Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I will say this, Comey's blunder has made this election much too close for comfort

+3
Floridatexan
Sal
boards of FL
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

boards of FL

boards of FL

FiveThirtyEight still has Clinton with a 65.6% to 34.2% edge, though the current path to 270 looks much much too close for comfort.  It really all comes down to New Hampshire at the moment.  This could certainly change, as Clinton was leading comfortably until Comey made his blunder.  My fear here is that there are going to be many conservatives out there who in public say "I'm voting for Johnson" because they're ashamed to admit they're really voting for Trump.  This could very well distort the polls such that Trump's support is underestimated.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/?ex_cid=rrpromo

Sal

Sal

I share your concern about a hidden pool of deplorables, although I'm optimistic that they can be offset by Trump supporters who are either too stupid or too hungover to find their way to the polls.

I predict a very low turnout. Two terrible candidates.

The American citizenry missed the perfect opportunity to reject the ruling political and monied elite.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I certainly wouldn't refer to Comey's actions as a "blunder"...more like a calculated maneuver.

2seaoat

I think PK is completely correct that turnout will be the key. If people think that Trump is beat.....they will not turn out. However, I think as this tightens up the horror of Trump as President will have large turnouts. The American people are not stupid and they certainly are not immoral.

Floridatexan wrote:I certainly wouldn't refer to Comey's actions as a "blunder"...more like a calculated maneuver.  

Guess what he would've done had hillary followed the protocols and laws?

This is on hillary... every single bit of it. Comey bent over backwards to give her a pass.

Sal

Sal

The FBI is completely out of control.

First came Comey's absurd letter intended to breathe new life into the dead email nontroversy.

Then, the FBI's long dormant Twitter feed comes alive with tweets regarding the Marc Rich pardon and Fred Trump - "philanthropist" (the FBI is now reportedly investigating their own Twitter account).

Then, the leak regarding allegations surrounding a donor to democratic Senate candidate, Patrick Murphy.

And worst of all, leaks to the WSJ regarding Clinton Foundation allegations made by a Breitbart editor and rightwing propagandist.

Comey has proven that he has no control over his agency and is unwilling to stand up to partisan pressure.

He should resign.

He's obviously not up to the job.

2seaoat

I completely disagree with the attacks on the FBI director. When Justice abdicated their traditional role and delegated discretion to the FBI, do not be surprised that they used their discretion. Nothing has changed with the legal status of Hillary Clinton. It is a nothing sandwich. However, striking out against the FBI is wrong and put us into third World status.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:I completely disagree with the attacks on the FBI director.  When Justice abdicated their traditional role and delegated discretion to the FBI, do not be surprised that they used their discretion.  Nothing has changed with the legal status of Hillary Clinton.   It is a nothing sandwich.  However, striking out against the FBI is wrong and put us into third World status.  

He doesn't have control of his agency.

An element within the FBI is actively trying to sabotage this election by selectively leaking information.

Agents are continuing to pursue this even after being told by the DOJ that they have no case.

And, he has shown that he is not capable of withstanding partisan pressure from Republicans in Congress.

I'm sorry that you felt the need to jump to this guy's defense, because he's proven that he's not up to the job.

gatorfan

Sal wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I completely disagree with the attacks on the FBI director.  When Justice abdicated their traditional role and delegated discretion to the FBI, do not be surprised that they used their discretion.  Nothing has changed with the legal status of Hillary Clinton.   It is a nothing sandwich.  However, striking out against the FBI is wrong and put us into third World status.  

He doesn't have control of his agency.

An element within the FBI is actively trying to sabotage this election by selectively leaking information.

Agents are continuing to pursue this even after being told by the DOJ that they have no case.

And, he has shown that he is not capable of withstanding partisan pressure from Republicans in Congress.

I'm sorry that you felt the need to jump to this guy's defense, because he's proven that he's not up to the job.

What's obviously happening is that there are disgruntled FBI employees who feel Comey tarnished their image by not letting the DOJ make an email decision and are playing the game now outside the rules. Anyone who accepted Comey's weird statement exonerating HRC and now decries his statement for further investigation smells a lot like a hypocrite.

BTW, at the end of the day BHO is in charge of the FBI - or did he relinquish that control in his efforts to get HRC elected? One just has to wonder....

boards of FL

boards of FL

I don't think Comey was intentionally trying to sway the election. That has clearly been the result, but I doubt that was his intention. The more likely explanation is that he was being overly cautious in an environment where republican members of congress only do one thing - fabricate scandals and conduct investigations or political gain. And if you look at his letter by itself it is fairly benign. But in the world of republican members of congress, "HE'S REOPENING HIS INVESTIGATION!"; "SHE'S GOING TO BE INDICTED!! IT'S COMING!"; and "THIS IS THE BIGGEST THING SINCE WATERGATE!"

Comey made a blunder because he didn't have the balls to stand up to the republican congress. But the true blame rests with low information voters who aren't concerned enough to actually vet this type of rhetoric and see it for what it is.

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:What's obviously happening is that there are disgruntled FBI employees who feel Comey tarnished their image by not letting the DOJ make an email decision and are playing the game now outside the rules. Anyone who accepted Comey's weird statement exonerating HRC and now decries his statement for further investigation smells a lot like a hypocrite.

No, what's really happening is you aren't that bright or perhaps you don't follow the news as much as an adult should.

The DOJ openly said that it would go with the recommendation from the FBI to appease - again - a republican congress that was stoking conspiracy theories about the investigation. They were stoking these theories for low information voters who don't read the news as much as they should. Ahem. I'm sure you recall the calls of conspiracy when Bill Clinton had a conversation with Loretta Lynch aboard her plane? "It's a setup! The fix is in!" OK. To shut that rhetoric down the DOJ announced that it would act on the recommendation of the FBI, whatever that would be and whenever that would come. Problem solved, right? Conspiracy theory nullified, right? Wrong. Again, there are adults out there who don't watch the news as much as they should. Cough you Cough. So now the rhetoric is...well...to quote one of those low information adults, "What's obviously happening is that there are disgruntled FBI employees who feel Comey tarnished their image by not letting the DOJ make an email decision".

This is why we can't have nice things. This is why we're on the brink of having reality TV star Donald Trump - a puppet of Russia - as our next president. This is why Russia is able to overly manipulate our electoral process and it has no effect on a large swath of voters; because they don't watch the news as much as an adult should.

Right, Hambone-boy?

I wouldn't worry... real leftists couldn't give a flying fuck what she did. That should be obvious by now.

gatorfan

boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:What's obviously happening is that there are disgruntled FBI employees who feel Comey tarnished their image by not letting the DOJ make an email decision and are playing the game now outside the rules. Anyone who accepted Comey's weird statement exonerating HRC and now decries his statement for further investigation smells a lot like a hypocrite.

No, what's really happening is you aren't that bright or perhaps you don't follow the news as much as an adult should.

The DOJ openly said that it would go with the recommendation from the FBI to appease - again - a republican congress that was stoking conspiracy theories about the investigation.   They were stoking these theories for low information voters who don't read the news as much as they should.  Ahem.  I'm sure you recall the calls of conspiracy when Bill Clinton had a conversation with Loretta Lynch aboard her plane?   "It's a setup!  The fix is in!"   OK.  To shut that rhetoric down the DOJ announced that it would act on the recommendation of the FBI, whatever that would be and whenever that would come.   Problem solved, right?   Conspiracy theory nullified, right?   Wrong.  Again, there are adults out there who don't watch the news as much as they should.   Cough you Cough.  So now the rhetoric is...well...to quote one of those low information adults, "What's obviously happening is that there are disgruntled FBI employees who feel Comey tarnished their image by not letting the DOJ make an email decision".

This is why we can't have nice things.   This is why we're on the brink of having reality TV star Donald Trump - a puppet of Russia - as our next president.  This is why Russia is able to overly manipulate our electoral process and it has no effect on a large swath of voters;  because they don't watch the news as much as an adult should.

Right, Hambone-boy?

Got drunk a little early today didn't you liar boy? Your knowledge of how things really work is only wikipedia deep so you're easy to ignore.

You need some serious help.......

gatorfan

PkrBum wrote:I wouldn't worry... real leftists couldn't give a flying fuck what she did. That should be obvious by now.

There is nothing "real" about BoF except he's full of BoFshit and lies constantly. Maybe if he was ever sober he could change that but he isn't that smart.

gatorfan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:I wouldn't worry... real leftists couldn't give a flying fuck what she did. That should be obvious by now.

There is nothing "real" about BoF except he's full of BoFshit and lies constantly. Maybe if he was ever sober he could change that but he isn't that smart.

I heard he promised not to cheat on his wife until after the holidays. So... he's got that going for him.

gatorfan

PkrBum wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

I heard he promised not to cheat on his wife until after the holidays. So... he's got that going for him.

With the Tranny he briefly posted a picture of on here when he was (again)?

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

The DOJ openly said that it would go with the recommendation from the FBI to appease - again - a republican congress that was stoking conspiracy theories about the investigation.   They were stoking these theories for low information voters who don't read the news as much as they should.  Ahem.  I'm sure you recall the calls of conspiracy when Bill Clinton had a conversation with Loretta Lynch aboard her plane?   "It's a setup!  The fix is in!"   OK.  To shut that rhetoric down the DOJ announced that it would act on the recommendation of the FBI, whatever that would be and whenever that would come.   Problem solved, right?   Conspiracy theory nullified, right?   Wrong.  Again, there are adults out there who don't watch the news as much as they should.   Cough you Cough.  So now the rhetoric is...well...to quote one of those low information adults, "What's obviously happening is that there are disgruntled FBI employees who feel Comey tarnished their image by not letting the DOJ make an email decision".

This is why we can't have nice things.   This is why we're on the brink of having reality TV star Donald Trump - a puppet of Russia - as our next president.  This is why Russia is able to overly manipulate our electoral process and it has no effect on a large swath of voters;  because they don't watch the news as much as an adult should.

Right, Hambone-boy?

Got drunk a little early today didn't you liar boy? Your knowledge of how things really work is only wikipedia deep so you're easy to ignore.

This is your response in so many words every time anyone corrects your narrative or provides any context that is deeper than the headlines.  Your knowledge of current events is only headlines deep.  Perhaps this is because you are exactly as I say you are - someone who doesn't read the news as much as an adult should.

I just corrected your narrative and you have no response to that?  What, do you not remember the time when Bill Clinton was on the same runway as Loretta Lynch and decided to pop in and say "Hi"?  Do you not remember the calls of conspiracy theory from republican members of congress and the three stooges of this forum (Markle, Tellthetruth, and Pkrdumb)?   Do you not remember the DOJ saying in response to that that they would take the recommendation of the FBI?   I mean, seriously.  Do you think I'm just making all of this up?

Come on, Hambone, put your grown-up pants on and lets see if we can talk about this issue substantively.  Or are you already tapped out here?  I mean, you basically just repeated your vague recollection of the headlines, so is that it?  Let's see.

By a show of hands, who thinks thinks the next response is something along the lines of "Do you think I want to spend my time teaching the news to a libtard?! Huh?"

2seaoat

Boards intelligence is higher than most of our forum members. That is a given. However, I can tell you without a second of hesitation that the FBI director has acted professionally. He was absolutely correct that Hillary would never be indicted under the statute and the requirement of intent. He also was clear that she was negligent. So what. She admitted the same. She said she made a mistake. It is not a mistake to transfer classified documents to a third party for a quid pro quo gain.....that is a crime, and Hillary Clinton will NEVER be guilty of that crime. It assumes she is stupid. Much similar to folks thinking Boards is stupid.....he is clearly brighter than those who accuse him of being stupid. However, when President Obama and his political appointee to Justice agree that the discretion to prosecute a candidate for President should be delegated to the FBI who has built a reputation of professional career agents who are outside politics, do not be surprised that the FBI went for more transparency. Both sides attacking the FBI are being foolish and partisan. The truth is if America is too stupid to realize the emails are a nothing burger, then there is nothing the director could do to influence the election......America is doomed. I happen to believe that intelligent Americans realize that Donald Trump is not good for America and will vote accordingly. This is a nothing burger.

gatorfan

boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Right, Hambone-boy?

This is your response in so many words every time anyone corrects your narrative or provides any context that is deeper than the headlines.  Your knowledge of current events is only headlines deep.  Perhaps this is because you are exactly as I say you are - someone who doesn't read the news as much as an adult should.

I just corrected your narrative and you have no response do that?  What, do you not remember the time when Bill Clinton was on the same runway as Loretta Lynch and decided to pop in and say "Hi"?  Do you not remember the calls of conspiracy theory from republican members of congress and the three stooges of this forum (Markle, Tellthetruth, and Pkrdumb)?   Do you not remember the DOJ saying in response to that that they would take the recommendation of the FBI?   I mean, seriously.  Do you think I'm just making all of this up?

Come on, Hambone, put your grown-up pants on and lets see if we can talk about this issue substantively.  Or are you already tapped out here?  I mean, I repeated your vague recollection of the headlines, so is that it?  Let's see.

By a show of hands, who thinks thinks the next response is something along the lines of "Do you think I want to spend my time teaching the news to a libtard?! Huh?"

You have no clue how to have a "substantive" conversation because you can't understand the written word and ALWAYS revert to your diaper stage (well maybe you never leave it) by going way off topic. My comment had nothing to do with "conspiracy theories or 2 planes on a tarmac" punk. Regarding your infantile assumption about how I don't remember that the DoJ said they would leave the decision to the FBI - my comment had nothing to do with that either. I addressed why the FBI is leaking information like CNN does to HRC. I can put it writing but I can't make you understand something as simple as that. It's just too far over your head. Way over.

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Right, Hambone-boy?

I just corrected your narrative and you have no response do that?  What, do you not remember the time when Bill Clinton was on the same runway as Loretta Lynch and decided to pop in and say "Hi"?  Do you not remember the calls of conspiracy theory from republican members of congress and the three stooges of this forum (Markle, Tellthetruth, and Pkrdumb)?   Do you not remember the DOJ saying in response to that that they would take the recommendation of the FBI?   I mean, seriously.  Do you think I'm just making all of this up?

Come on, Hambone, put your grown-up pants on and lets see if we can talk about this issue substantively.  Or are you already tapped out here?  I mean, I repeated your vague recollection of the headlines, so is that it?  Let's see.

You have no clue how to have a "substantive" conversation because you can't understand the written word and ALWAYS revert to your diaper stage (well maybe you never leave it) by going way off topic. My comment had nothing to do with "conspiracy theories or 2 planes on a tarmac" punk. Regarding your infantile assumption about how I don't remember that the DoJ said they would leave the decision to the FBI - my comment had nothing to do with that either. I addressed why the FBI is leaking information like CNN does to HRC. I can put it writing but I can't make you understand something as simple as that. It's just too far over your head. Way over.

This was your comment:

What's obviously happening is that there are disgruntled FBI employees who feel Comey tarnished their image by not letting the DOJ make an email decision and are playing the game now outside the rules.

I directly refuted that.  Have you anything to say in response, or are you tapped out at the above comment?  Is the above comment the end of the thought process for you?  I just explained how the above comment is inaccurate.  This may be a new record for how quickly you back out of a thread.

Your last response was strike two. Here comes the final pitch. It's a slow floater down the center of the strike zone...

gatorfan

boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Right, Hambone-boy?

This was your comment:

What's obviously happening is that there are disgruntled FBI employees who feel Comey tarnished their image by not letting the DOJ make an email decision and are playing the game now outside the rules.

I directly refuted that.  Have you anything to say in response, or are you tapped out at the above comment?  Is the above comment the end of the thought process for you?  I just explained how the above comment is inaccurate.  This may be a new record for how quickly you back out of a thread.

Your last response was strike two.  Here comes the final pitch.  It's a slow floater down the center of the strike zone...

You can't read, that's now been made perfectly clear. You didn't "refute" anything because I wasn't discussing the things you dredged up. What part of the "FBI COULD have recommended a DoJ decision don't you understand (although now I realize you aren't smart enough to infer that). What part of "disgruntled FBI employees" don't you understand? You can't even keep up with your own slow waffles let alone a fast ball. Too funny.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:Boards intelligence is higher than most of our forum members.   That is a given.  However, I can tell you without a second of hesitation that the FBI director has acted professionally.   He was absolutely correct that Hillary would never be indicted under the statute and the requirement of intent.   He also was clear that she was negligent.   So what.   She admitted the same.   She said she made a mistake.   It is not a mistake to transfer classified documents to a third party for a quid pro quo gain.....that is a crime, and Hillary Clinton will NEVER be guilty of that crime.   It assumes she is stupid.   Much similar to folks thinking Boards is stupid.....he is clearly brighter than those who accuse him of being stupid.   However, when President Obama and his political appointee to Justice agree that the discretion to prosecute a candidate for President should be delegated to the FBI who has built a reputation of professional career agents who are outside politics, do not be surprised that the FBI went for more transparency.   Both sides attacking the FBI are being foolish and partisan.  The truth is if America is too stupid to realize the emails are a nothing burger, then there is nothing the director could do to influence the election......America is doomed.   I happen to believe that intelligent Americans realize that Donald Trump is not good for America and will vote accordingly.   This is a nothing burger.

Tim Weiner disagrees with you:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/opinion/the-long-shadow-of-j-edgar-hoover.html

So does Frank Rich:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/11/charles-lindbergh-is-a-cautionary-tale-for-republicans.html

And where, oh where, is the FBI's investigation into Trump's Russian ties? Pure partisanship disguised as an attempt to appear non-partisan. Viola!

Last edited by Floridatexan on 11/3/2016, 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Right, Hambone-boy?

This was your comment:

Your last response was strike two.  Here comes the final pitch.  It's a slow floater down the center of the strike zone...

You can't read, that's now been made perfectly clear. You didn't "refute" anything because I wasn't discussing the things you dredged up. What part of the "FBI COULD have recommended a DoJ decision don't you understand (although now I realize you aren't smart enough to infer that). What part of "disgruntled FBI employees" don't you understand? You can't even keep up with your own slow waffles let alone a fast ball. Too funny.

I understand all of that.   What you're not understanding is absolutely everything I said.  Comey didn't prevent the DOJ from making an email decision.  Or, to put it directly in low information voter terms, Comey didn't "not letting the DOJ make an email decision".  That is what you said.  My response was to correct you and state that the DOJ willfully said they would defer to Comey simply to appease the batshit crazy congressional republicans who were crying conspiracy.  And everything else I said was in support of that fact.   Thus far, your only response here has been to repeatedly tell me that I can't read; so you're leaving me with no choice here but to assume that you have nothing to say beyond your initial parroted talking point.   I'm looking for any evidence that would suggest that you're at least a tad bit knowledge about this subject, but all you have been able to muster is your one inaccurate post and then telling me that I can't read.  Alas...

Once again, gatorfan is shooting par on the course of low information stupidy.

Floridatexan wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Boards intelligence is higher than most of our forum members.   That is a given.  However, I can tell you without a second of hesitation that the FBI director has acted professionally.   He was absolutely correct that Hillary would never be indicted under the statute and the requirement of intent.   He also was clear that she was negligent.   So what.   She admitted the same.   She said she made a mistake.   It is not a mistake to transfer classified documents to a third party for a quid pro quo gain.....that is a crime, and Hillary Clinton will NEVER be guilty of that crime.   It assumes she is stupid.   Much similar to folks thinking Boards is stupid.....he is clearly brighter than those who accuse him of being stupid.   However, when President Obama and his political appointee to Justice agree that the discretion to prosecute a candidate for President should be delegated to the FBI who has built a reputation of professional career agents who are outside politics, do not be surprised that the FBI went for more transparency.   Both sides attacking the FBI are being foolish and partisan.  The truth is if America is too stupid to realize the emails are a nothing burger, then there is nothing the director could do to influence the election......America is doomed.   I happen to believe that intelligent Americans realize that Donald Trump is not good for America and will vote accordingly.   This is a nothing burger.

Tim Weiner disagrees with you:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/opinion/the-long-shadow-of-j-edgar-hoover.html

So does Frank Rich:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/11/charles-lindbergh-is-a-cautionary-tale-for-republicans.html

And where, oh where, is the FBI's investigation into Trump's Russian ties?

That's been posted for you several times from the nyt.

Just because you ignore something doesn't make it go away.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum