Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

La Hacinda restaurant in Pace

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1La Hacinda restaurant in Pace Empty La Hacinda restaurant in Pace 10/23/2015, 1:01 am

2seaoat

Two bad experiences in two nights......nice open airy fountain, but the same Americanized food you find in these knock off Mexican restaurants. We have seen the hand painted booths and chairs exactly like their decor in Illinois........it was nice to see some Hispanics because I miss seeing hard working people. I always can judge a Mexican restaurant by the quality of their tamales......thank goodness I did not see them on the menu.....nothing worse than screwing up a tamale. We will try the fish house this weekend, but three strikes and we are out.........I did have a whataburger......liked it.

2La Hacinda restaurant in Pace Empty Re: La Hacinda restaurant in Pace 10/23/2015, 1:29 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:I did have a whataburger......liked it.

I had one about 6 AM yesterday.  I tell em to add mayonaise and keep the mustard.  With cheese of course. 
Still probably the most enjoyable meal I ever get anywhere.  And my credit card balance is mainly restaurant and bar tabs.

3La Hacinda restaurant in Pace Empty Re: La Hacinda restaurant in Pace 10/23/2015, 7:57 am

BOB, A WHATABURGER IS ALL ABOUT MUSTARD.

When we lived in north Alabama, a Whataburger was opened in some little town between B'ham and Huntsville. We stopped there on trip to Pcola. They had the audacity to ask if we wanted mayo or mustard. Sacrilege!

4La Hacinda restaurant in Pace Empty Re: La Hacinda restaurant in Pace 10/23/2015, 8:45 am

dumpcare

Next whataburger whether you're going with mayo or mustard ask for two pkts of butter, open up the burger and let the butter melt on the meat. This is better is mustard but also goes well with mayo.

5La Hacinda restaurant in Pace Empty Re: La Hacinda restaurant in Pace 10/23/2015, 8:48 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I add mayo but I keep the mustard on mine too. I'm eating one right now. Not many yard sales to go to.

6La Hacinda restaurant in Pace Empty Re: La Hacinda restaurant in Pace 10/23/2015, 10:16 am

ppaca wrote:Next whataburger whether you're going with mayo or mustard ask for two pkts of butter, open up the burger and let the butter melt on the meat. This is better is mustard but also goes well with mayo.

I'm not a junk food junkie but when I want a Whataburger it has be the Whataburger of my early years. The inside of the bun is toasted with butter while the outside is still soft. Great skill there. Butter on the meat....that changes THE WHATABURGER.

I take a stand for my Whataburger.

Laughing

Bob, Whataburger and yard sales. Great combo.

7La Hacinda restaurant in Pace Empty Re: La Hacinda restaurant in Pace 10/23/2015, 10:31 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

SheWrites wrote:

Bob, Whataburger and yard sales.  Great combo.

On fridays like today when the yard sales are a total bust,  I always get a whataburger for breakfast.  It eases the pain of coming home empty handed.

By the way when I was a kid,  I thought they were saying Waterburger.  And I couldn't figure out how they made a burger out of water cause it wasn't wet.

8La Hacinda restaurant in Pace Empty Re: La Hacinda restaurant in Pace 10/23/2015, 11:12 am

polecat

polecat

Just say no to fish house.

Now same post on 2 different thread.

Its bar food and bar food quality. If I want fried fish I go to Slips, good as any where else and the price is right.

Also saw something about this on the news this week, Becks beer false advertising.
Last year at Fish House I order a Becks beer with my lunch and while waiting for the food to arrive I read on the lable brewed in St Louis so I ask my waiter if I was going to be charged with import price and he said yes Becks is brewed in Germany so I showed him the lable and ask to speak to the manager. Needless to say but I paid inport price for domestic beer and have never been back.

9La Hacinda restaurant in Pace Empty Re: La Hacinda restaurant in Pace 10/23/2015, 11:14 am

Bob wrote:
SheWrites wrote:

Bob, Whataburger and yard sales.  Great combo.

On fridays like today when the yard sales are a total bust,  I always get a whataburger for breakfast.  It eases the pain of coming home empty handed.

By the way when I was a kid,  I thought they were saying Waterburger.  And I couldn't figure out how they made a burger out of water cause it wasn't wet.

Laughing I think we all said Waterburger.

10La Hacinda restaurant in Pace Empty Re: La Hacinda restaurant in Pace 10/23/2015, 11:20 am

polecat wrote:Just say no to fish house.

Its bar food and bar food quality. If I want fried fish I go to Slips, good as any where else and the price is right.

Also saw something about this on the news this week, Becks beer false advertising.
Last year at Fish House I order a Becks beer with my lunch and while waiting for the food to arrive I read on the lable brewed in St Louis so I ask my waiter if I was going to be charged with import price and he said yes Becks is brewed in Germany so I showed him the lable and ask to speak to the manager. Needless to say but I paid inport price for domestic beer and have never been back.  

I'm not impressed with any seafood restaurant after moving back to the Coast. I could open my own hushpuppy business. The hard rocks they serve around here are awful.

My sweet mother said she prefers Capt Ds. I laugh and take her there at least twice a month and I do enjoy it. She says there is no sense paying fancy prices for a fish that is not good.

I miss the huge fish fry shindigs our extended family used to have. That was always the best way to enjoy seafood.

11La Hacinda restaurant in Pace Empty Re: La Hacinda restaurant in Pace 10/23/2015, 12:00 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

SheWrites wrote:

I'm not impressed with any seafood restaurant after moving back to the Coast.  I could open my own hushpuppy business.  The hard rocks they serve around here are awful.

My sweet mother said she prefers Capt Ds.  I laugh and take her there at least twice a month and I do enjoy it.   She says there is no sense paying fancy prices for a fish that is not good.

I miss the huge fish fry shindigs our extended family used to have.  That was always the best way to enjoy seafood.  

We grew up with Friday night fish fries....dad caught the mullet and made the hushpuppies. It was awesome.  Nothing better than fresh mullet that curls when you cook it.

Miss mullet fishing with my dad....we caught, cleaned and fried the mullet on the dock.

Last edited by Joanimaroni on 10/23/2015, 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

12La Hacinda restaurant in Pace Empty Re: La Hacinda restaurant in Pace 10/23/2015, 12:31 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
SheWrites wrote:

I'm not impressed with any seafood restaurant after moving back to the Coast.  I could open my own hushpuppy business.  The hard rocks they serve around here are awful.

My sweet mother said she prefers Capt Ds.  I laugh and take her there at least twice a month and I do enjoy it.   She says there is no sense paying fancy prices for a fish that is not good.

I miss the huge fish fry shindigs our extended family used to have.  That was always the best way to enjoy seafood.  

We grew up with Friday night fish fries....dad caught the mullet and made the hushpuppies. It was awesome.  Nothing better than fresh mullet that curls when you cook it.

Miss mulletvfishing with my dad....we cuaght, cleaned and dried the mullet on the dock.

Are you in my family, Joanie? Sounds familiar! Laughing One day I'll get brave and post a free verse poem I wrote about fishing with my Dad. The best of memories!

13La Hacinda restaurant in Pace Empty Re: La Hacinda restaurant in Pace 10/23/2015, 5:21 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

SheWrites wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
SheWrites wrote:

Miss mulletvfishing with my dad....we cuaght, cleaned and dried the mullet on the dock.

Are you in my family, Joanie?  Sounds familiar! Laughing    One day I'll get brave and post a free verse poem I wrote about fishing with my Dad.  The best of memories!

LOL....do you have a black box? Dad had one, I have it now.

We always took the black box fishing. It held the Coleman stove, plates, utensils, cornmeal, pork and beans, Wesson oil, salt and pepper, bread and of course paper towels.

We carried to the end of the dock and cooked our mullet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum