If anyone for a minute believes he is going to lower taxes this way is just really clueless.

Romney tacitly admitted the math doesn't work when he said: "That's not my plan".

2seaoat

Romney won the battle, but lost the war.......the math does not work, and yes.....American standardized math scores have fallen.....but not that far.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum