Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Favorite Local Mexican Restaurant is Shuttered....

+2
Joanimaroni
ZVUGKTUBM
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I always wonder how so many resaurants remain open with so few customers.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Joanimaroni wrote:Try Arlene's BBQ on Mobile Hwy. just past Fairfield.

We used to go there when it was a Tasty Freeze.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

RealLindaL

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Try Arlene's BBQ on Mobile Hwy. just past Fairfield.

We used to go there when it was a Tasty Freeze.

Is that a sit-down place or just carryout?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

We do carry out....Outside seating only.

RealLindaL

Joanimaroni wrote:We do carry out....Outside seating only.

OK, thanks.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

You are venturing a long way from Gulf Breeze if you travel all the way to West Pensacola to go to Arlene's.

RealLindaL

Speaking of the west side and venturing far from home, another great place for BBQ that I may've mentioned before (forgive me if so) is Brother's BBQ on Gulf Beach Hwy.  We sometimes stop there on the way home from the Navy's old abandoned Bronson Field, where my husband's RC airplane modeling club is allowed to fly.   Some of the best BBQ we've ever had.  Very good sides, too. Only wish they'd open one in Gulf Breeze so we could go more often.  (Would say Pensacola Beach but that's too much to ask of anyone - lol.)

But Joani, did I tell you (or did you know) that Shrimp Basket opened a place on PBeach several weeks ago?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

You are venturing a long way from Gulf Breeze if you travel all the way to West Pensacola to go to Arlene's.

I know! When I do BBQ for a crowd I buy sauce from Arlene's. Her husband makes it.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

RealLindaL wrote:Speaking of the west side and venturing far from home, another great place for BBQ that I may've mentioned before (forgive me if so) is Brother's BBQ on Gulf Beach Hwy.  We sometimes stop there on the way home from the Navy's old abandoned Bronson Field, where my husband's RC airplane modeling club is allowed to fly.   Some of the best BBQ we've ever had.  Very good sides, too. Only wish they'd open one in Gulf Breeze so we could go more often.  (Would say Pensacola Beach but that's too much to ask of anyone - lol.)

But Joani, did I tell you (or did you know) that Shrimp Basket opened a place on PBeach several weeks ago?

I have eaten at the Shrimp Basket twice....not a favorite.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Joanimaroni wrote:I have eaten at the Shrimp Basket twice....not a favorite.

I agree. First, I don't like shrimp. Their food is mediocre at best.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Saw Arlene today!

RealLindaL

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:I have eaten at the Shrimp Basket twice....not a favorite.

I agree. First, I don't like shrimp. Their food is mediocre at best.

I love shrimp but I'm talking the quality of Pegleg Pete's grilled Gulf variety - outstanding.   The Shrimp Basket pales in  comparison (as do the prices accordingly - lol), but it's convenient for a quick bite at lunch or a light supper, and a few things are pretty decent, such as the salads.  And they do have other things besides shrimp.  My husband likes their catfish OK.

I've had really good Mecican food in San Antonio and San Angelo

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

RealLindaL wrote:My husband likes their catfish OK.

The next time your husband wants to order 'catfish' in any local restaurant, he needs to ask them if it is American farm-raised catfish, or imported Vietnamese Basa (which is also a 'catfish'). I think at the Shrimp Basket, their 'fried-fish dinner' is Basa. Another reason for me to not eat there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum