Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ways to Combat Telemarketers...

+5
Joanimaroni
Hospital Bob
Markle
Sal
ZVUGKTUBM
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ways to Combat Telemarketers... Empty Ways to Combat Telemarketers... 1/26/2016, 6:46 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Pressing "2" to be removed from their calling list only ensures you will be called even more. Simply hanging up does not work. You must fight back against them by wasting some of their precious time.

Press "1" to speak to a representative,  put the phone handset next to your speakers, and open this website:
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare
Turn the volume up high. When I started routinely doing this, call volume dropped markedly.

Today I tried a new twist. A live person asked for me by name. I started repeating "No me hablo Ingles," over and over. The person said "OK" and then hung up the line.

In order to stop Rachel from Cardholder Services (an illegal phone call if you are on the Do Not Call List, BTW), you must fight fire with fire.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sal

Sal

My grandma used to keep an old referee's whistle next to the telephone, which she would blow into the receiver whenever telemarketers called.

She was a feisty old bird.

Markle

Markle

I've been on the National Do Not Call List since the very beginning. My land line and my cell phone. I am very, very seldom bothered by any telemarketing calls.

I fail to see the need of being mean to someone who has taken a really tough job and not opted to depend on the tax payer. I can certainly see why Progressives would prefer assaulting someone working for a living.

I politely tell them I'm not interested. If it is a poll, I may or may not participate if it sounds interesting. If they keep talking after I tell them I'm not interested, I hang up.

Yes, that's hypocritical of me. When getting started, I made thousands of cold calls which resulted in many, many listings and sales. I knocked on doors, sent thousands of notes and letters. I never had anyone be less that courteous. That could be because I live in the South. When knocking on doors, it might again have been because I'm in the South or because I'm a big guy and, at the time, in great shape.

Now we (Realtors) have to refer to the do not call list before call a specific number. If I was starting out today, I'd go to the extra trouble because there would be even less competition.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I first discovered how to handle telemarketers about 10 or 15 years ago.

1.  Go ahead and let them start to give the pitch.

2.  When they finally pause to get your response,  say the following...

"Tell you what,  I'll make a deal with you.  I have a good working Kenmore refrigerator that was left to me by my aunt,  may she rest in peace. It's an extra for me so I can give you a real good deal on it.
So if you'll buy the refrigerator from me,  I'll buy your time share (or whatever the product or service is)".

3.  There will be silence,  and then the telemarketer will try to keep reading the script.

4.  That's when you reply with this...

"Wait a minute here,  if you aren't willing to consider buying my refrigerator,  then why should I consider buying something from you?  Are you saying my refrigerator is not a good deal but your time share is?  Why are you insulting me like that.  Are you questioning my honesty?"

After hearing that they have no response to it so they hang up.  Works like a charm.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I am through being nice to telemarketers, and I could care less how hard they have to work to scam gullible old-people and the like. Rachel from Cardholder Services is NOT out to help her callers. The workers at these places are part of the scam and only deserve derision. Waste their time--screw with their minds--many of them work for commissions or have to fill quotas--screw with that. The telemarketing companies must pay for those phone calls--make it not worth their while.

A week ago, a robot called and asked me: "How are you today?" I said repeatedly, in a low monotone, "Fuck you!" The robot did not know how to respond and actually got tongue-twisted. I could have carried this on for several minutes, but decided to spare the robot, and hung-up.

Once I started playing that "You are an idiot" tune at the Albino Blacksheep website, the call volume really dropped-off, thus proving my theory that you can only stop them by fighting them.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If talking to telemarketers stresses you,  there's a way to handle that.
Once you first realize it's a telemarketer calling,  then immediately just lay the phone (or handset) down beside you where you can't hear what the caller is saying.
Then they start talking to themselves.  And then eventually they will just hang up.
That way you get the satisfaction of having them waste their time without having to listen to them.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bob wrote:If talking to telemarketers stresses you,  there's a way to handle that.
Once you first realize it's a telemarketer calling,  then immediately just lay the phone (or handset) down beside you where you can't hear what the caller is saying.
Then they start talking to themselves.  And then eventually they will just hang up.
That way you get the satisfaction of having them waste their time without having to listen to them.

I do that a lot, too......

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Regardless of how you handle it,  this is the bottom line.

Whenever any product or any service of any kind has to be sold by hiring boiler room callers to read a phony script to you over the phone,  that product or service is guaranteed to be a bad deal.  Period.  There are NO exceptions.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

In the interests of full disclosure,  I should confess that I myself worked as a telemarketer when I was in college.
I worked for Perdido Bay Country Club Estates when that thing was first developed.
I called people to tell them they would be given a free Kodak camera if they would go to the Perdido Bay Country Club Estates and listen to a real estate pitch.
For everyone I called who actually showed up to receive the free camera,  I was paid ten bucks.
I spent two weeks calling hundreds and hundreds if not thousands of people randomly from the phone book.
At the end of the two weeks,  three people had showed up and they paid me $30.   That was just not enough compensation for two weeks work so I quit.
But to this day I think that outfit was screwing me and lying to me about how many people showed up to get the camera so they could cheat me out of the commissions.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I am through being nice to telemarketers, and I could care less how hard they have to work to scam gullible old-people and the like. Rachel from Cardholder Services is NOT out to help her callers. The workers at these places are part of the scam and only deserve derision. Waste their time--screw with their minds--many of them work for commissions or have to fill quotas--screw with that. The telemarketing companies must pay for those phone calls--make it not worth their while.

A week ago, a robot called and asked me: "How are you today?" I said repeatedly, in a low monotone, "Fuck you!" The robot did not know how to respond and actually got tongue-twisted. I could have carried this on for several minutes, but decided to spare the robot, and hung-up.

Once I started playing that "You are an idiot" tune at the Albino Blacksheep website, the call volume really dropped-off, thus proving my theory that you can only stop them by fighting them.

I held on for a representative from Card Holder Services and when a man answered, probably of India, I told him to take me off the call list. He turned the call into an x-rated response. Wow....no way to report them.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Joanimaroni wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I am through being nice to telemarketers, and I could care less how hard they have to work to scam gullible old-people and the like. Rachel from Cardholder Services is NOT out to help her callers. The workers at these places are part of the scam and only deserve derision. Waste their time--screw with their minds--many of them work for commissions or have to fill quotas--screw with that. The telemarketing companies must pay for those phone calls--make it not worth their while.

I held on for a representative from Card Holder Services and when a man answered, probably of India, I told him to take me off the call list. He turned the call into an x-rated response. Wow....no way to report them.

Play them this as soon as they come on the line:

I had one rep do a sing along with it before he hung-up.

Telstar

Telstar

I like to perform little plays complete with characters. When they ask for an account number I have my assistant Igor fetch it for me and after a bit I discover Igor retrieved the wrong document and start whipping him, they usually catch on during the screams and begging for mercy from master. Sometimes I recite the account number, an endless stream of unrelated numbers. Sometimes they hold on for 2 or 3 minutes before they disco. The first thing you learn is time is money.

dumpcare

Here you go Z.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ou3iDwNHEds

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

ppaca wrote:Here you go Z.

That guy knows exactly what to do....

I also learned to hang up on the callers from the Police Benevolence Association. First, the call comes from a call center that keeps a significant portion of your donation for its costs. The same call center is used by every law enforcement/fire fighter/EMT, etc. benevolence society, and if you give to one, you will get called for all. I made the mistake of giving $25 to one of the benevolence associations in the early 90s, and my phone rang off the hook for the next two years. I quit being benevolent because of that.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
ppaca wrote:Here you go Z.

That guy knows exactly what to do....

I also learned to hang up on the callers from the Police Benevolence Association. First, the call comes from a call center that keeps a significant portion of your donation for its costs. The same call center is used by every law enforcement/fire fighter/EMT, etc. benevolence society, and if you give to one, you will get called for all. I made the mistake of giving $25 to one of the benevolence associations in the early 90s, and my phone rang off the hook for the next two years. I quit being benevolent because of that.

I think the Fraternal Order of Police is actually worse than the PBA. And I've had some real doozies call me. One of the recent ones asked me if I could hire him...said he was really good at sex. I just answer...then hang up before the answering machine kicks in. Or I tell them I'm reporting them to the FCC...which I did in one case.

Markle

Markle

Amusing how many people...and how many Progressives sit around dreaming up ways to ridicule and denigrate people who have jobs and work hard.

Keep up boasting about who you are...REALLY.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:Amusing how many people...and how many Progressives sit around dreaming up ways to ridicule and denigrate people who have jobs and work hard.

Keep up boasting about who you are...REALLY.

Markle, why don't you stick to writing-up posts about "Lame Duck President Barrack Hussein Obama," since that is what you seem most suited for......

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I got two live calls (not robocallers) from an unknown source within 20 minutes of each other this afternoon. A distinctly foreign voice was on the other end of the line trying to tell me in heavily accented English that there was something wrong with my computer and that it was urgent that I follow his instructions. I played along until I could pull-up the Albino Blacksheep website and turn my speakers up loud while I placed the telephone handset next to the speaker.....

"...YOU ARE AN IDIOT, HAHA HAHA HAHA HAAAAAHA!..." (repeating)

The second caller listened to this for a full minute and still wanted to talk to me when I turned off my speakers, so I turned them back on and gave him further treatment. He was still there after two idiot treatments, so I told him to 'bug-off' and hung-up.

The Do Not Call law means it is illegal to call me for phone solicitations if my name is on the list (it is on both Federal and Florida lists). If you call me, I am going to mistreat you and waste some of your precious time!

When Rachel from Cardholder Services calls, I never press 2 to be removed from their calling list (it only verifies that I am there so they can keep calling). I always press 1 to speak to a customer service representative, and that person gets the Idiot Treatment also. Since I have been doing this, the call volume from Rachel has remarkably dropped. Is there a corollary for my strategy?

Two calls within 10 minutes from someone using a name near my deceased father's name. I understand that is some type of slamming. Also a foreign voice.

I answer and immediately hang up. If I let it go to voicemail they never leave a message.

cool1

cool1

I have 2 phones one I don't answer and my cell that I do answer and every few days I just delete them off my answering machine Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum