Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I just had the most remarkable experience

+5
Sal
2seaoat
RealLindaL
ZVUGKTUBM
Hospital Bob
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Of course there is one and only one exception to big corporations caring about public relations. And that would be The Trump Organization.
So if there is such a thing as Trump Cigars, and they're in a package with the price and that is in a display with the price displayed, I can well imagine that Trump would tell me the $2 cigars actually cost $3.
But I do remember the ones I bought were not Trump cigars. Because I would not have bought those on principle. I don't support wrastlin.

RealLindaL

Bob wrote:And to Sal.  I have never been in a Circle K or Tom Thumb or Raceway or any other chain convenience store ever before and found they had priced anything with the price printed on the package,  and in a big display which also has the price printed on it,  and they tell me the "actual" price is higher.
They don't do that because giant corporations value public relations.  And to pull a bait and switch like that would be a dealkiller for most customers including me and they know it.

Gee, Bob, that must be exactly what Sal meant when he said, "...retailers are free to charge what they want for the item, although most businesses price items at or below MSRP."

I love this forum and our members but sometimes it feels like slogging through molasses.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Circle K used to have a sign prominently posted over the registers with the number of the local manager...don't know if they still do.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:
Circle K used to have a sign prominently posted over the registers with the number of the local manager...don't know if they still do.  

I can't go back in there.  The part I left out was the fit I threw when this happened.  And after it was over,  I then realized it was all recorded on the security video.  They'll remember me if I go back in.  Plus,  there are a dozen other places to get cigars.  
But actually I decided to quit cigars this morning anyway.

Sal

Sal

It's bad customer service.

We had a turkey ring up wrong at Publix, and they gave it to us free of charge.

If you're paying 99c for a cigar, you're not getting anything worth smoking anyway.

Might as well smoke a twig.

Hallmarkgard

Salinsky wrote:It's bad customer service.

We had a turkey ring up wrong at Publix, and they gave it to us free of charge.

If you're paying 99c for a cigar, you're not getting anything worth smoking anyway.

Might as well smoke a twig.

50Cent.... 2 for 99cents...Value pack LOL

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

When it comes to tobacco,  I'm like an alcoholic.

An alcoholic doesn't give a shit what the wine he's drinking tastes like.  All the alcoholic wants to know is they remembered to put the alcohol in it.

I'm a tobaccoholic.  I don't give a shit if the cigars were made in Cuba or in China or whether they cost a nickel or they cost $25.  Just make sure it has the nicotine in it.

RealLindaL

Bob wrote:I'm a tobaccoholic.  I don't give a shit if the cigars were made in Cuba or in China or whether they cost a nickel or they cost $25.  Just make sure it has the nicotine in it.

As a fellow reformed 'tobaccoholic' (quit cigarettes 1990) I can relate, although, come to think of it, there were certain cigarettes even I wouldn't smoke unless they were the last ones on Earth.  

Seriously, congratulations, Bob, on quitting cigars.  Seems like a very wise move on your part.

I know you didn't ask for advice but I'll just offer, for you or anyone else contemplating quitting nicotine, the two tiny tricks that helped me stop cold turkey almost 26 years ago:

1.   Get hold of some top notch candy fireballs, and suck on one when you get the urge to smoke.  That heat really keeps your mouth (and mind) occupied.  I realize it's sugar,  bad for teeth, etc., but it's a temporary measure, just to get through the toughest first few days or so.  Another quitter recommended that to me at the time, and I'm forever in her debt.

2.  Visualize, visualize, visualize.  For example:  Picture yourself as a small child, toolin' down the sidewalk on your tricycle on a summer's day -- light breezes stirring your hair, warm sun on your shoulders, birds singing in the green trees -- and not a thought of a cigar (or cigarette) in your mind.   You can get back to that 'innocent' state, free of the bonds of nicotine addiction.  

I'll admit I also chewed sugar-free bubblegum for about a year, but wouldn't necessarily recommend that.

All the best to you, Bob.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum