Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whoa! When did Romney become a democrat?

+4
Nekochan
2seaoat
ZVUGKTUBM
boards of FL
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

boards of FL

boards of FL

Quite the shift tonight!

boards of FL

boards of FL

So....what is Romney's tax plan again? I guess the 20% across the board is gone? Perhaps a supporter can clarify?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

boards of FL wrote:Quite the shift tonight!

Whoa!  When did Romney become a democrat? MittRomneySnakeOilSalesman-300x169

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

He is a classic sociopath:
Glibness and Superficial Charm

Manipulative and Conning
They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.

Grandiose Sense of Self
Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."

Pathological Lying
Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.

Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

Shallow Emotions
When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.

Incapacity for Love

The man is sick.......and he is the last person in America who should be the President of the United States.

boards of FL

boards of FL

I'm serious. Can any local Romney supporter tell me, after what you saw tonight, what Romney's tax plan is?

i dont rember it all.

however, he is a moderate, everyone knows that

he kicked obamas butt tonight Razz

Even on MSNBC right now they are slamming Obama. They are coming off the rails. This is hilarious.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Romney has said all along that he wants to cut the tax rate but do away with many deductions and exemptions. I guess he could have gone into all the details, but that would take all night.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Obama should have nailed him on his 47% statements, should have had a "come back" in Romney's dig about green jobs. There was no answer from Obama on that.
He did stick up for investing in our future and challenged how Romney was going to balance his budget without raising taxes for the middle class. The money will come from somewhere and it sure as shootin' ain't going to be from the top earners.
Romney wins the night. Obama needs to get out the big guns.

boards of FL wrote:I'm serious. Can any local Romney supporter tell me, after what you saw tonight, what Romney's tax plan is?

His tax plan is to cut taxes for the rich and middle class and eliminate tax deductions. He did not say deductions which but it going to hurt me badly as don't have many. Anyone w/o children are going to be affected badly.If he cuts the child tax credits then its going to hurt the middle class badly.

Nekochan

Nekochan

When the economy improves, government revenue will increase.

othershoe1030 wrote:Obama should have nailed him on his 47% statements, should have had a "come back" in Romney's dig about green jobs. There was no answer from Obama on that.
He did stick up for investing in our future and challenged how Romney was going to balance his budget without raising taxes for the middle class. The money will come from somewhere and it sure as shootin' ain't going to be from the top earners.
Romney wins the night. Obama needs to get out the big guns.

Romney was certainly more aggressive as Obama was somewhat lethargic. The tax deductions are going to hurt the middle class more than the rich as the rich don't get the childcare deductions which is huge for the middle class.The rich will benefit more.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:
boards of FL wrote:I'm serious. Can any local Romney supporter tell me, after what you saw tonight, what Romney's tax plan is?

His tax plan is to cut taxes for the rich and middle class and eliminate tax deductions. He did not say deductions which but it going to hurt me badly as don't have many. Anyone w/o children are going to be affected badly.If he cuts the child tax credits then its going to hurt the middle class badly.

He indicated that he would not eliminate deductions for lower and middle income families.

Dreamsglore wrote:

I don't recall hearing one mention of the child tax credit. I do recall at the beginning of the debate Obama stating Romney was going to increase taxes on the middle class not once but 3 times and all three times Romney shot him down saying he would not raise taxes on the middle class. Obama was completely unprepared.

Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

He indicated that he would not eliminate deductions for lower and middle income families.

That doesn't make any sense then.Obama asked him where the revenues are coming from and if he doesn't cut deductions from the middle class then he can't produce revenues. Romney is not going to cut deductions for the rich.It has to come from the middle class where all the 47 percenters re because of the deductions. Romney is full of it.He can't do it if he cuts taxes and not tax deductions from the middle class.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Well, people want details and I understand that but you have an hour and a half debate with two people talking so it's impossible for either of them to explain details of their plans. Plus, CNN said that Obama was given 4 minutes more to speak tonight than Romney....not that it helped him any.

But as to deductions, Romney indicated that he would have a certain income level as a cutoff for deductions--he did not specify the amount.

alecto wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

I don't recall hearing one mention of the child tax credit. I do recall at the beginning of the debate Obama stating Romney was going to increase taxes on the middle class not once but 3 times and all three times Romney shot him down saying he would not raise taxes on the middle
class. Obama was completely unprepared.

Romney didn't mention which credits but the child tax credit is the biggest credit the middle class get. He would have to cut that to raise revenues.Obama was right in saying he had no plan to raise revenues for the deficit.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreams, if the economy improves, then government revenue will go up--like with Clinton and Reagan.
As for deductions, again, Romney indicated there would be an income level where deductions would be eliminated. He did not explain details but you don't have time to explain details in 2 minutes.

[quote="Nekochan"]Well, people want details and I understand that but you have an hour and a half debate with two people talking so it's impossible for either of them to explain details of their plans. Plus, CNN said that Obama was given 4 minutes more to speak tonight than Romney....not that it helped him any.

But as to deductions, Romney indicated that he would have a certain income level as a cutoff for deductions--he did not specify the amount. [/quote

Then he's not going to be be able to raise any revenues because the child tax credit and earned income credit has a income cutoff. It was somewhere around $42000 last year and the earned income credit cuts off at $13000 per year. There's no way Romney will raise any revenue for the deficit.He is blowing smoke.

knothead

knothead

Romney had a good night, he was well prepared and had his talking points on (his) substantive issues. Further, he showed theatrical aggression and President Obama seemed determined to take the high road and debate with dignity and aplomb which is a mistake with so much on the line. Seaoat has it right, he is a sociopath in a sense in that he can say whatever he likes without being supported by mathematical realities and his failure or inability to address specifics on tax loop holes, medicare modifications, passing issues to states, etc., All in all, Romney came in on the ropes but survived and did what he had to do, he spoke in circles which is sufficient for many voters. We'll see.

Last edited by knothead on 10/3/2012, 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

boards of FL

boards of FL

So I guess 1) Romney is not going to cut any taxes for the top tax brackets and 2) he has some sort of healthcare plan that covers everyone with pre-existing conditions.

Damn. He won this debate!

Nekochan

Nekochan

[quote="Dreamsglore"]
Nekochan wrote:Well, people want details and I understand that but you have an hour and a half debate with two people talking so it's impossible for either of them to explain details of their plans. Plus, CNN said that Obama was given 4 minutes more to speak tonight than Romney....not that it helped him any.

But as to deductions, Romney indicated that he would have a certain income level as a cutoff for deductions--he did not specify the amount. [/quote

Then he's not going to be be able to raise any revenues because the child tax credit and earned income credit has a income cutoff. It was somewhere around $42000 last year and the earned income credit cuts off at $13000 per year. There's no way Romney will raise any revenue for the deficit.He is blowing smoke.

More jobs, more people working=more taxes taken in by the government

Nekochan wrote:Dreams, if the economy improves, then government revenue will go up--like with Clinton and Reagan.
As for deductions, again, Romney indicated there would be an income level where deductions would be eliminated. He did not explain details but you don't have time to explain details in 2 minutes.

There's no way the economy is going to improve w/ tax cuts.Bush's tax cuts proved that. It's the same old rhetoric from the republicans that has failed. We have tax cuts now.Romney is saying what he thinks the people want to hear. I think Obama is correct in saying he's not producing any revenue for the economy.What's going to happenis Romney is going to cut social programs for the poor to produce revenue and keep the rich w/ low taxes.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

[quote="Dreamsglore"]
Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

That doesn't make any sense then.Obama asked him where the revenues are coming from and if he doesn't cut deductions from the middle class then he can't produce revenues. Romney is not going to cut deductions for the rich.It has to come from the middle class where all the 47 percenters re because of the deductions. Romney is full of it.He can't do it if he cuts taxes and not tax deductions from the middle class.[/quote]

Plus, he wants to double-down on defense spending, on par with how Reagan did it 30 years ago. How did Reagan afford this after he cut taxes? by instituting the largest peacetime deficits in our nation's history. That is the only way Romney will be able to afford this also; therefore, he is lying through his teeth when he talks about how he will slash the deficit-he will not....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

[quote="Nekochan"]
Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Well, people want details and I understand that but you have an hour and a half debate with two people talking so it's impossible for either of them to explain details of their plans. Plus, CNN said that Obama was given 4 minutes more to speak tonight than Romney....not that it helped him any.

More jobs, more people working=more taxes taken in by the government

Believe that if you want,Neko but Romney is not going to improve the economy by cutting taxes.It's a mathamatical impossibility.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum