Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Smart Phones

+5
Joanimaroni
VectorMan
Hallmarkgard
Hospital Bob
dumpcare
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26Smart Phones - Page 2 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/21/2016, 4:22 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ppaca wrote:Thanks Linda and at&t is right down the street from my house. I am glad they opened up one out here in GB. Maybe I'll stop into Dunkin and get a donut when I can get down there now that they're back open. But maybe not, I had tremendous set back today and it was either some of the plain noodles or the piece of cinnamon roll about the size of a silver dollar. My dinner consisted of chicken and gravy, green beans and banana pudding, now I know why baby's can't stand the vegetables it was baby food.

Chicken noodle soup or cream of Potato from Panera. Plus the french bread that comes with it. That did the trick for me before the celiac crap.

27Smart Phones - Page 2 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/21/2016, 5:02 pm

RealLindaL

ppaca wrote:I had tremendous set back today

Are you in touch with your doc, or still hiding things? Please don't take chances with your health....

28Smart Phones - Page 2 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/21/2016, 5:08 pm

dumpcare

No not yet. I let this attack to go on for sometime because I have a hernia and originally went to him for that, thought it was that. I will take the course of antibiotics. He did tell me if I got worse to go to GB ER and tell them to call him and he would admit me and put me on IV drugs, most likely cipro and flagyl and cipro does not agree with me. I'm on Bactrim DS and flagyl at the moment and even those two together are terrible.

29Smart Phones - Page 2 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/21/2016, 5:10 pm

dumpcare

Joanimaroni wrote:
ppaca wrote:Thanks Linda and at&t is right down the street from my house. I am glad they opened up one out here in GB. Maybe I'll stop into Dunkin and get a donut when I can get down there now that they're back open. But maybe not, I had tremendous set back today and it was either some of the plain noodles or the piece of cinnamon roll about the size of a silver dollar. My dinner consisted of chicken and gravy, green beans and banana pudding, now I know why baby's can't stand the vegetables it was baby food.

Chicken noodle soup or cream of Potato from Panera. Plus the french bread that comes with it. That did the trick for me before the celiac crap.

Hey that sounds pretty good. I am eating a low residue diet mostly liquids (I was overweight anyway, lost 5 pounds since last Thursday. Oh just read your whole post and I can't have dairy. Maybe the ensure I've been drinking up until today caused the set back.

30Smart Phones - Page 2 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/21/2016, 5:12 pm

dumpcare

Damn I just got a coupon in my email for a 1/2 pound hamburger for $6.99 from Ruby Tuesday. lol! lol! lol! lol!

31Smart Phones - Page 2 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/21/2016, 8:02 pm

knothead

knothead

ppaca wrote:Damn I just got a coupon in my email for a 1/2 pound hamburger for $6.99 from Ruby Tuesday. lol! lol! lol! lol!

That's gotta be a heart breaker, hang in there pp!

32Smart Phones - Page 2 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/21/2016, 8:10 pm

2seaoat

Chip beef on toast, and oatmeal in the morning with lots of water......a couple days with a very bland diet usually helps.

33Smart Phones - Page 2 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/21/2016, 8:46 pm

dumpcare

2seaoat wrote:Chip beef on toast, and oatmeal in the morning with lots of water......a couple days with a very bland diet usually helps.  

Is that what you have in the morning? Because that would kill me.

34Smart Phones - Page 2 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/21/2016, 8:46 pm

dumpcare

knothead wrote:
ppaca wrote:Damn I just got a coupon in my email for a 1/2 pound hamburger for $6.99 from Ruby Tuesday. lol! lol! lol! lol!

Thanks I am.

35Smart Phones - Page 2 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/21/2016, 10:10 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ppaca wrote:
knothead wrote:

Thanks I am.

I got one too.... But no bread for me. Ugh!

36Smart Phones - Page 2 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/21/2016, 10:13 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ppaca wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Chip beef on toast, and oatmeal in the morning with lots of water......a couple days with a very bland diet usually helps.  

I have loved Chipped beef on toast my whole life... Made with Armor beef in the glass jar.

37Smart Phones - Page 2 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/21/2016, 10:16 pm

dumpcare

Joanimaroni wrote:
ppaca wrote:
knothead wrote:

Thanks I am.

I got one too.... But no bread for me. Ugh!

I have trouble with bread, have for sometime. I have ordered my burgers out there without a bun, just the meat and mustard. When I go to whataburger will order one without the bun and a side of butter and mustard. I melt the butter all over it.

Last edited by ppaca on 9/21/2016, 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

38Smart Phones - Page 2 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/21/2016, 10:19 pm

dumpcare

Joanimaroni wrote:
ppaca wrote:

I have loved Chipped beef on toast my whole life... Made with Armor beef in the glass jar.

We had that when I was kid, hamburger gravy over toast, pork chops mostly fat on a bone. For the longest time after I left home I could not any of the above, but I started eating pork chops when I found out they had them without fat or not much.

39Smart Phones - Page 2 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/21/2016, 11:09 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Damn that's a good deal. Can I send a cab driver over to pick that coupon up?
Lol

40Smart Phones - Page 2 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/21/2016, 11:30 pm

dumpcare

Sure HB send them right over. My wife has one too.

41Smart Phones - Page 2 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/22/2016, 12:25 am

RealLindaL

I got the email about the $6.99 burgers, too, pp, and I think if you go back and look at it, the burgers don't require a coupon at all. They're doing a "Burger of the Week" promo right now, offering one of six different burgers every week through October 30, including "endless fries." No coupon needed.

A couple of their other usual discount coupons are offered as well if you click on the email, but they can't be combined with the special promo price on the burgers.

42Smart Phones - Page 2 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/22/2016, 12:45 am

2seaoat

Bob turned me onto whataburgers and my wife and I love them.....just no onions......which consistently gets screwed up as I pick onions off my burger. I look forward to getting one in two weeks if we can break away. Fish house for lunch. Your pizza one night. Catfish in Milton........pulled pork at sonnys.......sushi in Navarre........pulled pork in Navarre at East house........fresh fish grouper sandwich at the Navarre pier........texas steakhouse ribye in Milton..........great soup at cactus flower in navarre........and then Bob turned me on to coupons at Nicks at maritime.......we may see a uwf football game in Maritime Park just to tell Hallmark about it.......and then in the fall a stop at flounders.......done.....go home.....three weeks in Pensacola working one week getting shots and working in Illinois.......stopping in Metropolis at the Harrahs enjoying a steak dinner with my points and our dog room which our dog gets on the elevator and goes right to our room.....we are creatures of habit.

43Smart Phones - Page 2 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/22/2016, 1:01 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Bob turned me onto whataburgers and my wife and I love them.....just no onions......which consistently gets screwed up as I pick onions off my burger.   I look forward to getting one in two weeks if we can break away.  Fish house for lunch.  Your pizza one night.   Catfish in Milton........pulled pork at sonnys.......sushi in Navarre........pulled pork in Navarre at East house........fresh fish grouper sandwich at the Navarre pier........texas steakhouse ribye in Milton..........great soup at cactus flower in navarre........and then Bob turned me on to coupons at Nicks at maritime.......we may see a uwf football game in Maritime Park just to tell Hallmark about it.......and then in the fall a stop at flounders.......done.....go home.....three weeks in Pensacola working one week getting shots and working in Illinois.......stopping in Metropolis at the Harrahs enjoying a steak dinner with my points and our dog room which our dog gets on the elevator and goes right to our room.....we are creatures of habit.
You are going to skip Peg Leg's and Chet's in Pace?

44Smart Phones - Page 2 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/22/2016, 1:13 am

2seaoat

You are going to skip Peg Leg's and Chet's in Pace?

Love Peg leg's and usually eat at the bar downstairs......just always too damn crowded for our tastes, and with me weakening......I need to sit down pretty quickly, and last time we had a hard time getting a seat even in the waiting areas.

I selectively go to Pace because it is the twilight zone to me.....strangest place in America, but I will try Chet's but my wife will need to put a wig on, skinny jeans, lots of jewlery, with an overdose of perfume and loads of make up, and I will put a confederate flag magnet on the chevy.....get a pair of boots, I have the camo hat, but I will need to bring down my hunting vest, and keep a few shot gun shells in the shell sleeves with a tee shirt which says I am a rambling man......spelling it correctly in Pace of course will cause a riot.

45Smart Phones - Page 2 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/22/2016, 1:21 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:You are going to skip Peg Leg's and Chet's in Pace?

Love Peg leg's and usually eat at the bar downstairs......just always too damn crowded for our tastes, and with me weakening......I need to sit down pretty quickly, and last time we had a hard time getting a seat even in the waiting areas.

I selectively go to Pace because it is the twilight zone to me.....strangest place in America, but I will try Chet's but my wife will need to put a wig on, skinny jeans, lots of jewlery, with an overdose of perfume and loads of make up, and I will put a confederate flag magnet on the chevy.....get a pair of boots, I have the camo hat, but I will need to bring down my hunting vest, and keep a few shot gun shells in the shell sleeves with a tee shirt which says I am a rambling man......spelling it correctly in Pace of course will cause a riot.

We are Breezers and...we love Chet's in Pace. 

I only eat mullet from Chet's and Joey Patti's next to Joe Patti's.....because it is the freshest.

BTW....you don't neec to dress that way....your duct tape shoe will work. I had to duct tape my Key West sandle in Boston...almost wakked out of it. I'll see if I can find the picture.

46Smart Phones - Page 2 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/22/2016, 1:37 am

RealLindaL

If you can go early enough to manage getting in at Pegleg's upstairs, and if you like really fresh, generous sized shrimp properly cooked, I can highly recommend the Grilled Gulf Shrimp as a "don't miss."  May've said it before and likely will again, because it's so good.  I always ask them go light on the seasonings and find the shrimp consistently outstanding -- and I've eaten a LOT of shrimp in my life.

Also hope everyone likes Pegleg's Fish Chowder as an appetizer as much as hubby and I do.   That's about the only soup we'll eat on a hot summer night.  Can't resist a cup.

BTW, a hint for anyone going to Pegleg's, and this may be obvious to some but maybe not all:   Feel free to order whichever two sides you want (don't be intimidated by what the menu says the dish is "served with").

This time of year is a little easier than spring or summer for getting in upstairs, especially on a weeknight, but there can be crowds now, too, such as will likely be in town for the very popular SRI-TRI triathlon (to run Oct. 1 this year).

Going really early is the best bet, even though we hate to do that on a Saturday night so usually end up waiting 'til the dead of winter to patronize the place.

As for mullet, Joani, we never developed a taste for it, maybe because we've hardly ever eaten it -- and that's probably because of all the negative news stories about dangerous chemical residuals or whatever in the bodies of water it's often taken from, sometimes found in the mullet.  That's just us.

Shouldn't have gotten started on food, sorry.   Goodnight all.

47Smart Phones - Page 2 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/22/2016, 7:58 am

Ppaca... my sister is really into nutrition and holistic alternative treatments. She sent me something called dgl powder. I think it's mainly licorice. It's really good for the entire digestive track. I got prescribed Prevacid... which she said can have terrible side effects. This seems to work better so far.

48Smart Phones - Page 2 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/22/2016, 8:19 am

dumpcare

Is that licorice root? Someone I work with started getting acid reflux a few months ago to get off the nexium her doctor prescribed her months ago and says it works. I was also researching what I could eat for the rest of my life and it included licorice root.

I probably would have gotten diverticula disease at some point in my life since a good percentage of senior's have it but don't have the flareups. I was younger 48 when I had my colonoscopy and they found it. I have been taking something prevacid, nexium or prilosec for acid reflux for at least 25 years, cholestrol meds since my 40's and blood pressure and the more research I get further into, and the jury is still out, statins and proton pump inhibitors may have something to do with altering your digestive tract from top to bottom.

49Smart Phones - Page 2 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/22/2016, 8:38 am

I really don't know enough about it to give an informed description. But I can say it works surprisingly well... and I'm a skeptic usually. Btw... I think I've found an edible that actually works. It's just the simple rendered extract in a pill form. I bought some of the 50mg pills yesterday (they have 25mg too)and it worked as good as a pain pill for about four hours. There are two types... I'll look them up. I tried the sativa.

http://www.leafscience.com/2014/06/19/indica-vs-sativa-understanding-differences/

Btw... the 50mg pills are 8 dollars and the 25mg are 4. A little pricey compared to pain pills... but might be worth it if they work. I'll let you know as I continue to experiment. It did take almost an hour for me to feel the effects... so a schedule might be the best strategy. I've got to run to town today... but will try another this afternoon.

50Smart Phones - Page 2 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/22/2016, 9:12 am

dumpcare

$8 and $4 a piece?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum