Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gallup US Job Creation Index hits six year high

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://mam.econoday.com/byshoweventfull.asp?fid=462654&cust=mam&year=2014&lid=0&prev=/byweek.asp#top

boards of FL

boards of FL

This is great news, right?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

What boards passed by in his own article is that government has it's thumb on the scales. It hired more useless parasitic government employees to boost its numbers.  READ...

The Job Creation Index score among government workers increased four points from May, resulting in a net hiring score of plus 18 for June. This score is the highest since the plus 16 in August 2008, when Gallup first began to measure government employment. The index score increased in June among federal, state and local government workers, though state and local government workers continue to report a more positive hiring situation than do federal workers.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Regarding government jobs numbers:

Government jobs as of January 2009: 22,579,000

Government jobs as of May 2014: 21,869,000

So, in the real world, the US has shed 710,000 government jobs during the tenure of Obama.

Isn't that good news to you, TEO?

TEOTWAWKI wrote:What boards passed by in his own article is that government has it's thumb on the scales. It hired more useless parasitic government employees to boost its numbers.  READ...

The Job Creation Index score among government workers increased four points from May, resulting in a net hiring score of plus 18 for June. This score is the highest since the plus 16 in August 2008, when Gallup first began to measure government employment. The index score increased in June among federal, state and local government workers, though state and local government workers continue to report a more positive hiring situation than do federal workers.

I actually didn't miss that. This report is based upon poll of 4,000 working adults who are asked whether or not their employer is currently hiring or firing. It is not an exact measure of added jobs. The BLS report that gives us an estimate of job numbers will be out tomorrow, and the ADP report that also gives us an estimate of actual jobs came out today. Here it is again for you, TEO. And before you further misinterpret this painfully straighforward information, I'll pre-emptively tell you that the report linked below is only an estimate for private sector job growth....lest your next response be "OH YEAH!!!111 WELL...HOW MANY OF THEM JOBS IS GOVIRMENT JOBZ,,,,HUT???!?!!"

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t15427-adp-employment-report-281000-jobs-added-to-the-economy-in-june

If this is true then why so many between 18-55 out of job market in record numbers to go along with record numbers taking disability instead of working? What about the record numbers on welfare that you brag about? Why aren't all these welfare folks taking those added jobs?

boards of FL

boards of FL

PACEDOG#1 wrote:If this is true then why so many between 18-55 out of job market in record numbers to go along with record numbers taking disability instead of working? What about the record numbers on welfare that you brag about? Why aren't all these welfare folks taking those added jobs?

Because the number of people between the age of 18-55 who identify themselves as being out of the job market has nothing to do with a poll of 4,000 working Americans who are asked about their respective companies hiring/firing situation.

Take your time with that one, PACEDOG. This is complicated stuff.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PaceDog wants America to fail for ideological reasons. He figures if things get bad enough, people will vote overwhelmingly for politicians he favors. Bring on death, storms, destruction, terrorist attacks--anything will do so long as it can be used to smear the left, and especially Barrack Obama. How many dead children are worth another anti-Obama thread on the Pensacola Discussion forum? Stay tuned....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Smoke and mirrors and a poll.  Yeah there's some hard data you can take to the bank.

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Smoke and mirrors and a poll.  Yeah there's some hard data you can take to the bank.

Smoke and mirrors and a poll? You got the poll part right, but smoke and mirrors? Objective numerical data points are smoke and mirrors?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Maybe you should find some REAL data...

In addition to sampling error, question wording and practical difficulties in conducting surveys can introduce error or bias into the findings of public opinion polls.

For more details on Gallup's polling methodology, visit www.gallup.com.

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Maybe you should find some REAL data...

Third time for TEO:  

http://mam.econoday.com/byshoweventfull.asp?fid=461132&cust=mam&year=2014&lid=0&prev=/byweek.asp#top

If this doesn't fit your definition of "REAL data", what does?

Highlights
ADP's data are showing a big increase in payroll growth for June, at 281,000 vs an unrevised 179,000 in May. The Econoday consensus for ADP was 213,000 with the high-end estimate at 240,000.

Market Consensus before announcement
ADP private payroll employment growth for May posted at 179,000. The BLS comparable measure for May came in at 216,000.

Definition
The ADP national employment report is computed from a subset of ADP records that represent approximately 400,000 U.S. business clients and approximately 23 million U.S. employees working in all private industrial sectors. ADP contracted with Moody’s Analytics to compute a monthly report that would ultimately help to predict monthly nonfarm payrolls from the Bureau of Labor Statistic's employment situation. The ADP report only covers private (excluding government) payrolls.

boards of FL

boards of FL

And even more detail:

http://www.adpemploymentreport.com/2014/June/NER/NER-June-2014.aspx

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

boards of FL wrote:And even more detail:

http://www.adpemploymentreport.com/2014/June/NER/NER-June-2014.aspx

Gallup US Job Creation Index hits six year high Change-in-Total-Nonfarm-Private-Employment-by-Selected-Industry-June-2014

Looks like manufacturing is still flat as ever. I don't know where the construction industry got it's boost, I haven't seen it..but professional service jobs are doing well probably because of the District of Columbia hiring and growing more than anywhere except North Dakota...move to Washington DC Boards...it's where the jobs are.

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Looks like manufacturing is still flat as ever.

By "is still flat as ever", TEO means to say "added 12,000 jobs in June".

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I don't know where the construction industry got it's boost, I haven't seen it..

Must be fake!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

boards of FL wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Looks like manufacturing is still flat as ever.

By "is still flat as ever", TEO means to say "added 12,000 jobs in June".

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I don't know where the construction industry got it's boost, I haven't seen it..

Must be fake!
Well I do know some Mexicans that found jobs laying brick so..maybe it's not totally fake.

Z- we've already failed....Obama leads the pack headed into oblivion. Obama took on every social issue he could find and said to hell with the economy which he said he should fix or not get reelected.

2seaoat

Z- we've already failed....Obama leads the pack headed into oblivion. Obama took on every social issue he could find and said to hell with the economy which he said he should fix or not get reelected.

If we have failed, what would you compare this failure to, and what would you do differently.

Sal

Sal

This is purely anecdotal, but within a 15 mile radius of my home there are at least a dozen new neighborhoods underway.

I'll admit it's kinda disconcerting considering the substantial number of empty houses which already exist in the area.

In a free market those empty houses would've been forced onto the market. Instead banks trickled them out.

We were screwed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum