Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My wife the teacher thinks Trump is an Asperger spectrum kid

+2
TEOTWAWKI
2seaoat
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

She taught for 35 years and had years of dealing with kids with the spectrum disorders now associated with Autism.   Trump she argues is  characterized by significant difficulties in social interaction and nonverbal communication, alongside restricted and repetitive patterns of behavior and interests.  It is his repetitive speech and high cognitive skills which include a high linguistic skill set.  She started to describe the constant repetitive patterns and his non verbal(now certainly becoming verbal) discomfort with social interactions with people he does not consider attractive.  Her point is his placement in a Military school to try to structure his adolescent years when the syndrome could have spun out of control or in his case allow him the structure to succeed which may spectrum kids do with this particular part of the spectrum.  Even when I watched him on the Apprentice, I did pick up the repetitive nature of his ideas which is almost out of his control.   I am going to do more reading, but I think he may be the first of many more to come kids who are in the spectrum who can succeed with guidance, but may not be best suited to be the President of the United States.

She also said in classroom environment they are very unfiltered and convinced they are right which often leads to disruption in the classroom. Smart kids, but with very serious and observable syndrome which has consequences in their development.

Last edited by 2seaoat on 1/6/2016, 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Does that mean he can't buy a gun now ?

2seaoat

I do not know enough about the high level autism. I do know after sandy hook the Asperger spectrum kids were painted with a wide brush and it is something which must be discussed but carefully as many are concerned that the generalities like saying all Muslims are terrorists is as dangerous or more dangerous than the risk somebody might be protected from......

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/19/health/shooting-autism/

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

My nephew is autistic. He is one of the sweetest people on the planet, but he clings to his routine. It's hard for someone like him to deviate from an expected norm. I don't know whether Trump could be considered autistic, but he's definitely speaking to the lowest common denominator.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Mild form of asperger syndrome is quite possible. He would also be in the high IQ level of asperger's.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Does that mean he can't buy a gun now ?

Ted Cruz certainly hopes so.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Floridatexan wrote:
My nephew is autistic.  He is one of the sweetest people on the planet, but he clings to his routine.  It's hard for someone like him to deviate from an expected norm.  I don't know whether Trump could be considered autistic, but he's definitely speaking to the lowest common denominator.

The "lowest common denominator" is 40% of the republican coalition.

Vikingwoman

I don't believe Trump is autistic but I do believe he has a Narcissist Personality Disorder which is different from being a narcissist.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum