Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Khizr Khan Believes the Constitution ‘Must Always Be Subordinated to the Sharia’ How does Trump always know?

+5
ZVUGKTUBM
Sal
nadalfan
VectorMan
Markle
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Markle

Markle

How does Donald Trump always read people so well? He seems to have an eerie sense about people before anyone else knows.

Khizr Khan Believes the Constitution ‘Must Always Be Subordinated to the Sharia’

by PAUL SPERRY 2 Aug 2016

Notwithstanding his war-hero son’s genuinely patriotic example, Khizr M. Khan has published papers supporting the supremacy of Islamic law over “man-made” Western law — including the very Constitution he championed in his Democratic National Convention speech attacking GOP presidential nod Donald Trump.

In 1983, for example, Khan wrote a glowing review of a book compiled from a seminar held in Kuwait called “Human Rights In Islam” in which he singles out for praise the keynote address of fellow Pakistani Allah K. Brohi, a pro-jihad Islamic jurist who was one of the closest advisers to late Pakistani dictator Gen. Zia ul-Haq, the father of the Taliban movement.

Khan speaks admiringly of Brohi’s interpretation of human rights, even though it included the right to kill and mutilate those who violate Islamic laws and even the right of men to “beat” wives who act “unseemly.”

[...]

“The invariable and basic rules of Islamic law are only those prescribed in the Shari’ah,” Khan writes. “All other juridical works… must always be subordinated to the Shari’ah.”

He explains that Sharia is derived from the Quran and Sunnah, and that the Quran “is the absolute authority from which springs the very conception of legality and every legal obligation.”

Khan then notes that Quranic law includes “constitutional law.”

“Family law is laid down in 70 injunctions; civil law in another 70; penal law in 30; jurisdiction and procedure in 13; constitutional law in 10; international relations in 25; and economic and financial order in 10,” he said.

Khan defers to an early Islamic jurist who ruled: “For every issue concerning a Muslim, either there is a binding text (of the Shariah) that rules it, or there is a guidance that may indicate the way to truth. If there is a text, then the Muslim has to follow it.”

A devout Muslim, Khan also cites two radical Muslim Brotherhood figures as scholarly sources — Said Ramadan and Muhammad Hamidullah.

Though described by the Clinton camp and media as a “Pakistani-American lawyer,” less known is Khan’s an acknowledged expert on Sharia law doctrine. His 13-page article, which was published in the Houston Journal of International Law, has been cited in dozens of Islamic law articles and has been used in college syllabi for Islamic law courses as recently as 2013.

By comparison, his expertise in American constitutional law is barely evident. In fact, there appears to be few if any legal citations in federal or state court records for Khan, who describes himself on his business website (removed Tuesday from the Internet) as “attorney at law.”

[...]

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2016/08/02/khizr-khan-constitution-sharia/

VectorMan

VectorMan

I knew there was something wrong with that little weasel.

Fuck him and Sharia. I hate that his dead son had to have THAT for a father.

nadalfan

I think it's really, really smart of Trump and his supporters to continue to go after this guy and his wife. Keep up the good work.

Sal

Sal

Yes ...

... please proceed, governor.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Trump might just get lucky, because Mr. Kahn is tiring of hisd media campaign against Trump, and may stop going on television.

But, let's hope this story keeps resonating and that Trump keeps stepping in doggy-doo because of it. His biggest problem ia foot-in-mouth disease.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Meanwhile, while Lame Dork poster Markle crafts cheap propaganda threads denigrating a gold-star Muslim family, former soldiers who actually KNEW slain Captain Humayun Khan (unlike the Lame Dork…) have gone public with their praise about how the late Captain Khan was an excellent leader who was ready to give his all for his soldiers.

Slain Cpt. Khan Praised as "Amazing Man" by Soldier
http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/03/politics/captain-khan-sergeant-walker-praise/index.html

Excerpts:

(CNN) — "Amazing leader." "The best." "My friend."

Those were some of the words Sgt. Lacy Walker used to describe Cpt. Humayun Khan, the slain Muslim American solider whose parents became embroiled in a controversial feud with Donald Trump following Khizr Khan's emotional speech at the Democratic National Convention.

"If you worked for Captain Khan, then you knew you were taken care of. You knew that everything was going to be ok. You knew you were safe," she said. "I know as the human being he was, as the soldier he was, every day he would always look out for us. He would always make sure we were safe."

"He didn't wear his heritage on his shoulder. He wore the American flag like all of us did. He was a soldier. He was a man. He died honorably. He didn't die because he's a Muslim. He didn't even -- he didn't shout out that he was a Muslim. He was just proud to serve his country and proud to serve with his troops."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The story by this woman characterizes the Khans in a different light from the false narratives parroted in the Brietbart article used by Lame Dork poster Markle to craft this thread.

Breitbart is to wingnuts what DailyKos is to the far-left.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Meanwhile, while Lame Dork poster Markle crafts cheap propaganda threads denigrating a gold-star Muslim family, former soldiers who actually KNEW slain Captain Humayun Khan (unlike the Lame Dork…) have gone public with their praise about how the late Captain Khan was an excellent leader who was ready to give his all for his soldiers.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/03/politics/captain-khan-sergeant-walker-praise/index.html

Excerpts:

Those were some of the words Sgt. Lacy Walker used to describe Cpt. Humayun Khan, the slain Muslim American solider whose parents became embroiled in a controversial feud with Donald Trump following Khizr Khan's emotional speech at the Democratic National Convention.

"If you worked for Captain Khan, then you knew you were taken care of. You knew that everything was going to be ok. You knew you were safe," she said. "I know as the human being he was, as the soldier he was, every day he would always look out for us. He would always make sure we were safe."

"He didn't wear his heritage on his shoulder. He wore the American flag like all of us did. He was a soldier. He was a man. He died honorably. He didn't die because he's a Muslim. He didn't even -- he didn't shout out that he was a Muslim. He was just proud to serve his country and proud to serve with his troops."

The story by this woman characterizes the Khans in a different light from the false narratives parroted in the Brietbart article used by Lame Dork poster Markle to craft this thread.

Nice try at deflection...again. Please share with us what is false in the article I posted.

If you cannot, Please simply post that in a moment of weakness, you lied.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Meanwhile, while Lame Dork poster Markle crafts cheap propaganda threads denigrating a gold-star Muslim family, former soldiers who actually KNEW slain Captain Humayun Khan (unlike the Lame Dork…) have gone public with their praise about how the late Captain Khan was an excellent leader who was ready to give his all for his soldiers.

Excerpts:

Nice try at deflection...again.  Please share with us what is false in the article I posted.

I read said article. The author spins a bunch of BS because back in 1983, Mr. Kahn wrote a positive review on a book about religious rights and Islam. The false narratives in that article grow exponentially from there. You based an entire thread on a Breitbart article based on a whole lot of nothing. Here, allow me to give this back to you:

Khizr Khan Believes the Constitution ‘Must Always Be Subordinated to the Sharia’    How does Trump always know? Nothin12

Breitbart is no better than DailyKos, but those kind of articles suit Lame Dork poster Markle well, because he can use them in his sophomoric propaganda pieces.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I also read Mr. Khan's book review. There is nothing radical in that written piece, but the Breibart reporter did a lot of projection, trying to link Mr. Khan to radical Islam. The whole sham article is a cheap shot, just like the cheap propaganda that Lame Dork poster Markle likes to create. Markle, here is your new tricycle:

Khizr Khan Believes the Constitution ‘Must Always Be Subordinated to the Sharia’    How does Trump always know? D6677a1dc97b940f70e42ef0363dd496

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Trump might just get lucky, because Mr. Kahn is tiring of hisd media campaign against Trump, and may stop going on television.

But, let's hope this story keeps resonating and that Trump keeps stepping in doggy-doo because of it. His biggest problem ia foot-in-mouth disease.

Strange how someone, whoever it is, suddenly begins to tire of their 15 minutes of fame JUST when folks start digging deeper, much deeper and, as Paul Harvey so famously said, "now here is the REST of the story".

His SON was a true American War Hero, that doesn't make DAD...anything.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Trump might just get lucky, because Mr. Kahn is tiring of hisd media campaign against Trump, and may stop going on television.

Strange how someone, whoever it is, suddenly begins to tire of their 15 minutes of fame JUST when folks start digging deeper, much deeper and, as Paul Harvey so famously said, "now here is the REST of the story".

His SON was a true American War Hero, that doesn't make DAD...anything.

Oh, yes it does. Do you have children? That speak to you? You're sorry.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:

Excerpts:

Nice try at deflection...again.  Please share with us what is false in the article I posted.

I read said article. The author spins a bunch of BS because back in 1983, Mr. Kahn wrote a positive review on a book about religious rights and Islam. The false narratives in that article grow exponentially from there. You based an entire thread on a Breitbart article based on a whole lot of nothing. Here, allow me to give this back to you:

Khizr Khan Believes the Constitution ‘Must Always Be Subordinated to the Sharia’    How does Trump always know? Nothin12

Breitbart is no better than DailyKos, but those kind of articles suit Lame Dork poster Markle well, because he can use them in his sophomoric propaganda pieces.

Thanks for your spin. Does he, or does he not believe that Sharia Law takes precidence over the U.S. Constitution? It is a simple yes or no answer.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:Thanks for your spin.  Does he, or does he not believe that Sharia Law takes precidence over the U.S. Constitution?  It is a simple yes or no answer.

Please show us WHERE he said "Sharia law takes precedence over the U.S. Constitution." If he did not say that, you are propagandizing a false equivalency.

Here is the link to Kahn's book review:

https://www.scribd.com/document/320016178/Khizr-Khan-Human-Rights-Islam

The link can be found in the article that you did not read before you wrote your propaganda piece. Please read the book review and tell us how many times Kahn mentions "Sharia Law," and the "U.S. Constitution." Come back to this thread and report your findings. If you cannot back up your assertions, please allow me to provide your dinner tonight:

Khizr Khan Believes the Constitution ‘Must Always Be Subordinated to the Sharia’    How does Trump always know? Crow10

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:

Excerpts:

Thanks for your spin.  Does he, or does he not believe that Sharia Law takes precidence over the U.S. Constitution?  It is a simple yes or no answer.

Regarding Mr. Khan's review, was he talking about Sharia having precedence everywhere, or just in Muslim countries?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Fact: Mr. and Mrs. Kahn are the Muslim parents of an American officer killed in action while under the flag of the United States of America. The issue isn't Mr. Kahn's political beliefs, but Trump's lame attempt to defile all Muslims, American or otherwise.

Try and focus Markle ... focus.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Wordslinger wrote:Try and focus Markle ... focus.  

I think he was immolated by his own thread.... The Brietbart article probably came from HotAir or one of the other wingnut sites he likes to frequent, and he focused on the possibility hurrying back here with it to create some new propaganda rather than see if the article presented anything real or not or not. Standby for the face or the guy taking a nap on the lawn or some other piece he likes to use to show us how he won this argument...... Sigh...

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Wordslinger wrote:Regarding Mr. Khan's review, was he talking about Sharia having precedence everywhere, or just in Muslim countries?

The word "Sharia" and the words "U.S. Constitution" cannot be found at all in Mr. Kahn's book review. He speaks of Islamic traditions and customs in very generalized terms and does nothing to promote radical or provocative ideas. The Brietbart article that Lame Dork poster Markle latched onto like a magnet was a whole lot of made-up puffery, but useful for the Lame Dork's purposes, I suppose.

It sure irritates y'all when individuals don't follow the herd mentality.

If Kahn didn't want his son's death politicized... then he shouldn't have politicized it.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PkrBum wrote:It sure irritates y'all when individuals don't follow the herd mentality.

If Kahn didn't want his son's death politicized... then he shouldn't have politicized it.

His speech at the DNC was awesome! Wingnuts everywhere found it too much to handle, and went to great extent to (unsuccessfully) discredit Kahn. In fact this very speech trapped Trump in a foot-in-mouth episode that may have damaged his own chances as much or more than Mr. Kahn did. Khan did what he thought he must do, and did it thoughtfully, humbly, and well. A few days later he said he would do no more interviews and said he was going to fade out of public view.

If some journalist seeks him out to write a book about his family and his son's service in the Army, I would purchase it (I try to keep my PC loaded with Kindle books).

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:It sure irritates y'all when individuals don't follow the herd mentality.

Bullshit. Trump was disparaging all Muslims and Kahn correctly saw that as crapola and his dead son -- an American hero -- was an unblemished example of how one can be a good Muslim and a good American. Fuck Trump -- the Nazi bastard. Y'all jes cain't stand it when ya caught fuckin' ya sister, right?

Markle

Markle

Always amusing, all the Progressives whine and cry but can't deny the FACTS I posted.

MOST amusing is the poster who said...well...that he supports Sharia Law over our Constitution is NOT in a BOOK REVIEW.

Ahhh...my good friends, who could make this up.

They can't deny the facts so, as usual, they bellyache at me.

Ahhh...life is good. Few things are more pleasant than basking in the warm glow radiating from the hate and vitriol of a Progressive! Keep up the good work!

Khizr Khan Believes the Constitution ‘Must Always Be Subordinated to the Sharia’    How does Trump always know? BaskingintheWarmth-1-1

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Herd mentality, my ass. How about the truth? I know that's a radical concept for you. Mr. Kahn, make no mistake, was pushing back against Trump's anti-Muslim rhetoric. I'm sure it cost both him and his wife emotionally to stand up for their son and the Muslim community in this country. Sorry it's not your white bread evangelism.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:Always amusing, all the Progressives whine and cry but can't deny the FACTS I posted.

MOST amusing is the poster who said...well...that he supports Sharia Law over our Constitution is NOT in a BOOK REVIEW.

Most amusing is your refusal to admit that you have been had...... Here is the disclaimer you failed to post along with this thread:

Khizr Khan Believes the Constitution ‘Must Always Be Subordinated to the Sharia’    How does Trump always know? Bs10

Markle

Markle

I post facts...and the Progressives here live in denial.

2seaoat

I post facts...and the Progressives here live in denial.

your ability to even carry on a logical debate is so diminished, I sadly fear that you are ill and incapable of even understanding how delusional you have become. Most do not even bother because you have lost your humor, intelligence, grasp of reality, and are sadly just a shadow of your former self. I hope you have someone who is looking out for you because the decline has been noticeable for six months. It used to be fun messing with you, but I feel like I am boxing a child who is battered and beaten in life and has simply lost his way.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum