Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Fat Lady is singing

+2
knothead
2seaoat
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26The Fat Lady is singing - Page 2 Empty Re: The Fat Lady is singing 9/26/2012, 8:25 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Sundown wrote:
2seaoat wrote:You simply do not understand lending and what happened. It had nothing to do with government actions, rather the absence of government action as wall street money flooded the real estate market, and was bundled as traditional mortgages when it was simply junk.....everybody made money......and this started at the title company, real estate brokers, lawyers, surveyors, pest companies, appraisers, wall street money people, and the bundlers.........the problem is that they were bundling junk.....and all across the world people bought the junk.........and the government had nothing to do with the buyers not being qualified......when the risk of repayment was being hidden and disbursed throughout the globe. You simply do not understand.

it had nothing to do with gov LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL LMAO! lol! lol! lol!

I swear to god I want some of what yall are smokin....

it can be blamed on the Democrats and their efforts to expand homeownership to people who, in some cases, may not have been quite ready for it

the democrats are currently blowing up the next bubble, the healthcare bubble

http://articles.cnn.com/2002-06-17/politics/bush.minority.homes_1_home-ownership-home-buyers-american-dream-down-payment-fund?_s=PM:ALLPOLITICS

Bush aims to boost minority home ownership

President Bush touted his goal Monday of boosting minority home ownership by 5.5 million before the end of the decade through grants to low-income families and credits to developers.

"Too many American families, too many minorities, do not own a home. There is a home ownership gap in America. The difference between African-American and Hispanic home ownership is too big," Bush told a crowd at St. Paul AME Church in Atlanta.

Citing data he used Saturday in his weekly radio address, Bush said that while nearly three-quarters of white Americans own their homes, less than half of African-Americans and Hispanic-Americans are homeowners.

He urged Congress to expand the American Dream Down-Payment Fund, which would provide $200 million in grants over five years to low-income families who are first-time home buyers.

The money would be used for down payments, one of the major obstacles to home ownership, Bush said.

It is anticipated that 40,000 low-income families -- receiving about $5,000 each -- would benefit from those grants, he added.

To encourage the construction of single-family homes in neighborhoods where affordable housing is scarce, developers would receive $2.4 billion in tax credits to build lower-cost housing in distressed areas.

The fund also would offer financial education and counseling to protect home buyers from abuses and help them get the best loan terms possible, Bush said.

Bush toured Atlanta's Pryor Road area, where new housing developments are replacing rundown housing projects. One of the new developments is the Villages at Carver.

Bush said he met with several homeowners.

"They're so proud to own their own home," Bush said. "What we've got to do is make sure these stories are repeated over and over."

Bush added, "I do believe in the American dream. I believe there is such a thing as the American dream. And I believe those of us who have been given positions of responsibility must do everything we can to spotlight the dream."

He said, "Owning a home is a part of that dream."

Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and the federal Home Loan Banks -- the government-sponsored corporations that handle home mortgages -- will increase their commitment to minority markets by more than $440 billion, Bush said.

Under one of the initiatives launched by Freddie Mac, consumers with poor credit will be able to obtain mortgages with interest rates that automatically decline after a period of consistent payments, he added.

And then two years after that...

http://www.usatoday.com/money/perfi/housing/2004-01-20-fha_x.htm

Bush seeks to increase minority homeownership

In a bid to boost minority homeownership, President Bush will ask Congress for authority to eliminate the down-payment requirement for Federal Housing Administration loans.

Last edited by boards of FL on 9/26/2012, 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

27The Fat Lady is singing - Page 2 Empty Re: The Fat Lady is singing 9/26/2012, 8:30 pm

Sundown wrote:
2seaoat wrote:You simply do not understand lending and what happened. It had nothing to do with government actions, rather the absence of government action as wall street money flooded the real estate market, and was bundled as traditional mortgages when it was simply junk.....everybody made money......and this started at the title company, real estate brokers, lawyers, surveyors, pest companies, appraisers, wall street money people, and the bundlers.........the problem is that they were bundling junk.....and all across the world people bought the junk.........and the government had nothing to do with the buyers not being qualified......when the risk of repayment was being hidden and disbursed throughout the globe. You simply do not understand.

it had nothing to do with gov LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL LMAO! lol! lol! lol!

I swear to god I want some of what yall are smokin....

it can be blamed on the Democrats and their efforts to expand homeownership to people who, in some cases, may not have been quite ready for it

the democrats are currently blowing up the next bubble, the healthcare bubble

You are truly a remarkable idiot -hands down! I'm still wondering how you got through college and it's not even hard?

28The Fat Lady is singing - Page 2 Empty Re: The Fat Lady is singing 9/26/2012, 8:55 pm

look at student loans and what's happening to tuition... maybe if we start recognizing bubbles... nevermind.

29The Fat Lady is singing - Page 2 Empty Re: The Fat Lady is singing 9/26/2012, 9:26 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

2Seaoat, this is the right wing's standard explanation of why we had the meltdown and housing bubble: the govmt made me do it.

Those of us not in the right wing bubble know it happened because of a lack of regulation on Wall Street, derivatives being bundled etc. If the lender had to hold the loan for several years at least then they'd be more careful.

Now they think it's a good idea to turn the WH over to another Wall Street guy. What are they thinking?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum