Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump: 'Zero chance I'll quit'

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Trump: 'Zero chance I'll quit' Empty Trump: 'Zero chance I'll quit' 10/8/2016, 1:55 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Winners never quit and quitters never win. Twisted Evil

Donald Trump will "never" drop out.

The embattled Republican presidential nominee told a pair of newspapers on Saturday that he has no intention of quitting the presidential race despite a growing chorus of Republicans urging him to step aside in the wake of sexually aggressive remarks he made in 2005.
"I'd never withdraw. I've never withdrawn in my life," Trump told The Washington Post. "No, I'm not quitting. I have tremendous support."
He also told The Wall Street Journal there is "zero chance I'll quit."
The comments also came as his running mate, Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, said he was "offended" by Trump's 2005 remarks and could not defend them. Pence on Saturday canceled plans to attend a Wisconsin Republican event alongside House Speaker Paul Ryan even though the Trump campaign announced Friday evening Pence would attend in Trump's stead.
Meanwhile, Sen. John Thune of South Dakota, the No. 3 Senate Republican and a member of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's inner circle, called on Trump to drop out so that Pence can be the GOP standard-bearer.
Trump struck the defiant tone on Saturday less than 24 hours after previously unaired footage of Trump having talking in lewd and sexually aggressive terms about women during a 2005 taping for "Access Hollywood" surfaced.
Can Donald Trump recover from this?
In that timespan, Republicans have quickly condemned Trump for the comment many of them have deemed "inexcusable" and "indefensible," prompting Trump to issue his first-ever apology of his nearly 16-month campaign.
But Trump also signaled a willingness to fight, quickly turning from apology to defiant combativeness in the 90-second video statement, pivoting to attacking Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton for her husband's sex scandals.
The brash billionaire's insistence to the pair of newspapers on Saturday morning, though, came as Republican members of congress began urging Trump to step aside, with several senators who had endorsed Trump, including Sen. Mike Crapo of Idaho and Sen. Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire, formally pulling their support.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/08/politics/donald-trump-withdraw-republicans-race/index.html

2seaoat

My biggest fear is that Trump quits before the election and is replaced by somebody. If he gets beaten badly, the curse and stain on the Republican Party can maybe once and for all eject the Dixiecrats and go back to the Party of Lincoln.

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:My biggest fear is that Trump quits before the election and is replaced by somebody.  If he gets beaten badly, the curse and stain on the Republican Party can maybe once and for all eject the Dixiecrats and go back to the Party of Lincoln.

It's not likely that he will quit although it wouldn't be the first time that he went back on his word. When things move at this fast a pace unstable events seem to happen. That's what I fear.

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:
2seaoat wrote:My biggest fear is that Trump quits before the election and is replaced by somebody.  If he gets beaten badly, the curse and stain on the Republican Party can maybe once and for all eject the Dixiecrats and go back to the Party of Lincoln.

It's not likely that he will quit although it wouldn't be the first time that he went back on his word. When things move at this fast a pace unstable events seem to happen. That's what I fear.

Very scary times indeed.

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
Telstar wrote:

Very scary times indeed.

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold" Yeats

2seaoat

My wife just told me this morning that Trump's campaign manager is thinking about quitting. The man is broken.......all the king's men and one slick campaign manager can make the world see him as anything but broken. He was broken the day he announced his candidacy, and he will be broken if the haters and dixiecrats put this man in the White House. This country has to get past the next twenty years when the babyboomers and their collective self indulgence and selfishness pass, but until then old farts raised in Jim Crow want to make America Great again, and have flocked to a sociopath who appeals to their prejudice by calling Mexicans rapists and calling for banning a particular religion.......so much hate. Trump perhaps just represents how broken America's soul has become, but in the end there is still a chance that a sociopath could be President.

Telstar

Telstar

Your face it was apricot.  lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum