Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obama so butthurt he won't take photo with trump and his wife

+5
Sal
Wordslinger
Markle
Joanimaroni
ZVUGKTUBM
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Vikingwoman

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:If you wingnuts think President Obama is going to leave the Whitehouse with his head hanging low, you are wrong. The transition between Barrack Obama and Donald Trump is going to go exceedingly well, and both men respect each other greatly.

Please consider this as you perform your victory rolls over the airfield.

I am actually looking forward to seeing what Mr. Trump might do.  Some of his stuff I can align with.

I don't believe Obama respects him at all but he has too much class to not to be cordial. The White House has reiterated what Obama said about him during the campaign still stands.

Sal

Sal

Vikingwoman wrote:
I don't believe Obama respects him at all but he has too much class to not to be cordial. The White House has reiterated what Obama said about him during the campaign still stands.

Obama so butthurt he won't take photo with trump and his wife  - Page 2 Captur20

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Sal wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:

Obama so butthurt he won't take photo with trump and his wife  - Page 2 Captur20

Here is where the moderate in me comes out....

Those photographs are taken with the camera set on the burst-shooting mode, and multiple frames are collected. So it is easy to capture a pose and then use it in a post like the one you showed. This tactic has been used a lot against the Obamas and Clintons as well.

That being said, the transition between Obama and Trump is going to go exceedingly well, and mainstream news sources said their first meeting yesterday was a very cordial one. Both of the wives also had a very friendly meeting.

The takeaways: (1) the transition will go as good or better than previous ones; (2) President Obama is not going to leave "butthurt" or with his tail between his legs (nor will Michelle); (3) Trump is not going to come storming in to throw out the current occupants of the Whitehouse; (4) extremists from both the left and the right will claim otherwise, but what they claim will not be true.

There will not be an insurrection against Trump because of his win, and he is not looking to start one from his end either.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sal

Sal

I don't think your comments indicate a "moderate".

I think that they ....

1) Indicate someone who doesn't appreciate a superbly crafted caption.

and

2) Indicate someone who is trying to normalize Trump, when his history suggests that is an extremely risky position to take.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Sal wrote:I don't think your comments indicate a "moderate".

Well, I voted against Trump. But, I happen to be a registered Republican (since 1970) and there are some things about his platform that I do not reject.

I do online academic surveys at Amazon Mechanical Turk (for small payments-helps keep me in Kindle books). I have done over 790 surveys since January, with many being politically oriented. I always put myself down as a weak Republican, with moderate political views. And yes, I tell them I voted for Mrs. Clinton. I can handle many positions from both sides of the aisle and eschew the extremities of both sides.

I particularly reject the positions of the extremist positions of the hard-right, as pushed by a couple of posters on this forum. They have succeeded in driving me further toward the left in many of my positions.

I'll give President Trump a shot and withhold my criticisms until I feel they are due. I'll keep my fingers crossed that he will be a better leader than George W. Bush (whom I greatly disliked) was.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Well, I voted against Trump. But, I happen to be a registered Republican (since 1970) and there are some things about his platform that I do not reject.

I do online academic surveys at Amazon Mechanical Turk (for small payments-helps keep me in Kindle books). I have done over 790 surveys since January, with many being politically oriented. I always put myself down as a weak Republican, with moderate political views. And yes, I tell them I voted for Mrs. Clinton. I can handle many positions from both sides of the aisle and eschew the extremities of both sides.

I particularly reject the positions of the extremist positions of the hard-right, as pushed by a couple of posters on this forum. They have succeeded in driving me further toward the left in many of my positions.

I'll give President Trump a shot and withhold my criticisms until I feel they are due. I'll keep my fingers crossed that he will be a better leader than George W. Bush (whom I greatly disliked) was.

Why not tell them the truth, that you are a radical Progressive with radical political views?  Are you afraid that if you do that they'll toss you from the list?

What hard right positions, pushed by President-Elect Trump do you consider too far?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Why not tell them the truth, that you are a radical Progressive with radical political views?  Are you afraid that if you do that they'll toss you from the list?

What hard right positions, pushed by President-Elect Trump do you consider too far?

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I will keep Lame Dork poster Markle in suspense concerning my real political views......

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Sal wrote:Maybe, this had something to do with it? ....

President-elect Donald Trump on Thursday refused to let a group of journalists travel with him to cover his historic first meeting with President Barack Obama, breaking a long-standing practice intended to ensure the public has a watchful eye on the nation's leader.

Trump flew from New York to Washington on his private jet without that "pool" of reporters, photographers and television cameras that have traveled with presidents and presidents-elect.

Trump's flouting of press access was one of his first public decisions since his election Tuesday.

Trump's meeting with Obama on Thursday will be recorded by the pool of White House reporters, photographers and TV cameras who cover the president.

News organizations had for weeks tried to coordinate a pool of journalists who could begin to travel with Trump immediately after Election Day if he won election. But his campaign did not cooperate with those requests and his senior advisers refused Wednesday, the day after the election, to discuss any such press arrangements.

Trump also broke from tradition as a candidate, refusing to allow a pool of campaign reporters, photographers or cameras to fly on his plane as he traveled to events.

Every president in recent memory has traveled with a pool of journalists when they leave the White House grounds. A pool of reporters and photographers were in the motorcade when President John F. Kennedy was shot and killed in Dallas.

The pool was just steps away from President Ronald Reagan when he was shot outside a hotel in the District of Columbia, and was stationed outside his hospital room as he recovered. The pool also travels on vacation and foreign trips and at times captures personal, historic moments of the presidency.

News organizations take turns serving in the small group, paying their way and sharing the material collected in the pool with the larger press corps. The pool also covers official events at the White House when space doesn't allow for the full press corps.

https://apnews.com/22b62277e34b47008a760c660084968a

Trump has been notoriously, historically opaque through the campaign.

Apparently, he's going to carry that practice into the White House.

Thank you so much for posting this. This is the report I heard and read everywhere yesterday. The garbage posted about President Obama not wanting to have pictures taken with the Trumps is obviously hogwash.

Good Lord in Heaven, don't we have enough REAL things to debate and worry about without making up this school yard level of false statements?

The one correction I saw regarding the meeting was the statement that Trump made in the post meeting interview in front of the cameras when he said the meeting had originally been scheduled for about 10 minutes. That was not the case. It was scheduled to last about an hour and ran for about 90 minutes, which I take to be a good sign.

Make America Smart Again

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I will keep Lame Dork poster Markle in suspense concerning my real political views......

No suspense whatsoever. No different, then my good friend 2seaoat claiming to be a Republican.

Abraham Lincoln summed it up perfectly when he told the story of a man walked into a bar with his dog. The man asked the barkeep how many legs the dog had if the called the dogs tail a leg. The barkeep said five! No said the man, the answer is four because calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Interesting....I didn't know the press always flew with the president and the president elect...including private airplanes.

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:

President-elect Donald Trump on Thursday refused to let a group of journalists travel with him to cover his historic first meeting with President Barack Obama, breaking a long-standing practice intended to ensure the public has a watchful eye on the nation's leader.

Trump flew from New York to Washington on his private jet without that "pool" of reporters, photographers and television cameras that have traveled with presidents and presidents-elect.

Trump's flouting of press access was one of his first public decisions since his election Tuesday.

Trump's meeting with Obama on Thursday will be recorded by the pool of White House reporters, photographers and TV cameras who cover the president.

News organizations had for weeks tried to coordinate a pool of journalists who could begin to travel with Trump immediately after Election Day if he won election. But his campaign did not cooperate with those requests and his senior advisers refused Wednesday, the day after the election, to discuss any such press arrangements.

Trump also broke from tradition as a candidate, refusing to allow a pool of campaign reporters, photographers or cameras to fly on his plane as he traveled to events.

Every president in recent memory has traveled with a pool of journalists when they leave the White House grounds. A pool of reporters and photographers were in the motorcade when President John F. Kennedy was shot and killed in Dallas.

The pool was just steps away from President Ronald Reagan when he was shot outside a hotel in the District of Columbia, and was stationed outside his hospital room as he recovered. The pool also travels on vacation and foreign trips and at times captures personal, historic moments of the presidency.

News organizations take turns serving in the small group, paying their way and sharing the material collected in the pool with the larger press corps. The pool also covers official events at the White House when space doesn't allow for the full press corps.

Thank you so much for posting this. This is the report I heard and read everywhere yesterday. The garbage posted about President Obama not wanting to have pictures taken with the Trumps is obviously hogwash.

Good Lord in Heaven, don't we have enough REAL things to debate and worry about without making up this school yard level of false statements?

The one correction I saw regarding the meeting was the statement that Trump made in the post meeting interview in front of the cameras when he said the meeting had originally been scheduled for about 10 minutes. That was not the case. It was scheduled to last about an hour and ran for about 90 minutes, which I take to be a good sign.

Make America Smart Again

Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama refused to have photos taken of his family, the Obama's, greeting the Trump family at the front door of the White House.  A traditional photo op for other transitions.

President Obama, his family, the Clinton's and millions of other Democrats were devastated, crushed if you will, but that is no excuse for bad manners.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:No suspense whatsoever.  No different, then my good friend 2seaoat claiming to be a Republican.

I actually align very well with many of Seaoat's positions. We are both lifelong registered Republicans, so deal with it.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

othershoe1030 wrote:Good Lord in Heaven, don't we have enough REAL things to debate and worry about without making up this school yard level of false statements?

Lame Dork poster Markle is famous for sensationalizing the most trivial facts about the Obamas. He has not made a completely truthful comment that is not politically slanted on this forum in years. He often politicizes non-political threads over in the General section, too.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:No suspense whatsoever.  No different, then my good friend 2seaoat claiming to be a Republican.

I actually align very well with many of Seaoat's positions. We are both lifelong registered Republicans, so deal with it.

Matters not to me. If I was a Democrat, I'd be ashamed of it too.

Abraham Lincoln summed it up perfectly when he told the story of a man walked into a bar with his dog. The man asked the barkeep how many legs the dog had if they called the dogs tail a leg. The barkeep said five! No said the man, the answer is four because calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

Make America Smart Again

Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama refused to have photos taken of his family, the Obama's, greeting the Trump family at the front door of the White House.  A traditional photo op for other transitions.

President Obama, his family, the Clinton's and millions of other Democrats were devastated, crushed if you will, but that is no excuse for bad manners.

Obama's bad manners? You and I sure see things differently. I was absolutely amazed that Obama was able to control his urge to vomit in the close presence of President Pussy Grabber with the dead rat on his head.

The world knows Obama is a faithful and good husband, and a loving father to two charming and respected young women.

President Pussy Grabber flew to a Caribbean island owned by a fellow billionaire who maintained a private sex resort which featured making young, underage girls available for sexual trysts to exclusive guests. Trump returned for several visits - while still married to his Slovenian soft-porn model. To be fair, William Jefferson Clinton also made several trips to his friend's Fantasy Island.

President Obama leaves his eight year stint at Disney Swamp East with his reputation as the coolest president ever undaunted.

Reality.

RealLindaL

othershoe1030 wrote:Good Lord in Heaven, don't we have enough REAL things to debate and worry about without making up this school yard level of false statements?

Exactly so, OS.   My biggest gripe with a couple of hard right wingerrs on this forum is that they completely waste everyone else's precious time by continually posting phony, factless CRAP from the likes of Breitbart and others.   We don't have time for this s--t, or at least I don't.  I hardly bother reading most of their posts any more because so many times they turn out to be absolutely baseless, false baloney (which, of course, the posters haven't bothered to fact check themselves, leaving it to US to do the work.).  

And because of that, their personal credibility is absolutely in the tank, but they don't seem to know or care that they thus do themselves and their positions or causes no good whatsoever -- in fact, just the opposite.  It's really quite stupid, is the only word I can come up with.

Markle

Markle

RealLindaL wrote:

Exactly so, OS.   My biggest gripe with a couple of hard right wingerrs on this forum is that they completely waste everyone else's precious time by continually posting phony, factless CRAP from the likes of Breitbart and others.   We don't have time for this s--t, or at least I don't.  I hardly bother reading most of their posts any more because so many times they turn out to be absolutely baseless, false baloney (which, of course, the posters haven't bothered to fact check themselves, leaving it to US to do the work.).  

And because of that, their personal credibility is absolutely in the tank, but they don't seem to know or care that they thus do themselves and their positions or causes no good whatsoever -- in fact, just the opposite.  It's really quite stupid, is the only word I can come up with.  

I understand your misguided sorrow and anger. You have yet to prove anything I have posted false. It must really get you in a twist.

My sympathies!

RealLindaL

Markle wrote:I understand your misguided sorrow and anger.  You have yet to prove anything I have posted false.  It must really get you in a twist.

My sympathies!

No, my sympathies to your friends and family, for having to put up with your disgustingly arrogant self, Markle. You must be so very proud of how you anger and irritate people.

The only credit I can give you here is that our favorite north county Christian "teacher," TTT, has you beat in terms of the number of outright falsehoods he insults us with on the forum. It's just about every thread he begins these days, in fact.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

I understand your misguided sorrow and anger.  You have yet to prove anything I have posted false.  It must really get you in a twist.

My sympathies!

Tell us again oh wise one, that Amerikan Cops don't shoot down black women ....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum