Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Smart Phones

+5
Joanimaroni
VectorMan
Hallmarkgard
Hospital Bob
dumpcare
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Smart Phones - Page 3 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/22/2016, 9:26 am

ppaca wrote:$8 and $4 a piece?

Yep... they have all kinds of cookies and candies and even drinks that are varying strengths and prices. Usually 10-15 dollars for 50-100mg. But I honestly don't feel much effect from them... maybe just a little more relaxed or tired. So I'm pleased to find something that works even tho I've just tried one so far. They sell the bud for 10-15$ per gram... and that works really well except that I'd rather not smoke if possible. Even just a gram lasts a long time for me. I use a little dugout and only take a single hit a few times a day. It's very strong stuff.

52Smart Phones - Page 3 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/22/2016, 9:40 am

dumpcare

Do these prices include tax? Do they allow you in Michigan to grow a few plants yourself?

53Smart Phones - Page 3 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/22/2016, 10:15 am

ppaca wrote:Do these prices include tax? Do they allow you in Michigan to grow a few plants yourself?

They just passed a tax increase for it. They just build the tax into the flat price here.

54Smart Phones - Page 3 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/22/2016, 10:48 am

This is an interesting article talking about the concentrate and melanoma treatment.

https://www.melanoma.org/find-support/patient-community/mpip-melanoma-patients-information-page/rick-simpson-s-hemp-oil?gclid=CP69_-Cbo88CFVg8gQodnjoKDA

55Smart Phones - Page 3 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/22/2016, 10:50 am

PkrBum wrote:
ppaca wrote:Do these prices include tax? Do they allow you in Michigan to grow a few plants yourself?

They just passed a tax increase for it. They just build the tax into the flat price here.

And yes... I'm able to either designate a person (they call them a caregiver here) or grow it myself.

56Smart Phones - Page 3 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/22/2016, 12:18 pm

dumpcare

I wonder if amendment 2 is passed here we'll be able to grow a couple of plants.

57Smart Phones - Page 3 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/23/2016, 10:20 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Without medical marijuana I'm probably going to lose the will to keep going. My quality of life has about hit bottom. Facing confinement in a nursing home has always been my worst nightmare and unfortunately my worst nightmare has become true. Plus I'm helpless to bo anything about it.

58Smart Phones - Page 3 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/23/2016, 11:03 am

dumpcare

If you would like to take advantage of our statewide
delivery program please call 844.TRULIEV 844 878-5438

http://trulieve.com/

GARG, PURUSHOTTAM
5553 HIGHWAY 90
PACE, FL 32571
(850) 995-8811
pkgarg@hotmail.com
Visit Website

There are 3 docs in the area, but two are pediatrician's the above is family practice. Terminally ill patients will receive full strength.

When is your gamma knife surgery? Have you spoke with your case manager? Did someone tell you they were shipping you to a nursing home or part of a nursing home called skilled nursing?

59Smart Phones - Page 3 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/23/2016, 11:18 am

dumpcare

Dr Garg also has a Davis hwy office

Pensacola
Davis Hwy Family Practice
Phone: (850) 475-0867
Fax: 850-512-1405
5550 N Davis Hwy
Pensacola, FL 32503
Monday-Friday 8am - 5 pm
Saturday 8 am - 12 am

60Smart Phones - Page 3 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/23/2016, 12:20 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca wrote:If you would like to take advantage of our statewide

GARG, PURUSHOTTAM
5553 HIGHWAY 90
PACE, FL 32571
(850) 995-8811
pkgarg@hotmail.com
Visit Website

There are 3 docs in the area, but two are pediatrician's the above is family practice. Terminally ill patients will receive full strength.

When is your gamma knife surgery? Have you spoke with your case manager? Did someone tell you they were shipping you to a nursing home or part of a nursing home called skilled nursing?
gamma knife will happen after I leave here in a couple weeks. Then I'll probably go to the Haven. Haven't talked to either case manager since first contact

61Smart Phones - Page 3 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/23/2016, 12:37 pm

dumpcare

Hospital Bob wrote:
ppaca wrote:If you would like to take advantage of our statewide

GARG, PURUSHOTTAM
5553 HIGHWAY 90
PACE, FL 32571
(850) 995-8811
pkgarg@hotmail.com
Visit Website

gamma knife will happen after I leave here in a couple weeks. Then I'll probably go to the Haven. Haven't talked to either case manager since first contact

62Smart Phones - Page 3 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/23/2016, 12:41 pm

dumpcare

Call your case manager at blue cross and ask her if she knows what's going on? Are they suggesting you go to haven for skilled nursing?

63Smart Phones - Page 3 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/23/2016, 12:41 pm

dumpcare

ppaca wrote:Call your case manager at blue cross and ask her if she knows what's going on? Are they suggesting you go to haven for skilled nursing? Ask your case manager if there is an alternative intermittent home health?

64Smart Phones - Page 3 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/23/2016, 1:31 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yes skilled nursing at haven. Only way I could ever go home again is with a full time caregiver.

65Smart Phones - Page 3 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/23/2016, 1:39 pm

dumpcare

Skilled nursing is for 100 days and as far as I know if you have doctor's appts or procedures they take you to them. Maybe after the gamma knife you'll have some movement on the left side. Since you haven't called the case manager when you do ask her about an electric wheel chair.

66Smart Phones - Page 3 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/23/2016, 2:02 pm

Sal

Sal

Bob, I am practically speechless.

That is some really tough news.

I can only imagine the depths of despair you are battling, and I hope and pray that you somehow are able to find some acceptance of the situation you now face and the will to continue to fight on.

Miracles do happen.

67Smart Phones - Page 3 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/23/2016, 2:09 pm

dumpcare

Hospital Bob wrote:Yes skilled nursing at haven.  Only way I could ever go home again is with a full time caregiver.

When you get the chance email me the name and number of your case manager.

68Smart Phones - Page 3 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/23/2016, 2:34 pm

RealLindaL

Bob, I'm with Sal in feeling terrible sadness at the seriousness of your situation, but am also with him in hoping you can somehow find the necessary assistance -- of any/every variety needed -- to help you soldier on, and hopefully to improve.  I'm so glad ppaca wants to step in again and provide some impetus to your case worker.  This person needs to get OFF THE STICK and get moving on your behalf.  You deserve better!!

It's all so easy for us to say, I realize, when you're the one who has to do the very hard work of shouldering your physical pain and burdens and the depressing realities you're faced with.   Please just do us the honor of keeping in mind that your friends and supporters here want very, very much for your situation to improve soon, especially for your own sake, but also for the benefit of we who so look forward to the wit and wisdom of your regular board communications.   Please hang in!!! We need you!!!

69Smart Phones - Page 3 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/23/2016, 4:27 pm

knothead

knothead

I cannot overstate my concern and sadness better than your other forum friends already have . . . . . . . this is far more than just another bug on the windshield of life . . . . . . I feel so frigging helpless in situations like this but Bob, like Linda said, we need you to continue posting as I am seriously addicted to your sense of humor and wish you strength and determination in your journey ahead my friend.

70Smart Phones - Page 3 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/23/2016, 4:53 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The support of you wonderful folks is as valuable to me as any therapy I'll receive.
And I promise to keep posting as long as my mind and right hand keep functioning. lol

Ppaca, unfortunately the name of the BC case manager was written on a scrap of paper that accidentally went out in the trash. It's hard for me to keep any organization going in here.

71Smart Phones - Page 3 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/23/2016, 4:59 pm

2seaoat

Bob, I wish I could give you a rah rah pep talk and it actually could make you feel better and make things easier. I can't. I do know that there are days where you just say WTF. Those days are reality. I would like to think my situation will not get worse, it will get worse. I would like to tell you that your situation will get better, but that does not solve the overwhelming challenges you face right now. I pray you can find the good things in life, keep your humor, and on those WTF days grit your teeth and hopefully wake up the next day with improvements in the quality of your life. I feel deep pain in your distress, but I pray that you will get time and quality of life.

72Smart Phones - Page 3 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/23/2016, 5:10 pm

dumpcare

Hospital Bob wrote:The support of you wonderful folks is as valuable to me as any therapy I'll receive.
And I promise to keep posting as long as my mind and right hand keep functioning. lol

Ppaca,  unfortunately the name of the BC case manager was written on a scrap of paper that accidentally went out in the trash.   It's hard for me to keep any organization going in here.

That's ok Bob that form you signed will probably be processed by Monday or Tuesday.

73Smart Phones - Page 3 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/23/2016, 5:44 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I have a little story to tell you which has a message to it.

All this started for me about 6 weeks ago. I first started to feel mild weakness in my legs.
I had been feeling some side effects from the cancer drug I'd been receiving. Including a feeling of general fatigue.
So the first thing I did was consult Dr. Google to see if weakness in the legs was one of the side effects. And sure enough it was. So Dr Google convinced me that's what I was experiencing. And I assumed it would go away with time as did all the other side effects.
It stayed the same for the next three weeks. And then four weeks later it got worse. That's when I collapsed in my bedroom and couldn't get up.
Took me almost an hour to slither across the floor to get to my phone at the other end of the house.

I rode an ambulance to the ER. Told the ER doctor it was a side effect of Yervoy.
Coincidentally, the ER doctor had treated a patient the day before who had the weakness in legs side effect of the drug. However, in doing quick research on this patient's symptoms, he learned the side effect is present only when BOTH limbs are weak. Unlike me where it was confined to one side. He immediately suspected something else was happening to me, gave me an MRI of the head and found the brain tumor.

So what is the message in this story?
It's simply that if I had not consulted with that quack Dr. Google, I would not have jumped to the wrong diagnosis. Instead I would have wondered what in hell was happening to me and gone to a real doctor to find out. And the tumor would have been found and removed earlier before the major damage had been done.

So the messsge is be very careful when using Dr. Google for your doctor. If I hadn't used him I'd be home right now enjoying a normal life.

74Smart Phones - Page 3 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/23/2016, 6:09 pm

RealLindaL

Bob, thank you for sharing this invaluable story. I, for one, will take it to heart. Googling symptoms is something I have to believe most of us have done at one time or another, and maybe we've just been lucky if we haven't done ourselves major harm in the process. Your story is definitely food for thought.

That said, I really hope you won't beat yourself up about it. I'm not sure how you can be so rock solid certain that it was your delay that ended you up where you are, anyway. Maybe so, maybe not, is my inclination to believe. It's so hard to say for sure what the body would or wouldn't have done under various circumstances.

Now, right here I should insert a perfectly apropos, classic example of my point, but I can't think of one. LOL

Look, Bob -- again -- just please don't blame yourself. That kind of thinking can stress your system, you know. Not helpful. Think instead of how much we all love you, guy. But thanks again for unloading. Your story's advice could very well help someone else sometime down the road.

75Smart Phones - Page 3 Empty Re: Smart Phones 9/23/2016, 6:13 pm

I'm really sorry to hear this Bob. I'm impressed though with your still dispensing bobisms. It's such a relief to still have you here with us. Keep fighting..!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum