Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obama's Approval Rating Is Tanking

+3
Slicef18
Sal
2seaoat
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

President Barack Obama's approval rating in Gallup's rolling survey has plunged 6 percentage points in two weeks, a troubling sign that puts him on shaky historical ground for re-election.

Obama's approval rating is down to just 46 percent, down from a high of 52 percent after the Democratic National Convention. His disapproval rating, meanwhile, now stands at 48 percent, up from 42 percent after the DNC. Altogether, that's a 12-point swing in two weeks.

Recall why the 50 percent threshold is important, per Gallup managing editor Jeffrey M. Jones:

The 50% approval mark is significant because post-World War II incumbent presidents who have been above 50% job approval on Election Day were easily re-elected. Presidents with approval ratings below 50% have more uncertain re-election prospects. Historically, two presidents below 50% in their final approval rating before the election -- George W. Bush and Harry Truman -- won, and three, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, and George H.W. Bush, lost.

That should concern Obama, in part because George W. Bush never dropped this low this late in the race.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-approval-rating-2012-poll-convention-israel-2012-9#ixzz27DF21ukE

And Rand Paul says Romney has the elction in the bag.......

Chrissy wrote:President Barack Obama's approval rating in Gallup's rolling survey has plunged 6 percentage points in two weeks, a troubling sign that puts him on shaky historical ground for re-election.

Obama's approval rating is down to just 46 percent, down from a high of 52 percent after the Democratic National Convention. His disapproval rating, meanwhile, now stands at 48 percent, up from 42 percent after the DNC. Altogether, that's a 12-point swing in two weeks.

Recall why the 50 percent threshold is important, per Gallup managing editor Jeffrey M. Jones:

The 50% approval mark is significant because post-World War II incumbent presidents who have been above 50% job approval on Election Day were easily re-elected. Presidents with approval ratings below 50% have more uncertain re-election prospects. Historically, two presidents below 50% in their final approval rating before the election -- George W. Bush and Harry Truman -- won, and three, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, and George H.W. Bush, lost.

That should concern Obama, in part because George W. Bush never dropped this low this late in the race.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-approval-rating-2012-poll-convention-israel-2012-9#ixzz27DF21ukE

And Rand Paul says Romney has the elction in the bag.......

LOL!

2seaoat

This election analysis is really not too complex. The following states of Nevada, Ohio, Pa, Fl, Va, and Co. will determine who the next president will be. If Obama gets any two of the above, the election is over. He leads in all those states by almost 5-10 point leads. The American people know Mitt Romney now. Unless the President is caught having sex with a dog in the front of the White House.....he will be reelected. The special interests of the industrial/military complex, Al Queda, and Israel all want an over reaction to the planned and very purposeful muslim unrest.....but America has gained wisdom. We will no longer have special interests spill our blood for their interests, nor will we react to the war drums of Hannity and his Ilk who are puppets of the special interests. The election is over. It was over as soon as Mitt Romney was the nominee. Ann Coulter was right all along....we will nominate Romney....and we will lose.

Please tell me which of the above states Romney will win.......then we will see after the election who was right.

i have it on very good authority that this is the fault of negative youtube videos...

don't worry... obama asked youtube to give him some latitude until after the election. at which time he will shut it down.

Rumor has it that the obama paid media is so scared that obama is going to lose they are polling way more dems than anyone else.

They are pushing hard to try and discourage republicans to turn out the vote.

obama and clan know obama cant run on the results form his 1st term and will have his ass kicked on it during the debates. Because you cant answer every question with its bushes fault or the republicans kept me from doing my job.

So keep your heads held high republicans. The masses of people are not going to elect a man who did not keep his promises or better thier lives.

So get out the vote and prepare for a total meltdown from the crazy lefties.

Chrissy wrote:Rumor has it that the obama paid media is so scared that obama is going to lose they are polling way more dems than anyone else.

They are pushing hard to try and discourage republicans to turn out the vote.

obama and clan know obama cant run on the results form his 1st term and will have his ass kicked on it during the debates. Because you cant answer every question with its bushes fault or the republicans kept me from doing my job.

So keep your heads held high republicans. The masses of people are not going to elect a man who did not keep his promises or better thier lives.

So get out the vote and prepare for a total meltdown from the crazy lefties.

you're so funny..
you kinda remind me of Baghdad Bob..

2seaoat

My question remains unanswered: which of the swing states will Romney win if the polls are changing?

2seaoat wrote:My question remains unanswered: which of the swing states will Romney win if the polls are changing?

sir, the polls are not the answer here.

media is scewed so it reasons that the polls are scewed.

the facts are that people out here are suffering. They have been marching down the street suffering.

Logic dictates that people are NOT going to go vote for someone who has not eased thier condition on more hope and change promises. They will simply stay home and have another beer.

But you know who will go vote?

The middle class and the elderly in masses.

obamas young vote is dwindled, they are camped out wishing for communism in OWS tents.

Its going to be middle class hard workers such as myself who know we have too much to lose if we stay home. and the elderly religous right are not going to vote for obama. and it looks like many jewish people are fed up with obama too.

The placating and pandering to specific groups of people of which obama has not kept his promises is going to come and bite his ass this election.

2seaoat wrote:My question remains unanswered: which of the swing states will Romney win if the polls are changing?

which one has the most whiteys in it?

2seaoat

Again, not even an attempt to have an intelligent conversation. You imply that some poll is relevant. I ask the simple question of which swing states are influenced by said poll such that Romney now has the lead. It was not a trap or trick question. President Obama has blown Wisconsin right off the swing state list in the last four weeks. This is not rocket science. If the President is going to lose....he needs to not win those swing states.....quit chasing your tail.....show me how Romney is going to win....which swing states?

2seaoat wrote:Again, not even an attempt to have an intelligent conversation. You imply that some poll is relevant. I ask the simple question of which swing states are influenced by said poll such that Romney now has the lead. It was not a trap or trick question. President Obama has blown Wisconsin right off the swing state list in the last four weeks. This is not rocket science. If the President is going to lose....he needs to not win those swing states.....quit chasing your tail.....show me how Romney is going to win....which swing states?

Show me a poll without more dems than repubs who replied.

Chrissy wrote:

the facts are that people out here are suffering. They have been marching down the street suffering.

Logic dictates that people are NOT going to go vote for someone who has not eased thier condition on more hope and change promises. They will simply stay home and have another beer.

obamas young vote is dwindled, they are camped out wishing for communism in OWS tents.

Its going to be middle class hard workers such as myself who know we have too much to lose if we stay home. and the elderly religous right are not going to vote for obama. and it looks like many jewish people are fed up with obama too.

The placating and pandering to specific groups of people of which obama has not kept his promises is going to come and bite his ass this election.

The polls are not the answer but she posts the poll numbers. Shocked

Last edited by Dreamsglore on 9/22/2012, 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sal

Sal

Chrissy wrote:Rumor has it that the obama paid media is so scared that obama is going to lose they are polling way more dems than anyone else.

Rumor has it that you're an imbecile.

Turns out it was a fact, not a rumor.

Slicef18

Slicef18

Rogue wrote:

"the facts are that people out here are suffering."

Who was it during the run-up to war said,"Saddham tried to kill my daddy?

And who was it that took America into two wars with Iraq and Afghanistan?

Who was the first President to take America to war without raising taxes to pay for it?

Who was it who cut taxes for the wealthy?

Who was sitting in the Oval Office when America's economy went bad?

Who was the only American President convicted by the world court of war crimes and doesn't dare leave American soil?

Ya let's blame Obama.

Slicef18 wrote:
Rogue wrote:

Who was the first President to take America to war without raising taxes to pay for it?

Who was the only American President convicted by the world court of war crimes and doesn't dare leave American soil?

Ya let's blame Obama.

Who said he should not be reelected if he could not fix the economy?

Barack Hussein Obama

Not only has he been unable to fix things, he has made them worse and it's going to get really bad pumping more money into the economy. Will you only believe things are bad when it takes a wheelbarrow full of cash to do your grocery shopping at Wal Mart?

The middle class are going to turn out in DROVES for Romney.

The struggling middle class worker out here who is watching thier lifes dream crash around them as they work more for less pay ( which is the obama plan btw) are not going to sit idle.

obama's youth vote and pandering vote isnt going to save him this time. people are fed up. we dont see it so much because people are also not "fired" up for romeny. but come election day. They will vote romney because they know obama has to go.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Right, the voters will think it is a good idea to elect a Wall Street insider to be our next president. That should fix all our problems. Lower taxes, get rid of regulations (we don't need no stinking regs!) and let the big money guys do their thing. That's what got us into this mess to begin with. I don't think this is the time or place for a "hair of the dog" prescription.

People can see and hear who Romney is which is a multiple faced greedy sneaky candidate with 100 million in his IRA and bank accounts overseas. That doesn't sound like a very patriotic way to handle your business. What other person running for President has ever had Swiss bank accounts etc.?

He's a big money guy who's in the race to help his big money friends, period.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Obama, Mitt Romney Tied But President's Approval Rating Rises: AP Poll
By NANCY BENAC and JENNIFER AGIESTA 09/19/12 03:14 PM ET EDT
WASHINGTON — Still sour on the state of the U.S. economy, Americans are nonetheless heading into the home stretch to Election Day feeling better about the country's future and about how President Barack Obama is doing his job, a new Associated Press-GfK poll shows.

Republican rival Mitt Romney, meanwhile, has lost his pre-convention edge on the economy amid a flurry of distractions that have taken him on a detour from the central message of his campaign.

For all of that, neither candidate has managed to break away in the drum-tight presidential race.

Obama is supported by 47 percent of likely voters and Romney by 46 percent, according to the poll. The survey was ending just as word surfaced of Romney's caught-on-tape comment that he doesn't worry about the 47 percent of people who pay no income taxes, describing them as believing they are victims and dependent on government.

This lead doesn't even reflect the negative movement of Romney's approval ratings that reflect his 47% comments.

othershoe1030 wrote:Right, the voters will think it is a good idea to elect a Wall Street insider to be our next president. That should fix all our problems. Lower taxes, get rid of regulations (we don't need no stinking regs!) and let the big money guys do their thing. That's what got us into this mess to begin with. I don't think this is the time or place for a "hair of the dog" prescription.

People can see and hear who Romney is which is a multiple faced greedy sneaky candidate with 100 million in his IRA and bank accounts overseas. That doesn't sound like a very patriotic way to handle your business. What other person running for President has ever had Swiss bank accounts etc.?

people can SEE and HEAR who obama is as well. and that is a COMPLETE AND UTTER FAILURE.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Rogue wrote:The middle class are going to turn out in DROVES for Romney.

lol

Slicef18

Slicef18

Rogue wrote:The middle class are going to turn out in DROVES for Romney.

The struggling middle class worker out here who is watching thier lifes dream crash around them as they work more for less pay ( which is the obama plan btw) are not going to sit idle.

obama's youth vote and pandering vote isnt going to save him this time. people are fed up. we dont see it so much because people are also not "fired" up for romeny. but come election day. They will vote romney because they know obama has to go.

I don't know where you get your information, but that flies in the face of reality on the ground. It sounds like the kind of factual predictions of Harold Camping and Brian Miller.

knothead

knothead

Rogue wrote:

Chrissy, Did you mean scewed, skewed, or screwed . . . or all three?

knothead wrote:
Rogue wrote:

Chrissy, Did you mean scewed, skewed, or screwed . . . or all three?

all 3 at this point Laughing

Slicef18 wrote:
Rogue wrote:

Ya let's blame Obama.

I didn't know he was convicted of war crimes by a world court? Good grief!

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Rogue wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:Right, the voters will think it is a good idea to elect a Wall Street insider to be our next president. That should fix all our problems. Lower taxes, get rid of regulations (we don't need no stinking regs!) and let the big money guys do their thing. That's what got us into this mess to begin with. I don't think this is the time or place for a "hair of the dog" prescription.

people can SEE and HEAR who obama is as well. and that is a COMPLETE AND UTTER FAILURE.
We're out of Iraq, bin Ladin is dead and...at least we are headed in the right direction!

Obama's Approval Rating Is Tanking Unknow12

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum