Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Smart Phones

+5
Joanimaroni
VectorMan
Hallmarkgard
Hospital Bob
dumpcare
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

76Smart Phones - Page 4 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/23/2016, 6:16 pm

2seaoat

So the messsge is be very careful when using Dr. Google for your doctor. If I hadn't used him I'd be home right now enjoying a normal life.

home right now enjoying a normal life.

Maybe......but you are making assumptions and beating yourself up. I have had at least three doctors drop the ball terribly, but I do not beat them up or myself up because in the end chit happens that none of us have control. Not the doctors.....not us........and I keep thinking about something you probably do not ever remember saying about 8 years ago on the PNJ about wanting to write a book.....Bob, write your book once the logistics become more clear........I am a firm believer that nothing happens by accident and providence does play a part in our lives.......self publish and write that book. I play poker with a realtor who has written three books which he has self published........five years ago he never thought he would find the time. You are blessed with a lucid mind, and serious challenges which I hope can transition where you will be able to put your ideas to words. I got in the Bobcat and chewed up 500 feet of shoreline with the soil conditioner as my wife is out there planting grass seed because I am exhausted......some would argue this is fruitless, it serves no purpose, but it is something I can still do, and I know I will not be able to do the same in the near future.......write that book........I have a suggestion.......write it about not Bob and the PNJ and the mix of real and fantasy.........you would kill it with humor and a unique perspective.......the wisdom you have now attained.

77Smart Phones - Page 4 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/23/2016, 8:40 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said. Just know your forum family will be here for you. You are the core of our group and you are a special friend to many. The hardest thing will be asking for help, we will help you.

78Smart Phones - Page 4 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/23/2016, 9:02 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:I'm really sorry to hear this Bob. I'm impressed though with your still dispensing bobisms. It's such a relief to still have you here with us. Keep fighting..!!

Those are very kind words, Sal.

It's not that I blame myself, seaoat. I blame Steve Jackoff Jobs for it all.
It is odd, however, that I don't blame Woz too, since he's the genius nerd who actually invented the shit.
Probably because Woz is such a nice sincere dude and Jackoff Jobs was such a Trump-like prick.

79Smart Phones - Page 4 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/23/2016, 9:07 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

See it's like this. Dr Google is like a million medical books spread out on the floor around you. But never having spent a day in medical school, you don't know how to use them.

80Smart Phones - Page 4 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/23/2016, 11:38 pm

Hallmarkgard

Bob, Like Oats said you are creating  scenario  that may or may not be true.  The old saying that hind sight is 20-20 is very true.  I am not a Doctor but I have spent a large part of my life diagnosing machinery, and yes, there is a collation between Doctors and Mechanics.  We both try to look at data and try to draw a conclusion on what is wrong.  How many times have you taken your vehicle to a mechanic and tried to describe what is wrong?  It is difficult at best.  What you maybe be describing might not be present when the person is looking at it.  But then in a week or so the problem is obvious.  

You are assuming that the doctors would have ran a full bore brain scan, etc, just because you were feeling weak.  Maybe and then maybe not.  Machinery is far less complex that the body but I can guarantee that some issues are very very hard to quickly diagnose if some has messed with one or more systems.  That is what happened to you with the effects of Chemo and a Brain tumour.  The tumour may have all ready done its damage well before you lost your motor skills..  Of course you will disagree but I think it is a valid point.  You blame the internet and your google searching for leading your to what you think was a erroneous decision not to go the doctor.  But you all ready knew what the side effects of the Chemo would be.  It was explained to you both verbally and on paper.  How many times has Oats and I spoke of the effects of Chemo?  It was only logical that you thought your weakness was the by product of the chemo.  

Would the Tumor have shown up if you had went to the doctor at the very first sign of weakness?   We dont know the speed in which the tumour grew.  It may have been small then grew at a very rapid pace

You did well.  Dont beat your self up over what has all ready happened.  You positive attitude and desire to get better is going to serve you well   Take care.  Will try to see you tomorrow...

Last edited by Hallmarkgard on 9/24/2016, 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total

81Smart Phones - Page 4 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/24/2016, 12:46 am

RealLindaL

Hospital Bob wrote:See it's like this. Dr Google is like a million medical books spread out on the floor around you.  But never having spent a day in medical school, you don't know how to use them.  

Very succinct summary. Still, we all try to read the books, because they're there. And I have to say many times they've been extremely helpful.

82Smart Phones - Page 4 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/24/2016, 12:51 am

RealLindaL

That said, speaking of helpful, Bob, I think perhaps Hallmark's post is the best of all, because it offers specific, logical scenarios to combat your assumption that you messed up. Way to go, Hallmark. Bob, hope you'll take comfort. HM makes a whole lot of sense here.

83Smart Phones - Page 4 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/24/2016, 9:41 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Hallmark is making me realize I'm making too many assumptions. So I'll stop beating up on Dr Google. And I won't call Fred levin to file a malpractice claim against dr google. lol

84Smart Phones - Page 4 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/24/2016, 1:08 pm

RealLindaL

Hospital Bob wrote:Hallmark is making me realize I'm making too many assumptions.  So I'll stop beating up on Dr Google.  And I won't call Fred levin to file a malpractice claim against dr google.  lol

cheers cheers cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum