Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

U.S. Distrust in Media Hits New High

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.gallup.com/poll/157589/distrust-media-hits-new-high.aspx

Implications

Americans are clearly down on the news media this election year, with a record-high six in 10 expressing little or no trust in the mass media's ability to report the news fully, accurately, and fairly. This likely reflects the continuation of the trend seen in recent years, combined with the increased negativity toward the media that election years tend to bring. This is particularly consequential at a time when Americans need to rely on the media to learn about the platforms and perspectives of the two candidates vying to lead the country for the next four years.

------

This CLEARLY says something.

2seaoat

The media must be fact checked and have dynamic scrutiny. It used to be that print media provided a great source of reliable information being fact checked.....but print media has been systematically closed down as corporate america and the wealthy have simply and efficiently cut off revenue to that media. The result is fewer and fewer sources are being controlled by fewer and fewer people.

I think Fox News no longer is working for Americans. After watching last night as the war drums were being beaten......I think they are controlled by special interests who want America to go to war again....and again.....the American public is getting wise to media and the manipulation.

2seaoat wrote:The media must be fact checked and have dynamic scrutiny. It used to be that print media provided a great source of reliable information being fact checked.....but print media has been systematically closed down as corporate america and the wealthy have simply and efficiently cut off revenue to that media. The result is fewer and fewer sources are being controlled by fewer and fewer people.

I think Fox News no longer is working for Americans. After watching last night as the war drums were being beaten......I think they are controlled by special interests who want America to go to war again....and again.....the American public is getting wise to media and the manipulation.

you accuse the right of messing up media when right in front of you it is obvious that the left have taken control of MSM

They have altered utube/google. They have worked with tax exempt media such as media matters and OTHERS. PBS, NPR et al

and the most recent was to close down forums all across the nation such as the PNJ forums.

They dont want us talking, they want YOU listening.

You're a good little sheep seaoat...

VectorMan

VectorMan

Hell, 95% of the MSM is on the Obama cheer squad. It's pretty pathetic and no wonder people have no faith in their "reporting".

2seaoat

Msnbc and Fox News are advocates for special interests. MSNBC I think is a shill for public unions and labor unions in general. I believe that Fox News is a shill for foreign national interests, and an industrial military complex which believes more war is good.

The American Public is wising up to both of them. I listen to both of them, and I must admit that the quality of morning Joe on MSNBC is unmatched in America. I use my brain to make that determination. I sadly cannot say the same for the rest of NSNBC or Fox programing, and believe that America is being hurt by their propoganda.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum