Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

57% approval rating for President Trump

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_jan24

Smile

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Is this a big deal on day 4? It's a rounding point.....   Rolling Eyes

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Is this a big deal on day 4? It's a rounding point.....  Rolling Eyes

Do you know what you're talking about?

knothead

knothead

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/trump_favorableunfavorable-5493.html

RCP Average 1/12 - 1/18 -- 41.8 49.9 -8.1
FOX News 1/15 - 1/18 1006 RV 42 55 -13
Rasmussen Reports 1/17 - 1/18 1000 LV 52 48 +4
Economist/YouGov 1/14 - 1/17 1222 RV 43 54 -11
Reuters/Ipsos 1/13 - 1/17 2070 A 50 50 Tie
CBS News 1/13 - 1/16 1257 A 32 42 -10
ABC News/Wash Post 1/12 - 1/15 1005 A 40 54 -14
CNN/ORC 1/12 - 1/15 1000 A 44 53 -9
NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl 1/12 - 1/15 1000 A 38 48 -10
Monmouth 1/12 - 1/15 708 RV 35 45 -10

WRONG! RCP Average stuck at 41.8% approval.

RealLindaL

knothead wrote:

You SHOW 'em, Knot!! cheers

Markle

Markle

RealLindaL wrote:
knothead wrote:

You SHOW 'em, Knot!!     cheers

Most amusing.

Progressives never wanted to use that average before.

Keep dreaming nuthead errrrr knot head

Hothead, why is your poll from two weeks ago? Why does it have below it an old electoral college projection (quite wrong I might add)? Keep up clueless dolt.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://andrewgelman.com/2016/10/01/dont-trust-rasmussen-polls/

Don’t trust Rasmussen polls!

Political scientist Alan Abramowitz brings us some news about the notorious pollster:

In the past 12 months, according to Real Clear Politics, there have been 72 national polls matching Clinton with Trump—16 polls conducted by Fox News or Rasmussen and 56 polls conducted by other polling organizations. Here are the results:

Trump has led or been tied with Clinton in 44 percent (7 of 16) of Fox and Rasmussen Polls: 3 of 5 Rasmussen Polls and 4 of 11 Fox News Polls.

Trump has led or been tied with Clinton in 7 percent (4 of 56) polls conducted by other polling organizations.

To put it another way, Fox and Rasmussen together have accounted for 22 percent of all national polls in the past year but they have accounted for 64 percent of the polls in which Trump has been leading or tied with Clinton.

Using Pollster’s tool that allows you to calculate polling averages with different types of polls and polling organizations excluded:

Current Pollster average: Clinton +2.7
Removing Rasmussen and Fox News: Clinton +7.7
Live Interview polls only: Clinton +8.8
Live interview polls without Fox News: Clinton +9.2

I find it remarkable that simply removing Rasmussen and Fox changes the average by 5 points.

Hey—I remember Rasmussen! They’re a bunch of clowns.

57% approval rating for President Trump Krustytheclown

Here are a couple of old posts about Rasmussen.

From 2010:

Rasmussen polls are consistently to the right of other polls, and this is often explained in terms of legitimate differences in methodological minutiae. But there seems to be evidence that Rasmussen’s house effect is much larger when Republicans are behind, and that it appears and disappears quickly at different points in the election cycle.

From 2008:

I was looking up the governors’ popularity numbers on the web, and came across this page from Rasmussen Reports which shows Sarah Palin as the 3rd-most-popular governor. But then I looked more carefully. Janet Napolitano of Arizona is viewed as Excellent by 28% of respondents, Good by 27%, Fair by 26%, and Poor by 27%. That adds up to 108%! What’s going on? I’d think they would have a computer program to pipe the survey results directly into the spreadsheet. But I guess not, someone must be entering these numbers by hand. Weird.

I just checked that page again and it’s still wrong:

Screen Shot 2016-05-20 at 8.10.03 PM

What ever happened to good old American quality control?

But, hey, it’s a living. Produce crap numbers that disagree with everyone else and you’re gonna get headlines.

You’d think news organizations would eventually twig to this particular scam and stop reporting Rasmussen numbers as if they’re actually data, but I guess polls are the journalistic equivalent of crack cocaine.

Given that major news organizations are reporting whatever joke study gets released in PPNAS, I guess we shouldn’t be surprised they’ll fall for Rasmussen, time and time again. It’s inducing stat rage in me nonetheless.

If only science reporters and political reporters had the standards of sports reporters. We can only dream.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Floridatexan wrote:57% approval rating for President Trump Krustytheclown

PeeDog at the head of his classroom?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum