Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oh Oh Mr. Markle....feds throw the book at Baltimore Police

+3
othershoe1030
Markle
2seaoat
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

2seaoat

300k African American citizens walking the streets were stopped, frisked, and sometime strip searched with no probable cause and Mr. Markle wonders why the police asked for bench trials in baltimore......no jury could have given those officers a fair trial. Maybe Linda can write a letter about these uppity black people walking the streets.......certainly Commissioner May might have an opinion......Go Feds Go.....no link....nightly news.

Markle

Markle

What does that have to do with me personally?

2seaoat

Freddie Gray and your baseless attacks..........it appears the feds agree that Baltimore Police are out of control.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

I watched the whole press conference this morning with feds, mayor and police chief and have since heard excerpts of the report which is very damning. Officers have been fired and training and new guidelines have been started to be put into use. It is disgraceful to say the least. The mayor seems to be genuinely set on reform, knows it is a long haul but do-able.

As someone said today basically you can't abuse a population six days a week and expect cooperation from them on Saturday night. Trust is lost but the spotlight is on them and several other departments too.

As the mayor pointed out the police and community would both be better off if they can turn this around and build trust. Safer for the cops and people too.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

The 164 page report is available on line for anyone who wants to see what DOJ came up with.

http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/documents/local/us-justice-department-finds-discriminatory-practices-in-baltimore-police/2117/

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Freddie Gray and your baseless attacks..........it appears the feds agree that Baltimore Police are out of control.

BoardsofFL your ignorance is NOT surprising. One would thing, as the great potentate of the forum, you would have checked first. Yep, I should have known better.

2seaoat

The prosecutor did her job........the defendants found a judge who would not find them guilty........the people do not have a right to a jury trial, only the defendant has the ultimate choice.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:The prosecutor did her job........the defendants found a judge who would not find them guilty........the people do not have a right to a jury trial, only the defendant has the ultimate choice.

The prosecutor did NOT do her job, she did a terrible job and the outcome is on her hands and no one else's.

She jumped too fast, way too fast in charging them. She is inexperienced and drastically overcharged them in order to score political points. A the time, none of the legal talking heads agreed with her overly quick and over charges saying it was impossible to win those cases.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

I'm reading the DOJ report and am finding it to be fascinating. Not all but many of the current problems BPD is experiencing, according to the report, go back to their adoption of the zero tolerance approach to policing. The idea was to cut down on major crime by enforcing the small stuff. The problem is that this approach ended up inflicting great harm on the relationship between police and the black communities since blacks were stopped, searched, arrested, detained much more frequently than other ethnic groups.

The problem is systemic and will require better training, better record keeping, better community policing. Anyone who reads the report cannot help but come to the conclusion that the zero tolerance methods do harm, not good and that blacks were unfairly targeted. The Freddy Gray case is just the tip of the iceberg that we are now beginning to see and that the black community has been aware of for many years. Now it cannot be ignored. No one can claim that the Gray case was anything but a reflection of the general attitude and practices of the BPD.

The practices of the past few years show a basic laziness on the part of police supervisors. Training was nearly nonexistent or actually inaccurate as far as procedures that were legal to implement. Misconduct or complaints were not recorded so statistics could not be used to identify problem officers or units that were out of control. In some cases people were strip searched in public by the side of the road, totally against any recommended procedure yet complaints went unanswered in any meaningful way. Large numbers of arrests were thrown out upon review etc. etc. Quite a blistering indictment.

Of course let us note that all the social conditions that lead to crime should not be the problem of the police. Unfortunately, the police, like teachers, end up dealing with the results of institutionalized racism. We fool ourselves by thinking we are in some kind of post-racial society just because we were smart enough to elect our first black president.  

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:
[...]
We fool ourselves by thinking we are in some kind of post-racial society just because we were smart enough to elect our first black president.  

NO ONE, with an ounce of sense, believes we are in a "post-racial" society because people wanted to show their lack of racism and vote for the first white/black president. We all know that turned out to be a massive failure.

Well, known to is the fact that since Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama became president, racism in America has become far worse than when he took office.

The same is true about our relationship with Muslims. He promised that when he became president, our relationship with Muslims would instantly improve. We know how that worked out too.

Shocking Audio Obama has to Redistribute WHITE Suburbia’s Wealth for both His and Our Salvation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHxH5aUMQ0Q

Obama: Police Acted 'stupidly' in Scholar Arrest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPoszz2H9UE

Barack Hussein Obama campaign for black votes 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BdjoHA5ocwU

Obama Says--White Folk's Greed Runs a World In Need
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFNQBTOVF4o

OBAMA SAYS CONSTITUTION DEEP FLAW CONTINUES TODAY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11OhmY1obS4

Barack Obama's mentor Hillary ain’t never been called a ....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAYe7MT5BxM

GOD DAMN AMERICA Rev Jeremiah Wright, Farrakhan & Obama
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hPR5jnjtLo

Jeremiah Wright
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36T1fnIafC0

Obama Appeals Court Nominee - Goodwin Liu - on Reparations for Slavery
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgR2I3mvz74

Eric Holder Drops Charges on Black Panthers for Voter Intimidation - Bill O'Reilly Reports
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoEpySrLYxs

Malik Shabazz Reacts to Barack Obama and Rev Wright!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT6CefhYEqo

VAN JONES RESIGNS Blames Smear Campaign Of True Facts & Tape Recordings Of His Own Words https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTQ-aRlqiXw

“If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, ‘We’re gonna punish our enemies and we’re gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us,’ if they don’t see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it’s gonna be harder and that’s why I think it’s so important that people focus on voting on November 2.”
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-latinos-punish-your-enemies-voting-booth_511932.html

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Freddie Gray and your baseless attacks..........it appears the feds agree that Baltimore Police are out of control.

BoardsofFL my good friend. Here are two threads I started regarding the Freddie Gray case. Please show us in detail which is a "baseless attack". If you cannot...would you agree that you are...?

Uh oh...I didn't see this coming. BREAKING: Freddie Gray Autopsy Released => Death Was ‘Accident’ Not Murder by Markle Politics 16 314 Fri 26 Jun - 3:30 by WordslingerView latest post

No new posts You have posted in this topic. Total Chaos in Baltimore. Baltimore creates their own problems by NOT being transparent about the inexcusable death of Freddie Gray. [ Go to pageGo to page: 1, 2, 3 ] by Markle Politics 69 1017 Mon 11 May - 4:08 by MarkleView latest post

Come on BoardofFl, surely could easily have found these. I think it is plain that I too believed the police were in the wrong and should have been charged.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

I can see you can still cut and paste. congratulations on posting a minimum of original material as usual.

The point of the DOJ report of course is that the attitudes and tactics of the BPD were racially biased as shown by the statistical analysis. They adopted policies that made the relationship between the cops and people much worse than it had to be. Hopefully they will over time turn this around.

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:I can see you can still cut and paste. congratulations on posting a minimum of original material as usual.

The point of the DOJ report of course is that the attitudes and tactics of the BPD were racially biased as shown by the statistical analysis. They adopted policies that made the relationship between the cops and people much worse than it had to be. Hopefully they will over time turn this around.

Thank you for pointing out your desperation...once again.

Post number 10 is made up of various sources which I gathered and have saved in a file.  So that's all mine.

As for the second post, both of the threads I highlighted in red are MY original threads proving I never took a position supporting the police involved in the death of Freddie Gray.

I simply proved all of the Progressives were lying when they refused to do any research and claimed I supported the police.

Give up guys, just try doing your research, then put up your post and forget the desperate attacks on me instead of paying attention.  You're just not up to my ability.

Last edited by Markle on 8/13/2016, 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:I can see you can still cut and paste. congratulations on posting a minimum of original material as usual.

Thank you for pointing out your desperation...once again.

Post number 10 is made up of various sources which I gathered and have saved in a file.  So that's all mine.

As for the second post, both of the threads I highlighted in red are MY original threads proving I never took a position supporting the police involved in the death of Freddie Smith.

I simply proved all of the Progressives were lying when they refused to do any research and claimed I supported the police.

Give up guys, just try doing your research, then put up your post and forget the desperate attacks on me instead of paying attention.  You're just not up to my ability.

Your ability? Granted you're the king of obfuscation. Other than that, my friend, you're a pariah.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

othershoe1030 wrote:I'm reading the DOJ report and am finding it to be fascinating. Not all but many of the current problems BPD is experiencing, according to the report, go back to their adoption of the zero tolerance approach to policing. The idea was to cut down on major crime by enforcing the small stuff. The problem is that this approach ended up inflicting great harm on the relationship between police and the black communities since blacks were stopped, searched, arrested, detained much more frequently than other ethnic groups.

The problem is systemic and will require better training, better record keeping, better community policing. Anyone who reads the report cannot help but come to the conclusion that the zero tolerance methods do harm, not good and that blacks were unfairly targeted. The Freddy Gray case is just the tip of the iceberg that we are now beginning to see and that the black community has been aware of for many years. Now it cannot be ignored. No one can claim that the Gray case was anything but a reflection of the general attitude and practices of the BPD.

The practices of the past few years show a basic laziness on the part of police supervisors. Training was nearly nonexistent or actually inaccurate as far as procedures that were legal to implement. Misconduct or complaints were not recorded so statistics could not be used to identify problem officers or units that were out of control. In some cases people were strip searched in public by the side of the road, totally against any recommended procedure yet complaints went unanswered in any meaningful way. Large numbers of arrests were thrown out upon review etc. etc. Quite a blistering indictment.

Of course let us note that all the social conditions that lead to crime should not be the problem of the police. Unfortunately, the police, like teachers, end up dealing with the results of institutionalized racism. We fool ourselves by thinking we are in some kind of post-racial society just because we were smart enough to elect our first black president.  

Well stated. Good post!

Markle

Markle

No surprise.

Progressives and their failed policies will NEVER, EVER accept responsibility for their failures.

Run by Democrats for decades, Milwaukee is in the same condition as Detroit and Baltimore.

What do the Progressives want? MORE MONEY!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Here's the problem with Wisconsin:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/17/opinion/campaign-stops/the-destruction-of-progressive-wisconsin.html

Oh Oh Mr. Markle....feds throw the book at Baltimore Police 5477777132_88117f80a6_m

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Markle wrote:No surprise.

Progressives and their failed policies will NEVER, EVER accept responsibility for their failures.

Run by Democrats for decades, Milwaukee is in the same condition as Detroit and Baltimore.

What do the Progressives want?  MORE MONEY!

According to the DOJ findings they need more money because they have no functioning police department. The training department is woefully understaffed and schedules classes in a building that should be condemned. Their technology is totally outdated, which renders any effective record keeping impossible. They need a total revamping of everything from recruitment to officer supervision.

Where money is involved there is spending and then there's investment. I would call what needs to be done in Baltimore and many other police departments an investment. It would provide jobs and make the job of the police a lot safer and easier. It would restore or be a step in the right direction of restoring public trust in the police. I don't have a problem with that sort of community investment. To deny the problems and not repair the damage would be a disservice to both the police and the people.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle's only objective in these bizarre diatribes is to irritate, not to inform or persuade. Being a weak, cowardly and insecure guy, he thrills at being able to insult without fear of physical retribution. By his response to Othershoe, we can see he doesn't care about improved police training or equipment, or about any programs that would restore trust between the citizens and their police. The problems are human problems, not bipartisan, but Markle -- clearly a fascist-racist -- without fail identifies with republican themes. So every problem, from climate change to cancer is due entirely to progressives.

Like I said, when you really figure Markle out, he is harmless.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Wordslinger wrote:Markle's only objective in these bizarre diatribes is to irritate, not to inform or persuade.  Being a weak, cowardly and insecure guy, he thrills at being able to insult without fear of physical retribution.  By his response to Othershoe, we can see he doesn't care about improved police training or equipment, or about any programs that would restore trust between the citizens and their police.  The problems are human problems, not bipartisan, but Markle -- clearly a fascist-racist -- without fail identifies with republican themes.  So every problem, from climate change to cancer is due entirely to progressives.  

Harmless yet irritating!! Good analysis.

Difficult as it is for some on the right to grasp, yes often the answer IS more money. A favorite ploy of the right is to not fund programs they don't like and then point to them as failures when they were never meant to function in the first place. They say: See, government doesn't work. As they say, Republicans say government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove that it's true.

RealLindaL

othershoe1030 wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:Markle's only objective in these bizarre diatribes is to irritate, not to inform or persuade.  Being a weak, cowardly and insecure guy, he thrills at being able to insult without fear of physical retribution.  By his response to Othershoe, we can see he doesn't care about improved police training or equipment, or about any programs that would restore trust between the citizens and their police.  The problems are human problems, not bipartisan, but Markle -- clearly a fascist-racist -- without fail identifies with republican themes.  So every problem, from climate change to cancer is due entirely to progressives.  

Harmless yet irritating!! Good analysis.

Difficult as it is for some on the right to grasp, yes often the answer IS more money. A favorite ploy of the right is to not fund programs they don't like and then point to them as failures when they were never meant to function in the first place. They say: See, government doesn't work. As they say, Republicans say government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove that it's true.

Excellent posts, both of you.

Is this the place you've come to since the "enlightened and tolerant" mob rule to permanently ban him?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:Is this the place you've come to since the "enlightened and tolerant" mob rule to permanently ban him?

Knowing you're a far right wingnut, I know that fear is very much a part of your diet. However, would you point out where above anyone has recommended banning Markle? If you can't just admit you're a frightened fool.

Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Is this the place you've come to since the "enlightened and tolerant" mob rule to permanently ban him?

Knowing you're a far right wingnut, I know that fear is very much a part of your diet.  However, would you point out where above anyone has recommended banning Markle?  If you can't just admit you're a frightened fool.

First you would have to understand my post. Take note of the word "since"... then realize the context.

Second... it's hard to imagine anything more cowardly than silencing another's opinions and rights.

Good work adolf.

Sal

Sal

Oh Oh Mr. Markle....feds throw the book at Baltimore Police Youre-suffering-from-cab-or-chronic-acute-butthurt-im-writing-you-a-prescription-for-some-maximum-strength-shut-the-fuck-up-82987

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum