Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obamacare needs repealing

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Obamacare needs repealing Empty Obamacare needs repealing 11/3/2016, 1:44 am

Yes, it will suck for the people who are getting all the subsidies and free health care, but for those working it will be a Godsend. I come off Tricare until age 60 in March. That leaves me with civilian employer insurance. The only thing I can afford is a plan with $236 premiums as a Health Savings Account, High Deductible coverage. It has a $5000 deductible. There is no separate deductible for prescriptions. Sure, the employer gives us 1000 each six months in the HSA, but given we have to pay 100 percent of the cost of our prescriptions, my $1000 will be gone by the end of February. I take Xarelto at $377 per month, my youngest child takes VyVanse, and my middle child takes multiple asthma meds. That leaves me paying my premium and assorted meds at about 800 per month until I get the $1000 that attempts to get me from July 2017 to December 2017. There's no way I can afford it. I'm riding out Tricare until my retirement date on 4 March. After that, I can buy my kids meds, but not my own. All this is a result of Obamacare and having to pay for those who cannot pay. That's BS. Their inability to pay means at 53, I will have to buy scripts every other month for myself and hope another DVT or PE doesn't occur. The bilateral PE in 2013 almost killed me. This is just ONE example of why Obamacare needs to be repealed. It's a huge burden on the middle class who works 40 hours a week and most likely has another job just to make ends meet all the while others do nothing and get everything for free.

2Obamacare needs repealing Empty Re: Obamacare needs repealing 11/3/2016, 2:04 am

RealLindaL

On a different tack, Obamacare's individual mandate and concomitant penalties make it more difficult for those who are perfectly capable of buying health insurance but choose not to, to tax the emergency rooms and state Medicaid systems because they'd rather buy smart phones than pay insurance premiums.   I have some close personal experience with more than one person like that.  They are irresponsible to say the least, and would rather the rest of society bear their medical burdens than even attempt to purchase a policy.

I also have personal experience with what happens when a pre-existing condition clause is allowable.  After I had breast cancer --even though it was caught at a highly curable stage -- I was stuck with my then-insurer for the intervening years before I was eligible for Medicare.  NO OTHER INSURER WOULD TOUCH ME, and I suffered the economic difficulty of huge and ever-increasing premiums, with absolutely no access to the so-called competitive market,  because for me it didn't exist.

Still in all, I, for one, would be willing to listen to a reasonable alternative to Obamacare IF ANY REPUBLICAN, INCLUDING DONALD TRUMP, HAD EVER COME UP WITH A COGENT PLAN IN ANY DETAIL WHATSOEVER.

Repeal and replace with WHAT, EXACTLY???

3Obamacare needs repealing Empty Re: Obamacare needs repealing 11/3/2016, 2:15 am

2seaoat

You need to talk with our Insurance man.....you obviously are not informed as to your options, which would be fine if it was only your stupid asz, but when you expose your kids to poor choices, there is no excuse. Sit down in open enrollment and get some help........listen, and STFU, because what you have just outlined proves you are lost. Hopefully he will PM you with some options.

4Obamacare needs repealing Empty Re: Obamacare needs repealing 11/3/2016, 8:09 am

E
2seaoat wrote:You need to talk with our Insurance man.....you obviously are not informed as to your options, which would be fine if it was only your stupid asz, but when you expose your kids to poor choices, there is no excuse.   Sit down in open enrollment and get some help........listen, and STFU, because what you have just outlined proves you are lost.  Hopefully he will PM you with some options.
Poor choices ? What would that be old man? There are no other options and obamacare isn't s choice either. The insurance folks lament that they have nothing better to offer 2000+ employees and the plan only comes up for renegotiation by the Canal St cabal once every three years.   Insurance has skyrocketed out of control since obamacare came into existence. Remember that this was the idea of the cockeyed Democratic Party passed in a backroom and wasn't throughly vetted by reading through it all. Nobody kept their insurance as it was, everyone's premiums went up through the roof along with dedectibles and it has been a giant scam for everyone but those who take from society and do not work. I work for myself and my kids, not the "village."

5Obamacare needs repealing Empty Re: Obamacare needs repealing 11/3/2016, 8:31 am

2seaoat

I call BS. You have policy choices. You are telling us you do not. BS.

6Obamacare needs repealing Empty Re: Obamacare needs repealing 11/3/2016, 9:43 am

2seaoat wrote:I call BS. You have policy choices. You are telling us you do not. BS.

My available income limits my choices old man. Cold, hard reality of those of us in the MIDDLE class (the class bearing the burden of funding the Obamacare travesty and the same folks Obama told lies to about keeping your doctor, your premiums would be cut, and how it was such a good deal).

7Obamacare needs repealing Empty Re: Obamacare needs repealing 11/3/2016, 10:24 am

And this is before the new rate hikes came out.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-08-26/obamacare-crushing-middle-class

Here's the real math.  There are roughly 320mm people in the United States.  120mm people are covered under Medicare and Medicaid which leaves 200mm to be covered by "private" health insurance plans.  In 2016, roughly 11.1mm people signed up for "private" health insurance through one of the Obamacare federal or state exchanges.  Of those people, it is estimated that roughly 85%, or ~9.5mm people, received some level of "need-based" subsidy .  News flash Department of Health and Human Services, 9.5mm people is less than 5% of the 200mm people seeking private health insurance.  The other 95% is America's middle class and they're getting crushed.

As for Connolly's suggestion that consumers will continue to have "robust" choices in 2017...we're not sure that people in the majority of the Southeast and Midwest with only 1 "option" for 2017 would agree.

The fact is, the overwhelming majority of the 95% we mention above is comprised of middle-class consumers who are bearing the brunt of the burden of rising health insurance costs. In fact, a June Brookings Institution study found that middle-income households now devote the largest share of their spending to health care ever, 8.9%, a rise of more than three percentage points from 1984 to 2014. Per the Wall Street Journal, since 2007 middle-class families have been forced to increase the share of their overall spending on healthcare by nearly 25% while cutting back massively on other necessities to cover the difference.

8Obamacare needs repealing Empty Re: Obamacare needs repealing 11/3/2016, 11:21 am

Sal

Sal

Obamacare needs repealing Captur14

9Obamacare needs repealing Empty Re: Obamacare needs repealing 11/3/2016, 11:27 am

Yep... that's obamacaid. The medicaid expansion was the only real goal in this progressive step.

10Obamacare needs repealing Empty Re: Obamacare needs repealing 11/3/2016, 12:39 pm

2seaoat

Pace is spending almost 5k out of pocket if he is telling the truth, and he cannot afford 400 a month more to get his drugs covered.....brilliant......no wonder you believe in idiocy......you cannot even see what is plain to anybody if you are telling the truth.....my guess you are talking BS. None of what you are representing comports with reality.

11Obamacare needs repealing Empty Re: Obamacare needs repealing 11/3/2016, 12:46 pm

2seaoat wrote:Pace is spending almost 5k out of pocket if he is telling the truth, and he cannot afford 400 a month more to get his drugs covered.....brilliant......no wonder you believe in idiocy......you cannot even see what is plain to anybody if you are telling the truth.....my guess you are talking BS.  None of what you are representing comports with reality.

Mr Anecdote can't find a way to extend the benefit of the doubt to another. Lol... classic.

12Obamacare needs repealing Empty Re: Obamacare needs repealing 11/3/2016, 12:55 pm

2seaoat

What part of $800 per month out of pocket do you not understand. That with what he is paying on his current premium could get him the top of the line PPO with drug coverage, but he blames everybody because he has not gotten some help to understand options under his group plan and the choices he has.......and gives a blanket statement he cannot afford a good policy while he throws away 800 bucks a month.......no wonder our schools are in trouble and you folks support Trump. You can try to defend what he outlined, but it is indefensible and I wish he was smart enough to get somebody to help him in open enrollment.

13Obamacare needs repealing Empty Re: Obamacare needs repealing 11/3/2016, 2:23 pm

You just don't care... go ahead and say it. You're willing to inflict harm on some so that others are given something. You think yourself above the fray. You have nothing to fear... if there's a penalty... you can pay it. How's that Cadillac plan tax going? Have the unions and monied paid up yet? Lol... ya right.

14Obamacare needs repealing Empty Re: Obamacare needs repealing 11/3/2016, 7:40 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

When asked by a reporter just what he would replace Obamacare with, Trump replies: "It will be terrific."

The perfect answer for all of his supporters who are incapable of cogent thought. LOL

15Obamacare needs repealing Empty Re: Obamacare needs repealing 11/3/2016, 7:43 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Tellthetruth wrote:E
2seaoat wrote:You need to talk with our Insurance man.....you obviously are not informed as to your options, which would be fine if it was only your stupid asz, but when you expose your kids to poor choices, there is no excuse.   Sit down in open enrollment and get some help........listen, and STFU, because what you have just outlined proves you are lost.  Hopefully he will PM you with some options.
Poor choices ? What would that be old man? There are no other options and obamacare isn't s choice either. The insurance folks lament that they have nothing better to offer 2000+ employees and the plan only comes up for renegotiation by the Canal St cabal once every three years.   Insurance has skyrocketed out of control since obamacare came into existence. Remember that this was the idea of the cockeyed Democratic Party passed in a backroom and wasn't throughly vetted by reading through it all. Nobody kept their insurance as it was, everyone's premiums went up through the roof along with dedectibles and it has been a giant scam for everyone but those who take from society and do not work. I work for myself and my kids, not the "village."

Here's a good suggestion: Think about taking care of your kids, then go out and buy a big insurance policy. Then drive off a pier at night.

You're welcome.

16Obamacare needs repealing Empty Re: Obamacare needs repealing 11/4/2016, 6:27 am

2seaoat wrote:What part of $800 per month out of pocket do you not understand.  That with what he is paying on his current premium could get him the top of the line PPO with drug coverage, but he blames everybody because he has not gotten some help to understand options under his group plan and the choices he has.......and gives a blanket statement he cannot afford a good policy while he throws away 800 bucks a month.......no wonder our schools are in trouble and you folks support Trump.  You can try to defend what he outlined, but it is indefensible and I wish he was smart enough to get somebody to help him in open enrollment.

I understand it all to well. Come March 4th when I discharge from the AF, I pretty much own my premium, a 5000 deductible, and all the costs for my medicine. I don't have that money in my budget unlike you do old man. This is exactly why the economy has ground to a halt. This TAX that Obama foisted on the middle class so that those who DON'T work can have healthcare is a wrecking ball that will bring it all down. Want to just start the economy? Give people their money back and let them spend it if they want on healthcare even if the plan isn't one that can cover everything. I don't have a free 1200 per month extra to pay for what it is going to cost me in the near term. You might Seaoat, but the rest of us do NOT.

17Obamacare needs repealing Empty Re: Obamacare needs repealing 11/4/2016, 6:38 am

Sal

Sal

Tellthetruth wrote:
2seaoat wrote:What part of $800 per month out of pocket do you not understand.  That with what he is paying on his current premium could get him the top of the line PPO with drug coverage, but he blames everybody because he has not gotten some help to understand options under his group plan and the choices he has.......and gives a blanket statement he cannot afford a good policy while he throws away 800 bucks a month.......no wonder our schools are in trouble and you folks support Trump.  You can try to defend what he outlined, but it is indefensible and I wish he was smart enough to get somebody to help him in open enrollment.

I understand it all to well. Come March 4th when I discharge from the AF, I pretty much own my premium, a 5000 deductible, and all the costs for my medicine. I don't have that money in my budget unlike you do old man. This is exactly why the economy has ground to a halt. This TAX that Obama foisted on the middle class so that those who DON'T work can have healthcare is a wrecking ball that will bring it all down. Want to just start the economy? Give people their money back and let them spend it if they want on healthcare even if the plan isn't one that can cover everything. I don't have a free 1200 per month extra to pay for what it is going to cost me in the near term. You might Seaoat, but the rest of us do NOT.

Trim a little out of your gunz budget, whiner.

18Obamacare needs repealing Empty Re: Obamacare needs repealing 11/4/2016, 8:39 am

The individual mandate is terrible... I don't know how any citizen can support that in our country.

It's the antithesis of a free country. What gets mandated next?

19Obamacare needs repealing Empty Re: Obamacare needs repealing 11/4/2016, 8:51 am

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:The individual mandate is terrible...

It is, because the penalty is far too small.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum