Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump says the system is rigged

+5
polecat
Hospital Bob
Sal
Telstar
2seaoat
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Trump says the system is rigged Empty Trump says the system is rigged 4/12/2016, 7:17 am

2seaoat

He is making it clear that if they take the nomination away from him, he will run a third party campaign. As unpopular as Hillary and Cruz are.....he could win a third party campaign.

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:He is making it clear that if they take the nomination away from him, he will run a third party campaign.  As unpopular as Hillary and Cruz are.....he could win a third party campaign.

It would help his cause if he wasn't less popular than they are.

Sal

Sal

Trump says the system is rigged Trump-bankrumpts-convention-toles

2seaoat wrote:He is making it clear that if they take the nomination away from him, he will run a third party campaign. As unpopular as Hillary and Cruz are.....he could win a third party campaign.

He is right, they are rigging it. Just as the Dems are trying and have tried to rig it for Hillary, but Bernie won't go quietly and I think has won seven primary elections in a row. The biggest waste of air is Kasich who has won only one state out of 35 now? WTH. With a 1 for 35 average in pro ball, you'd be sent back to the minors.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:  As unpopular as Hillary and Cruz are.....he could win a third party campaign.

I don't see any path for Trump to win the Presidency.  No one can win the Presidency when 75% of all women voters and an even greater percentage of hispanic voters will not vote for him.  Plus Clinton will get the lion's share of black voters as well.

Trump appeals to a segment of the electorate.  But only to a segment and that segment is not big enough to win the Presidency.

polecat

polecat

I have to say that I support the GOP establishment's effort to take away Donald Trump's job and give it to a Hispanic man who didn't earn it. - LOLGOP

polecat

polecat

Trump is so bad at being a Republican, he didn't even realize that they steal elections they can't win. - LOLGOP

Trump says the system is rigged Untitl10

Vikingwoman

Bob wrote:
2seaoat wrote:  As unpopular as Hillary and Cruz are.....he could win a third party campaign.

I don't see any path for Trump to win the Presidency.  No one can win the Presidency when 75% of all women voters and an even greater percentage of hispanic voters will not vote for him.  Plus Clinton will get the lion's share of black voters as well.

Trump appeals to a segment of the electorate.  But only to a segment and that segment is not big enough to win the Presidency.

I agree! That segment doesn't realize there are not enough of them to win. Thank the stars!

Bob wrote:

75% of women voters? Which ones? The ones in your butt? You surely don't have anything to back that claim.

Telstar

Telstar

Bob wrote:

To put it mildly, Trump has a women problem. He may be attracting some Republican women voters, but according to the latest CNN poll, taken before the spat with Cruz over his wife, 73% of registered female voters in the United States had an unfavorable view of Trump.
Those results are consistent with a Reuters poll that found more than half of the women in this country hold a "very unfavorable" view of him. That's a steep hill to climb for Trump in a general election if he ends up the GOP nominee against Hillary Clinton.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/27/opinions/trumps-bizarre-war-on-women-opinion-setmayer/

Telstar wrote:
Bob wrote:

To put it mildly, Trump has a women problem. He may be attracting some Republican women voters, but according to the latest CNN poll, taken before the spat with Cruz over his wife, 73% of registered female voters in the United States had an unfavorable view of Trump.
Those results are consistent with a Reuters poll that found more than half of the women in this country hold a "very unfavorable" view of him. That's a steep hill to climb for Trump in a general election if he ends up the GOP nominee against Hillary Clinton.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/27/opinions/trumps-bizarre-war-on-women-opinion-setmayer/

A poll from Communist News Network. Valid much? Not so much.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

What? wrote:
Telstar wrote:
Bob wrote:

A poll from Communist News Network. Valid much? Not so much.

Here's another poll showing women having a 70% unfavorable view of Trump, Gallup Poll reported on Newsmax, hardly a liberal source.

Of all respondents, regardless of party affiliation, more men also have an unfavorable view of Trump:
Women: 70 percent unfavorable-23 percent favorable
Men: 58 percent favorable-36 unfavorable
Although Trump's favorability rose slightly in the fall, the gap has been widening since January.

Breaking News at Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/gallup-trump-unfavorable-women/2016/04/01/id/721828/#ixzz45e8uYC00
Urgent: Rate Obama on His Job Performance. Vote Here Now!

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/gallup-trump-unfavorable-women/2016/04/01/id/721828/

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Of course both nominating primaries and conventions are rigged in the sense that they are set up by and run by the parties so naturally the usual powers that be have a vested interest in having someone who supports their world view win the nomination.

What Trump is trying to do is to spin his higher number of delegates into evidence that he should be the nominee but, hey, if this were football and he was on the 5 yard line it still wouldn't be a touchdown. He is trying to convince people this nominating process is like an election rather than a matter of crossing the goal line.

If he goes it alone, obviously the Democrat would win since he'd split the GOP vote. However, and here's the very strange part...a reporter the other day said she had never heard so many undecided voters being torn between Trump or Bernie.

It makes sense to a certain extent though because those are both the "outsider" or "not business as usual" candidates so I can see where there would be a certain attraction among voters who think (in Bernie's case) that the government should work for all the people, not just the billionaires and in Trump's case, well perhaps for those who think the government needs to build that wall on the southern border or negotiate more effectively with China.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I don't see how poster What? could favor Trump. Trump has stated he will have an even handed foreign policy that favors neither the Israelis or the Muslims in the Middle East. This means Bibi Netanyahu will not have his ass kissed by President Trump if Trump is elected. Bibi won't cotton to that, I'll tell ya.... He has had a hard enough time trying to boss President Obama around.

If Trump got tough with all players, told them to stop their shit (both sides) and come to the table or else, I would say he was a miracle worker.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

What? wrote:
Bob wrote:

75% of women voters? Which ones? The ones in your butt? You surely don't have anything to back that claim.

Yes I pulled that out of my butt.  I got it from the communist news network.  By the way,  the communist news network put Trump and his family on for an hour tonight.  But if it's the communist news network,  I wonder why it put on a show which makes me want Trump as the president again.  Just as it did most of the audience who watched it.
After watching the communist news network tonight,  I'm convinced that Trump is definitely a role model for husband and father.

So my question to you is...

What?

lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

What? wrote: Communist News Network.

Son,

Do you know what Time Warner is?  It owns and operates CNN.
It's one of the largest corporate media conglomerates in the world.

I know your little buds at the beer joint have all told you it represents communism.  But trust me,  little man,  it don't.  lol

Baby boomers had that communism brain washing course all through school.  Hard for some to lose.  I had a Vietnam war vet teaching the Americanism vs Communism class - a requisite course senior year to graduate.

Whew...it's taken time to shake some of the brainwashing but you can do it folks...you can do it.

othershoe1030 wrote:Of course both nominating primaries and conventions are rigged in the sense that they are set up by and run by the parties so naturally the usual powers that be have a vested interest in having someone who supports their world view win the nomination.

What Trump is trying to do is to spin his higher number of delegates into evidence that he should be the nominee but, hey, if this were football and he was on the 5 yard line it still wouldn't be a touchdown. He is trying to convince people this nominating process is like an election rather than a matter of crossing the goal line.

If he goes it alone, obviously the Democrat would win since he'd split the GOP vote. However, and here's the very strange part...a reporter the other day said she had never heard so many undecided voters being torn between Trump or Bernie.

It makes sense to a certain extent though because those are both the "outsider" or "not business as usual" candidates so I can see where there would be a certain attraction among voters who think (in Bernie's case) that the government should work for all the people, not just the billionaires and in Trump's case, well perhaps for those who think the government needs to build that wall on the southern border or negotiate more effectively with China.

What makes Cruz delegates a touchdown then?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

SheWrites wrote:Baby boomers had that communism brain washing course all through school.  Hard for some to lose.  I had a Vietnam war vet teaching the Americanism vs Communism class - a requisite course senior year to graduate.

Whew...it's taken time to shake some of the brainwashing but you can do it folks...you can do it.

What brainwashing? Please elaborate.

2seaoat

What brainwashing? Please elaborate.

I am interested in the same thing....what brainwashing?

2seaoat wrote:What brainwashing? Please elaborate.

I am interested in the same thing....what brainwashing?

I'll come back in a bit and explain. Expecting company and I need to clean the guest room. Very Happy

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:He is making it clear that if they take the nomination away from him, he will run a third party campaign.  As unpopular as Hillary and Cruz are.....he could win a third party campaign.

I think you underestimate Hillary's following.

SheWrites wrote:Baby boomers had that communism brain washing course all through school.  Hard for some to lose.  I had a Vietnam war vet teaching the Americanism vs Communism class - a requisite course senior year to graduate.

Seaoat and FLTX...

Don't you feel that as a baby boomer we were force fed some things about America and in defense of America?  While I did not practice nuclear attack drills, my sister did in elementary school in the early 1960s. Why make kids think the Communist were going to bomb us?  As far as history tells me America has flown and dropped that payload.

I'm patriotic.  I love my America's foundation.  However, when everything is covered in the red, white, and blue isn't that brainwashing?  

I love my family.  I've lived a fairly conservative life (not speaking politics but just the way I do things - I'm not lavish) However, in the early 90s when I had small children there was a "brainwashing" set forth by Focus on the Family that all things had to be one man, one woman, 2.5 children, a cat, a dog, and a minivan.  

I am spiritual.  However, I had to walk away from brainwashing that is propagated in the pulpits of NW Florida.  Not all churches, mind you, but so many fundamental rules keeping churches.  

How has any of this moved us forward?  It has not.  We have all experienced the ultra conservative politics based on this brainwashing.  I, for one, have rejected it.  

Mind you I'm still conservative but I am free thinking.  So many fear leaving the brainwashing. It's legalistic bull crap and also politically splintering to the country.  

Who has brainwashed more - Russia or the USA?

Speak to most military retirees and you will hear the same mantra.  Listen to blue collar Joe speaking on the radio show that Bob listens to.  You hear the same mantra.  But in turn they will say there is a liberal mantra.  

I agree with Bob that you need to listen to how the folks in your community think.  I just don't have to listen to it over and over and over.  Put up a topic and you know what their response will be.  One track...brainwashed...it's their way or the highway.

I've probably rambled in a circle.  Hope you catch what I'm saying.  Very Happy

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Guest wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:Of course both nominating primaries and conventions are rigged in the sense that they are set up by and run by the parties so naturally the usual powers that be have a vested interest in having someone who supports their world view win the nomination.

What makes Cruz delegates a touchdown then?

Absolutely nothing makes or gives Cruz or anyone else a touchdown. They have to go to a second or third or whatever ballot to nominate someone. It may turn out to be Trump anyway. He may finally win over unbound delegates to his side and get the 1237 he needs.

I'm just saying, given the way the system is set up the fact that he has more delegates doesn't translate into a win. It is not that kind of set up. Of course with the whole rules committee able to change things before the convention even votes (if I understand it correctly) basically anything could happen.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

SheWrites wrote:

Seaoat and FLTX...

Don't you feel that as a baby boomer we were force fed some things about America and in defense of America?  While I did not practice nuclear attack drills, my sister did in elementary school in the early 1960s. Why make kids think the Communist were going to bomb us?  As far as history tells me America has flown and dropped that payload.

I'm patriotic.  I love my America's foundation.  However, when everything is covered in the red, white, and blue isn't that brainwashing?  

I love my family.  I've lived a fairly conservative life (not speaking politics but just the way I do things - I'm not lavish) However, in the early 90s when I had small children there was a "brainwashing" set forth by Focus on the Family that all things had to be one man, one woman, 2.5 children, a cat, a dog, and a minivan.  

I am spiritual.  However, I had to walk away from brainwashing that is propagated in the pulpits of NW Florida.  Not all churches, mind you, but so many fundamental rules keeping churches.  

How has any of this moved us forward?  It has not.  We have all experienced the ultra conservative politics based on this brainwashing.  I, for one, have rejected it.  

Mind you I'm still conservative but I am free thinking.  So many fear leaving the brainwashing. It's legalistic bull crap and also politically splintering to the country.  

Who has brainwashed more - Russia or the USA?

Speak to most military retirees and you will hear the same mantra.  Listen to blue collar Joe speaking on the radio show that Bob listens to.  You hear the same mantra.  But in turn they will say there is a liberal mantra.  

I agree with Bob that you need to listen to how the folks in your community think.  I just don't have to listen to it over and over and over.  Put up a topic and you know what their response will be.  One track...brainwashed...it's their way or the highway.

I've probably rambled in a circle.  Hope you catch what I'm saying.  Very Happy[/quote
]

I am old enough to have practiced the bombing drills. It was something we were told was important. It was part of the brainwashing. I think this idea of American Exceptionalism has gone a bit far. Sure we are exceptional but so are many other countries. I think the purpose of this concept is to make us think we have a license to do basically whatever we want because we are the big dog on the playground. It does not encourage critical thinking about foreign policy or energy policy or food policy, etc. To me it pus up a shield in front of many realities that most Americans are unwilling to look at.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum