Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game of thrones battle of the bastards........best episode yet

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

The realism of that battle made all others seem like hollywood, you could virtually feel Snow's suffocating in the crush of people.......I have watched it three times on HBO and have never seen a better battle scene in my life.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/06/21/game-of-thrones-the-actual-historical-roots-of-the-enormous-battle-of-the-bastards/?hpid=hp_no-name_no-name%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

2seaoat

I guess to make this a proper political posting, I need to make Jon Snow Donald Trump and Hillary the Bolton bastard who will be fed to the dogs......you see Donald has the entire Republican Party waiting in the wings to charge over the hill and save him........

2seaoat

Being torn apart by dogs was too good for ramsey.

2seaoat

Being torn apart by dogs was too good for ramsey.

I was hoping it would be slow and a couple of episodes, but the dogs were appropriate. He did a great job of selling evil. He will be in high demand for roles as a bad guy because there was something unsatisfied with him simply dying.

I was hoping theon would get satisfaction... or even sansa. I discuss this show with some old poker friends. They have great theories and most have read the books. The show is great because it hasn't followed the books exactly. Keeps the book snobs on their toes. It's rumored that there might just be 15 or so episodes left. There sure is alot to tie up if so. In addition to the battle scenes... the dragons were great. Totally believable and the scale of them was awesome... what are they feeding those things... lol.

2seaoat

Here is my problem with the dragons. There were three baby dragons. When she was attacked and the one took her from the collisium, I thought that dragon died in a field from all the spear and arrow right before she was captured. During the ship scene, I saw three dragons, so I am confused. Did I miss something?

No... the dragon got a few wounds... but was gone when daneries came to. I'd assumed him fine. No telling what it really takes to kill one. Just like the white walkers... it takes either dragon glass or valerian steel. The dragons are odd creatures.

I don't want to spoil things for you... but there are all kinds of cool theories and ideas. One that shouldn't spoil much... some think that jon snow is not actually Ned's bastard. That he actually was his sisters son by raygar targarian. Remember when bran was seeing the scene in the past at the tower of joy? When a young ned was trying to rescue his sister... after he had killed the knights he began to climb the tower stairs and you could hear his sister screaming... then a babies cry. So jon may actually have the direct bloodline to become king... especially if raygar married the stark sister. (I think her name was lyann?) Anyway she died and rhygar was killed... then ned brought jon home and told caitlin that he was his bastard.

2seaoat

My son in law is one of the book readers and he is constantly giving me alternative plot schemes, but I missed the dragon surviving. I guess you have a point, nobody has elaborated on what it takes to kill a dragon. My wife and I have watched the episode four times now, and women do not like battle scenes, but she absolutely captured by this episode. She had no use for Bolton, and after he allowed the dogs to eat the infant brother and legitimate heir to the crown......she has wanted him gone.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum