Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Do Lindsey Lohan, Bullies, Telemarketers, the Kardashians, John Edwards, Lobbyists, Fidel Castro, Gonorrhea, and Ebola Have in Common?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

They're the only things less popular than Congress!

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2013/01/congress-somewhere-below-cockroaches-traffic-jams-and-nickleback-in-americans-esteem.html

Even Nickleback is more popular than Congress.

Bleck!

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Sal wrote:They're the only things less popular than Congress!

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2013/01/congress-somewhere-below-cockroaches-traffic-jams-and-nickleback-in-americans-esteem.html

Even Nickleback is more popular than Congress.

Bleck!
Each member of Congress apparently thinks all the low ratings apply to the other members, not to them. Then they continue to not solve our problems and obstruct at every opportunity and continue to wonder why their ratings are so low.

I can already hear the ridiculous things the tea baggers are going to be spouting over the debt ceiling. I may have to avoid the news until the debt ceiling folly is over.

2seaoat

Keep your party loyalty....but vote against all incumbents. If this was going to spread.....the people who are now only working 32 weeks a year when they used to work 48 weeks, might realize they keep their jobs by cooperating and working on the People's business.......not the special interests.

The idea of cutting govt spending/size is crazy talk... I know. But since it spends nearly twice what it takes from us and has run up a debt the size of our entire gdp do you support taxes that balance the budget and service the debt in order to pay it off during our generation? Our kids and grandchildren don't deserve to be burdened and enslaved by our idiocy... right?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Keep your party loyalty....but vote against all incumbents. If this was going to spread.....the people who are now only working 32 weeks a year when they used to work 48 weeks, might realize they keep their jobs by cooperating and working on the People's business.......not the special interests.
Not a snowball's chance of that happening. The whole system is predicated on seniority. The goal of a congressman is to get on the appropriations committees and eventually chair those committees. The congressman in our own district is a textbook example.
Once the congressman is firmly entrenched in the system, he/she is better able to funnel money into his/her district. That money produces profits and jobs and money talks.
Our district will never replace that with a neophyte congressman. Two many people in the district are dependent on that profit and those jobs.
Multiply this scenario by congressional districts all across the country and now you have a understanding of how Congress works.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

It is time to do away with all the needless tax expenditures to very profitable corporations such as those in the petroleum industry. Another place to look is toward the expansion of top secret spy agencies that have grown in leaps and bounds since 911 and all the Homeland Security growth.

It is true that the government really does create jobs as Bob points out. Still there are those who keep insisting that this is not true, odd, or I should say, inconsistent?

othershoe1030 wrote:It is time to do away with all the needless tax expenditures to very profitable corporations such as those in the petroleum industry. Another place to look is toward the expansion of top secret spy agencies that have grown in leaps and bounds since 911 and all the Homeland Security growth.

It is true that the government really does create jobs as Bob points out. Still there are those who keep insisting that this is not true, odd, or I should say, inconsistent?

Where do you suppose the money comes from that the govt uses to create those jobs?

While I don't agree that the govt should subsidize biz... what do you suppose something like the price of milk would do?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum